Quick

Tour de France - 9h

Post by Quick » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:56 am

The morning needs a thread this time.
J-Czucz hype train

Quick

Re: Tour de France - 9h

Post by Quick » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:23 pm

Jarmusch with a strong TT. Already a minute in front of his GC opponents.

O Imperdor with yellow.

Fun TT. So fun we rode it twice.
J-Czucz hype train

Quick

Post by Quick » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:22 am

In a thrilling stage 2 finish, Rejdar shows all his class and gets the first flat stage of the tour. Could be a big step towards green bit Ferdi will keep fighting and should still be the favorite in my eyes.

In other events: way too many offliners. As it's weekend and a lot of the morning crew rides during work, that's maybe expected. If there's no change during the week, we might see some chaos GC stages though.

Cesare now in yellow after he missed out because of 3 seconds in the TT. Looking forward to defend it tomorrow.
J-Czucz hype train

Quick

Post by Quick » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:10 pm

The revenge of the Frei on stage 3. Double win for the quickies. This time Schart messed up the sprint a bit.

Need my restday now, then fully motivated for another stage on tuesday and then the GC battles can start.
J-Czucz hype train

Quick

Post by Quick » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:09 am

Stage 4 had Bahrain and his sprinter online for the first time. Also bold tactics by Schart to not help Rejdar and nobody on Irvine.

Irvine wins before Olafsson and Frei.

Tomorrow the real tour begins. Frei might try one more time to get something in the hope the GC teams focus more on their GC leaders than the stage.
J-Czucz hype train

Quick

Post by Quick » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:21 pm

Stage 5, the one with the cobbles. As Joy said during the race:"some teams might expect too much from this stage" ...and then much happened. Jarmusch gaining over a minute on the other mountain riders.

Over 2 minutes now with the best TT - clear favo for now. Schart rode excellent, perfect power and time management.

That GC attack also meant that nobody was really interested for the stage. And that meant that the Quicks could bring it home again. Frei wins his second stage and extends his lead for green.

Yellow goes from Camoranesi to Irvine but stays with me. Probably for the last day or two.
J-Czucz hype train

Quick

Post by Quick » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:36 pm

So on the 6th stage I thought we would chill a bit after a hard day before. But no, not with Furpach! Some great sieb and tempo. Didn't lead to anything but Scharts team should look very attackable tomorrow.

The stage goes to Bahrain after a 3 men group came through. Matti in front of Tommy and an Imperdor who forgot to sprint.
J-Czucz hype train

Quick

Post by Quick » Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:11 am

Stage 7, first proper mountain arrival. Bahrain and Imperdor tried to win through a group but Schart and Fur chased.

In the end Joy won after not doing much the whole day. Also gained around 35 sec back on Jim.
J-Czucz hype train

Quick

Post by Quick » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:47 am

Uh oh, some catching up to do.

Not even sure I remember everything. But 3 stages, 3 escapes, 3 Bahrain wins? That sounds about right. Except Maatis was on Sunday? Probably Maatis on Sunday! So 3 stages, 2 Bahrain and 1 furpach win.

Ryan still in yellow.

Jim still far ahead in my favo check. Can probably only lose it if he's offline.

Chemistry between Joy and Fur not great atm, which also helps Schart.
J-Czucz hype train

Quick

Post by Quick » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:03 pm

Meh
Last edited by Quick on Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J-Czucz hype train

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:25 pm

Mornings, mornings. Join the afternoon, we're much fairer, I attack everybody that doesn't give me presents!!!!
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Schartner Bombe

Post by Schartner Bombe » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:38 pm

Stage 12, hope I am allowed to report from the front of race.

At the beginning of the stage it was a skirmish for the red jersey.
Furpy tried to get a small advantage with a sieb, but couldn't pull it off. so the peloton came back together again. Than BM went out and tried to make a gap - maybe for a stage win. After that Joyride attacked with two, maybe to do a farmers one, but two Schartners went along.

By this action, two teams were really pissed off - Furpy and Imp made tempo in peloton - during that Joy, BM and Schartners made the frontgroup. Next sieb through Joys classic rider, but BM could take the HC.
fter that it was more or less silent till the fucking end of stage.
Therefore Kyösti went with tempo into the last climb. In GC JJ had to suffer the first 10% and than he showed his weakness. Joy attacked with Kyösti and Toafo followed.

