Atlas Tour 15h

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

Robyklebt

Atlas Tour 15h

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:01 pm

The Donkey has no clue if he should start or not....
If he starts, the team:

1 H. Matsuyama (Hiroshi, Andes winner, so gets no 1)
2 H. Matsubara
3 H. Matsuishi
4 H. Matsukaze
5 H. Matsuoka
6 H. Matsushita
7 H. Matsuyama
8 H. Matuzaka

Well no, even if it would be nice

So the team that is preparing for Algeria, just in case is:

1 H. Matsuyama (still Hiroshi)
2 H. Matsubara
3 H. Matsuishi
4 H. Matsuoka
5 H. Matsuzaka
6 B. Salkey
7 F. Sofiga
8 Y. Son

So only 5 of the Japanese superstars. Even if Matsukaze is the biggest sprint talent of his generation, Sofiga earned the chance to start as sprint leader in a main tour.
Salkey, for flat power, as long as he has some, and decent sprint. Decisive: TT skill, 56. Matsushita with his reg is indeed nicer, but since Zafzaf retired he's riding much less anyway, he's gotten used to easy life, so let's not be to demanding. Plus he has less TT skill.
And then Son for Hisashi... 2 climbers for this tour seem way too much... if we brought Hisashi, then probably Matsushita and Matsukaze too, fuck Sofiga and Salkey, but since a second climber doesn't seem to be of much use here...Hiroshi as Andes winner is the man. Hisashi can try to show his talent later in December. Or in January.

Generally more of a future oriented team than the Andes, preparing for the Giro.
Matsuoka&Son will be the Giro classics, let's see them ride together without Tobar directing.
Matsuzaka will be the 60-80 for the Giro, one of hopefully 2, the second one, well, somehow doesn't seem to be in the team.. and it's getting late. That's why he won't have Gopal or Innocenti showing him the ropes, he has to learn how to do it on his own, after all that might be the situation he finds himself in in May too.
Matsubara seems clear for the Giro at this point, 32, perfect age. Riding for the sprinter, riding against other sprinters. In the Giro will be riding for Matsukaze, possibly for the climbers too, so here practice, but with some freedom to attack.
Matsuishi will be 33 for the Giro, but certainly a possibility too. Way too much reg, not really satisfied with his flat. Here he can show his talent. And the reg can be useful in the Giro, and here.
The 2 Matsuyamas obviously the leaders for the Giro, but as I explained above, here one is enough.
So 6 probable Giro-starters here. Good practice. IF the Donkeys start.
Very unsure, the Donkeys actually like 1 day races. Easy, every day different team, different time. Use his 18-19 riders he'll have in December (Caius, force him to retire or let him ride Vamos a la Playa or the Christmas Tour?) instead of having 10 of them hang around do, nothing, stand behind me when I'm on the computer and comment my every move. Very annoying. With one day races they ride, are tired, shut up and leave me alone. 2 weeks... so long. 15h, so late (don't check the time of this post...) Not really motivated... nothing to do with the tour itself, actually doing preliminary form, thought looked relaxing, if the sprinters show up en masse nothing to do most of the time, kind of like that. Just another stage race so soon after the Andes.. .bah. But while 3 days ago I thought max 20% chances I start, it's up to 40% now.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

gaurain rx

Re: Atlas Tour 15h

Post by gaurain rx » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:45 pm

Oh, Donks motivation going up... Great, I feel like I helped increasing his motivation for the Dec Tour.

I will also probably start here, like 75% chances... Lineup, mmm, problematic! Or an allround one (even if I don't really have an usefull classic) or an full sprintteam (even if my sprinters are not tremendous)... But ok, this could be a goodbye Tour for Lemile.

So well, Allround Team :

1. J. Lemile
2. P. Cyclone
3. E. Gourdin
4. T. Hussard
5. L. Sacré
6. J.Vaneste
7. P. Vangramberen
8. R. Zingle

Lemile really alone for the sprints, Vaneste for the TTT (but is it really necessary), Peter as leader (even if this tour doesn't look really climber friendly), Zingle and Cyclone as 60-80 and flattie, Sacré the flat captain, Gourdin the big worker, Hussard the classic (but also, is it necessary considering his skills. More than 400k... Too much for my taste all in all, also considering I'd like to put Bouteiller in instead of Hussard or Vaneste-

Sprintteam :

1. J. Lemile
2. P. Cyclone
4. E. Gourdin
5. M. Cordonnier
6. R. Rain
7. L. Sacré
8. S. Vliegen
9. R. Zingle

So 2 sprinters, Some flat power (even if 85-84-84-82-82 is not really tremendous), 2 60 moutain, 2 Reg guys (Zingle and Gourdin). Anyway, so that I have some credit, maybe I should have Lesinge or Franz in place of Rain. Team more or less cheap (350k approx)

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:40 pm

Maybe Afshin gives it another try to race against Hiroshi at the Atlas Tour. Support cast is not entirely fix yet, but of course riders like Kaiser, Satour, Rossard, Spirito and Spaeth would join the Prince of Persia. Banzer could be in the mix too for the flat stages. Main mountain helper Schramm could be wasted a bit, but who knows, maybe he is still helpful. The rest will be either Ritter for flat stage control or Mrkvicka for experience. We will see.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Tukhtahuaev

Post by Tukhtahuaev » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:23 pm

Tukhtahuaev is going to ride here with a mostly sprint lineup. Jabrane and Otakhonov as captains

luques

Post by luques » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:42 pm

Luques here. Probably offliner but hopes to have fun!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:55 am

Donks will start.. but highly unmotivated and he's already regretting it before the start...
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

CircleCycle

Post by CircleCycle » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:38 pm

90% I will join the fun.
Team composition still unclear :D :D

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:33 pm

Exciting group it seems to be. 11 Teams signed up so far. 7 of them with more than 140 average points per race (appr) and the same number of teams with more than 1000 races (Gaurain with Feiting Siebing not even included). Only one team with less than 100 appr. 6 Div. 1 teams, 3 Div. 2 teams. On paper, this sounds very interesting.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:05 pm

Now he's printing out audio files on paper?

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:10 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:05 pm
Now he's printing out audio files on paper?
Latest technical shit. I could not believe it either at first... Anyway, 14 Teams already!

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:55 pm

As expected: The favourite check after the TTT:

General classement

***** Armin Meier (Rasmussen), Afshin Pirhashemi (Team FL)
**** Houssem Matoussi (CircleCycle)
*** Tore Bergstrom (CircleCycle), Hiroshi Matsuyama (Big Donkey), Kali Jacobus (SV Furpach)
** Danny daCosta (Hessen Cycling), Vincenzo Notari (Mosca), Erster Fahrer (Lubazim Team), Maik Schramm (Team FL)
* A surprise rider

Points classement

*** Akira Toriyama (fantasticos)
** Ilya Korobko (Luques)
* Richard Springer (Feiting Siebing)

Mountain classement

*** The one who wants it
** Another rider
* A surprise rider

Youth classement

*** Harry Shum (SV Furpach)

Team classement

*** SV Furpach
** Team FL, Rasmussen
* CircleCycle

luques

Post by luques » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:52 pm

I joined!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:33 pm

I kind of disagree. First wanted to say that Meier should get one star more than Pirhashemi, then the opposite. Finally I think it should be:

***** Bergstrom
**** Meier-Pirhashemi

Meier vs Pirhashemi promises to be very close, Meier needs something around 40" most likely. (But chance can have a rather big influence actually, might be +/- 10".) IF he gets 2 wins, Pirhashemi no bonifications there, 20" gone. First mountain arrival minimal time gain, let's say 4" (think less, but who knows) second one 10" (this one might be more on the other hand), he's at 34".. If it was a 1-1 fight between those 2, I'd say Pirhashemi with the small advantage.
But it isn't, there's CC. He has 2 cards, Matoussi and Bergstrom. For Matoussi not easy, he has to win time on both Meier and Pirhashemi... considering the parcours quite a lot. So the logical choice would seem Bergstrom. Who should gain close to 3' to Pirhashemi in the final TT. I'd go for him, but we'll see what CC does. If he does, IMO he has the best chances of all.

The rest? Kali Jacobus with the best chances, he has that 77-77 to help, and Jacobus has a bit of everything, including TT. 21" back to Pirhashemi and Bergstom, ah 20 to Afshin, so he can hope. 3 stars. The rest max 2, Matoussi hard, Matsuyama, well, I'll try if I see the opportunity, after all it's not like I have much else to do, don't really have outstanding stage chances either, but this time I don't have the team really. But profit from the Meier vs Pirhashemi vs Bergstom fight if possible. We'll see..

luques

Post by luques » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:37 pm

Got my victory, happy for the rest of the Tour!

A short recap of Luques sprint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPyN3K1Up6c

CircleCycle

Post by CircleCycle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:45 pm

Very interesting favo checks, but I haven't yet decided who will be my captain.
First two sprintstages showed, that there is very little chance for Mr. Springer to win, so maybe I have to adapt my tactic on flat stages.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:33 am

Interesting stage yesterday. Boring for a long time though.
I would have thought it an easy sprint for the sprinters, if they ride for it... so logically I helped Sofiga and Matsubara. Plus Son, in case it wasn't a sprint. Far from a sprint of course... On the last climb, Furpach made the peloton explode, he had 4 riders in front, everybody else 1 or 2 (or 0). Matsuoka and Matsuyama for me, Matsuyama had been helping Son most of the race (Only got the idea to change helper settings a bit before that climb, why help Sofiga, even if it's a sprint it's for place 4... )
Furpach went, rode, almost a minute back and coming slowly closer the CC express, Matoussi back there too, waiting for Bergstrom. First indication on who's the leader? Everybody expected an attack by Vignir S., 77-77 Furpach classic...followed by Matsuoka, Jacobus and possibly Pirhashemi, depending on fitness and form of Vignir. But didn't come, kept riding... so Matsuoka went on his own... Jacobus and Afshin follow, they gain 12" in GC. Money for the Donkey, and safety for Matsuyama... was a bit afraid of an attack on the 5, go with Matsuoka, who's going to be followed by Jacobus for sure, in the back it will be tempo, no attacks most likely, poor Matsuyama with his little energy safely in the peloton. Good.

Sprint.. IMO the sprint could have been possible, but surely not easy, a hard hard hard fight, but if instead of just Luques and Feiting in the back there had been 3 teams (more better) with 2 riders each riding... possible to get back I think, maybe. But ok, was more interesting like that, good action by Furpach! With that he showed that Kali Jacobus is to be reckoned with.

team fl

Post by team fl » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:23 pm

Rest day! Finally! Some time to recover. For the riders because of the riding, for the Team FL management because of a heavy flu pandemia. Anyway, it's time for a first summary of the tour so far. And indeed, I just wanted to analyse the rest day itself, but the Big Donkey killed this idea... grmpf. Besides that, it's a boring Sunday with bad weather and still recovering family members... So, here you have it, the rest day analysis ;).

Ah yes, about the tour... Well, it was pretty nice so far I would say. 6 stages done (two half stages, so 7 after all), 7 still to go. Lots of active teams, lots of action and still everything possible in the GC and most of the other classements. And it is fun that you have more than two teams fighting for GC and teams with different goals as well. For example fantasticos, who clearly is a stage win chasing team with a very good sprinter and active escapers. The same counts for Luques, Feiting Siebing and Tukhtahuaev. So far, fantasticos was clearly the most succesful amongst them with three stage wins and Akira Toriyama leading in the points classement. On the other hand you have the GC teams, like CircleCycle with Matoussi and Bergstrom, Rasmussen with Meier, Team FL with Pirhashemi or SV Furpach with Kali Jacobus. And still, there are teams like Big Donkey or Hessen Cycling who are not completely out of the GC contention yet but also looking for stage wins in escapes. Finally, teams like Lubazim team, Mosca and Rapid Rabbits complete the group but are either not very active or not very experienced.

Anyway, it's Armin Meier at the moment who is wearing the yellow jersey, mainly because of a good result in the team time trial in the second half stage of stage 1. Besides that, there was not much to see from him or his team. SV Furpach rode very differently as it was probably the most active team in this first week with decicive actions trying to create advantages for Kali Jacobus whenever possible. Also CircleCycle, even with two GC contestants, has been riding very actively so far but could not decide yet which rider to go for eventually. Like all of them, also Afshin Pirhashemi is in good position after gaining time during stage 4 (lucky) and 7 (more possible?) against his main opponents. Behind these riders, teams like Big Donkey with the Andes winner Hiroshi Matsuayma or Hessen Cycling with Danny daCosta are waiting for mistakes or weakend contestants. So it will be an interesting week 2, GC wise.

For the rest of the classements, only the youth classement seems to be decided already, as there is no real opponent for Harry Shum from SV Furpach, despite his helper duties for Kali Jacobus. The points classment will be decided among the sprinters with Akira Toriyama having a slight advantage over the rest like Ilya Korobko form Luques, Jordan Lemile from Feiting Siebing or Richard Springer form CircleCycle. But that seems not to be enough for Akira's team (fantasticos) as it seems to be looking for the mountain classement as well with Tryfonas Tzanetis, leading 5 points ahead of Frederik Rönnow from Hessen Cycling. And the most useless classement of them all (except I win it of course), the team classement, is lead by Team FL in front of Rasmussen and CircleCycle.

If that's too much to read for you (if you haven't done it until here and were smart enough to skip it), here are the numbers from week one of the December Tour 2018, riding with atlases.

General classement

01. 00:00 Armin Meier (Rasmussen)
02. 00:24 Houssem Matoussi (CircleCycle)
03. 00:25 Afshin Pirhashemi (Team FL)
04. 00:49 Maik Schramm (Team FL)
05. 01:01 Kali Jacobus (SV Furpach)
06. 01:17 Hiroshi Matsuyama (Big Donkey)
07. 01:31 Stefan Rüttimann (Rasmussen)
08. 01:36 Danny daCosta (Hessen Cycling)
09. 01:44 Vignir Svavarsson (SV Furpach)
10. 01:47 YoungGwon Son (Big Donkey)
11. 01:48 Carlos Kaiser (Team FL)
12. 01:56 Silvan Dillier (Rasmussen
13. 02:06 Tore Bergstrom (CircleCycle)

Points classement

01. 081 Akira Toriyama (fantasticos)
02. 064 Ilya Korobko (Luques)
03. 064 Jordan Lemile (Feiting Siebing)

Mountain classement

01. 034 Tryfonas Tzanetis (fantasticos)
02. 029 Frederik Rönnow (Hessen Cycling)
03. 015 Mark Merklein (SV Furpach

Youth classement

01. 02:48 Harry Shum (SV Furpach)
02. 05:52 Mirco Saggiorato (Rasmussen)
03. 12:08 Tryfonas Tzanetis (fantasticos)

Team classement

01. 00:00 Team FL
02. 00:43 Rasmussen
03. 01:56 CircleCycle

Stage wins by riders

2 - Akira Toriyama (fantasticos)
1 - Ilya Korobko (Luques)
1 - Houssem Matoussi (CircleCycle)
1 - Afshin Pirhashemi (Team FL)
1 - Tryfonas Tzanetis (fantasticos)
1 - TTT (Rasmussen)

Stage wins by teams

3 - fantasticos
1 - CircleCycle
1 - Luques
1 - Team FL
1 - Rasmussen

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:41 am

Seems like everybody is overwhelmed by this fantastic text :). Anyway, the tour didn't stop there and continued with stage 7, another stage for the sprinters. With quite an easy effort - only two teams decided to sent riders in an escape (SV Furpach and Lubazim team) and the attack of two riders from CircleCycle close to the finish line was neutralised before they could reach it - the bunch sprint was achieved and Ilya Korobko from Luques was able to celebrate his second stage win. While Akira Toriyama still wears the green jersey, the fight for it became a bit closer. Today we have a some hills in the way of a bunch sprint, so I guess it will be either an early group or decision in the hills at the end of the stage. And the GC teams have to be aware today, not like yesterday where the sprint teams did the work.

In general, the GC fight has become very intriguing. On the one hand, there are the world class climbers Matoussi and Meier, both with a climbing skill of 88. Meier has the time advantage of 24 seconds at the moment but Matoussi has 2 skill points more for the time trial (56 vs. 54). Behind them, there is Pirhashemi, not quite the climbing stud with only 85 (!¨) climbing, but with a TT skill of 62 by far the best time trialist amongst them and only 25 seconds behind Meier. Although he might lose some more time, esp. on stage 10, it could be enough to have it back in the final time trial.

But far down the current GC ranking, at place 13, there waits another GC contestant: Tore Bergstrom. The classic rider and Matoussi's team mate will rock the final ITT with his skill of 82, but will lose time in other stages, like he already did. With the ability to gain back as much as around 3 min in the ITT, he already lost a bit more than 2 min, which looks too much already. So can he keep the time loss in that limit? Or will CircleCycle go all in for Matoussi?

Anyway, it will be rather a matter of seconds than minutes amongst those four contestants. Altough the final ITT it's not completely even, Meier would need roughly 15-20 secs on Matoussi and 60-80 secs against Pirhashemi, depending on form and luck. So both Meier and Matoussi need to gain more time on Pirhashemi while Matoussi also needs to gain a bit time on Meier. And all three of them need to still gain around a minute or even two on Bergstrom, although I guess Matoussi could live with him winning the tour.

The rest of the contestants (except Schramm, who is clearly No. 2 behind Pirhashemi), like Matsuyama, Jacobus or daCosta, need a bigger effort to be back in the GC race, as they are all more than 1 min back already.But the race isn't over until the fat lady sings, or whatever is awaiting the peloton after the last stage in Bejaia. So who will make it? One out of Meier and Matoussi? Pirhashemi? Bergstrom? Or one of the other riders with a big effort in week 2? We will find out on Sunday the latest :).

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:22 pm

For me though Pirhashemi now is in the driver's seat. No walk in the park, a drive in the car :lol: If he wins, I'll accuse him of mechanical doping.

Bergstrom looks very very hard. The stage where he risks losing lots of time is still coming, the last mountain stage. But looks like Afshin-Schramm won't need to go crazy, and risk counters by Meier there. Advantage should already be around 3' then, Kaiser will do. Vs Meier and Matoussi... the big danger is the mountain top arrival, but with a no-risk approach, he should be able to keep the time loss minimal. The rest..... nobody a danger really, somebody like Matsuyama would need not one, but 2 big wins vs not only Pirhashemi, but the others too, looks highly unlikely. So... Pirhashemi it will be. The big danger actually comes from his position, the driver's seat. His team, Team FL, will most likely be asked to shoulder the majority of the work on the remaining GC stages, and that includes stages like today. And since for once we have a decent number of teams in the race, that can be hard, and makes the road full of potholes. If it was "just" the mountain stages and the TT, Pirhashemi at this points wins, 90%. But it isn't. There's today. For sure an uncontrolled big escape day. Then the sprint should be sprint, ok, 2 mountain stages, the next middle mountain one looks like a possible sprint, but as it has gone so far, some sort of Furpach action seems possible too. So.... Pirhashemi favorite, but his team will have to be ready. And the manager too.

As for the Donkeys, the goal is a stage, and then the GC too. But well, stage... .Matsuoka looks like he could have a chance a few times, until you look at this sprint value. Son suffers from Bergstrom, if Son is there, so is Bergstrom, that's not wanted, so Son looks rather unlikely from the peloton, even if he has some sprint talent. Matsuyama 85... well. Sofiga of course a hero, but seems unmotivated. So somebody from the early escape... the whole team seems eager to join the escape, expcept Salkey who said he doesn't want anymore, he suffered for days after his last escape. And Matsuzaka feels depressed after the failure of all escapes he was in some days ago, so he refuses too. Even if he's big in our escape plans for today, tomorrow etc. We'll see, we'll not allow Matsuyama to go for sure, even if he claimed he would be perfect from km 1 today.

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:09 pm

Well, for sure now, your assessement will help everybody as the excuse to let me work ;).

But then again, nothing different to the TdF or the CdlA. Or mainly week one. And if nothing else works, I can ask Furpach to sit me. Oh, wait... dammit.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:56 pm

No, no, different. Big group vs small group.

And don't think people need excuses to let you work... :lol:

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:08 pm

19" lost by Pirhashemi to Matoussi 2 days ago. So now he looks to be the big danger. More than Meier. Unlucky Meier, despite the clear command by his manager to follow Matoussi at all cost, he ignored that command... Bug. Bah, really unlucky for Meier. Other verdict of the stage: Bergstrom out. Dropped early, never came back, he's out of contention. And that makes Matoussi sole leader for Cycle Circle.

Meier
Matoussi 6"
Pirhashemi 25"

Right now I wouldn't even call Pirhashemi the favorite anymore. On paper he'll win 54" in the TT, but as we know that's useless, why print out c4f. He is 19" back now, and will lose some more time today, how much is the big question. The other problem for Pirhashemi is tomorrow. Meier, even if he wasn't hurt by the bug, and was 45" or 50" ahead, has the big flat weakness, that can play a big role tomorrow, Pirhashemi has the chance to drop him in the final km tomorrow. With help from Kaiser, if he's there, otherwise not. Matoussi? Looks hard. Of course that stage (disliked it at first, but actually now it looks fun and interesting) can be ridden in many different ways, but seems more likely that Pirhashemi will gain some seconds on Meier there... even if only sprint bonification. With Matoussi.... much more difficult I think.

Today of course will be very important for the 3 podium places, they seem set, just the order remains to be decided. Let's hope FL finds a sitter or manages to do something by app, or pre-race safety settings. And let's hope for a bugfree race.

Looking forward to see how this ends. I'd say 39% each Matoussi and Pirhashemi, 20% Meier. 2% for the big surprise and somebody else, well, 1% really enough too. Specator Donkey will of course somehow try to win a stage... but not many chances left.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:42 am

Changed my mind again, now Pirhashemi the favorite. Excellent defence by Pirhashemi yesterday, only 4" respectively 1" lost to Matoussi and Meier. Good block on the attack km, then he didn't lose any more time. And there's people who think that the mountain skill is too important? 88 vs 85 gains 4" in 5 km, all 10% or 11%? Yeah, right.

On the Donkey front... plan was to wait for tomorrow, see if Kaiser brings back Matsuoka, see if something is possible then. Bah. first group went nowhere, Furpach wanted red with Merklein, got it, good job. Then everybody got back. Matsuishi-Matsubara attack, 2 Fantasticks, no chase. Group with chance? Didn't look bad, but 53+50 climbers in front... CC and/or Rasmussen likely to ride to get their excellent stage win chances. So Matsuoka-Matsuyama attack on the cat 2. 3 min advantage, way too good cooperation in the back, since I used the 2 leaders in the downhill and light climbs didn't think it would work. Then the chase slowed down a bit..
1'47" or 1'49" before the last 6 km. First 3 km I had Matsuyama wait for Matsuoka... Took me 3 km to realize it, but ok, even 1 I'm took all my chances. Without that great display of ineptitude.. close. Lost 37" in the last 2 km. 11+10% Assuming I'd lose the same amount, 19 on 11%, 18" on 10%. (should be a bit more actually, but since on the last km Matoussi attacked (I think.. somehow can't figure out how to check that on the mobile)so gaining more, let's just assume it fits)92" in 5 km. 15" or 17" (think 15") remaining for the 8% very close. Attack last km and might just be enough. If not, second. Or third. Or fourth. But at least close and a good try. Like this... simple idiocy. And I'm the guy telling FL every day what he does wrong.... ts ts.
Now today, don't really see how to win a stage here anymore. But ok, after yesterday don't deserve one either. Red, green don't look too realistic either.. bah.. cannon fodder.

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:51 am

Yep, worked well yesterday, the defence, although, as you pointed out, I made some more little mistakes her and there, but made up for it big in the last climb, I guess :).

So the situation is still very close now, but if Pirhashmi doesn't lose more time, it looks good. This is the ranking before today's stage, resp. after stage 10:

01. 00:00 Houssem Matoussi (CircleCycle)
02. 00:01 Armin Meier (Rasmussen)
03. 00:29 Afshin Pirhashemi (Team FL)
04. 01:23 Kali Jacobus (SV Furpach)

The rest is out of the GC race, as long as nothing really surprising happens today or tomorrow. Kali is still there because of the riding style of his team which could still lead to confusion and maybe a time gain. But most likely he just stands there vicariously for all the riders that are not too far back, but are out of the GC race as well, most likely.

What will be very intersting today, besidest the GC fight, will be the fight for the mountain classement. Still four riders in the range of 10 points (26-35). One classic rider, two escapers and Matoussi.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:32 pm

I'm just bad, gamble, doesn't pay off, try to save it with some signalling and more gambling, but clearly thinking about it later that was just pointless, should have accepted my gambling loss. Should be used to it after all, horse races.

At least we're set up for a nail biting TT, the one who bites less and concentrates more on pedalling between Pirhashemi and Matoussi will win the GC. And I'll go out on a limb and say Bohli will win the TT.

Pretty bad tour for the Donkeys, only Hisashi is happy, and taunting Hiroshi and everybody who rides in Algeria nonstop from his secret location. Well, fuck him, he's training in Colombia around Medellin, hope Peter goes there and and "steals" his training again!