Pais Vasco - 15h

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

flockmastoR

Pais Vasco - 15h

Post by flockmastoR » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:10 pm

Here we go, race thread for the one and only 15h edition of Pais Vasco.

10 teams is ok, but without any tour in parallel and also no morning edition it is still few. We have guests from the morning (Rasmussen, Jäger, Berliner) and also some evening teams. Unfortunetely some afternoon teams are missing (T-Mobile, Gipfelstuermer)

Very interesting profile and also interesting starting list. For the GC we are looking for a good fight between Big Donkey and fantasticos. fantasticos with best and second best climber in the field and under 28" behind Eiffel after the ITT. fantasticos and Big Donkey with 2 classic riders (some advantages for fanta here). CircleCycle starts with Sindarov, Draupnisson and Cubas, he has clearly the best classics and good flat but lacks in reg for all of his leaders which could make it difficult to try an attack far from the goal. Ciccio starts with his leader Marco Caucchioli but his second climber Kohl has just 80 mountain and he lacks in classic riders. Rasmussen's leader Reutimann already missed many seconds for beeing off.

GC
***** Suero Skeljvik (fantasticos)
**** Tim Eiffel (Big Donkey)
** Marco Caucchiolo (Ciccio Sport), Nodirbek Sindarov (CircleCycle), Damian Harris (Team Seven Down)
* Mathias Reutimann (Rasmussen)

Sprint Classement
**** Tim Eiffel, Suero Skeljvik
** A climber

Mountain Classement
*** A climber who wants it, an escaper who wants it

Youth Rider Classement
***** Damian Harris (Team Seven Down)
Nothing to win here for Franz Schwackhöfer (Alive And Dead) and Alexandre Balmer (Rasmussen) with Damian beeing the clear leader in his team and hard stages in front of us.

Statistics for Pais Vasco:

Stage Wins by Riders:
1 - Franz Schwackhöfer (Alive And Dead)

Stage Wins by Teams:
1- Alive And Dead

Days in leader jersey:
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

CircleCycle

Re: Pais Vasco - 15h

Post by CircleCycle » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:42 pm

Racethread, good idea!

Sindarov-Cubas-Draupnisson-Savickas-Ouedraogo-Son-O'Riordan-Balam-Kiik

That is most likely not at all the GIRO lineup, even though it is still a quite cheap team (446.633) with the last minute replacement Balam instead of Frazer for a possible sprint at stage 5.
It will be Kuldar Kiik's farewell tour, but Sindarov insisted on #1 in the team :lol:
No big ambitions though gc wise, do some attacking here and there as usual, animate the race and hope for a stagewin.
Donkey vs fantasticos looks promising, both with very strong lineups, and after the TT I'd agree and say: Advantage Skeljvik!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:00 pm

Obviously for Eiffel the goal is the GC. But I hoped for a bigger advantage, only 28". In the end better than it looked for the first 11 km, I won 11" or 12" in the last 3 km... Thought I'd win more time in the downhill, more TT and more downhill, but only 1" there often.
Still, 28" looks critical, with 3 mountain arrivals.. .today a 6, then a very steep 3 km one tomorrow, and Eibar with it's slight downhill last km the last day. Even just the bonfications could kill me on these 3 days, 3 wins for Skeljvik, 4th place or worse for Eiffel. With Eiffel being climber no 6 on paper possible...

So the strategy is clear, a balancing act, avoid riding for stage wins, but don't let the group(s) get too far ahead. Try to lose as little in bonifications as possible.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:54 pm

Stage 2: Zalla - Sestao

Spree, Jäger-LeCulture, Berliner Bären RC, Rasmussen, CircleCycle and Team Seven Down very activ and forming a 9 rider escape that worked together nicely. fantasticos in the chase early. On top of the second last mountain classification (52km to the goal) Sindarov and ORiordan (CircleCycle) attacked with Reutimann (Rasmussen) following. They both used their riders of the front group as a relay to bring their climbers in a good position. At the foot of the last mountain (La Asturiana) the km1 escape was still 2:15 in front of the peloton, in between the Sindarov/Reutimann group had nearly a minute on the other favorites. On top the Sindarov/Reutimann group were leading 22" before the favorite group with fantasticos as only team with 3 riders left in tempo. The gap was soon gone and the group got to the last steep km together. In the final attack Skeljvik (fantasticos) was the strongest winning 2 seconds on Eiffel (Big Donkey) and also getting the bonus seconsd.

