Afternoon Giro 2013, 14h

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

Lizard

Afternoon Giro 2013, 14h

Post by Lizard » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:13 pm

Is it too early? naaaaaah..... Lizard wanna join here! Until I know the profile, first thoughts are... which are the aims, which riders can make it... if we get enough flat stages I think I'm gonna start with Glazemaker here.

Who's planned for my team?

Philémon Bang-Bang 72-53-72-57-56, 44 Reg I hope for a regular training, he shall be the captain.
Zachary Soneau 82-71-60-52-58, 60 Reg Will drop skills until then, but if he stays in the team he might be a great helper for the mountains with the pure regness!
Gerard Glazemaker 53-59-79-54-94, 43 Reg The perfect skills for this young fella. He can win sprints, stay in the peloton, work some downhill kms, he could be THE man of the tour for me.
Wilco Westermans 71-79-78-51-53, 61 Reg The perfect classic helper for such a tour, will surely be in the squad
Stephané Morel 52-81-72-57-48, 46 Reg Not the perfect training so far, but he will be a good helper for flat stages, no doubt.
Bronco Bruni 55-80-77-54-46, 44 Reg Another good helper, and our Italian hero for the Giro! He will probably retire afterwards.

With those 6, it leaves 3 more places for the squad. At least two flat bombs will join here too for Gerard, maybe 3. In a perfect training world I want 2 flat bombs and something around 72-83 for hilly aswell as flat stages.
Last edited by Lizard on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wizards Cycling: De toenemende Ster van Amsterdam

Hall of Fame:
Adam Wollfinger (73-82-80-47-57, 64 Reg)
Herbert Königsbauer (87-60-66-54-53, 57 Reg)
Manuel Clausen (76-83-63-46-64, 57 Reg)
Tom van Amstel (74-80-74-50-65, 35 Reg)

Robyklebt

Re: Afternoon Giro 2013

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:23 pm

The stages are known

Glazemaker? Not sure what Cav was smoking before he said he saw 7 sprints in reality...might be though. But at RSF it won't be many.
Team?

1 M. Trapani: Leader
2 N. Buttu: reg helper
3 D. Gao: Sprinter, there to profit for Lizards work
4 N. Legrand: Support rider and maybe stage chaser
5 F. Mollagholipour flat rider for Gao
6 R. Momyshuly Unless he trains sensationally, mountain domestique
8 P. Scodreanu Classic without downhill
9 D. Sekiguchi Classic with downhill

+ 60-80 (or similar).
Gao-Mollagholipour clearly Wackelkandidaten. mmh wobblecandidates, ha. Sekiguchi depending on his downtraining too (well, up training as well, but since don't expect any anymore..)

Goals.. winning
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Lizard

Post by Lizard » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:26 pm

Well, if only few sprints come up, I cut Glazemaker for another classic rider surely.
Wizards Cycling: De toenemende Ster van Amsterdam

Hall of Fame:
Adam Wollfinger (73-82-80-47-57, 64 Reg)
Herbert Königsbauer (87-60-66-54-53, 57 Reg)
Manuel Clausen (76-83-63-46-64, 57 Reg)
Tom van Amstel (74-80-74-50-65, 35 Reg)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:27 pm

So he's a wobble candidate too!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:47 pm

If i will start, than in the afternoon ... but until that time "es fließt noch viel Wasser durch den Rhein!"

So a little bit early for a team ... hope Hill will do 1-2 hillskilltrainings.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:06 pm

Pff, stay at home. Water through the Rhine, what a swine! (I'm a poet)
Water through the Arno if anything, after all it's all about Firenze in 2013. Giro stage, World Championship!

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:29 pm

Giro in the Afternoon... I doubt I will have time for it. But if, the following riders will be there:

Line-up looks good for 2013, one rider still missing. Maybe a second climber, a classic rider or a sprinter. Don't know yet. So far:

x1 Roy Lichtenstein, 27 (then), climber

x2 Stéphane Antiga, 28, classic

x3 Kenny Banzer, 28, flat

x4 Stefano Benni, 32, classic

x5 Henri Bienvenu, 31, flat

x6 Benni Büchel, 26, helper

x7 Victor Fargas, 29, handyman

x8 Walter Walch, 30, helper

xx TBC (flat/sprinter/classic/climber)
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Update: After buying Lichtenstein, FL is pretty sure riding the Giro 2013. Now we start the negotiations for being able to ride in the afternoon, esp. at the week-ends. I doubt dancing naked alone will work...

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Does that mean you are looking for somebody to dance naked with you?
NoPik might be available!

Ronson

Post by Ronson » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:43 pm

In case I'll ride the Giro, I'll be here!
Wer Rückenwind hat, fährt einfach nur zu langsam!

