Vuelta 2022 15h

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

Weezel

Re: Vuelta 2022 15h

Post by Weezel » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:46 pm

Great summarys from AAD and Donkster!
First of all, I'm really happy that I finally managed to win my first GC at a Grand Tour. It is even greater as Unai wins in his "own country". Some people will tell me, that Basques are not really from Spain, but the Tour also was on Basque Country, so it's a homewin.

At the start I really feared this Double Asier/Payot from the Donkey. It's never easy to fight against two strong climbers while having one who is a little bit stronger. But in the first two weeks the profile was really good for me ( ________/ as AAD mentioned earlier) and in the second week I somehow managed to control Payot without killing Unai. To be honest I was a little bit surprised about myself. Usually I'm very shaky, when I play c4f. But this time I stayed calm, fokused on the race and did less mistakes than before. This is one point that shows me, that our teams future has to be in the mountains.

So actually T-Mobile-A is searching for a GC-Leader for the next year. We also consider a good helper (something like a 80/70 maybe) to be ready for some next GC-Fight. Next time probably against Donkey (Payot, Steiner), AAD (Volta), CC (Hill), Romoc (Mr. x) and whoever wants to join the great afternoon with a climber. See you on the road!
Manager von T-Mobile-A

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:22 pm

Final statistics

Red jersey: Final standing after 21/21 stages
00'00'' Unai Agirrezabala (T-Mobile-A)
00'17'' Asier Basterretxea (Big Donkey)
01'09'' Guillaume Payot (Big Donkey)
02'27'' Isaac Gutierez (Romoc Riders)
08'29'' Henry Hill (CircleCycle)

Point classification
Cadmael Ical (CircleCycle), 287
Asier Basterretxea (Big Donkey), 212
Unai Agirrezabala (T-Mobile-A), 196

Mountain classification
Jaswant Srivastav (Alive And Dead), 162
Unai Agirrezabala (T-Mobile-A), 102
Mattio Savinci (r QUICK), 95

Young rider classification
01'09'' Guillaume Payot (Big Donkey)
08'29'' Henry Hill (CircleCycle)
19'03'' Cesare Camoranesi (r QUICK)

Team classification
00'00'' Romoc Riders
04'05'' Big Donkey
07'42'' Alive And Dead

Stage wins by riders
4 Unai Agirrezabala (T-Mobile-A)
3 Asier Basterretxea (Big Donkey)
2 Cadmael Ical (CircleCycle)
2 Paolo Borgia (r QUICK)
1 Markus Rothen (Atletico Lula)
1 Romain Page (CircleCycle)
1 Nikola Tesla (Alive And Dead)
1 Jaswant Srivastav (Alive And Dead)
1 Gio diStefano (r QUICK)
1 Ruben Botero (Romoc Riders)
1 Mattia Savinci (r QUICK)
1 Helmut Heuser (Alive And Dead)
1 Ferdinand Frei (r QUICK)

Stage winners by teams
5 r QUICK
4 CircleCycle
4 T-Mobile-A
3 Big Donkey
3 Alive And Dead
1 Atletico Lula
1 Romoc Riders
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Quick

Post by Quick » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:03 am

Was inscribing rather spontaneously for the tour. Therefore no goals at all. I think Gael started with 89 form descending or so the first week...so real shit form...but even in great form, maybe 1 or 2 GC places ahead...nothing to care for. Except money, wanted money, got money. Not too much but certainly a lot.

Anyway, very happy to have participated. One more GC team would have been great but it was an interesting fight either way.

Similar to Mobster finding out he wants mountain leaders, the Quick wants sprinters and is happy about flat stages. Not enough flat stages here either but the ones we had, we mostly won. At least 3/5 or so. Frei winning the last day in France and Spain is a big accomplishment and I'm obviously super happy with that.

Most stage wins and most individual winners thanks to some lucky escapes in the last week of the tour.

I thank all participants for those 3 weeks and now I'm happy, I can ride more flat stages in the side program :)
J-Czucz hype train

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:48 am

Quick wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:03 am
Was inscribing rather spontaneously for the tour. Therefore no goals at all. I think Gael started with 89 form descending or so the first week...so real shit form...but even in great form, maybe 1 or 2 GC places ahead...nothing to care for. Except money, wanted money, got money. Not too much but certainly a lot.

Anyway, very happy to have participated. One more GC team would have been great but it was an interesting fight either way.

Similar to Mobster finding out he wants mountain leaders, the Quick wants sprinters and is happy about flat stages. Not enough flat stages here either but the ones we had, we mostly won. At least 3/5 or so. Frei winning the last day in France and Spain is a big accomplishment and I'm obviously super happy with that.

Most stage wins and most individual winners thanks to some lucky escapes in the last week of the tour.

I thank all participants for those 3 weeks and now I'm happy, I can ride more flat stages in the side program :)
I was even more spontaneously inscribing for the tour. And I was pretty unhappy about my lineup in the first week. Also my stars had declining form, just Heuser somehow had form end of August. Was really fearing a no-win GT again, that was also the reason to try too hard on the first hilly chance for Tesla that ended in a disaster. But after winning with Tesla on that flat stage it was a bit easier. The team stopping desperately trying to be in each escape made it easier to focus on some other goals. With Jaswant winning a real mountain stage and Heuser profiting in a really hectical stage, all of my classics won a stage here + Jaswant takes the mountain jersey with him. My first plan was to win some time with Jaswant very early but mostly Donkey showed he will not let that happen. Heuser finally ending up in GK place 11. He had to give up his hopes for a top 6/10 place on the stage where I was let due to Waldviertel clock failure. But it doesn't really matter much. Wanted to try a Jaswant-Heuser escape for the stage in the last week but didn't find the right place and when others did good attacks I slept. So all in all it was a success and we got good points and money for building the GIRO 2023 team.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Quick

Post by Quick » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:33 pm

Without super spontaneous AaD I'm FEASTING here. No stupid train which is similarly strong as mine. No stupid Hinton to beat Frei. No stupid Tesla to catch after siebs. Irvine was always confident in catching Ical with his 64 mountain guy.

No Jaswant going for red. No Jaswant being too strong for my guys in escape. Grrrrrr.
J-Czucz hype train