GC after 2/6 stages
00:00:00 Tim Eiffel (Big Donkey)
00:00:12 Carlo Sweeck (Berliner Bären RC)
00:00:22 Suero Skeljvik (fantasticos)

Stage Wins by Riders:
1 - Suero Skeljvik (fantasticos)

Stage Wins by Teams:
1- Alive And Dead
1 - fantasticos

Days in leader jersey:
1 - Tim Eiffel (Big Donkey)
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:18 pm

22" left... Hoped for the group to go through, looked possible, maybe not likely, fantasticos controlled from the start, but after a Sindarov attempt from far that hope was gone. Even brought STakhanov in tempo, in retrospect shouldn't have, but seemed sort of risky, so in. But didn't make a difference, fantasticos had the group under control anyway.
Last km 2" ahead of Eiffel, so 6" gained. Ok for me, normally while today bonifications were possible for Eiffel, still would have thought 3rd or 4th more likely than 2nd. But Reutimann and Sindarov (although he is not a danger in sprints :lol: :lol: ) weakened by an attack, Caucchioli who weirdly tried too later, and the 2nd fantasticos climber who rode some tempo all weakened, so second was pretty clear once we reached the final km.
So today a basically pretty good day all in all, just that it won't be enough I fear. Tomorrow normally in the last 3 km a fairly big time loss can be expected. Including bonifications enough to lose the leaders jersey already? Not sure, hope not, hope to keep it, but will be rather clearly under 10" already for sure, But can't really predict those 3 steep km all that well. We'll see.

I'm for a group for sure!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

fantasticos

Post by fantasticos » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:03 pm

Nice Thread, best thing this flockmastor did in years :D

TT was good for me, thought that Skeljvik will be around ~30s behind Eiffel, maybe bit more as 30. With 28s i can be really happy.

I think with stage 2 both of the GC Teams (donkey & me) can be happy. I´m happy because i got the stagewin and 6s and Donkey is happy too i think, could be worse, there was same change that he won´t get bonussecs at the finish. So Place 2 really good for Eiffel. I had to ride with Gajalo at the hill because had no idea how strong Sindarov and the other mountain guy in escape are...

Let´s see how much time Suero will get tomorrow, no idea how strong this eiffel guy will be :D

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:08 pm

13" lost, plus 6" bonifications... So ok, still 3" ahead.
Had no idea how much to expect here, then thought the other way, how much would I want to win if the roles were reserved, thought 15" sounds about right, so 13" I'm happy. Bonifications, 4" for Eiffel, good. Today during the race actually become pretty confident that I would get bonifications today, in retrospect not sure why.... hadn't really seen Harris' and Reutimann's sprint skills, but well, with 85 and 86 climbers there anyway seems optimistic in retrospect. But Caucchioli couldn't follow Eiffel, one less. Gajalo was pretty sure to get him actually, if anything he was stronger than suspected. But Harris-Reutimann with their sprint... happy to get 4", losing against Sindarov but beating Rasmussen and Harris.

All very close, like it is since the start, but the end result seems unavoidable. Will lose up to 10" in bonifications again on the last stage. (Even if there Skeljvik as it stands doesn't necessarily need the bonifications anymore) and 5-10" let's say 8" or 9" on the road. So second place for Eiffel seems the most likely outcome right now.

Hard stage for fantasticos 'team.. huge group, no help, all alone the whole stage basically (short help early by Bären to get into the escape). So tried to weaken him further for a short time, sieb, Stakhanov then rides, but well, made no sense, in the back it was Seven Down riding, not fantasticos, who has 6 riders in front still. So I ride with Stakhanov while he relaxes, didn't make much sense to continue with that action. Since it was really far from the goal too. Had fantasticos ridden, why not kill Stakhanov and then see, like this gave up very soon and was happily battling sleep and boredom (doing nothing all day basically....) until the last 3 km. Try the sieb and go later.. wasn't in the mood, doubt would have made more sense then really, but who knows.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:48 pm

Stage 3: Amurrio - Ermualde

Hard stage and a 13 men group was formed with anybody except for fantasticos, Big Donkey and Team Seven Down in the group. Group worked well but never got more than 4mins with fantasticos doing again a good job to get the bonification seconds in the end. Skeljvik attacks on the first steep km and gains 13" to the climbers group winning his second stage at Pais Vasco. The group members finish somewhere between the classic riders from the back.

