Humuhumunukunukuapuaa Tour 15h

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

Weezel

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa Tour 15h

Post by Weezel » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:14 pm

Let the show beginn!
T-Mobile-A will start with an attacking team without ambition for the GC, maybe for some Hill-Sprints with Celestino.
But we are looking forward to this great tour.

Our (possible) lineup:

#1 Davide Celestino (It) - Hillsprinter
#2 Constant Ockers (Bel) - Top 15 GC or Mountain Jersey
#3 Pablo Mercado (Bol) - Celestinos most important helper
#4 Nicola Scinto (It) - Our 6x/8x with downhill
#5 Leevi Tivalainen (Fin) - 63/84 with decent sprint
#6 Hermann Pernsteiner (Aut) - Our flat-boss with good downhill
#7 Toivo Tivalainen (Fin) - Helper & Groups
#8 Fabian Steininger (Aut) - Helper & Groups
#9 Philipp Hofbauer (Aut) - 21 years old, best reg in our team
#9b Valentin Götzinger (Aut) - Good attacker, but only 37 reg, so will most likely stay at home
#9c Our possible sprinter from the market, let's see

Who else is in?
I saw Gipfel and the Donkey in the inscription.
Manager von T-Mobile-A

Robyklebt

Re: Humuhumunukunukuapuaa Tour 15h

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:50 am

Big Donkey starting.

Eiffel-Messerli the leaders which is probably overdoing it... But why not.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

flockmastoR

Make the Afternoon Great Again

Post by flockmastoR » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:12 am

Schrödinger's Dogs are also starting in the afternoon, we have a bite for every fan. Alexandros is there for some money sprinting. The Bajramovic brothers are also there. And of course Magic Max aka Max Power. We have no goals.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:48 pm

8 teams finally

So ok, 16 would be better, but 8 is ok.

Interesting:

Phoenix: Schiwkow 86 mountain, Hershko 89 sprint, a 74 guy too.
Donkey, Apicella 85, Eiffel 83, Messerli 89 sprint

That means... 2 teams with the strongest climbers and sprinters.... those 2 will most likely be sharing quite a bit of tempo in the peloton.

GC at first sight is a fight between Eiffel/Apicella/Schiwkow. With the 2 Donkeys most likely ahead after tomorrow, the question is by how much. And then the 2 first hard mountain stages, one problem for Schiwkow is that an early attack risks leaving him under reg too, 51 vs 45/46 for the Donkeys...Plus an early attack vs 2 climbers really not all that promising anyway on the first day. Gain seconds in the end is the most likely outcome. And with less downhill not even sure Schiwkov will get that. Second mountain arrival harder, there he should gain more time. But at first site, to me looks like a Donkey sould be in the leaders jersey at that point.

Except.... yes, the climbs will be done slowly. And that will minimize the time loss by classics on the first mountain day. Wouldn't be very surprising if Brandt, McCulloch would be there with the leaders for the Mauna Kea loops. Should lose some more the next day... but here we come to the third team for the GC, Gipfel, who with 80+79 climbers is an outsider, but if he can use Brandt for an attack from further out to carry one of the climbers can be dangerous. Or if he does the opposite, and let's them, or one of them at first, ride for Brandt. Strongest classic, clearly. He won't lose much time on the climb in the last week either, not with 79/80 guys helping him up. And the rest of the stages are more for him than for the climbers.

So, due to the lack of climbers, Brandt becomes a really dangerous guy. As well after stage 4 between the climbers... if Schiwkow is ahead, Donkey has little reason to help Phoenix control. Same the opposite way, if the Donkey is ahead rather clearly. Which would mean that the one ahead would be left alone rather often possibly. Ideal for Brandt again. Of course he would need to gain time somewhere, should lose in the TTT tomorrow as well. And if Gipfel rides for Boulanger, hill sprints

But we'll see, not at all convinced that the guy in front after stage 4 will be the final winner, will be open to attacks from different quarters and potentially has to ride a lot alone. At least Bachchan is not a danger!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:38 pm

Day one, the expected result in the prologue, Siegemund

The cycling stage (as opposed to swimming) easy control by Girl Power for yellow, started a bit early, used a bit much IMO, less would have been ok... then Phoenix and Donkey joined, and we controlled easily till the end finally. Despite not having the best flat rider, fit Swift/Trewlove/Brotcorne/Annemans and possibly Sarde had no problem controlling. The 87 didn't try helped, but a late attack was almost impossible I think.

Sprint, 3 trains, Phoenix with the slow 4 man train. But ok, why not, he can't use his 74 too soon, otherwise if I go early from behind him (and in this constellation I really have to take his wheel, no other way, if I'm somewhere else he can go earlier, and the ones I'm on have no reason to go fast) he risks not being able to catch me. So understandable, just risking that the 2 others get too far ahead. Or change to no 2 earlier, think he did at 400, probably 450 safer? But well, he won, so did it right.
Jäger then went early, 250, AAD not, even if he seemed more likely, he had his own teammate behind the topsprinter. Only went at 200, too late. But Phoenix had covered that likely 250 sprint and went to the end of that train. Then at 150 meters Messerli (not the Donkey, MESSERLI) made a big mistake. Decided to go, thought that Eitan probably wouldn't, and was afraid that going at 100 would be too late, so went myself (if Eitan had gone at 150 and I waited I would have gone at 100, +1, so I'm a bit stronger than 87 vs his 89, so if I wait till 50 I win for sure, so let's take the risk). But didn't pay attention, there was the slow former Jäger train man in front of Trzetrzelewska, so it was obvious he was going to go right too. And so Messerli of course went straight.. .straight into the Jäger, Salzgeber. Stupid mistake, was clear this was going to happen. Messerli tried to get back Hershko's wheel, but was beaten by Kerber, 84 sprint, so still blocked... Finally in the end Hershko just beat Tivalainen (63, T-Mobile-A) who had come out of Tscholl's (75, Jäger)wheel. Tscholl third, Kapusta Gipfel, the GC man with 58 sprint 4th. then Kerber, Messerli Karatzoglou(78, AAD)