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Robyklebt wrote:Does that mean you are looking for somebody to dance naked with you?
NoPik might be available!
Does he look good?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:52 pm

According to himself yes.. so maybe not a good choice.
I look horrible, wouldn't need to be afraid of your wife leaving you for me, so probably a better naked dancing partner. But then I have a very good character... which can be dangerous too. NoPik better after all maybe? Ah no, Falke ideal I think! Looks like me, with a character like NoPik! Safe!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:12 pm

Ape is bored, so an update to his team:

Forget the last announcement, lots changed, I have too many riders, so a first 15 riders long list

Romulus Avranescu
Nicola Buttu
Gao Daoquan
Nicolas Legrand
Fariborz Mollagholipour
Rakhat Momyshuly
Narcisse Arsène de Pellevoisin
Hanspeter Peterhans
Pompiliu Scodreanu
Daiken Sekiguchi
Abel Tasman
Michele Trapani
Victor Villa
20 year old that isn't in the team yet
19 year old that isn't in the team yet.

The ideal Apeteam of course is still the same
2 climbers
2 classics to help
2 60-80
1 sprinter
2 flat riders to help, if possible with 50-55 mountain.
1-2 of the guys then should have +/-60 TT for the TTT.

But the magic formula risks to be broken.

GC: Trapani+Momyshuly: Both virtually assured to be there. 99%
Classics: Sekiguchi, now that he's become a training fanatic, and Legrand very very likely too. Scodreanu on the other hand is becoming less likely, he's more the first replacement in case on of the 2 others doesn't convince til then. Of course with superb training he can earn his place too. Maybe even coming in as the third classic, not just by replacing one of the other 2.
60-80: Usually 2 are wanted, both with reg. But with Buttu disappointing in training, good chances it will be only one. Narcisse, but depending on the training too. The 19 year old will likely be a future 60-80 too, or something similar as is usual with the apes, but with only 2 months training before the Giro it won't be easy to earn a spot.
Sprintfraction: Here it gets really complicated. Enough there for Gao? If Gao comes, that would very likely mean Mollagholipour (good with his mountain) or Peterhans (more reg) as well. If not Gao, Villa might earn a spot. Good reg, but bad mountain skill. Then there is Tasman, who in a way should be in the classic section too... but since he's not really a helping classic but more of a sprinting one.... here. Depends on the route of course, and his training. Could be an option, a good one if he gives us some good training til then. And of course a good flat rider had good chances to be there even if Gao isn't there, never hurts to have some flat power.
TTT guys: Looks good for 2 guys, Avranescu and the 20 year old. Avranescu then probably couldn't be used for much more, a kind of little money sprinter and loader, while the new guy with lots of reg could easily become a early tempo maker or minimini 60-80. More like 55-78 probably, but since Buttu is 55-78 too. For Mollagholipour-Villa-Tasman of course it will be important how they keep their TT skills until then as well. That could swing the decision to one of them

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:18 am

Oh yeah, Lineup, lineup for the Giro... OK, it's still unfortunately nebulous for me but still.

1. Georg Preidler : Clear gc leader. Should be at least at the start at 85 hill... I hope;
2. Matthieu DeRoy : If there are enough sprint possibilities, he should join;
3. Jean PetitJean : I hope he will be around 78 flat and 65 TT... He should be my controller with reg if needed and my TT Locomotive for the TTT.
4. Yannick Frognet : Flat Bomb with downhill and a bit sprint. He will be here
5. Marissa Lopard : Flat Bomb with reg and downhill, He will be here to go in the breakeways.

Then, then then... Mmmm, Good question :

No Grossteub for sure, nor Vrunethen (well, if he doesn't train too much, he could be a good 60-80), maybe Maréchal if no DeRoy, Timonier should be in (as I don't have any classic), Dépucelle also (as he's quite cheap in his category)...But I will also see what will come in my team.

Anyway, I won't be ready for the Giro, that for sure!

Okok, updating.

No DeRoy for sure, Maréchal comes in. Also the 2 young Lemembré and Ledigé will be part of the team. For 8 place, Timonier is the fav'. So :

1. Georg Preidler : Clear gc leader. Should be at least at the start at 85 hill... I hope;
2. Yannick Frognet : Flat Bomb with downhill and a bit sprint. He will be here
3. Patrick Ledigé : Starting around 62-80 I guess, will be the perfect 60-80 we need. WIth a bit TT
4. Xavier Lemembré : Starting around 63-77 I guess, will be the perfect 60-80 we need. WIth a bit TT
5. Marissa Lopard : Flat Bomb with reg and downhill, He will be here to go in the breakeways.
6. Jolien Maréchal : Classic with downhill. Could also score in the middle moutain stage... But the team is a bit weak to ride for her.
7. Jean PetitJean : I hope he will be around 78 flat and 65 TT... He should be my controller with reg if needed and my TT Locomotive for the TTT.
8. Charles Timonier : Tremendous classic with big reg, he will be an important piece in the team.