GC after 3/6 stages
00:00:00 Tim Eiffel (Big Donkey)
00:00:03 Suero Skeljvik (fantasticos)
00:00:46 Damian Harris (Team Seven Down)

Stage Wins by Riders:
2 - Suero Skeljvik (fantasticos)

Stage Wins by Teams:
1- Alive And Dead
2 - fantasticos

Days in leader jersey:
2 - Tim Eiffel (Big Donkey)

Let's see if Eiffel can take back some time at a bigger group arrival with his sprint skill.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:26 pm

Stage 4: Vitoria-Gasteiz - Hondarribia

Big group again, with the usuall teams (CircleCycle, Team Seven Down, Jäger-LeCulture, Rasmussen) and also Big Donkey, Rsc Spree coming late and the group waited for his 2 riders. Group worked well and got 15 mins until the first steep kms and siebs coming from Big Donkey to distance fantasticos tired helpers. He than continued and the gap to the group was constant at 14min. About 80km to the goal a group with classics Baaba Faye (Big Donkey), Jarngrimur Draupnisson (CirclyCycle), Liam Robinson (Team Seven Down) and Jacob Wolfowitz (Alive And Dead) was formed and gained a lot of time as nobody reacted in the back. 44km to the finish line Remo Grass (Jäger-LeCultre) launched an attack only followed by an offliner and brought the win home in a wonderfull solo. The group behind was somehow undecided. CirclyCycle brought his guy back to help Draupnisson, TSD and AAD just sat there and getting place 3-4 while also beeing dropped on the last hill by Draupnisson. In the end Baaba Faye gets 6th and is leading the GC now, the climbers group lost 7mins to Faye and Draupnisson who both now look like the winners of the day.

GC after 4/6 stages
00:00:00 Baaba Faye (Big Donkey)
00:01:35 Jarngrimur Draupnisson (CircleCycle)
00:02:38 Liam Robinson (Team Seven Down)

Stage Wins by Riders:
1 - Remo Grass (Jäger-LeCulture)

Stage Wins by Teams:
2 - fantasticos
1- Alive And Dead
1 - Jäger-LeCulture

Days in leader jersey:
1 - Baaba Faye (Big Donkey)
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:40 pm

This was weird....

After riding absolutely perfectly, and a lot too of course for 2 days today fantasticos decided not to chase.... Even if I think it would have been rather easy to control both the first group with Ibak who got the virtual leadership for quite a while and then the Faye group. But somehow he decided not to today.

Of course great Donkey masterplan today.

Group goes, join with Stakhanov. Have fantasticos not liking that and chasing. Or if not fantasticos somebody else. Then at km 50 sieb the fantasticos helpers, take control of the race, ride. Catch the group, sieb in the last climb, Draupnisson or Cubas there as only classics, hang there, one attacks, Eiffel hangs, stage for CC, 6" bonifications plus 1" to 20" time. Perfect. Unfortunatly the plan was destroyed at km 1 already, CC with 2 in the escape, so clear he wasn't planning on his classics for late action. And fantasticos couldn't have cared less about Stakhanov in front. So change of tactic, which was, see what happens...

Group, control, was thinking about it for a short while, but thought I rather just do the sieb at km 50 or so and keep going with less fantasticos... After all CC with 2 in the group didn't seem convinced about the end...So siebed, rode, in the back fantasticos at first didn't react at all, then a bit green, then others joined,. 5 or so minutes behind the group Or less?? At some point I realized I could try the attack with Faye. Expecting fantasticos then to use one of his classics already before the first climb, sounded nice. He didn't react. At all. Came back together with others with the Gruppetto, then even went out again... Even there, going full in there, he can still control it all rather well, Not shut it down completely anymore, but with his team he can gain lots of time on the hellish last stage. But he just let go. Weird and don't really like it. After fighting perfectly and hard for 3 days (damn Skeljvik was way too strong in the TT) why sort of surrender here? The last "hard" day, tomorrow seemed easier, Saturday he can control and doesn't even need the bonifications anymore most likely.

So GC for the moment was Draupnisson vs Faye, Draupnisson attacking in the last climb probably wins it for him already, he didn't, thanks, not sure why either. 76-70 of course the last stage is good for him, but 1'35" is more to catch then what it would have been with the attack.
fantasticos is not completely out of it I think. If he decides to go all out on the last day 4'27" to Faye, 3'02" to Draupnisson. Ok, seems a lot... but worth trying anyway, if his team is fitter by then again.