So not a good sprint by the Donkey clearly.. at +1 and slow pace, Hershko has a bit more flat, so fast pace very slight advantage, not today, was a good chance to beat Hershko, failed.

Tomorrow, TTT, normally Jäger wins it rather easily.
Girl Power with the best individual time trialist, but should have no chance vs Jäger. But second place is possible, , although the Donkey and AAD in this order could challenge her for that.
GC wise the Donkey should be the winner, Phoenix 57-55-53-52, then under 50, Donkey 66-61-55-55-53-51, only 3 under 50. 45 Belhassen could be a problem, having him fit on day 3 could be important.. but we'll see. Gipfel with 63-54-52-51-50-50 should be somewhere between us, closer to Phoenix. The problem is, I have no idea how much the differences will be...

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:21 pm

Well Donkey is right. Alexandros needed to sprint 50m after Jäger's second guy launsched, it was the moment Phoenix changed wheel to my train. Possibility to win in this constellation was there. Not that I would have won it, but chances where there. Just look at where T-Mobile 6x guy finished.

TTT will be interessting. Missing 2 51-55 guys, and forgot everything about riding TTTs. Hope I finish top 3, should be possible but don't expect it!
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Weezel

Post by Weezel » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:29 pm

Very happy with Tivalainen (63 sprint) finishes second, a win would have been too crazy I think - but the gap was not that big.
Tomorrow no expectations! Just don't wanna loose too much time and power...
Manager von T-Mobile-A

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:06 pm

Jäger first, much clearer than I thought. Ok, it was clear that he would win, but over a minute is still unexpected.
Donkey second, dominating AAD in third, same time, but class wins! 1'10" behind the dominator

Actually probably should have given up second place and 5" or so... and keep Habib in the group. So had him lose energy following hanging on, sometimes in tempo, sometimes no tempo, then finally took him out to go faster, changed slow guys to lower riding too, Habib dropped the next km. And forgot to take 100% out the next km. Bah...
Really really regret not bringing Totakhyl for him right now... with Totakhyl I'm probably a bit faster AND he would be fitter than HAbib is now. Rest of the team ok. This really limits me for tomorrow now... but ok, let's see.

4th Girl Power, fast start, senselessly fast, was clear soon that she would get caught and dropped by others.
5th Gipfel, 1'45", so loses 35" to the Donkey.

A further 7" back, Phoenix, so 42" lost to me, good, like it, 1" per km finally, good enough for me. Not sure how he rode exactly though.
So in GC Schiwkow now back 58" to Eiffel

Eiffel
Apicella 14"
McCulloch 14"
Kapusta 35"
DeWitt 44"
Brandt 51"
Schiwkow 58"

That's the guys I can somehow imagine fighting for the win, some more likely some less clearly.
Donkey has luxury, but also the problem, of the choice, go for Eiffel, 14" more advantage than Apicella? Or go for Apicella who has 2 more mountain? 44" to defend in 3 real mountain stages... less sprint. Hm. We'll see.
McCulloch and the Gipfel are in waiting mode I suppose, they will try to see how they survive tomorrow and Thursday, then assess the situation.
Schiwkow on the other hand needs to start gaining time back fast. But, 58" or 44" seconds it's not ALL that either. 3 stage wins with 10" advantage is already 42" if you include the bonifications, so he's still in there. I of course hope to minimize the loss in the next 2 days. Ideally without having to decide who's the leader, but doubt he'll let me do that...

Weezel

Post by Weezel » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:23 pm

As expected not in the top-field of the TTT, but last place hurts a little bit.
Now we have to find our role in this tour - only be here as "canoon fodder" makes us not happy.
But we clearly will improve, actually best rider on place 48...

I don't see riders like McCulloch or Brandt with any chances for the gc, next two stages are very good for climbers.
Manager von T-Mobile-A

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:03 pm

Brandt and McCulloch have chances...small ones of course at this point, but they can't be discounted yet. Normally it's boring Phoenix vs Donkey (boring refers to the fight, not to Phoenix), but that fight might result in slow paces on mountains... and that would bring the classics, much more Brandt than McCulloch into the discussion. I see them as having more chances than the Confidential guy for sure for example. If we had more climbers, 85+ I mean, those 2 IMO would have no chances, agree, but like this... hm, can happen. Wildauer of course would have won easily.

But let's wait and see what happens.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:39 pm

After 2 days on app, finally time to write someting here and to be fully online - in time for the mountain stages.

