Spring classics 2018

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

Robyklebt

Spring classics 2018

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:04 pm

Didn't plan to open a thread this year (didn't last year either, that was hyper FL), since the usual suspects will just hijack it to just post their results, to show how great they are, instead of writing reports, fight about tactics, whine about bad luck etc. That's the stuff that's fun, not just the results.... So no thread this year. Except that I couldn't resist, MSR just is too much fun. Greatest classic at RSF. And in reality too maybe. But somehow the only classic whose charm is similar to watching it in reality... .waiting, waiting for something to happen, an escape, waiting, then the race starts!

Donkey changed to 10 at the last minute, home earlier than thought, and why not see the real race without having to deal with RSF too? Plus stream + RSF might turn out to be too much for my old computer anyway.

Race: Escape, 2 Donks, Tazlauanu+Innocenti, Innocenti leader. But clear pretty soon that we weren't going anywhere. Bah. In retrospect staying in the back better, 2 more helpers, but I admit it, didn't believe in Kaniuk that much after all. But ok, Tazlauanu and Innocenti just both probably a bit too weak to be in the Kaniukgroup after the sieb, but on the other hand then Vienuolis would not have had to help... And be somehow useful, which he really wasn't in the final this time. 8 man group, in the back first Kelme, then Tukh, then after the Turchino Mosca chasing. Then some time before the Capo Berta, good attack in the back by Joy, To bring Cuza in front. Almost 30" before the Cipressa, put pressure on and surprised the sprinters a bit too. But there on the first km of the Cipressa on the 5 rosario with his climber, thought counter-productive, without that Cuza would be further in front, like this further back. And rosario could profit from Cuza. But he ended up with Kaniuk to precise, perfect for me.
Siebkm Cipressa: Classics in front, next imprtant group with Kaniuk and Vienuolis, Consonni of MOsca 1" back with 2 helpers, the third helper was with Kaniuk. Expected Monfort to ride and come back in the last km of the Cipressa, didn't happen, he waited for Tukh. And then they waited for another group, Fdgames. In front they don't ride either, IMO worth a try... but at this point it looked like a sure sprint to me. Vienuolis rides anyway.. gets back to the front, since there nobody rode. Keeps riding... but being deadish loses time. Ok, let's try with Gopal. Really wanted to keep him for the end... but need to try. Nobody else riding, just letting the sprinters back wasn't going to help me. Big risk of being attacked on the Poggio, but... need to try. OK, Gopal.. and he gained in the downhill, then together with Cuza kept the advantage to the Poggio. Only down to 7". And there then the sprinters were out.
Poggio: Attack by Fraegg like expected. Rosario follows. Sanchez (Joy)doesn't ride, grrrr, but on the other hand even better, Furpach rides. Was sure he'd attack or follow, looked like the most promising tactic for him to me. Didn't, and helped keep the time gain down. Then riding, hoping, Opera some help for a later attack. Attempts to attack, somehow blocked.
Sprint. 77 Kaniuk, 73 Koidula (rosario) and Blanik (Joy). Donkey no idea how to sprint, so just went for the innovative dead train. Gopal-Tobar-Kaniuk, Of course not a good solution, but thought I hopefully then could change to something better once the sprint started.. if there was a sprint, the Fraegg/rosario-group was only caught in the last km after all. So, rosario with a train, 68 who was in attack with Koidula on the wheel. Donkey next to him, took him a while to change... Fraegg on the left goes early for his 61. Tries a strange trick sprint when the 61 goes, Golle who was directly on Koidulas wheel stops following Koidula (counterproductive trick, then Koidula has no Kaniuk on the wheel and can sprint early...) but Donkey was following Koidula anyway... but of course we won't let trick sprinters win, was clear that the Donkey would go at 150 then, Blanik in the back normally beats him then, but ok, anti attempted trick sprint measures need to be taken. Koidula went at 150 too, then Blanik already at 100 (going at 50 he wins it, easy I think) last 50 meters.... Koidula and Kaniuk, Kaniuk, Koidula... Koidula. Argh. But ok, still was fun. For the Donkey everything went perfectly really, in almost all situations (not that many, it's MSR, few decisive points) I got the best outcome.. sprint actually went well too, this sprint promised to be a big mess, went well for Kaniuk, Just a pixel missing in the end, bah. Good race for the Donkey in the end, by the Donkey too I think. Took the risk with Gopal, ride early, too early, almost payed off.
Team of the day though Joy Ride I thought, did really well, the Cuza-saving attack was good, perfect timing as well. Then rode for the sprint, where he had chances. Ok, missed the 5 with Sanchez.. maybe was following and playing both cards? IMO better to just ride there, 77 vs 73 vs 73.. chances are there. In an escape most likely less, 55 Amedeo, others 60+. Then sprint went too early, just wait in my wheel.. but ok, showed guts in the sprint too.
Other teams:
Rosario: Had a parasite team, which is ok, he used it well. Leaders, not much to support them, except the climber who did the sieb at the Cipressa, which clearly was one of the decisive moments. Rode well, followed the right wheels, did the right sprint. Good win.
Tukhtahuaev: Helping mistake... big problem of course, not having a fresh Ergun in the Poggio wasn't good, with a fit and in form Ergun... maybe too late anyway, but maybe can help. The lineup not perfect either
Mosca: Late start in the peloton, probably easier to start early, like this then he ended up doing almost km alone after the Turchino. Earlier start, all together with Tukh easier.Thought he'd then try alone, without the other sprinters, but waited. In retrospect a mistake, Tukh didn't have that much to offer anymore, (but rode of course)nobody else helped.
Fdgames: Needed to ride in the sprinters group. Didn't (I think, I might be wrong) 90 vs 91+92? Chances there, just ride. Mass.
Kelme: 88 sprinter, did the early part, not much to offer in the end, so actually perfect tactic, do the work early, let the teams with better flat do the end. 88 sprinter... didn't let his classic wait... OK, 88 is nr 4, can expect others to do it.

Donks enjoyed this years MSR! Possibly my last post here, since from now on the penis fanatics will take over, yes yes, you are all the greatest, how fantastic you all are, posting all your results here, so nice. Or maybe try some text? (Doesn't have to be Donks-length..
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Moscow Team Pro

Re: Spring classics 2018

Post by Moscow Team Pro » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:18 pm

My season classic is good but not excellent.

MI/SA is good delusion for team, with Consonni have good possibility to win but for small gap not decisive sprint.
Classic of pavé is very good with wins at Omloop, E3, Gand-Wevelgem and Schelde and good podium at Gand-Wevelgem and Dwaars. Monument not good: 5° at Vlaanderen but ok not favo rider, podium at Roubaix but Asselman good chance to win.
Very good win at Brabante with Monfort, real good race for team.
No chance in other Ardenne classic.

My personal valutation is 7, not monument is bad result, 2017 have 2 monument in palmares.

Bye bye