Teams... Mine is not bad for some sort of defence. But it's very bad at the same time. Paris-Roubaix on Sunday. Moretti, Stakhanov are my 2 most important helpers for Lanz, Trewlove the next one. Teixeira, Swift are in the team too right now... but both would be more easily replaced, 72, can bring Espariat-Baas for them, Baas even better in pavé (but no flat in case I need to chase...) CC on paper has the weaker helpers here, nothing that my army shouldn't be able to cope with until Cubas rides for Draupnisson. And even there, Apicella dropping can minimize the loss. Same for fantasticos, his team is enourmous on top, 2 climbers 2 top classics, but the rest I should be able to cover well enough, so again, the danger seems the end. And of course a possible cooperation, first beat Faye, then fight it out between themselves. We'll see. First tomorrow...And thinking about Roubaix. Because even a 1% bigger chance to win Roubaix in the end just is more important than Pais Vasco.

Stage today very nice win by Grass, poor Ibak a bit left alone, probably with Draupnisson coming from the back CC destroyed the possible collaboration there a bit? Because if they all collaborate even just green, Grass most likely will be caught, but with only Ibak riding..... the advantage grew and grew, then waiting for Son, the CC helper even...

CircleCycle

Post by CircleCycle » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:47 pm

Stage 2: Tried the Sindarov attack out of Peloton, but the gap was not big enough to save the helpers in front. Sindarov managed to get the gpm at km140 and took the lead in the mountain points classement.

Stage 3: Big group, more or less red tempo during the whole stage, as fantasticos chased for the 2nd stagewin for Skeljvik. Huge effort, in the end easily caught the group and clinched the stage. Eiffel (and Sindarov) in the back with 13" and all the other climbers, when Eiffel in the hunt for boni launched an early sprint and secured p3. Sindarov with p2, adding another 10 points for mountainclassement and defending a narrow lead there.

Stage 4: After fantasticos rode so much the other days, I almost attacked with Cubas on km1 to see what happens. GC attack, probably joined by some other classic following Cubas? Why not?
But as this was a stage, where Big Donkey could possibly win time with Eiffel in the end or/and try some siebing and attacking, I decided for the Son/O'Riordan attack, with the expected escape group colleagues. O'Riordan wanted to make sure to be strong enough to stay with Remo Grass (Jäger), for which, in the end, he never really had a good chance.
Somehow I still hoped that O'Riordan could fight for the stage win, and did not believe in Draupnisson who followed the Donkey attack. Had 2 options then. Don't cooperate - btw, maybe it was possible to ride the first hill with Teixeira and keep Stakhanov in front too? Even Son riding was easily enough to be in front at km169? Then sieb/attack with a rather fitish J.D. and hope he doesn't get attacked earlier in the steeper downhill parts. Or riding the first hill, keep Son and O'Riordan in front, wait and see. So joined in green tempo, went out at the top and came back with Yes, alone at km164. The idea clearly, drop the others 1 by 1 which worked, except for Baaba. Wolfowitz gone at the 11, Robinson after 12 10 siebed too, but Baaba stayed. Could, maybe should have attacked at the 10, maybe even at the 4 two kms after that. O'Riordan meanwhile dropped back in order to pull. 2 issues with the attack. First reg! J.D. with 37 don't really wants to attack so much. Second, tried the sieb, didn't work, bad luck, try something the next 2 days and if is not enough, the "mistake", so to say, was the TT, where J.D. came unprepared (something like 850 after RVV) AND rode with 75% only.
How much time could I take today with attacking at the right moment? Probably close to 1'? Then Skeljvik much closer to Baaba and maybe more motivated? I don't know. Still I think trying the sieb is the choice I'd take in that situation.

Preview stage 5 & 6: Probably no km1 attack anymore, tomorrow actually motivated to try to ride for a sprint with Balam. Last chance for a stagewin, since last stage should be 0,00% chances in any case. GC? Don't care too much, and don't see where I can win the time needed. Attack today, sure, then huge favo. Decided against it, it is what it is.

