TdF 2021 14h, the post Giro criterium in the afternoon

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

flockmastoR

Re: TdF 2021 14h, the post Giro criterium in the afternoon

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:08 pm

Stage 19:

Long flat stage after the hard mountain stages. Escape with 2 riders from T-Mobile-A, Romoc Riders and Alive And Dead each. Early chase by CircleCycle and Mosca, some help by Big Donkey. Looked not really good for a long time, the gap was growing very slowly but reached about 4:30 to the middle of the race. Sprinter teams managed the time very good and caught the group on the last km (Probably 1-2 sec missing). In the sprint Snel won again.

Standing after 19/21 stages
00:00:00 Tim Eiffel (Big Donkey)
00:02:00 Artur Nadlouho (celteam)
00:02:29 Michele Apicella (Big Donkey)

Days in Yellow
12 Tim Eiffel (Big Donkey)
4 Michelle Apicella (Big Donkey)
3 Franz Schwackhöfer (Alive And Dead)

Stage wins Riders
5 Boudewijn Snel (CircleCycle)
3 Tim Eiffel (Big Donkey)
3 Michelle Apicella (Big Donkey)
2 Bana Hassana (Team FL)
1 Franz Schwackhöfer (Alive And Dead)
1 Elias Wallinder (Mosca)
1 Robin Branderhorst (Romoc Riders)
1 Artur Nadlouho (celteam)
1 Jacob Wolfowitz (Alive And Dead)
1 Nordibek Sindarov (CircleCycle)

Stage wins Team
6 Big Donkey
6 CircleCycle
2 Team FL
2 Alive And Dead
1 Mosca
1 Romoc Riders
1 celteam
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:46 pm

Stage 20:

The most exciting part was the fight for white in todays TT. In the end only 3 seconds are between new white leader Boaz Trakhtenbrot and long time leader Francisco Sastre. Franz can win his second Tour stage and has now 8 World Tour wins. Eiffel could defend his yellow jersey and is leading with over 3mins before the Champs-Elysees stage.

Standing after 20/21 stages
00:03:25 Artur Nadlouho (celteam)
00:04:15 Michele Apicella (Big Donkey)

Days in Yellow
13 Tim Eiffel (Big Donkey)

Stage wins Riders
2 Bana Hassana (Team FL)
2 Franz Schwackhöfer (Alive And Dead)
1 Elias Wallinder (Mosca)

Stage wins Team
6 Big Donkey
6 CircleCycle
3 Alive And Dead
2 Team FL
1 Mosca
1 Romoc Riders
1 celteam
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:59 am

So today Messerli then?

His last GT stage after all.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:33 am

Final Standing
00:03:25 Artur Nadlouho (celteam)
00:04:15 Michele Apicella (Big Donkey)

Days in Yellow
13 Tim Eiffel (Big Donkey)

Stage wins Riders
2 Bana Hassana (Team FL)
2 Franz Schwackhöfer (Alive And Dead)
2 Elias Wallinder (Mosca)

Stage wins Team
6 Big Donkey
6 CircleCycle
3 Alive And Dead
2 Team FL
2 Mosca
1 Romoc Riders
1 celteam

Boudewijn Snel (CircleCycle) wins the sprint jersey, Nordibek Sindarov (CircleCycle) wins the Polka Dot Jersey, Boaz Trakhtenbrot wins the white jersey. Big Donkey best team
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:18 am

Thanks AAD for the nice statistics and all teams for the nice Tour. Unfortunately, I could not be online as much as I wanted to be, but then again, I hope my offline time didn't interfer with anybody's fun (except not being able to have me around, which is a huuuuge advantage for having fun of course, or the other way round? It's confusing...).

I am pretty happy about the outcome of the Tour for Team FL with Bana's two stage wins and a financial boost for the team itself, also because of Yuji's Top10-GC-placement, which speaks for itself... and for the lousy competition: Only 1 climber over 85 mountain, only 4 climbers with more than 80 mountain and Tim Eiffel not once in GC danger. But he is the deserved winner, if only because of his name.