Behind the mountain guys there is a competition between Hincapie (BM) and Sainsbury and Habermacher (Quick) all the way of the tour. This classic guys are not really far behind in GC. Maybe today it was an advantage for BM (only hanging and save energy) against the Quicks. They got 8. (BM) 9. and 12. (Quickies)

During this fight behind, the mountain guys did the GC question. Toafo and Kyösti were riding like hell. JJ, who calls himself a winner (he didnt win one stage in his career) has shown his weakness first. The two guys in front were around 40 sec ahead when Pierre Pagie showed off his strength and attacked after sucking 10 or 12km. Lindström and Chung tried the same, but it didnt work in the end because JJ came back to old strength. Next stages maybe 3 guys are riding for GC. Toafo did the best job since the paves stage.

In the end, a lot of time gaining in GC. Pagie took red. Toafo took yellow. Kyösti took a Joynt (maybe) ;-)

Whats up tomorrow? Will be a day for the Quickies. They have shown their strength in this tourprofiles.

Quick

Post by Quick » Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:46 pm

Everything looked like a calm race in the beginning...until the fire nation...ehm, I mean Furpach with Testino attacked. Followed by an early hard sieb. Even joy made tempo im front. Bit weird to see the mountain teams try more GC shenigans on a flat stage than a mountain stage but need to use the chances which present themselves.

But not enough flat power and thanks to a quick-schartner collaboration in the back, the stage favos Frei, Hjermstad and Olafsson all came back without greater problems.

No sieb or attack than on the last 6. So, pretty straight forward end. Desperate tries by me to bring Frei and his train in a good position all spectacularly failed. Luckily Rejdar himself attacked and I only forgot to follow with the Irvine.

In the end 3 quicks beat 2 schartners in the sprint. Sainsbury-Rejdar-Frei on the podium, 1 second before the peloton which saw 3 Bahrains dominate the sprint.
J-Czucz hype train

Quick

Post by Quick » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:45 pm

Rest day tomorrow. Weekend races behind us. No idea what happened on Saturday, maybe Schart can tell us. Urs still in the race though, which is worth a mention.

Today, myself not really online, not really offline. Thought about an early deal with Bahrain for p2 but with a restday tomorrow, power didn't matter anyway.

Bahrain and Imperdor in the escape. Early and hard chase by me, so group never had a chance.

Then a sieb on the last 7. Quick vs schartner started. Thought I wouldn't come back but also thought Tor would be in front and still fit to make tempo for Schart. Frei had to work a bit though, which maybe also led to Rejdar not going all out to try to defend against Irvine. Irvine put his 92 too good use and caught the Scharts.

Then chaos. Wango and 2 quicks attacked but only Wango strong. Irvine attacked but couldn't get away. Then Irvine tempo 1km to close the gap to Wango a bit but Rejdar attacked on that km and couldn't get away. Then finally Rejdar attacked and got away but at this point too weak to catch Wango. GW Fur!

What nobody realised was that there was no tempo in Peloton then. Well, Schartner realised! Nobody on Jim either. Nice 20 seconds - maybe the difference in the end?

Current GC standings: Jim ~10s ahead of Maatis and ~45s ahead of Kyosti. 3 hard stages left, all one after another Tuesday-Thursday. Maatis has to hold the 87 through one more training. Completely open race.
J-Czucz hype train

Quick

Post by Quick » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:51 am

Maybe we'll never know what happened on Saturday?! Old news anyway now.

After the restday the last 3 hard stages kept calling. Actually only 2 hard stages as today was classified as hilly.

So with a fully fit group, I was wondering if someone tries something on the first of 3 hard days but nobody was trying at the start. After a couple KMs Urs and Cesare then decided to try their luck and go in an escape. Many riders hanging, especially from the GC teams, made the try worthless though, so Urs decided to weaken some hanging guys and attacked a couple times more. As result he did get the full sprint intermediate later on before he fell back to the peloton again.

Then nothing really happening until the middle hill. Agressive Furpach with a Chung sieb and a strong Oku to pull the remaining guys. No classic in front, so in hindsight I wonder how dangerous the sieb really was. Anyway, that is hindsight. The sieb made Schart do tempo with Sid and a strong looking Mikhail. Ziegler in the same group did nothing which turned out to be important later. In the group behind Schart was first riding alone with Kellehen but soon stopped and Bahrain took over for Samuelsson.