The sacred red jersey: After the lucky outcome of the first stages Sindarov was motivated, now he most likely has to ride for J.D.'s GC chance. Not too happy about that, on the other hand, it is just a red jersey.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:36 pm

Stage 5: Hondarribia - Ondarroa

Boring stage after hard fight yesterday. Berlin Bären RC showed early that it will ride for sprint and did a lot of tempo very early. Team Seven Down attacked after 73km with Marin and Gibbons to get some bonification money. In the back Bären siebed the mountain weak sprinters of Rsc Spree and fantasticos and continued the tempo. On the second last hill a lot of weakened helpers were distanced and on the last hill the group was catched. 11km till the end Bären attaacked out of the tempo with DeSloover and Stockbroekx having Faye and Draupnisson in the wheel. In the back ORiordan was in tempo and limited the loss to 5 seconds. Trewlove (Big Donkey) chased to secure the GC, McCulloch (Alive And Dead) helped on the +3 and Perez (fantasticos) caught back the group. In the bunch sprint Alive And Dead had the strongest train after Berlin weakend his by attacking. Due to some unlucky hanging Balam and Clavadetcher lost many meters and so Max Simmer (Alive And Dead) could win from Franz Schwackhöfers wheel. Former leader Tim Eiffel (Big Donkey) could get second and won bonus seconds.

GC after 5/6 stages
00:01:35 Jarngrimur Draupnisson (CircleCycle)
00:02:38 Liam Robinson (Team Seven Down)

Stage Wins by Riders:
1 - Max Simmer (Alive And Dead)

Stage Wins by Teams:
2 - fantasticos
2- Alive And Dead
1 - Jäger-LeCulture

Days in leader jersey:
2 - Baaba Faye (Big Donkey)
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:20 pm

So that was the official post, now comes the PRAISE SIMMER post, wohooo, 4th victoriy, first since September 2020, heading to 5k pts.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:45 pm

Stage 6: Ondarroa - Arrate

Tempo from the start, attacks of Jäger-LeCulture, Rsc Spree and Ciccio Sport with his climbers for the mountain classifications. Ciccio made enough points with his climber to get it in the end. In the back CircleCycle places ORiodan in the group and started to sieb at the second steep mountain, dropping leader Baaba Faye (Big Donkey). It was than a fight between these two teams and the gap soon reached about 30" difference in the GC still agead: Baaba Faye. At the Krabelin fantasticos siebed the CCs and made effort to take the lost time back. He was about 2min back of Faye when reaching the last hill. He easily distanced Eiffel and got his 3rd race win. In the back Apicella dropped back to pull Baaba Faye to his fist tour win.

GC final
00:00:28 Jarngrimur Draupnisson (CircleCycle)
00:00:31 Suero Skeljvik (fantasticos)

Stage Wins by Riders:
3 - Suero Skeljvik (fantasticos)
1 - Max Simmer (Alive And Dead)

Stage Wins by Teams:
3 - fantasticos
2- Alive And Dead
1 - Jäger-LeCulture

Days in leader jersey:
3 - Baaba Faye (Big Donkey)
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Berliner Bären RC

Post by Berliner Bären RC » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:26 pm

Thx all for the tour and for those nice reports aswell too.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:09 am

Nice race reports and also statistics from AAD! Excellent! GW to Faye. Now makes sense that everybody wants to hire somebody out of the Faye family!

But still don't really understand how/why in 2/3 editions a classic could win. In the evening climbers dominated. Well, seems just a case of giving too much time to escapes with classics... but still weird on such a short mountainous stage race.

I will be back for afternoon races! Promised.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:38 am

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:09 am
Nice race reports and also statistics from AAD! Excellent! GW to Faye. Now makes sense that everybody wants to hire somebody out of the Faye family!

But still don't really understand how/why in 2/3 editions a classic could win. In the evening climbers dominated. Well, seems just a case of giving too much time to escapes with classics... but still weird on such a short mountainous stage race.

I will be back for afternoon races! Promised.
Hope so, because than I can let you do the statistics again, was just copying your race report scheme.

