Tour of Guangxi 15h

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

cataracs

Tour of Guangxi 15h

Post by cataracs » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:21 pm

Yes! why not have a race thread for this cool Chinese race.

Dickson PRT will start here! We'll see who will be the leader, depending on Big Donkey's post after me.
But that's how the rooster is looking like for now:
x1 Flurin Kutti / Michael Adams (still not decided, one is going to be the leader, the other will watch from home)
x2 Emil Amundsen (Control leader most likely, in case the team has chances fr te GC of course, if not then he will be escape leader)
x3 Leon Bierbaum (The old german guy...He will be a helper all the time, it's all he can do)
x4 Abdelaziz Bouteflika ( He is the man of the tour. All hopes of keeping the leaders in touch relays on him)
x5 Yojiro Hagiwara (Same as his best friend Emil...But he will be seen less because of his health issues..)
x6 Patrick Miller (Sprinter for the team)
x7 Andrew Wilson (Key helper in this tour, he is basically the only 60-80 of the team)
x8 Robert Wilson (He thinks he's the real leader, but no. He will get instructions to ride...)

The goal will be the GC, and a win or two for Patrick hopefully, somehow.

Weezel

Re: Tour of Guangxi 15h

Post by Weezel » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:30 pm

T-Mobile-A will probably join!
I'll need a sitter for the startday, but after that I'm fully in.

The goal: Maybe mountain-jersey, hopefully a stage-win.
I think about riding for Celestino at two stages, but won't be that easy. Stage 3 has a +8 six km before the finish line. Stage 5 looks good, but I would need support from maybe one or two more hillsprint-teams. Same at stage 6.

Our team could look like this:

Marcel Maier (Sprinter)
Davide Celestino (Hill-Sprinter)
Pablo Mercado (Celestinos #1 helper)
Leevi Tivalainen (Member of the Celestino-Squad, but also good for late attacks)
Nicola Scinto (Celestino-Squad and our best downhill-rider)
Hermann Pernsteiner (our Flat-Goat for the future)
Toivo Tivalainen (Flat-rider and maybe a option for groups)
Markus Wildauer (Our man for the GK, maybe Top 10 possible)
Manager von T-Mobile-A

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:27 am

Alive And Dead also joined the group

With winning the first stage and 2 days in yellow we already achieved all our goals. Noah now 54s ahead of Kutti and the classics is way too less. Was hoping for 2min. Probably would have given it a chance then. Like this the finish on Sunday will alread be enough to distance him, the stage today with +8 7km before the finish line will also cost another 30s or more.

GC: Very interessting group with Kuttin the one and only climber 87, Semper with an gigantic strong team 74, 73, 72, 67, and 65 and all expect for the sprinter with 80+ flat. Depending on his goals if the GC fight is open for the classics. Dickson just with Wilson and the next best climber has 56. That makes the team highly attackable, especially today and on Monday.

Stages: Depending on the strategies Lindberg looks like the clear favorite for today, Kuttin for tomorrow and Celestino+ (all hill sprinters with at least this mountain value) for the last two days.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Weezel

Post by Weezel » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:47 pm

It really seems, that Semper is unbeatable today.
But you should keep your yellow jersey, I think you will loose about 10-15 seconds. It's only one +8, not more.
Tomorrow is the day, where Dickson should take over his jersey - if he can handle Sempers classics. Will be thrilling!
Manager von T-Mobile-A

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:32 pm

It's Kutti not Kuttin!

Stage4 was as expected, Dickson riding alone all the race and winning with the 87 mountain rider. Near the end a group of riders could attack and gain some time on the peloton, and that because during the attack I had my rider in blue tempo for some reason...but then Bouteflika (86 flat) + Wilson (74-81) could maintain a safe gap for Kutti to win the stage. This was the reason I brought only one classic here...I knew I'd end up riding alone and get the team under reg, so better have a cheap rider than a 75-79 with blue energy for the next days...

Stage5 very long...And assuming Gipfel and T-Mobile won't collaborate I didn't have many options...just made sure they're not in the escape...then I just controlled in green, didn't care if Mosca takes the yellow really...Because I don't like how people never ride for their chances in the back.
But at the end, Mosca didn't even try to ride a little faster for yellow? I don't know how much energy they had, but it most likely could have been possible...

Tomorrow, the final day. Should be a Mass sprint? We'll see what happens.

Weezel

Post by Weezel » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:23 am

My plan was to attack yellow (or at least Top 3!) with a big group around Mercado and Wildauer, but Semper and Feiting with their pace made it impossible. So I didn't cooperate, because I wanted you to be as weak as possible. You did good, in the end the group even helped you by getting the time-bonification.
I expect a mass-sprint tomorrow too, especially Feiting (and probably Moja) will come back with his/their sprinter for sure.
Manager von T-Mobile-A

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:24 am

cataracs wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:32 pm
It's Kutti not Kuttin!