Our team:

11 Image Willem DE WIT (80-57-80-52-57 / 23-yo)
12 Image Kristian KAPUSTA (79-61-70-63-58 / 24-yo)
13 Image Bartholomäus BRANDT (74-78-75-50-58 / 28-yo)
14 Image Bastien BOULANGER (68-66-71-50-77 / 31-yo)
15 Image Joost ZEVENBERGEN (66-78-79-48-53 / 25-yo)
16 Image Boas BERGSTEINSSON (57-80-63-46-52 / 37-yo)
17 Image Vojtech VARGA (53-70-54-51-51 / 23-yo)
18 Image Paul POUDRIER (50-68-50-54-44 / 21-yo)
19 Image Vic VANDENBROUCKE (47-87-53-46-65 / 31-yo)

As mentioned in the chat, looks like De Wit and Kapusta are only here to learn from Eiffel and Mendelez how to train. I mean, both skipped Dec 5th training again. DeWit first time under 100% training, immediately stops. Kapusta took 1 out of 4 trainings at 77%... immediately skips 50%, too... really annoying.

Anyway, goals for this race. Have fun in Hawaii! Looks like a very decent and exciting tour! Who designed that?

A stage win is mandatory, too. Not sure, on which stage, but should work somehow.

With 8 teams, might even make a small bit of money during this tour!

Favo Check:

***** Michele Apicella (Big Donkey)
**** Tim Eiffel (Big Donkey), Ljuben Schiwkow (Team-Phoenix)
*** Kristian Kapusta (Gipfelstuermer), Willem DeWit (Gipfelstuermer), Gorka Mendelez (Confidential Era)
** Bartholomäus Brandt (Gipfelstuermer)
* Warren McCulloch (Alive and Dead)

Apicella more mountain than Eiffel and a better TTT team than Schiwkow, so should be something for him, even if the Donkey could alternatively switch to Eiffel as leader. Both similar Reg, so that doesn't change much. With the 3 mountain top finishes, Apicella probably the leader. Mendelez a good guy, too, but already lost more time in TT and TTT than expected, so normally only ** or * left for him. Our trio of DeWit, Kapusta and Brandt looks interesting because of Brandt seemingly the strongest classic and all three have decent Reg.... but I am still working on a plan to do anything in GC. Have some kamikaze ideas, but kamikaze usually not the best idea...

The other classements... not that relevant for a December Tour with only 8 teams... but at least noteworthy favorite for green is Eitan Hershko (Team-Phoenix) followed by Fabian Messerli (Big Donkey). Again those two teams... mh, might become a nice tour for them... but best 2 climbers and best 2 sprinters from the same 2 teams.... could also open up opportunities for escapes/attacks.

Youth classement similar to GC as Apicella qualifies. Eiffel and Schiwkow don't qualify. So I could hope Eiffel captain and DeWit or Kapusta with a chance for white... but actually another reason to have Apicella captain. Could be GC and white for the Donkey.

Statistics:

Stage wins:
1 - Andrea Siegemund (Girl Power)
1 - Eitan Hershko (Team-Phoenix)
1 - Jäger-LeCultre

Stage wins by teams:
1 - Girl Power
1 - Team-Phoenix
1 - Jäger-LeCultre

Stages in leader jersey:
1 - Theodor Tomaselli (Jäger-LeCultre)

Stages in leader jersey by teams:
1 - Girl Power
1 - Jäger-LeCultre
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Bear

Post by Bear » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:00 pm

I like the posts of Gipfel with stats... Next time late evening again please!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:08 pm

OH, Apicella can go for white? Damn, maybe have to switch.

Yes, Apicella somehow is the more logical reason, doesn't matter if he can get white or not, didn't really know he can until I read it. Simply because he can hope to lose much less time to Schiwkow than Eiffel.

But, we are a generally traditional, not to speak of stubborn, team. The older climber is the leader, unless the younger then trains much better, happened only once, with the Matsuyamas, didn't like them anyway. Character issues. And Eiffel got the no 1 jersey, so somehow it has to be him. Even if... yeah, those 14" he had before today, maybe better to go for Apicella...

Anyway, today, normally expected little to happen. Fit team except Habib (others at 970 or maybe even a guy at 950, but the important ones, Apicella, Eiffel, Faye, Coderch all at 100. Belhassen not. So that means we probably have to ride a bit more offensively than we wanted.. with a fit Belhassen we'd been happy to go slower. Like this, no..
Only 2 early escapers, never a danger. Gipfel tried twice, but Swift chased as soon as he saw it, didn't want Gipfel to have a chance to make my loading difficult. Plus he is the third guy in GC....
Mauna Kea, Andrescu goes early, Belhassen then starts chasing, Coderch dropped, so either Apicella helps Eiffel or Schiwkow has a helper advantage.. so went with Apicella next, a bit blue, a bit waiting again, etc etc. Then the circuits on top, with all the other groups it was not really well organized, we actually think Schiwkow got help from the Gruppetto, that he just caught in the last downhill for the 4th time, or 5th, who counts... Anyway, race, cover the hills, wait for Gipfel to attack with DeWit, who we were following with Apicella, but otherwise cover the hills green, sometimes the 6 blue or even red... out in downhill. Nothing happened, then Eiffel goes, Schiwkow follows, together, last lap Schiwkow attacks, 4 seconds over the top, saves 1" to the goal in the downhill. And look at that Gruppetto again... Jury, please!

Stage of course is a regret, with the downhill was the best chance I think. Possibly lost it myself with a helping idiocy, after the first downhill forgot to put the helpers back in for Eiffel and Apicella, so they had 967 and 968 while Faye had 983 when I realized it somewhere early in the next climb... but ok, generally of course satisfied with today, 5" lost, all fine.

Race very blocked by me of course, but also by tomorrow, by Phoenix having only Schiwkow with not so much downhill so couldn't really try early, by Gipfel not wanting to commit to one rider either.. so it was all rather slow. 5" lost to Schiwkow (JURY!!!), gained on everybody else, Apicella not leader today, maybe tomorrow?

Eiffel
Apicella 32"
Schiwkow 53"
DeWit 58"
Kapusta 1'33"
Brandt + Andrescu 1'49"

Apicella now only 21" advantage to Schiwkow, hm, maybe that is too little. But we'll see.
Brandt at 1'49", so while he's in, he's more out than I thought he could be the way it was ridden (I thought maybe Gipfel just gives him either Kapusta or DeWit as helper, brings him up without too much fighting, (But actually riding himself in the climb might be better for the energy anyway, at +13 or so even

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:13 pm

Ah, worst case scenario!

Downhill worked well, not up to 1000 energy for my leaders, but recovered reasonably well. Probably aound 50 less fit than Schiwkow, but well, that' the way it is.

Group goes, for me no problem if it goes through really.

Safety tempo with Swift on the first climb of Mauna Loa, then just as he wanted to go red, sieb by Boulanger, followed by an attack by Brandt and Zevenbergen. But after the sieb a Jäger was chasing, despite having his leader Loacker with the Gipfels, he stayed in after coming back to the peloton. Probably just reacted too slowly, Once I saw it I thought, ok then, let's catch them. Belhassen. Then thinking, stay in or let the group behind back.... ok, let back, Gipfel goes again, a few km later with DeWit and Kapusta. And there then I have to chase.
That group was dangerous, IMO if he rides fully for DeWit, forget Brandt, don't try to bring him over the Mauna Kea.... I don't think I catch him. Not because it's impossible, probably riding all full with Apicella is good enough to catch him, but then I have Eiffel fighting a bit, since he had less energy too... so... either I get Phoenix help or they go through. What I surely wouldn't have done, is ride to the top and ride the downhill too. Because then I lose way too much in the final climb with Eiffel. Needed Apicella there.

THe way it went, Gipfel wants to keep Brandt, so goes blue with Kapusta, Donkey with Apicella. Sometimes red to catch him earlier. Steep as it is, Apicella isn't even losing much more than Eiffel... he had more energy until he followed one attack more later in the stage. But caught, group ahead almost caught too (ok 2'm 3?) Sometimes DeWit tried, but had Eiffel on his tail, (If Kapusta tried, it could have worked, nobody following yet) Changed to Kapusta with Apicella later, probably a mistake. Couldn't work, in the back the Phoenix classic was too close, and even if he was a minute further back. 85 vs 79 was always going to be difficult. So caught, then Faye was let back, out of tempo... then Gipfel tries again, here I chase again, had nothing to lose anyway, that attack didn't hurt with Faye doing the work. Except that.. .yes, was just at the right time for Schiwkow to win the stage and keep the escape between him and our stars. Argh. Final climb, thought I would have it quite under control, Apicella and Eiffel were reasonably fit, Apicella due to the followed attack less, that hurt a bit, but wasn't going to be a 7" per km festival, plus don't know Phoenix that well, but didn't think he would try the attack from far. Which with the low energy for everybody of course was the correct thing to do, attack from far, the malus for attacking, huge energy loss is smaller than with a fit attack. But he went correctly at 139. And there I thought ok, this is over... But held up better than I thought finally.. but well, not nearly well enough to keep yellow. Even without the bonification disaster, 10" for him 0 for me, he would have gotten it for 4". But at some point during the attack, especially when he won 5" on a 5 directly after the attack thought.. .damn, this is a disaster... (or maybe was 4"?) Anyway, Eiffel alone on the not so steep ones then went better...
But well, yellow gone, only 7" back but hard to catch with 3 less mountain. And not really all that many chances to gain time otherwise. Belhassen still a bit better than his best classic, but well... and where to I drop Schiwkow. Now the clear favorite, but that means much much easier days for me too, at least it didn't come down to the last GC day.

Now the goal is a stage win first clearly. Tomorrow with Messerli. But think the group has super chances tomorrow, with 89 sprint, a tendency to minimize Messerli's chances while putting his own at risk in the first sprint and 0 tempo today, even in one situation where IMO he should have..... not sure how much we will actually ride (Nicanor doing the whole Gruppetto work alone at the end makes me ride more again, so we'll see)

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:37 pm

Two hard mountain stages, no fucking chance for the Gip team. So who designed this stupid race? :D

Yesterday unsuccessful with sitting and waiting for the Donkey vs. Phoenix fight. Today unsuccessful with attacking and attacking. So what happened? I saw the morning race, where celteam executed a nice attack on the Mauna Loa. Tried similar, but Donkey didn't let me go at all. A Zevenbergen/Brandt attack (not the very best execution by me, OK) was caught be Donkey's Belhassen within a few km. Then, another Zevenbergen/Brandt attack was let go for 1km and joined by a DeWit/Kapusta attack. Well, Donkey didn't really let them go, only like 1 minute advantage and then caught on the Mauna Kea. I kept attacking, because what else can you do if you are behind in the GC and have weaker riders than the others?