The only thing that was a bit frustrating was the sprinting in the new version and the non-existing Team FL sprint train due to that or being offline. But the conclusion is: Participation was worth it, GW to all winners, see you next year and: Have fun, look cool 8-)
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:10 pm

Was a nice Tour from my side. 2 TT wins by Franz Schwackhöfer, 1 win out of a group with Wolfowitz, 1 nice last km catch with Akos in the group. And of course white for Boaz Trakhtenbrot just winning it in the final kms of the last TT. Unfortunately there was not much time to be online and actively fight for it. It was more riding after the siebs and due to the big difference in climbing skills, there was no moment to really try something from far for him. This is more or less the reason that he won it and I didn't throw away the last chances. :lol:
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:35 pm

Not much to say from me either, as announced. Eiffel won it, easy, nothing to do with my outstanding managerial skills, being online was enough. 6 stage wins, after the Giro with 0 I'll take it. But realized I become bossy when I'm the strongest like here. Only give others a chance for stage wins if they don't piss me off. Both CC and Celt did on the first Alpes stage, CC by having me ride for nothing, idiotic attacks that make me ride. So when Sindarov finally went, I chase. As I saw it all he had to do was waiting and try in the end. But no, wants me to work, pff. Then when I thought I might let Sindarov have it after all it was celt who went out of tempo when according to the boss he shouldn't have. So attack and stage win. Ha. That will teach them. Worked with Sindarov, last mountain stage he behaved, no stupid making Donkeys ride, so he got his chance. And took it.

Tignes then Celt could have had it, he rode for that stage, but he didn't even sprint. I did, decided not to 100% gift it to him by at least sprinting, good chances for him then, both sprint, both 55, probably he had more energy? Not sure, forgot. if I really wanted the win I could just have attacked in the flatish end... Didn't, and he doesn't sprint. Some people....

After winning the first 2 stages, seeing how weak the field was concerning mountain riders, I really only targeted the Ventoux stage, that one I wanted. And ok, one of the 2 Pyrenees stages ideally too. In the end got wins even when not planned, so 6 really enough. Reserves for the Vuelta if I ride it, then even with 0 wins I'd be at my goal of 2 stage win per GT, average, good enough. Well, really would have liked a Messerli win actually, but ok, no chance. Most interesting sprint the one without CC, he should always have done it like that, ride for sprint, don't sprint.

Only T Mobile no stage, hope he still had fun though. IMO a bit more risk at times good. Go with Hofbauer once on the middle mountain stages. Yes, Donkey paranoid and will chase him, but after Ventoux the advantage was sufficient to just control, he can get within 2 minutes, no problem. Just try it, better a stage than 7th. And even if it doesn't work with the stage and he falls down to 9th, in the end... not that tragic. Same in sprints, try the Skoglund-Krog or the Krog-Skoglund train at least once. Yes, Messerli was on Krog around half the time, the other half on Wallinder, but Krog steals the wheel and I end up there again... once even went on Snel directly I think (and was on Krog again...) . No Messerli, yes maybe CC then goes on you, but with others probably hanging there at times too... And even with Messerli, try early, with all the wins in mountain stages I get, if you go with Krog at 200 I'm not going to wait till 50 to win, I'll give you the fair chance and go at 100. If you go at 250 at 150 etc... Just a bit more risk, don't be afraid of the guys who might win from your wheel so much, try it. Like this was difficult to win a sprint, with Wallinder stronger, and then when he went to 93 even more. Of course Snel having green safe very early made it more difficult, if for example Wallinder was still in the race a Mobster train probably had better chances to be let alone by Snel...

Anyway, I won, will forget that it wasn't interesting or challenging soon, ask me about my TdF win in a month and I'll tell you how great Eiffel was and is, how fanastically he rode and all....
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

CircleCycle

Post by CircleCycle » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:58 pm

Got a win with Sindarov, very lucky that Big Donkey was that generous on this stage.
Snel dominating the sprints, no other trains tried even something. Then missed the last stage completely :D Hoped for a Krog win, but also Wallinder deserved another stagewin for all the work of his teammates during the tour.
Green jersey for Snel, polka-dots for Sindarov a bonus, but really the gpm point system for Le Tour just sucks. Branderhorst would have definitely been the more deserved winner of that jersey.

All in all, rather boring, lets see what Vuelta brings. Maybe just Ramesh-Lim-Eselson/Snel train? Sindarov wants to add a stagewin too. Ah, plenty of time to make decisions about that.
Gw to Eiffel and his manager, the gc win was never in doubt.