After Giro France (AGF!) Criterium 2019 Afternoon (the only real Criterium)

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

Robyklebt

Re: After Giro France (AGF!) Criterium 2019 Afternoon (the only real Criterium)

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:34 am

Scandalous! Tragic! Wiedmer lost yellow.

But I'm happy with that, 2 weeks yellow, always nice. If I had ridden more for him in the Pyrenees he probably could have kept it one more day, but that wasn't worth it, would finally have been ok with losing it in the Pyrenees too, but nicer like this.

For the rest, not much positive to say, still at 0 stage wins, and somehow it doesn't look like I'll get one either... yes yes, Hisashi announced that he's going to win the next to stages an take over yellow, Matsukaze and Kunonga said they are both confident for Paris, but I've learned to doubt their announcements. Especially Hisashi's, I didn't take the few chances I had... then was blocked by Wiedmer's yellow until the Pyrenees, yes yes, could have said fuck it and follow attacks, go for stages there, but honoring yellow seemed more appropriate. No regrets mostly there really. And then simply wasn't able to create the chances after that. A bit in a difficult situation too... Hisashi isn't really a danger for Vangramberen, but of all the no-dangers he's the most dangerous one, so I'm marked more than others, logically. Feiting no mistakes. Except for the Belles Filles stage he wins the helper game each time too, damn him... good riding by him there for that, a bit bad one by me in at least one occasion too. So yesterday Matsukaze in front to have him after the Izoard if necessary.. .blah, wasn't, and stage win with him was never a realistic chance either in that group. This time Feiting is putting advantage into me, unlike in the Giro (he could have done that there too, but didn't want to) so maybe now that I'm at over a minute I get more freedom? (Not that he has been marking me tightly either, just not giving any openings) Oh, only 51"... bah. But well, if I was Feiting I'd certainly go for the Barreau stage too at this point, although he hasn't really had to do muchm his presence give FEiting additional security, get him at least a stage seems the thing to do. At least I would. Ideal day today, better than tomorrow, there having him working to secure Vangramberen on that never ending climb seems more logical.

Anyway, we'll see what Hisashi can do today, in principle he has no interest in securing second place, in practice he might end up doing that. With Schappy announcing in the winners interview that he's going for third place already, with the daily never changing program imposed under threat by CC, the daily miscalculation by Big Donkey, going in escapes when they don't go through, going with the wrong guy when they do, might as well just adapt to all that and simply ride for second place too. Depending on how pointless trying seems during the race. But of course even riding for second place might manage to fuck that up... :lol:
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

team fl

Re: After Giro France (AGF!) Criterium 2019 Afternoon (the only real Criterium)

Post by team fl » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:16 pm

And it's over! Peter Vangramberen won the GC and was never really in danger about that, great job from Feiting Siebing, although Hisashi Matsuyama finished not even 1 min behind him on place 2. The last place on the podium is occupied by Caroline Hansen, two time stage winner from Schappy. Besides Hansen, Schappy's second climber Marius Hagen won two stages as well. Together with the TTT win, he finished on top of the stage win list (and winning the team classement), together with CircleCycle who managed to win 5 stages with 5 different riders. His very aggressive style of riding also lead to the win of the points classement by Lautaro Casademont and the mountain classement by Paulo Marinheiro, who would have gotten the price for the most aggressive rider, most likely. Besidest hat, the youth classement was almost a given before the start of the tour for Hitoshi Matsuyama. And then we have the teams without big GC ambitions like Rob il prof, Olimpiazzurra and Dreizehn. The two latter of these teams could win one stage at least while the flat stages were dominated by Team FL and Tukhtahuaev, the two teams riding for their sprinters Spohr and Kuyliboev, both with two sprint wins. Finally, the statistics of the AGF-C Afternoon 2019:

General classement:

01. 00:00:00 Peter Vangramberen (Feiting Siebing)
02. 00:00:47 Hisashi Matsuyama (Big Donkey)
03. 00:01:14 Caroline Hansen (Schappy)
04. 00:01:50 Marius Hagen (Schappy)
05. 00:02:14 Houssem Matoussi (CircleCycle)
06. 00:03:09 Peter Hübner (Olimpiazzurra)
07. 00:04:03 Théophane Barreau (Feiting Siebing)
08. 00:05:04 Hitoshi Matsuyama (CircleCycle)
09. 00:07:48 Roberto Nibali (Rob il prof)
10. 00:10:43 Joelle Wedemeyer (Schappy)
11. 00:12:17 Joaquim Teles (Tukhtahuaev)
12. 00:14:56 Jan Allroch (Dreizehn)
13. 00:24:02 Alexis Logothetis (Tukhtahuaev)
14. 00:25:55 YoungGwon Son (Big Donkey)
15. 00:27:05 Luca Spirito (Team FL)

Points classement: Lautaro Casademont (CircleCycle)

Mountain classement: Paulo Marinheiro (CircleCycle)

Youth classement: Hitoshi Matsuyama (CircleCycle)

Team classement: Schappy

Stage wins by riders:

2 - Marius Hagen (Schappy)
2 - Caroline Hansen (Schappy)
2 - Asadbek Kuyliboev (Tukhtahuaev)
2 - Eduardo Spohr (Team FL)
2 - Jonas Wauthier (Feiting Siebing)
1 - Ludvig Andersson (Tukhtahuaev)
1 - Lautaro Casademont (CircleCycle)
1 - Paulo Marinheiro (CircleCycle)
1 - Houssem Matoussi (CircleCycle)
1 - Hitoshi Matsuyama (CircleCycle)
1 - Tiago Monteiro (Olimpiazzurra)
1 - Domen Novak (Dreizehn)
1 - Eduardo Rivera (CircleCycle)
1 - TTT (Schappy)
1 - Jules Vaneste (Feiting Siebing)
1 - Peter Vangramberen (FeitingSiebing)

Stage wins by teams:

5 - CircleCycle
5 - Schappy
4 - Feiting Siebing
3 - Tukhtahuaev
2 - Team FL
1 - Dreizehn
1 - Olimpiazzurra
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.