Every attack was immediately answered by Big Donkey tempo. Perhaps here or there I can have a better execution of the attack, win a few seconds here or there, but not always easy... One of the many attacks was followed by Apicella only, but Phoenix had his helper back, so no chance in that situation.

Donkey says, if I do smarter attacks, he won't chase that hard... emotionally I can understand that. Somebody attacks, you think it could become dangerous, ride hard. But after all, not the most logical thing to do. Why? This stage tells us why. It is dangerous as you risk losing your real opponents out of sight. Donkey never gave my attacks much more than 1' while DeWit was already 1' behind in GC, is the weaker climber and a mountain top finish was coming... and when Phoenix attacked with Schiwkow (no need to mention, strongest climber in peloton), Donkey had not much left to answer anymore. Apicella had been riding quite a bit until then, so Eiffel had to ride... but he lost second after second on the last climb up to Mauna Loa again.

Worst thing maybe that the escape got caught on last km, too... feeling sorry for them.

So Phoenix dominates in Hawaii! 3 out of 5 stages so far and yellow! Best climber and best sprinter in the field, he just let Donkey work every day so far, very well done. But as mentioned, I can understand the Donkey. I have ridden multiple races overestimating my own chances, riding in peloton, losing... can happen.

So all these attacks, all answered by Big Donkey, really didn't work at all (remember, yesterday he also chased me immediately after I attacked). But I had nothing to lose anyway. DeWit still 4th place behind the three stronger climbers. Didn't change through my attacks. Youth classement, no change either, Apicella the favorite stays in front of DeWit/Kapusta. Points classification, Kapusta and Boulanger with tiny chances, but will go to Phoenix most likely (Schiwkow or Hershko). Team classement I actually lead now, but who really cares about that?

For the GC fight, I think Donkey overestimated me and underestimated Phoenix a lot. That's why the strongest climber is now 7'' ahead of Eiffel, but DeWit 1'31'' behind Eiffel. On the other hand, 7'' isn't that much, so Donkey could argue he did everything right keeping Gip team out of the GC fight. Eiffel can win a sprint somewhere perhaps, or get into a nice classics' attack. But then Haleakala on stage 12... Schiwkow might win time again.... let's see!

Hopefully we can win a stage some day... would be at least one small success during our own tour.

Statistics:

Stage wins:
2 - Ljuben Schiwkow (Team-Phoenix)
1 - Jäger-LeCultre

Stage wins by teams:
3 - Team-Phoenix
1 - Girl Power
1 - Jäger-LeCultre

Stages in leader jersey:
2 - Tim Eiffel (Big Donkey)
1 - Ljuben Schiwkow (Team-Phoenix)

2 - Big Donkey
1 - Girl Power
1 - Jäger-LeCultre
1 - Team-Phoenix
GIP MASTERPLAN

Weezel

Post by Weezel » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:50 pm

I liked the attack and the effort from our three teams Alive And Death, Girlpower and T-Mobile-A.
Despite three km AAD went out to have more chances, we did everything right. The attacks from Gipfel and the hard tempo from Donkey made it hard for us - a last km catch after a 150 km-attack is always hard, but what shall we do.

The plan was also to get the red jersey, but AAD is now three points ahaed. Let's see, if Scinto can try something after the restday, but Loeve with 52 reg against 43. Will be tough.

Our goal stays at one stagewin. Our attacks won't end until the restday.
Manager von T-Mobile-A

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:53 pm

Weezel wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:50 pm
I liked the attack and the effort from our three teams Alive And Death, Girlpower and T-Mobile-A.
Despite three km AAD went out to have more chances, we did everything right. The attacks from Gipfel and the hard tempo from Donkey made it hard for us - a last km catch after a 150 km-attack is always hard, but what shall we do.

The plan was also to get the red jersey, but AAD is now three points ahaed. Let's see, if Scinto can try something after the restday, but Loeve with 52 reg against 43. Will be tough.

Our goal stays at one stagewin. Our attacks won't end until the restday.
Was a nice group, true. After losing each roll over the hill Loeve gets red. Better get through in the end and win the race but ok. Loeve was at 1000 in the beginning of the stage and has good form too, but Girls rider has better reg and Scinto could also be fit. (didn't know if he rode the day before or not). In the end it was a failure to rest those kms but there were enough races I ended up 2nd with the stronges mountain guy just attacking on the last km. Riding those 3 km wouldn't safe the stage anyways for us.

Warren now 9th, just wanted to keep him somehow at a time distance, profit from a GC attack somewhere in the next week or a bigger classics attack. You cannot blame me for bringing him back in front. Phoenix refusing to ride with Ewodo there but what should I do? Just sit and watch you guys stopping tempo in the chasing groups like it happened yesterday?

Red is not really a goal at the moment, but if it becomes one I go for it, at the moment the goal is to win a stage!
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:47 pm

Cool, discussion in a race thread!!!!
Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:37 pm
Donkey says, if I do smarter attacks, he won't chase that hard... emotionally I can understand that. Somebody attacks, you think it could become dangerous, ride hard. But after all, not the most logical thing to do. Why? This stage tells us why. It is dangerous as you risk losing your real opponents out of sight. Donkey never gave my attacks much more than 1' while DeWit was already 1' behind in GC, is the weaker climber and a mountain top finish was coming... and when Phoenix attacked with Schiwkow (no need to mention, strongest climber in peloton), Donkey had not much left to answer anymore. Apicella had been riding quite a bit until then, so Eiffel had to ride... but he lost second after second on the last climb up to Mauna Loa again.
Nononononono!

Not smarter attacks, they were smart. You came this close to winning the Tour twice. The first time with the first attack. There the "sieb-tempo from behind-not out when back" killed you. My first instinct was to ride with Swift, only when I saw that Jäger was chasing, obviously without wanting too, I changed to Belhassen/Faye to get you. Without that you would possibly have won the tour already. I continue with Swift, 2-3 minutes, you go with your climbers, then I change to Belhassen... You have more than the minute you had on top. And you actually didn't need much more. Bad luck with Jäger there.

That's why I disagree with "lose sight of the real opponent" too. I didn't, you were a real opponent. The second attack wasn't far from succeeding either. Maybe here I overestimate Kapusta, but if you go all in for the 2 climbers before Mauna Kea... Meaning use Brandt trying to increase the advantage beforehand, in the lower slopes... instead of under a minute, as it then was when it started, 40" or so only left, it would be 1'20" plus. Not 2', sure, but over 1'30" possible. Then red Mauna Kea, I don't know if Apicella can make that up. The 40" and you going blue was no problem finally, even blue vs blue would have caught you... but red vs red with more advantage?
And if you crest the Mauna Kea in front, it's over. You have the win. I can't continue riding, then it's just giving it to Phoenix if I continue in the downhill. You might claim that it was anyway, ok, facts say in the end yes.... 7", grrr, But letting you go would have meant giving up at the first sign of trouble, it was not a foregone conclusion that I would lose the jersey in the final climb. Fight the first problems, fight the next ones later. And don't think the red blue tempo by Apicella cost that much. Tempo up when it's that steep somehow isn't that expensive anymore, it's like pavé, the guys that follow lose much energy as well, so 10km red at Mauna Kea would be much less than 10 km red in the flat. Of course not free either.
Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:37 pm
So Phoenix dominates in Hawaii! 3 out of 5 stages so far and yellow! Best climber and best sprinter in the field, he just let Donkey work every day so far, very well done. But as mentioned, I can understand the Donkey. I have ridden multiple races overestimating my own chances, riding in peloton, losing... can happen.
Yeah, we need to break that dominance. But he let me work everyday is wrong too. We worked together for the sprint, I didn't ride more that day. And on the Mauna Kea stage... don't really remember actually, but he worked too, when you attacked he was the first to chase there. I did more that day? My choice, but don't really remember anyway, in the climb itself with 2 climbers logic I'm the one who can control....
Yesterday no, he didn't work. And he was mostly right about it, IMO in one situation wrong, well 1,5... the first one is before the Mauna Kea... while it seemed you would go for bringing Brandt over, so the danger was manageable, it wasn't sure. And he should have put somebody in red too help chase there, it wouldn't have hurt him in the least. And the help energy wise for my team leaders wasn't there either, so we just both profit time wise. Ok, less work for Apicella you can claim... ok ok, maybe that's the 7". But there his main danger wasn't Eiffel or Apicella either, it was De Wit. Second one he should really have worked with his classic in the Mauna Kea. With Faye, or dropping him, doesn't matter, but there he needed a safety option behind, he didn't have it. It finally worked out well for him, but if I do my following differently it's stage for DeWit, leader (tell us the colors!!!) for Apicella. What do we learn? Mintact earlier gives Gipfel wins (possibly :lol: )

So, no no, you're attacks were good. A bit unlucky at first, possibly a bit too timid on the second try (climber vs classic in Mauna Kea, that's 4'?, we never see you again, not even on Mauna Kea, it's a different geological age when we finally arrive, so Apicella was needed there). And while my riding for sure wasn't a masterpiece, it wasn't the ultimate failure either. Difficult attack, do I lose vs you (or give up at the first sign of trouble) or do I fight till the end and possibly lose then? Did the second, could have handled things better (starting with going for Apicella, admit that at this point)

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:03 pm

Wohoo! We have our stage win in our own tour! Long live Humuhumunukunukuapuaa! Unexpected but better expect the Unexpected. Our 37-year old infamous Boas Bergsteinsson did it. Really nice for him as it is his 6th win in 314 races. Impressive for a pure helper like him!

Thanks to Jäger for the nice 3 rider 242km escape! Really special win for me. Sometimes these small wins are pretty cool in RSF.

But also apologies! 2x apologies! First apology for being quiet when on app. I am much more active on chat when I am playing from a normal Laptop/PC. Second apology for attacks in peloton while arriving with escape. Bad style, Donkey is right. For my defence, there was a small chance to create a gap im GC, so not totally useless. Also for my defense, my riders weren't even fit and it was more of a testing/playing around than actually thinking a late attack could work. Vic attack actually worked with 1 second, but I stopped immediately.

By the way, I rode two years long only for hill sprints. Trust me, I know what annoying money attacks are. This was never meant to be one and eventually it wasn't one, either. So I hope all good with everyone :)

Statistics:

Stage wins:
1 - Jäger-LeCultre
1 - Boas Bergsteinsson (Gipfelstuermer)

Stage wins by teams:
3 - Team-Phoenix
1 - Girl Power
1 - Jäger-LeCultre
1 - Gipfelstuermer

Stages in leader jersey:

2 - Team-Phoenix
2 - Big Donkey
1 - Girl Power
1 - Jäger-LeCultre
GIP MASTERPLAN

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:38 pm

GW

Yeah, annoying attacks, but a win in front is a win.

Today the Donkey won in the peloton :lol: So should have worked earlier.... ah, well, no. While I did a bit of work refusal today (while still working, just markedly less than Phoenix), I simply didn't have more to give either. Brotcorne came to 970 energy at one point. Trewlove just over 800 at his best. Swift was almost at 900 at some point, but due to his reg he went back to being helper pretty soon. If he's unfit, I can hope that with a day off he's back fit, if it's Trewlove... Not before the rest day. If I go with killing Trewlove, then Swift for a long time... maybe we get them, probably. But well, no guarantee to win, sprints for 4th are different than for first, I would have sprinted later for the win today.... Even if it seems sprinting early was the right thing to do this time. Ah well, next sprint. Still interested in sprints of course.

Tomorrow, we'll see, team still unfit... if there's a chance I'd like to try to catch the hill sprinters after the last climb of course, but well, Brotcorne Eiffel Apicella and Messerli at 1000, the rest below (ok, not all by much, Faye for example might need help to be useful at least Sunday..). We'll see, GC wise doesn't seem that dangerous tomorrow to lose more to Schiwkow, so might not load Eiffel? But be it as it may, expect to be mostly passive tomorrow, a bit like today. Then how to ride the end we'll see.

Tomorrow interesting as well for the points jersey, if Celestino-Boulanger get a sprint, they are fully back in the race. If Messerli is there, he is very much back in the game too. If it's an escape, Hershko's chances increase, if it's classics that get away from the sprinters, then somebody like bad Max Simmer might be a danger. But at this point this seem very open, second week has a few for classics I think, but they might be too far back, or too many escapes might win there? So I'd rate the sprinters chances as not so bad actually, Hershko, Messerli, Celestino in this order for the moment.. which might change tomorrow, Celestino might have 2 chances in the second week too (short look today, for Messerli really tomorrow seems the only one he might come back, but we never know)

Team-Phoenix

Post by Team-Phoenix » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:00 pm

Very active thread here, so we will join too!

Our LineUp is quite strong, maybe a bit too much on all fronts, but we wanted to give it a try:

#1 Ljuben Schiwkow - Our leader, the best Climber in the field
#2 Paul Annemans - Flathelper with good reg
#3 Jamiro Coelho - young classic, only 36 reg
#4 Biboul Ewodo - classic and best helper
#5 Eitan hershko - Sprintleader, best Sprinter in the field
#6 Nghe Hoang - helper in the flat and hilly terrain
#7 Nicanor Pana - 60-80 with great reg
#8 Philippe Sarde - another flat helper
#9 Andrzej Trzetrzelewska - hillsprinter

Stage 1
Good Co-Op between GirlPower, Big Donkey and us. We had a very fit train, so felt very confident going into the sprint. Andrzej had to go a bit early than planned because of the Jäger-train. Eitan goes from 100 and catches TMA´s Levi in the last meters.

Stage 2
Not a bad performance in the TTT by our guys, but could have gone a bit faster I think

Stage 3
Very hard stage and didnt really know how do ride it. We rode a bit in the peloton early, then set back with Ljuben in the climbers group. He follows Eiffel, they both coop a bit against Gipfel´s climbers. On the last 6, Ljuben attacks and in the end saves 1 Second to the line.

Stage 4
Another had mountain stage. Gipfel tried a lot, because of this Donkey had to ride a lot, which was very good for our Team. On the final climb Ljuben attacks early and manages to not only grab the leader jersey from Eiffel but also catches the Group on the last km.

Stage 5
Very long stage and not an easy ending to control, but we still tried to get another Sprint for Eitan. Not a lot of help in the beginning, then Big Donkey and Confidential Era join. In the end it wasnt enough and the group got the win. Souldnt have given them that much time. In the sprint we try our train again, this time not very fit and it showed as Eitan only ended up with 3rd place in the Sprint.

Tomorrow should be the first stage for the hillsprinters, maybe we manage to get Andrzej into the Celestino and Boulanger group. Eitan probably not a lot of chances to get back, we would need to beat both the hillsprinter group and the Messerli group for this too happen.

Weezel

Post by Weezel » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:44 pm

This regeneration-day was very important for our guys, tomorrow the team is fit and ready to do their job for Celestino. We will definately need some cooperation with Gipfelstürmer to keep the Donkeys away, but let's try. The stage on Sunday doesn't fit us that great.

Todays stage was nice, Celestino managed to beat Hershko, got the second place in the peloton. Maybe I should have done some km pace to catch the group, but a 79 vs. a 89 is usualy chanceless.

Let's see, what todays training brings. Hope for Celestino training mountain!
Manager von T-Mobile-A

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:01 pm

Phoenix again....

Hill sprint stage no 1, there's others later, which in the end might be easier for T-Mobile and Gipfel, mostly because I (most likely) won't threaten with Messerli from the back. Here I did, so they went fast, last 3, Coelho goes, wins an enormous 4".... only loses 1" on the last 2. Very strong, impressive.

Race otherwise roughly as expected. Less attacks, only 3 riders ahead, thought would be more. Then the last 6%, Messerli only 8" behind Celestino, there I was very optimistic... gained time in the first km with Trewlove, excellent, but that km it wasn't Mercado riding. Next km a +3, should have left Belhassen in the back, but didn't, so lost lots again there... Brotcorne in too, but then the downhill, back up to 10". And there it was basically over. Trewlove and Brotcorne came back to 5"? But they still had reserves in front, so unless they made mistakes, was clear I had no chance. And I didn't really. Very strong T-Mobile team, he has a good team for Celestino. More luck next time.

2 km from the end his dream was over too though, Coelho... Brandt not yes alone, but since he gained 4", even that probably wouldn't have helped.

For green still an important stage, Celestino and Boulanger, despite their bad result on the first stage (thanks to brilliance from Messerli... argh) are back in the fight for green. Both 4 points back. 2 more sprints coming, they'll lose some, but 3 stages where they will score points most likely coming too.
Stage 9 normally not for the win, +4 an attack seems likely to succeed (or can Brandt block?), but a top 10 still seems likely.
Stage 10 could be hard, 3x6% in the last 25km, downhill, who can come back, does somebody go for classics? Does Boulanger try to go alone? Do both come back? Seems possible, but after riding the day before most likely, who knows how fit they all are, probably teams like Big Donkey, AAD, Girls, Jäger will want to try to get a win from the escape....
Stage 11: With 7-8 seems difficult, a +4 not far from the end too... but here like on stage 10 they most likely won't have to deal with Messerli trying to come back, so they can take it slower after coming back to the front, if they do of course.

So green now looks good for Boulanger-Celestino IMO. Hershko ahead, but he really has only 2 chances to score points, I'll try to avoid having him winning both of course, we'll see if it works... But Boulanger/Celestino as sprinters no 5 and 7 should manage to be in the top 7 easily... let's say they get that both times, swap places, and Hershko wins both... 30 points lost each, that's basically the worst case scenario. And even then they still would have chances...

Messerli 12 points back is out unfortunately, winning twice ahead of Hershko only gives him 10 points back... and the hill sprinters are still ahead.

Yellow and white IMO are much easier to predict at this point, Schiwkow and Apicella... of course they both still can lose it, but IMO doesn't seem very likely in either case.

Ugly polka dots, or red (since Gipfel doesn't tell us the colors, grr)... Pretty open, Apicella in the race, but as he showed today he's not going all out for it... not get the points in the last GPM stupid, forgot it... took the easy early ones. Only 1 HC, arrival stage 12, 1 1st category, early in stage 11, 2 cat 2, late tomorrow, before the final climb on stage 12 remaining... lots of points will be taken by the escapes. I'm certainly not going to control for Apicella to get red.. HC he should get points, the cat 2 tomorrow probably as well, but the cat 1 and the other cat 2 really look to go to escape, as will the cat 3+4, so if one of the guys in the fight, Kenin, Loeve, Scinto, goes for it... their chances look good. So far only Kenin seems really interested (and his the easiest one to control as well), Loeve and Scinto not really, so who knows, if it continues like that Apicella might decide it looks easy and go for it. But first we want the GC and a stage....

Tomorrow looks like a GC stage light. Or Brandt vs Boulanger for the stage :lol: GC action not impossible, but with Phoenix having the best climber and the second best classic.. doesn't look easy. But well, maybe Gipfel wants to try with the best classic.

Weezel

Post by Weezel » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:47 pm

The expectations were high, the result was okay, not more.

It was a mistake to use Barthi (Gipfel) so early, but with the help from the other teams, the group in the back made much pressure on us. With a fith Bartolomäus at the +3, Phoenix wouldn't get more than 1 second I think. But I also did very much with Ockers and Tivalainen, so I had not that big chance to beat Boulanger with Celestino. Let's see, how this will look at the other possible hill-sprint-stages.
Manager von T-Mobile-A

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:04 pm

Stage 6, good control from T-Mobile-A for Celestino for most of the race. Donkey helped a bit for Messerli, I helped a bit for Boulanger. But Phoenix stole the win with a lucky attack by Jamiro Coelho on the +3. Why lucky attack? My mistake to put Brandt in yes, normal instead of yes, alone. He got 1'' on Coelho on the +2, so should have been able to block him on the +3 or at least not allow him a 4'' gap...

So after our stage win yesterday, Phoenix back to dominating this race. 4 out of 7 stages for him quite impressive so far. Best climber, best sprinter, now even one of the best classics... incredible how he wins everything and doesn't even have to work a lot. Need a different strategy in the second week I guess.

Statistics:

Stage wins:
1 - Jäger-LeCultre
1 - Boas Bergsteinsson (Gipfelstuermer)
1 - Jamiro Coelho (Team-Phoenix)

Stage wins by teams:
4 - Team-Phoenix
1 - Girl Power
1 - Jäger-LeCultre
1 - Gipfelstuermer

Stages in leader jersey:
3 - Ljuben Schiwkow (Team-Phoenix)

3 - Team-Phoenix
2 - Big Donkey
1 - Girl Power
1 - Jäger-LeCultre
GIP MASTERPLAN