To me it looked like Schart would probably close the gap to Fur but Bahrain had a very low chance to get back. I think Fur had like 20 seconds to Schart and Schart another 40 to Bahrain at the end of the first downhill. Then I missed 3 km and when I was back Bahrain was in front again. So Fur let him come back and Schart wasn't trying against Bahrain(and my guys) either.

Last hill then, same same but different. Chung sieb?! Or Pollieux? Hard sieb. Then Pollieux+Kyosti double attack with Maatis following. Jim a bit lost because after the hard sieb Mikhail was even behind the Bahrain classics now. Bahrain then used Matti to pull his classics which did work until the last km 150 or 151. The really hard kms. Another sieb there. Probably by Matti himself. Ziegler then strongest classic a couple seconds before Ryan+Gael and those 2 a couple seconds before the Bahrain team. Mikhail still behind.

The decisive alliance was built there. Ziegler happy to work with Ryan and Gael. Together they easily caught Jim in the downhill. Bahrain not happy to wait for Mikhail and then work together. Bahrain tried for the stage but couldn't close the gap. Wouldn't have worked with Mikhail either.

Then on the one flat km Ziegler with the attack against Jim. Kyosti and Maatis were still in front, so Schart recognized the danger. And also recognized that there's nothing he could do against it, except hope Bahrain keeps him in the race.

Soon after the new classic+Mountain group formed, Ziegler took the main workload on himself in front. Bahrain did try a last time to close the gap with Hincapie tempo but saw that there was no chance. Ryan used this opportunity to attack and get the solo-win.

Bahrain wasn't gracious with JJ and also attacked. Mikhail too far back to save him, so in the end Jim lost 50 seconds on Kyosti and even is now 5 behind. With 2 hard mountain stages yet to come, it's hard to see him win the tour but I'd be surprised if Schart or Furpach gave up already.

Maatis still in yellow. 39 seconds in front of Kyosti. Probably not enough but not far off either. Also Maatis immense strength is also recognized by the points classement where he's second behind Frei. He's also second in the mountain classement behind Pagie. We'll find out soon if he's able to win on grading.
J-Czucz hype train

Schartner Bombe

Post by Schartner Bombe » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:58 pm

Quick wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:45 pm
Rest day tomorrow. Weekend races behind us. No idea what happened on Saturday, maybe Schart can tell us. Urs still in the race though, which is worth a mention.

Today, myself not really online, not really offline. Thought about an early deal with Bahrain for p2 but with a restday tomorrow, power didn't matter anyway.

Bahrain and Imperdor in the escape. Early and hard chase by me, so group never had a chance.

Then a sieb on the last 7. Quick vs schartner started. Thought I wouldn't come back but also thought Tor would be in front and still fit to make tempo for Schart. Frei had to work a bit though, which maybe also led to Rejdar not going all out to try to defend against Irvine. Irvine put his 92 too good use and caught the Scharts.

Then chaos. Wango and 2 quicks attacked but only Wango strong. Irvine attacked but couldn't get away. Then Irvine tempo 1km to close the gap to Wango a bit but Rejdar attacked on that km and couldn't get away. Then finally Rejdar attacked and got away but at this point too weak to catch Wango. GW Fur!

What nobody realised was that there was no tempo in Peloton then. Well, Schartner realised! Nobody on Jim either. Nice 20 seconds - maybe the difference in the end?

Current GC standings: Jim ~10s ahead of Maatis and ~45s ahead of Kyosti. 3 hard stages left, all one after another Tuesday-Thursday. Maatis has to hold the 87 through one more training. Completely open race.
so the whole action through my team was to get this chance for an GC attack - it worked very late, not like we wanted, but it worked. but not enough time to push Kyösti out of the now clear favo role.

Schartner Bombe

Post by Schartner Bombe » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:21 pm

Quick wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:51 am
Maybe we'll never know what happened on Saturday?! Old news anyway now.

After the restday the last 3 hard stages kept calling. Actually only 2 hard stages as today was classified as hilly.

So with a fully fit group, I was wondering if someone tries something on the first of 3 hard days but nobody was trying at the start. After a couple KMs Urs and Cesare then decided to try their luck and go in an escape. Many riders hanging, especially from the GC teams, made the try worthless though, so Urs decided to weaken some hanging guys and attacked a couple times more. As result he did get the full sprint intermediate later on before he fell back to the peloton again.

Then nothing really happening until the middle hill. Agressive Furpach with a Chung sieb and a strong Oku to pull the remaining guys. No classic in front, so in hindsight I wonder how dangerous the sieb really was. Anyway, that is hindsight. The sieb made Schart do tempo with Sid and a strong looking Mikhail. Ziegler in the same group did nothing which turned out to be important later. In the group behind Schart was first riding alone with Kellehen but soon stopped and Bahrain took over for Samuelsson.

To me it looked like Schart would probably close the gap to Fur but Bahrain had a very low chance to get back. I think Fur had like 20 seconds to Schart and Schart another 40 to Bahrain at the end of the first downhill. Then I missed 3 km and when I was back Bahrain was in front again. So Fur let him come back and Schart wasn't trying against Bahrain(and my guys) either.

Last hill then, same same but different. Chung sieb?! Or Pollieux? Hard sieb. Then Pollieux+Kyosti double attack with Maatis following. Jim a bit lost because after the hard sieb Mikhail was even behind the Bahrain classics now. Bahrain then used Matti to pull his classics which did work until the last km 150 or 151. The really hard kms. Another sieb there. Probably by Matti himself. Ziegler then strongest classic a couple seconds before Ryan+Gael and those 2 a couple seconds before the Bahrain team. Mikhail still behind.

The decisive alliance was built there. Ziegler happy to work with Ryan and Gael. Together they easily caught Jim in the downhill. Bahrain not happy to wait for Mikhail and then work together. Bahrain tried for the stage but couldn't close the gap. Wouldn't have worked with Mikhail either.

Then on the one flat km Ziegler with the attack against Jim. Kyosti and Maatis were still in front, so Schart recognized the danger. And also recognized that there's nothing he could do against it, except hope Bahrain keeps him in the race.

Soon after the new classic+Mountain group formed, Ziegler took the main workload on himself in front. Bahrain did try a last time to close the gap with Hincapie tempo but saw that there was no chance. Ryan used this opportunity to attack and get the solo-win.

Bahrain wasn't gracious with JJ and also attacked. Mikhail too far back to save him, so in the end Jim lost 50 seconds on Kyosti and even is now 5 behind. With 2 hard mountain stages yet to come, it's hard to see him win the tour but I'd be surprised if Schart or Furpach gave up already.

Maatis still in yellow. 39 seconds in front of Kyosti. Probably not enough but not far off either. Also Maatis immense strength is also recognized by the points classement where he's second behind Frei. He's also second in the mountain classement behind Pagie. We'll find out soon if he's able to win on grading.
In addition to what you said, I would also highlight the excellent move by the Furpach's manager.
In my opinion it wasn't just about getting rid of JJ he also made the Joyteam work hard to weaken them, while slipstreaming Maatis just waiting for the bonus seconds at the finish. Think we will see Maati's GC attack against Kyösti the next two days.

Quick

Post by Quick » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:17 pm

Definitely an excellent move by Fur. Can now fully concentrate on Joy.

Don't think it killed any of Joys team though. The Urs attacks in the beginning probably hurt more. Ziegler and his other classic are probably fit or close enough at least.
J-Czucz hype train

Quick

Post by Quick » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:50 am

Quick wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:17 pm
Well, well, well. Still concentrated on JJ but we're getting there in a second.

Another hard day. Another chance to attack the GC for our 3 spearheads. SPICE GOT REAL in the end. Personally, I love it. It's (e-)sports after all and we're spending a lot of time here. But let's see how we got there.

Not much happening in the beginning. 4 mountains means minimal chances for a group anyway. Urs and Franco went anyway. Tbh only because I didn't want to work in grupetto with Imperdor. Honiggold following Urs meant attacks, attacks, attacks. Unlikely but if Cesare gets a chance to win the TT he'll try. Or is JJ the favo there anyway? Cesare has questionsmarks over his form... but that's not relevant now.

Bahrain, Fur and a weak Joy guy also joined the attack. Schart afraid of farmer tricks made tempo just to prepare a farmer himself. Never got enough time to do something like the 14h guys do everyday. Should watch more 9h actions.

Okay, first mountain. First sieb. As always, pretty strong. Ziegler then attacks to possibly prepare the farmer on the second mountain. Then the Fur-move. CHUNG AND OKU attack. Shouldn't be too crazy, right? Nah, GC leader Kyosti following Chung. BOLD. Maatis on Kyosti and together with Ziegler and Oku it was obvious that this would hurt JJ a lot. Poullieux also attacked a km later. Oku wasn't letting him(her?) back though. Not right now at least. This went on for a downhill and a mountain - so until the downhill before the last mountain.

Fur stopped there, Poulleiux joined, Kyosti rode a bit. Around 2 minutes ahead of JJ. The 4 flat km before the mountain, we saw Bahrain doing tempo in the back with JJ. Personally, I think race and GC was decided there already(if JJ doesn't pull something crazy out of his sleeve tomorrow), so don't understand the heat. Joy being against Bahrain. Schart against Fur. Me against everyone. Bahrain quiet. Fur half quiet. Good old racing imo.

Last mountain we had Maatis win his 13th stage or so. Don't know...basically every mountain stage. Kyosti 3rd. Pagie was also in front and defended red.

Still everything open for tomorrow. JJ now massive outsider though. Maatis also. Would have hoped for another earlier Maatis and Chung attack. Use the reg advantage! But always easier said if it's not your race to lose.

Urs still in the race. Will he finish the tour? Surely the real question everyone wants answered.
J-Czucz hype train

Schartner Bombe

Post by Schartner Bombe » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:33 am

Quick wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:50 am
Quick wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:17 pm
Well, well, well. Still concentrated on JJ but we're getting there in a second.

Another hard day. Another chance to attack the GC for our 3 spearheads. SPICE GOT REAL in the end. Personally, I love it. It's (e-)sports after all and we're spending a lot of time here. But let's see how we got there.

Not much happening in the beginning. 4 mountains means minimal chances for a group anyway. Urs and Franco went anyway. Tbh only because I didn't want to work in grupetto with Imperdor. Honiggold following Urs meant attacks, attacks, attacks. Unlikely but if Cesare gets a chance to win the TT he'll try. Or is JJ the favo there anyway? Cesare has questionsmarks over his form... but that's not relevant now.

Bahrain, Fur and a weak Joy guy also joined the attack. Schart afraid of farmer tricks made tempo just to prepare a farmer himself. Never got enough time to do something like the 14h guys do everyday. Should watch more 9h actions.

Okay, first mountain. First sieb. As always, pretty strong. Ziegler then attacks to possibly prepare the farmer on the second mountain. Then the Fur-move. CHUNG AND OKU attack. Shouldn't be too crazy, right? Nah, GC leader Kyosti following Chung. BOLD. Maatis on Kyosti and together with Ziegler and Oku it was obvious that this would hurt JJ a lot. Poullieux also attacked a km later. Oku wasn't letting him(her?) back though. Not right now at least. This went on for a downhill and a mountain - so until the downhill before the last mountain.

Fur stopped there, Poulleiux joined, Kyosti rode a bit. Around 2 minutes ahead of JJ. The 4 flat km before the mountain, we saw Bahrain doing tempo in the back with JJ. Personally, I think race and GC was decided there already(if JJ doesn't pull something crazy out of his sleeve tomorrow), so don't understand the heat. Joy being against Bahrain. Schart against Fur. Me against everyone. Bahrain quiet. Fur half quiet. Good old racing imo.

Last mountain we had Maatis win his 13th stage or so. Don't know...basically every mountain stage. Kyosti 3rd. Pagie was also in front and defended red.

Still everything open for tomorrow. JJ now massive outsider though. Maatis also. Would have hoped for another earlier Maatis and Chung attack. Use the reg advantage! But always easier said if it's not your race to lose.

Urs still in the race. Will he finish the tour? Surely the real question everyone wants answered.
In addition the things of the virtual GC. With his move GC move, Furpy did 12sec against Kyösti today. If we calculate the TT with their skills, Toafo has to do more than 1:25 till the end. if I am right. As quick told in the tour-radio today "it will be easy to defend for Kyösti". We will see what easy means. so it will get emotional again tomorrow ;-) In my opinion only this to guys can win the tour. 3rd JJ will get another package tomorrow. 4th Pagie we dont know if he has an 3min gaining trick in the pocket. 5th Lindström and 6th Chung will be even hard with a trick to get 5:00 min back.

Quick

Post by Quick » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:39 am

Last heavy stage of the tour.

Joy in yellow and Schart a bit too much behind meant, that we didn't have a controlled stage as Schart prefered. Joy happy to give everyone time. Schart pullers, Fur pullers, Quick classics, etc. Opportunities for everyone.

Originally again only planned to to some grupetto work from the front with Urs and Franco but Gael used the opportunity to follow Rejdar and Butch. Hoping Schart would try something for GC and Gael could get the stage. Samuelsson from Bahrain also joined, so that Gael had a classic companion. Fur had Camillo in the group iirc.

Joy gave around 6 minutes until chasing 2 additional Schart attacks and then let the gap go to 8 or 9 minutes.

First mountain came and Chung attacked, Pollieux following. Joy's best helper away. Room for opportunities? In the front we had a Bahrain rider pull the classics a bit more. Maybe more happened but I lost the overview. Crazy stage.

Second to last mountain Gael and Samuelsson made tempo in front. Looking like a clear victory. Gael too strong for Samuelsson who wasn't fully fit at the start.

In the peloton itself. Some siebs, some soft tempo, some harder tempo. Weirdly enough no GC attacks by either Jim or Maatis. Schart even made tempo with Sid and Mikhail when Joy only had Ziegler in the back. Jim then attacked together with Sid...but in the downhill. Joy probably sectricksed as he only got 1 sec away and was caught soon after.

I think there was the only real chance to attack Joy. Go at the mountain. Hope Kyosti hangs on Maatis and use Rejdar as puller for downhill and flat. Against Ziegler maybe Jim gets a minute or two. Will still be hard on the last mountain but last hard stage, have to try something?! But as that didn't happen and Maatis was riding conservatively too, really no danger at all for Kyosti. Pollieux fell back for the last mountain. Easyly controlling the finish.

In front Gael won 10 seconds before Chung. Close race after all.

Urs still survived! Crazy and good stage though. No idea who's fit for tomorrow or who isn't.
J-Czucz hype train

Schartner Bombe

Post by Schartner Bombe » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:21 pm

Quick wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:39 am
Last heavy stage of the tour.

Joy in yellow and Schart a bit too much behind meant, that we didn't have a controlled stage as Schart prefered. Joy happy to give everyone time. Schart pullers, Fur pullers, Quick classics, etc. Opportunities for everyone.

Originally again only planned to to some grupetto work from the front with Urs and Franco but Gael used the opportunity to follow Rejdar and Butch. Hoping Schart would try something for GC and Gael could get the stage. Samuelsson from Bahrain also joined, so that Gael had a classic companion. Fur had Camillo in the group iirc.

Joy gave around 6 minutes until chasing 2 additional Schart attacks and then let the gap go to 8 or 9 minutes.

First mountain came and Chung attacked, Pollieux following. Joy's best helper away. Room for opportunities? In the front we had a Bahrain rider pull the classics a bit more. Maybe more happened but I lost the overview. Crazy stage.

Second to last mountain Gael and Samuelsson made tempo in front. Looking like a clear victory. Gael too strong for Samuelsson who wasn't fully fit at the start.

In the peloton itself. Some siebs, some soft tempo, some harder tempo. Weirdly enough no GC attacks by either Jim or Maatis. Schart even made tempo with Sid and Mikhail when Joy only had Ziegler in the back. Jim then attacked together with Sid...but in the downhill. Joy probably sectricksed as he only got 1 sec away and was caught soon after.

I think there was the only real chance to attack Joy. Go at the mountain. Hope Kyosti hangs on Maatis and use Rejdar as puller for downhill and flat. Against Ziegler maybe Jim gets a minute or two. Will still be hard on the last mountain but last hard stage, have to try something?! But as that didn't happen and Maatis was riding conservatively too, really no danger at all for Kyosti. Pollieux fell back for the last mountain. Easyly controlling the finish.

In front Gael won 10 seconds before Chung. Close race after all.

Urs still survived! Crazy and good stage though. No idea who's fit for tomorrow or who isn't.
As an addition: In fan conversations after the stage we noticed that they expected something else from this stage. But it is not over yet. 3 stages left and I'm afraid there will be no mass sprint in the flat stages. GC-show must go on. See you on Tour-Radio tomorrow again.

Quick

Post by Quick » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:45 am

Puh. What a stage yet again.