Was a nice little tour. For having no leader here it was still a success. Schwackhöfer could win his first stage and after having it for one day at Paris-Nimes he also wore the leader jersey at Pais Vasco for a day. Simmer could win a race too since half a year and is now really heading to reach 5.000 eternal points.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:11 pm

No idea what happened in other races... .I would if they would bother opening threads and writing! :idea: :!:

Here it was.... I don't know. I complained a lot about it in the chat already. fantasticos for reasons I can't really understand on the 4th stage decided not to chase anything. Hang on Eiffel and let the rest go. Understandeble that he was tired of riding alone for 2 full stages, but got 2 wins and was the 75%-25% favorite at this point. or 90-10 even... Eiffel 3" ahead? With Arrate coming? Nobody else really a danger? He can follow everywhere? All he needed to do was control a bit, not let anybody else into the race. First group went, he did nothing, which was ok, he still could do some tempo to keep the attackers close enough so he can get them the last stage. Then I sieb, he doesn't really attempt to come back, first somebody else rides, then he in green a bit too, but seemed more Gruppetto work than trying to come back. So his 4 stars isolated. I attack with Baaba, Draupnisson follows, he doesn't react. Nothing. HE later said he didn't see the attack, once he realized it we were already some minutes ahead and he already didn't care anymore...But even then he could rather easily have kept us at bay, the first of 2 hills was ridden incredibly slow and by another team even.... Just in with a classic and that's a huge difference.

So the answer is: Fantasticos didn't care. Why, I don't know... and would have preferred if he did. Yes, Faye wouldn't have won anything then, but doesn't matter either. The fun is trying, not necessarily succeeding. (And if somebody claims I'm wrong, no I'm not, by far most races of all players, so clearly it's this mindset that keeps the fun going).

Like this we had an interesting last stage though, a 3 way fight, with lots of luck by Eiffel even 4 (he got 1" bonification on Skeljvik every intermediate on that stage, but still 4 missing in the end.)

Last stage: Wasn't too worried about Draupnisson at the start anymore really, fantasticos not too much either, but far from sure of actually winning it. Long flat part in the middle I knew I could defend myself there. km 1 ORiordan goes, had forgottnen tp put my riders on CC. Well, Moretti and TEixeira really. Point was, if he goes and then siebs, I can chase with Coderch for 2 km and then with Moretti or TEixeira there have it under control. Which means most likely we wait for the rest to come back. Missed that, so no good. Advantage never too big, at the third? mountain, the last before the flat, the CC sieb. Doug in front strong, in the back I lose a bit more than I hoped finally, there started to worry. Next big one in front fantasticos siebs, then a 3 way fight. In front Otero for Skeljvik, then Cubas for Draupnisson, last Coderch for Faye. Very happy with Coderch there, lost much less than I thought, 23" advantage still at one point, thought would go to 10" or even less there (from 28" or so after the hill) Thought it would be Draupnisson here, Coderch gave back some hope, but still thought Draupnisson. Climbs... wass afraid that Sindarov would be able to pull up Draupnisson red without waiting, while Apicella who was going to drop back would have to go blue... Then Apicella dropped as planned (but almost missed it, not by seconds but only realized that had to do it now in that km, wanted to keep him helping Eiffel for green, wanted at least something at the end) not much happening there anymore, no action required really, just put the right guy in tempo at the right moment... Apicella kept it nicely vs Sindarov, flat was a concern, so had to add Baaba more than Draupnisson in front a bit, but kept it nicely. Last climb, still 2' on Seljvik, a bit less, but slightly. Wasn't sure how much I'd lose, in the end was around 1'20"? So 40" to spare, 30 including the bonifications. And Sindarov never managed to gp red without helping, that in not only the last hill (where in retrospect was clear he wouldn't be, Draupnisson using energy before that) but neither the ones before. So Faye! Cool.

Would have preferred Eiffel gaining 10" more in the TT, fantasticos fighting for it, me helping slightly more (I did help at one point when I falsely considered a move dangerous in stage 2) and Eiffel winning, this "let go" on stage 4 is a bit... blah. But I'll get over it! Short memory in those cases, in a year I'll be telling all of you how great Baaba was when he won this.

As an addition got even the points jersey... that was the main reason Eiffel even tried to get those bonifications, it was the points, didn't believe in the climbers coming back in. Lucky on the sprint stage, got second place there, so in the end he wins green without a stage win, but thanks to a good placement on a sprint stage.. hihi..wasn't necessary if I win the Tour, but since at that point wasn't that optimistic anymore (although by the second one probably it was clearish, at least CC saw it, he said looks like Faye now, I was so stuck in the thinking of 20 km before that I still considered Draupnisson the favorite, probably he wasn't, even if by some miracle Sindarov managed the red withotu waiting on the last climb it seemed good for Baaba in retrospect) and I usually almost never win that jersey.. .why not, try to get it.

Cool last stage. Bad fantasticos for not fighting on stage 4! Baaba :shock: