Tour de France 2018 14h

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

team fl

Re: Tour de France 2018 14h

Post by team fl » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:42 am

Team FL back in town. Nice summary by the Donkey, so here the mere facts after the first rest day:

General classement (GC contender version)

01. 00:00 Afshin Pirhashemi (Team FL)
02: 00:06 Elias Tobar (Big Donkey)
03. 00:31 Juan Villafuerte (Team FL)
04. 01:12 Petar Petrow (Herakles)
05. 01:18 Artyom Filatov (Luques)
06. 01:33 Wladislaw Stojanow (Herakles)
07. 01:39 Michael Heller (Bugatti)
13. 10:47 Clément Solaire (Team FL)
16. 11:30 Horacio Cruz (minots)
17. 11:34 Caius Aeschlimann (Big Donkey)

Points classement

01. 180 Cian Sweenay (LeMagnifique)
02. 148 Jaime Valdelomar (Big Donkey)
03. 130 Maren Böhm (Bugatti)

Mountain classement

01. 007 Miguel Almiron (LeMagnifique)
02. 006 Rumen Radew (Herakles)
02. 004 Vicente Cruz (minots)

Youth classement

01. 01:39 Michael Heller (Bugatti)
02. 11:16 Miguel Almiron (LeMagnifique)
03. 15:05 Saufatu Sopoanga (Bugatti)

Team classement

01. 00:00 Herakles
02. 07:51 Big Donkey
03. 10:00 Team FL

Stage wins by riders

2 - Cian Sweenay (LeMagnifique)
2 - Torsten Klemm (Bugatti)
1 - Leroy Caster (LeMagnifique)
1 - Artyom Filatov (Luques)
1 - Rumen Radew (Herakles)
1 - Jaime Valdelomar (Big Donkey)

Stage wins by teams

3 - LeMagnifique
2 - Bugatti
1 - Big Donkey
1 - Herakles
1 - Luques
1 - Team FL (TTT)
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:45 am

Aeschlimann-Filatov-Aeschlimann in the Alps.
So 2 wins from 3 attacks for Caius, the team is happy with that. Towards Le Grand Bornand it didn't really work out like planned, at one point there were 5 donkeys ahead, we wanted 3 really. But nobody with downhill ahead, so Gopal, and then with Aeschlimann-Tobar too.
FL said no Tobar, drop and go, sounds good, we did that. But made it a bit boring. Easy win finally, reg under, changed to green too late. In the back good double attack by Stojanow and Petrow, but FL reacted well and kept them under control and finally caught them in the downhill.

La Rosiere, late Sinks, attacks from app didn't work, so later in the Roseland or maybe already in the Col de Pres(?), sieb, let back on, since FL waited for Villafuerte, 30" back Tobar-Aeschlimann attack. This time chased and caught after the steep part of the final climb. First by the Herakles-duo, who attacked towards the end of the steep part, the by Pirhashemi, who the attacked with Filatov in tow in the last km. Sprint win Filatov

L'Alpe d'Huez: Early group, gets lot of freedom, Todorov seems to have the win assured. Dinks late, app, Gopal-Tobar attack, deadish Elias rides, in the last part obviously Caius attacks. Stojanow follows. Good plan by Stojanow, BUT that really was an Alkworld. Todorov had been let go after Herakles had said that he wasn't going to attack, by following the obvious Caius attack...As the internationally renowned c4f analyst Feiting later stated, if Todorov then hadn't waited and ridden for the group in the Valley to Le Bourg d'Oisons, all would have been ok really. But of course he did, as demanded by the ruthless Donkey too.
The duo Aeschlimann-Stojanow found an understanding soon, cooperation, Aeschlimann gets the stage, unless he's dropped, he wasn't, in the back FL reacted well again, advantage around 1'45" in the downhill, no big change in the flat, down a bit but minimally. In the end just under a minute back, 50"? Stojanow basically halted his deficit. Could have been more if Gopal-Tobar waited earlier, their manager really mismanaged their waiting. Stojanow had to do the mysterious flat km on top of the Croix de Fer and the first few kms. But ok like this since with Todorov helping later the attack wasn't an example in fairplay.
In the back Filatov showed a shocking lack of Independence. Without his manager telling him what to do every minute, it didn't occur to him to try to follow Pirhashemi, even if he certainly had the force to do it. His GC chances diminished greatly because of that.
Not that Stojanow and Petrow have much bigger ones, FL controls well.

GC chances now:
***** Pirhashemi
** Stojanow, Petrow
* Filatov, Heller, Aeschlimann. Aeschlimann in case FL miscalculates once and lets him go too far .. unlikely, but at this point don't think Filatov has better chances.

Mountain jersey, Cruz continues to lead, Aeschlimann in striking distance. And I'd probably the favorite now.

Today: No stage it seems, at least that's what this friendly Le Magnifique told us, no need to come online today. I might pass by anyway, for some relaxing chatting or so...
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:45 pm

The alpine triple (stage 10 to 12) is over, Roby summarized them already, so it's time to look at the standings before today's flat stage (stage 13):

General classement

02: 00:54 Wladislaw Stojanow (Herakles)
03. 01:21 Petar Petrow (Herakles)
04. 02:01 Michael Heller (Bugatti)
05. 02:44 Artyom Filatov (Luques)
06. 08:39 Claudia Streng (Bugatti)
07. 09:05 Caius Aeschlimann (Big Donkey)
08. 12:37 Clément Solaire (Team FL)
09. 15:01 Elias Tobar (Big Donkey)
10. 16:31 Horacio Cruz (minots)

Points classement

01. 217 Cian Sweenay (LeMagnifique)
02. 165 Jaime Valdelomar (Big Donkey)
03. 145 Maren Böhm (Bugatti)

Mountain classement

01. 117 Vicente Cruz (minots)
02. 094 Caius Aeschlimann (Big Donkey)
02. 054 Nedko Todorov (Herakles)

Youth classement

01. 02:01 Michael Heller (Bugatti)

Team classement

02. 20:45 Team FL
03. 48:57 Big Donkey

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:44 am

Second rest day is today and the last week promises again lots of action, as did stage 15. While stage 14 was mainly an early escape going unchallenged for the win, yesterday offered a fast race from the beginning with a (half) decent fight for the stage win - and some controversy. But first things first: It seems the first 10 km were locked by Team FL, to afraid to let a group go that could be dangerous later on for the GC, f.e. offering relais opportunites. When the peloton lowered the pace, it was a group of four teams (Big Donkey, Bugatti, Herakles, LeMagnifique) with each two riders that formed a group, offering exactly what Team FL wanted to prevent: Possible opportunities for GC contenders to attack at the Pic de Nore. So chase was set, pace was high, group was caught right before the crucial part up to the Pic. But two teams were not satisfied yet, so Big Donkey and Bugatti both attacked again, now let go by Team FL. They seems to cooperate well until Tobar and Aeschlimann did their TdF 2018 patented double attack (tm) and somehow irritated the Bugatti riders, esp. Hackel, to a point where he rode like hell to the mountain top and crossed the GPM first. The Donkeys didn't seem to like it and attacked again for the stage, while in the main group, Team FL was now alert after an increas of pace from Herakles. The last 40 km of the stage then were two Donkeys against the group with the GC contenders. In the end, Tobar and Aschlimann saved four seconds against them and could celebrate a double victory, while nothing important changed in the classements. Finally, here are the stats after two weeks riding in France:

General classement

02: 00:58 Wladislaw Stojanow (Herakles)
03. 01:25 Petar Petrow (Herakles)
04. 02:05 Michael Heller (Bugatti)
05. 02:48 Artyom Filatov (Luques)
06. 08:59 Caius Aeschlimann (Big Donkey)
07. 09:16 Claudia Streng (Bugatti)
08. 12:41 Clément Solaire (Team FL)
09. 16:10 Elias Tobar (Big Donkey)
10. 16:57 Horacio Cruz (minots)

Points classement

01. 277 Cian Sweenay (LeMagnifique)
02. 215 Jaime Valdelomar (Big Donkey)
03. 181 Dan Summers (LeMagnifique)

Mountain classement

01. 119 Vicente Cruz (minots)
02. 096 Caius Aeschlimann (Big Donkey)
02. 054 Nedko Todorov (Herakles)

Youth classement

01. 02:11 Michael Heller (Bugatti)

Team classement

02. 21:19 Team FL
03. 23:08 Big Donkey

Stage wins by riders

3 - Cian Sweenay (LeMagnifique)
2 - Caius Aeschlimann (Big Donkey)
2 - Artyom Filatov (Luques)
1 - Georg Hackel (Bugatti)
1 - Elias Tobar (Big Donkey)

Stage wins by teams

4 - Big Donkey
4 - LeMagnifique
3 - Bugatti
2 - Luques
1 - Herakles
1 - Team FL (TTT)

luques

Post by luques » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:23 pm

Aggressive Chicken for the last week!!!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:34 pm

Fry it.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

luques

Post by luques » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:50 pm

Grrrrrr

As usual late! But good that I inscribed here otherwise I would be probably sleeping a lot watching the Tour in TV.
Much time I don't see something so boring, where the only interesting things are crashes or some protests along the road.

Luckily this RSF Edition, the Only Real Tour de France Edition, is giving a lot of surprises.
Seems Donkey became a serial winner! Seriously? Looks like that!

Herakles took the yellow after a brilliant attack, FL with Afshin still in a good position considering the ITT, but the margin is less and less!

Let's see tomorrow, looks to me the decisive stage (stage 19 is interesting but for RSF I fear too flat in the end).

LeMagnifique

Post by LeMagnifique » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:02 pm

Some strange words from FLteam at the finish of today's stage for the team LeMagnifique, liking the activity of LeMagnifique's riders in the escape while they were fighting all day in the gruppetto. Also, FLteam let Herakles go early in the escape while this situation was a no go before the rest day, he lost yellow as a result. Moreover some spectators saw the manager driving the team car like crazy and yelling indescribable thing at his riders.
Some bottles of alcohol were found in the trash of the hotel where team FL "slept" during the rest day. We can assume he was still drunk during the stage.

ps: I hate Jaime.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:33 am

Well, the Magnifiques were in front in spirit, supporting Jaime I heard. :D
But well, don't think you have to worry about Jaime too much, it's just that he is the perfect guy to send in escapes, good reg and with his 57 mountain he can pass hills, and he isn't that much at risk of missing the time cut the day after an escape.

Good attack be Herakles yesterday, details not perfect, his pullers really waited a bit too late, but just in time not to have Petrow riding the flat too. Good daring attack really, don't think was expected at this point of the stage, the front group seemed to far away to renounce a good stage placement, possibly the stage (even if Gopal, and Hackel too seemed rather more likely to win it). Unlucky for FL to be offline just in the kms the attack went, but Herakles did all very well after that. I at first was happy not to be following him, didn't think it would go through at first.
Now at least we have a race, FL IMO still favored, but it's obviously much much closer now than it was 24h ago. Pirhashemi can't afford to lose more time to Petrow now. Today don't expect big differences anyway, fast hard race, if he wants, FL can control it and set the pace, thanks to the stronger classics he could try attacks too, we'll see. But whatever way it goes, Petrow-Stojanow vs Pirhashemi+Solaire, should be all very close. 5" difference max is the Donkeydiction. Plus possible bonifications.

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:05 pm

After the great attack from Petrow at stage 16, stage 17 went pretty uneventful (And Hugo Marxer was sober the whole day). While there were only little changes in the GC - Stojanow gaining some time - I guess Pirhashemi could have gone for the stage win, if he knew how much more power he had left than Petrow. But he chose the saftey way with letting Aeschlimann and Stojanow go while Filatov attacked unconstested. In the end, Aeschlimann could celebrate another stage win and proved that he is the strongest climber in the afternoon, now also wearing the polka dot jersey. With a final attack, Pirhashemi gained three seconds to Petrow and now Friday will most likely decide the GC. As a neutral spectator, it could be a pretty nice stage. Anyway, today is the quiet before the storm, a flat stage which is a rest day for some riders and an another opportunity for the sprinters (meaning those from the team LeMagnifique). So before today's stage, the standings look like this:

General classement

01. 00:00 Petar Petrow (Herakles)
02. 00:56 Afshin Pirhashemi (Team FL)
02: 01:21 Wladislaw Stojanow (Herakles)
04. 02:55 Artyom Filatov (Luques)
05. 03:18 Michael Heller (Bugatti)
06. 08:57 Caius Aeschlimann (Big Donkey)
07. 13:48 Clément Solaire (Team FL)
08. 16:03 Claudia Streng (Bugatti)
09. 19:33 Horacio Cruz (minots)
10. 21:26 Elias Tobar (Big Donkey)

Points classement

01. 277 Cian Sweenay (LeMagnifique)
02. 254 Jaime Valdelomar (Big Donkey)
03. 209 Afshin Pirhashemi (Team FL)

Mountain classement

01. 137 Caius Aeschlimann (Big Donkey)
02. 131 Vicente Cruz (minots)
03. 067 Georg Hackel (Bugatti)

Youth classement

01. 03:18 Michael Heller (Bugatti)

Team classement

02. 10:16 Big Donkey
03. 22:27 Team FL

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:10 pm

Tdf finished, FL wins. Grr, in his first real try to win a GC he wins it, too much really.

And in the end it was pretty "easy". 44" to Petrow, 2'40" to Stojanow. GC wise FL was really only in slight trouble twice. The stage to l'Alpe d'Huez, when Stojanow gained 50" to Pirhashemi, and the one to Bagnères de Luchon, when Petrow gained 2'20". For the rest he never risked anything. He controlled well, he didn't let himself get distracted by trying to win stages too, he did what he had to do for the GC, and it payed off. Probably not easy to control himself, usually FL wins countless stages in GTs, this time only 2, the TTT and the ITT. But well, that's GC riding often.
What made it rather easy for FL was that there was only one team that challenged him, Herakles. With Stojanow and Petrow. The rest? Aeschlimann was out of the GC after the pavé stage, more than 10' back, more than 11' even. FL could completely ignore him. Heller with 84 simply a bit too weak. He could have tried something from far maybe, he had very little to lose after all, but even then, with 84 mountain... he might have gotten time one day, but with FLs 85 double, he could have gained time back on him soon. Filatov passive, no attacks or almost no attack by the team in the whole Tour, Filatov once (or maybe more?) in the end, for the rest he was happy to wait and hang on Pirhashemi. So Herakles really had to do all on his own, pressure with both his climbers, keep 2 in play as long as possible, did that as well as was possible really, in the end got 2nd and third. Great attack on the way to Bagnères de Luchon, the timing of waiting maybe not perfect, could probably have gained another 20" seconds there, then he would have been really close to Pirhashemi. In the end that was his one shot at the GC win, did it well, but FL simply was too good in the end. Maybe he could have tried for stages less, the stage win to Pau cost him 2 helpers early on the next day for example, but well, since FL seemed firmly in command why not go and get the stages, no need to let all to that Donkey. But if a second team had really been in the GC, either Filatov (following on the day he was off, and a bit more activity) or Aeschlimann, it could have ended differently. Let's say Aeschlimann only loses 1' in the pavé stage (which in retrospect seems possible, ok, maybe slightly more, since Filatov lost 40" after all) + the time from the TTT... 47". Ah, let's just put Aeschlimann at 2'. Pirhashemi still is the favorite. But now he would have 2 teams that somehow hope to beat him, that could have put him under lots and lots of pressure. 2 riders from the same team, Petrow and Stojanow, are much more controllable than 2 riders from 2 teams. (or 3 from 2) and especially since the 2 teams at first at least would have had reason to collaborate to gain time on Pirhashemi. Would have been interesting too. But well, didn't turn out that way, So despite the great attack by Petrow, in the end Pirhashemi had all under control. Deserved win, hats off to Herakles for trying, in those situations sometimes it's almost easier not to try, since it looks hopeless, he tried though. Completely dominated the team classification too, this Herakles.

The rest: Le Magnifique with 5 stages and green, even if Jaime Valdelomar sometimes tried a little bit, that was never really in danger. Unlikely challenger for green anyway. But mmh, who is this magnificent manager? Nice friendly guy, but on the last day he wrote in the fairness comment: stage stage..... +ugly dots. Ugly dots? Ha, that's something the Donkey, or maybe Petit Singe and Robyklebt used to say often, ugly dots! So is Le Magnifique a comeback team? Sherlock Donks is thinking hard. Ok, just saw that Big Donkey mentioned ugly dots earlier in the fairness votes, so ok, that's where he got it from, bah. Big Donkey left a clue to confuse himself!

Bugatti: White, easiest jersey + stage hunting. IN the end lost against that Donkey often, a bit like the Donkey usually does against FL for stages.

Luques: As I said, rather passive, a bit more action, even when he came on late, the race often hadn't really started yet, would have been nice too.

minots: The usual, not always fully convincing riding, little tempo compared to other times though. Try for the ugly dots, but since for once the Donkey wanted them too, he finally lost it. Basically 1 day off too many. Would have deserved it too actually, but the Donkey in the end though he wants it, when it's there to be taken... Go for it.

The Donkey. 7 stages, ugly dots, all fine, excellent even. Didn't all go according to plan. Pavé stage the one the Donkey really fucked up. Losing time with Aeschlimann was expected, planned, go for stages the plan anyway, but 10'? I thought 5'. Then all of the sudden it was 10' Bah. But good like this finally, better than just 5' 5' back, means 6' in GC, means while back, less freedom than he had with 11'. A bit shorter leash by FL, and then others might start chasing for their stage chances too. LIke this was perfect. But the pavé stage.... yellow was the other goal. Valdelomar had lost too much time to Quimper... bad. So Tobar my secret GC threat (if I had a puller for him, I still think it would have made sense to try, but ok, didn't win enough time on the pavé stage anyway) was going to go for yellow. Failed. miserably. Not by much, still failed. Miserably. Stage? Failed. Miserably. While Caster was the favorite from the start, Knoblauch/Valdelomar could have fought a bit better than they did, especially Knoblauch. But well, was the same mistake as yellow, started to early, run out of riders, all a later start and Tobar has good chances for yellow, and Valdelomar comes to the final pavé fitter. But ok, after that (and before too, all worked perfectly for the Donkey. Stage 7 Valdelomar. Stage 10, first mountain stage Aeschlimann. Stage 12, Aeschlimann, Stage 15 Tobar in front of Aeschlimann (kind of ridiculous win still, was a stupid GC attack (for what??) didn't get the mountain points I wanted, got angry, attacked from the escape, won by a miracle) 16 Gopal 17 Aeschlimann, 19 Aeschlimann again. Last one IMO the nicest one. Because for once I had to fight for it, many of the Aeschlimann's earlier once were "gifts"... in the sense that I simply was let go, since I wasn't a danger in the GC. Stage 17 not, there Aeschlimann won from the favorites group for once. (But profited from GC stuff again) 19 was different. FL didn't let the group really go, tempo vs Herakles in the back, 2 helpers less, always good. So with my small advantage with Gopal and PIlioko, sieb in the back, Tobar rides, then Gopal and or Pilioko take over, At the bottom of the Tourmalet 2' to the group with all the classics by FL, then Tobar and Aeschlimann go, 5' on top, FL then rode, ok, didn't put in Marxer, but otherwise what looked to be pretty full gas to me, but still, Aeschlimann won it with a decent advantage. All wins nice, but for this one I had to earn it, as I said, many of the others I just was allowed to do what I wanted, this time less.

New experience for the Donkey anyway, first time that he really went for stages and not GC, often it was GC riding with little chance in the past (not in the last year, Zipoli/Zafzaf), maybe in those cases going for stages would be nice. But well, like GC riding, so regardless of how the Donkey climber duo for 2019 will develop, will plan to ride for GC again next year, Giro and Tour.

Anyway, enough, nice tour, only 7 teams, but participation was still ok. Giro was better though, participation.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:08 pm

Thanks for the nice summary. Better late than never the final standings with a big thanks for three memorable weeks:

General classement:

01. 00:00:00 Afshin Pirhashemi (Team FL)
02. 00:00:44 Petar Petrow (Herakles)
03. 00:02:40 Wladislaw Stojanow (Herakles)
04. 00:03:02 Artyom Filatov (Luques)
05. 00:09:45 Michael Heller (Bugatti)
06. 00:10:00 Caius Aeschlimann (Big Donkey)
07. 00:14:28 Clément Solaire (Team FL)
08. 00:23:31 Claudia Streng (Bugatti)
09. 00:25:17 Horacio Cruz (minots)
10. 00:31:42 Elias Tobar (Big Donkey)

Points classement: Cian Sweenay (LeMagnifique)

Mountain classement: Caius Aeschlimann (Big Donkey)

Youth classement: Michael Heller (Bugatti)

Team classement: Herakles

Stage wins by riders

4 - Caius Aeschlimann (Big Donkey)
4 - Cian Sweenay (LeMagnifique)
2 - Artyom Filatov (Luques)
1 - Kshetra Gopal (Big Donkey)
1 - Georg Hackel (Bugatti)
1 - Lukas Marxer (Team FL)
1 - Elias Tobar (Big Donkey)
1 - Dragan Tonev (Herakles)

Stage wins by teams

7 - Big Donkey
5 - LeMagnifique
3 - Bugatti
2 - Herakles
2 - Luques
2 - Team FL (TTT)