Stage4 was as expected, Dickson riding alone all the race and winning with the 87 mountain rider. Near the end a group of riders could attack and gain some time on the peloton, and that because during the attack I had my rider in blue tempo for some reason...but then Bouteflika (86 flat) + Wilson (74-81) could maintain a safe gap for Kutti to win the stage. This was the reason I brought only one classic here...I knew I'd end up riding alone and get the team under reg, so better have a cheap rider than a 75-79 with blue energy for the next days...

Stage5 very long...And assuming Gipfel and T-Mobile won't collaborate I didn't have many options...just made sure they're not in the escape...then I just controlled in green, didn't care if Mosca takes the yellow really...Because I don't like how people never ride for their chances in the back.
But at the end, Mosca didn't even try to ride a little faster for yellow? I don't know how much energy they had, but it most likely could have been possible...

Tomorrow, the final day. Should be a Mass sprint? We'll see what happens.
Oh Kutti, sry!
1) You brought a cheap team because you expected Fighting also with his climber to cooperate with him for controll tempo, at least till the Mountain finish decides it
2) Stage 3 was pretty much the stage that could have killed your chances with Kutti (potential thread of big classics escape and a dead team). But Semper refuses to use his team to make it a hard race for you. He relied on just ending up in the first group with his top classics and classic sprinter, making it pretty useless to bring Thomasius and Telemann (Ok he doesnt have more riders, but still why don't use them).
3) I share you complain about teams not willing to ride for their chances, but T-Mobile-A is kind of known for this, his comment about better be in the escape was telling us enough, but yeah, you cannot ride for the stage and keep 5 riders fit, thats impossible. Then he missed the right time to distance the sprinters, the last +6, +7 combi wasn't enough, even though the tempo afterwards was high. Was kind of surprised by the high tempo of fighthing (ok saving green) and the classic group (stage win was never in reach). Myself just hoped for distancing the groups behind classics and follow the right attacks. Thats why I reduced the gap a bit to the group before the hill (Saving a little chance for yellow if high tempo and right group is formed). Also surprised that Mosca didn't push harde in front as yellow was in reach (still long stage energy?).

In the end you profited from the ultra high tempo between the 2 groups end the missed opportunity of the attack
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Weezel

Post by Weezel » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:31 am

@2. Semper could have done much more with his team, but he is not really active - I think it is a lack of time.
But also nice to know, that I'm known not to ride for my chances. Usually I'm not often the favo, Celestino is my first leader since the comeback in April, who is favo ins several races. And as I told, I wanted to weak Dickson to attack the podium - what went wrongt because of the high pace in the end.
Manager von T-Mobile-A

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:41 am

Weezel wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:31 am
@2. Semper could have done much more with his team, but he is not really active - I think it is a lack of time.
But also nice to know, that I'm known not to ride for my chances. Usually I'm not often the favo, Celestino is my first leader since the comeback in April, who is favo ins several races. And as I told, I wanted to weak Dickson to attack the podium - what went wrongt because of the high pace in the end.
In case of doubt you prefer to be in the group. There was a chance of winning, and a chance of beeing catched up by the sprinters yesterday. Since my comeback in July I noticed you in many groups with me where you had pretty good chances in peloton too. I just want to tell, believe in your chances but also ride for it, you will start winning, but you will also lose when invisting a lot. But makes more fun. I am still kind of stuck in this shit team so I need to hope for chances to arise.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Weezel

Post by Weezel » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:51 am

flockmastoR wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:41 am
Weezel wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:31 am
In case of doubt you prefer to be in the group. There was a chance of winning, and a chance of beeing catched up by the sprinters yesterday. Since my comeback in July I noticed you in many groups with me where you had pretty good chances in peloton too. I just want to tell, believe in your chances but also ride for it, you will start winning, but you will also lose when invisting a lot. But makes more fun. I am still kind of stuck in this shit team so I need to hope for chances to arise.
One problem is, that I like to be active and so I prefer to go into groups. Especially when I'm not the main-favo.
But now with Celestino, I have to change this - you are right, i have to take the risk of loosing everything. But the chance to gain everything.
A pity, that there is no chance today with this crapy little sieb far away from the finish-line.
Manager von T-Mobile-A

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:52 pm

At the end, Kutti and his "weak" team won. Wasn't easy though, riders are still tired to this day...

Final stage, sprinter teams didn't ride like I was expecting, so I had to do the job alone again, with very few fit riders...Alive and Dead helped a little before the hill, then Feiting blocked for his sprinter, but finished second...He launched the sprint 50m early in my opinion, would have preferred AAD winning than Moja, who not only didn't help riding for his sprinter, but tried an attack near the end...