Personally, not a fan of trying to decide a GT on a flat stage when all mountains are done but obviously, nobody should care what I like and what I dont.

So after a slow start with absolutely nothing happening, we got to a 4 - and as we know all fairplay rules are thrown out of the window there. JJ attacked and there it was: 8 Scharts in a group with 2 furpachs, 2 quicks, 2 Bahrains, 1 imperdor and 1 Joy. All GC riders in the group with no real km to get rid of anyone...so yea. Didn't like this group but nobody else except Joy really had problems with it.

Joy working in the back but quickly lost to around 1:40. As I still wanted the stage and didn't see a reliable way to win it in front(2 big problems - get siebed at a 6 behind Rejdar and never come back and also no real way to get rid of Olafsson) , Zamorano joined(first green which wasn't on purpose, then red) to keep them in distance with the intention to jump in front later.

From then pretty boring. Schart used everything he had. Joy used everything he had. Irvine, Ryan and co all attacked in the back a bit but with Bahrain on my wheel also not super happy and not willing to pull Ziegler who was also hanging.

Action at the last 4 in front. JJ attack. All mountain riders following - but got 10 seconds which he used for another attack. And a couple more where he couldn't get away. The planned seemed to attack him under reg for tomorrow. Could maybe work - but didn't because soon after Schart decided he's "done with the unfug" JJ and Rejdar attacked - and Maatis or Kyosti didn't follow anymore. Rejdar still strong as puller. Then Furpach with some tempo behind but ultimately gave up as well and allowed Ziegler to come back. 40 second gain by JJ - 1:30 behind tomorrow. Many ups and downs though, so Kyosti still my favo.

Back to the race - Scalleone, Frei and Olafsson the only flatriders on Rejdar. Scalleone then with the attack while Rejdar was waiting for JJ. 10s ahead and clean through. Frei won the sprint behind and so green is mathematically save now either!

Joys team probably won't recover until Sunday either... which could be another carnage stage.
J-Czucz hype train

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:52 pm

My thoughts could be read by anybody in the spectator chat. You missed one attack at the last +6 were I was sitting you. JJ with Kyösti following.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Quick

Post by Quick » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:19 pm

Thx for the tour guys. GW Imperdor to Red, Bahrain to white, Joy to yellow! GW to Fur and Schart for keeping the GC interesting and a great fight.

After the TT Joy had 30 seconds to Jim. If I could guess, Kyosti with something like 750-800 power at the start while Jim probably 850-900. So power and flat advantage, I thought Schart could try something.

Yesterday we had a bit of a discussion if attacking yellow on the last stage is okay or not. I think both had a point. It's not traditional but then again ,it's usually not that close with good chances to turn it around.

So Haudegen did sit me. I was able to watch most of the race though even with only checking all couple kms.

Saw an early attack by Rejdar on a 5 but couldn't fet away. Can only guess this was the try by schart. Similar to the day before the TT when schart attacked with 8 riders. Haven't seen this in my 15 years here btw. Absolutely crazy.

Joy learned of his mistakes though and controlled the race. Especially on the steep kms he kept control very well.

So not much happening then. Some small action before the 7. On the 7 then a sieb. Rejdar and Tor behind from Schart, probably still dead from the carnage of stage 19.

The quicks stayed calm and did nothing. Still expecting Jim and Schart to try something. Later Gael joined in controlling a bit. But started the stage with 800 or so, so not really fast. Bahrain then joined too and that was maybe the absolute end of Scharts GC aspirations. Once Bahrains 84 was in, it was basically over for Jim.

Kilkenny and Connelly attacked in the last 15 kms. Thorpe and Ryan on them, also an Imperdor. Schart worked while the others rested. Good decision from Haudegen. I probably would have helped there...or lost patience and directly gone after with Irvine.

Group was far from through. Only 3 seconds ahead, not gaining or losing anything.

Haudegen very cool, very calm, very collected. A fit Irvine and Frei in the back, so we still had our 2 biggest weapons ready. But really cool, just kept waiting for Butch. And waited and waited and finally Butch attacked.

From there I haven't seen the race. Not even sure who else joined - probably some Bahrains? Samuelsson definitely.

Anyway, even a terribly in form Irvine and Frei were strong enough to keep the peoloton in distance and win the sprint.

Thanks to Haudegen. A very special win for Frei in Paris. The biggest of his career so far.
J-Czucz hype train