Guy nr 9... Good question : Grossteub, Vanhuis, Jaret, DelPonte, DeRoy out of the fight. Dépucelle with the prob of no downhill and Vrunethen as third 60-80 (maybe better than the youth at the start) seems a bit useless!
Last edited by gaurain rx on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ronson

Post by Ronson » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:06 am

As of now I won't be able to ride the giro. If so, I will offer me as a sitter in this interesting group 8-)
Wer Rückenwind hat, fährt einfach nur zu langsam!

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:40 pm

its not my tour this year again ... not enough time in may ... so have a nice tour with out me (enjoy it .-)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:40 am

No Wizard after all, too bad. Let's hope he still comes back sooner or later.

In the meantime the ape team basically stands

1 Michele Trapani: Leader
2 Romulus Avranescu: TTT locomotive. Sprinter nr 2. Helper, and the guy to insult since he doesn't train flat
3 Nicolas Legrand: Classic star, so one of the most important support riders for Trapani. Can possibly ride for his own chances for stages too
4 Fariborz Mollagholipour: Flat star, good TTT man as well. Lack of regeneration a bit worrying, but having him there a plus anyway
5 Rakhat Momyshuly: The second option, he starts as support rider for Trapani, but could become leader too. Second option
6 Narcisse Arsène de Pellevoisin: The regeneration man, good allrounder who can, and probably will, work a lot.
7 Daiken Sekiguchi: The second classic star. Starting to feel the age, but with his downhill and reg still an important man. Own chances, see Legrand
8 Abel Tasman: Classic nr 3. Or more something like the sprinter. We won't expect much tempo work from Abel, he'll be more there to just fetch bottles. And sprint
9 Coolboy Zibi: TTT rocket. And workhorse. Will share lots of the work with Narcisse, those 2 will be the heart and lungs of the team.

Of course some changes are still possible

Gao, sprinter
Buttu: 60-80 that doesn't train
Peterhans: flat rider with more reg, less mountain and TT
Scodreanu: classic without reg but flat
Villa: flat rider with some TT and reg, and SPRINT

Still have chances. Depends a bit on the details of the profiles too. But, expect the team to be the one mentioned above.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:45 am

Line-up seems to be pretty fix now:

x1 Roy Lichtenstein, Leader No. 1
x2 Eddie Sixpence, Leader No. 2
x3 Stéphane Antiga, First in line, tries to keep up with the classic monsters and
x4 Kenny Banzer, if a flat rider will be needed, he's there.
x5 Stefano Benni, the stage chaser, maybe even an option for the points classement.
x6 Benni Büchel, the family name is a mark of quality. the first name is just confusing...
x7 Victor Fargas, the man for everything, allrounder with reg and even good for the flat part.
x8 Jan Flachbart, upcoming classic rider with reg and good allrounder, with some TT as well
x9 Thomasz Kowalski, TTT or ITT, he's the man for the (flat) time trials

Other options:

xx Joe Friesenbichler, the sprinter in the team could join the team for the flat stages.
xx Walter Walch, the fighting machine would be a good asset too, but with only 46 mountain a bit weak for the mountains.
xx Henri Bienvenu, another rider for the falt parts with a bit more mountain skills than Banzer, but also with less reg.

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:55 am

So we have here as far as I know:

Climbers:

Petit Singe with Trapani (87) and Momyshuly (86)
r Quick with Aloo Efoulou (88) and Melotte (87)
Gaurain Rx with Preidler (85)
Team FL with Lichtenstein (84) and Sixpence (84)

-> mountains will be for the Singe and Quick with Gaurain and FL hoping for a lucky punch

Classics:

Petit Singe with Legrand and Sekiguchi (maybe Scodreanu)
r Quick with Bech and van Impe (and maybe Dekkers)
Gaurain Rx with Maréchal and Timonier (and maybe Dépucelle)
Team FL with Benni and Antiga

- van Impe and Maréchal the classic sprinters against Benni so far with Legrande and Sekiguchi waiting for their chance.

Sprinters (possible):

Petit Singe with Gao
r Quick with Cummings
Gaurain Rx with Deroy
Team FL with Joe Friesenbichler (very unlikely)

-> So far it does not look like anyobody of these four will bring a sprinter to the Giro. Gaurain and Quick both have their classic sprinters, FL has Benni to deliver. So, Gao seems the most reasonable guess to me, although the Singe still might leave him out, due to the little number of stages for him.

Rest of the teams I don't know yet. Lizard is out. Maybe some surprise guests.
Last edited by team fl on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:05 am

LEGRAND!
No E

Gao?
No, he's not coming. REad what was written in the thread
Yes, stage 3 tempts me. A lot. But: I don't have the resources to give to Gao to try. Trapani+Rakhat the leaders. So Avranescu and Zibi there for the TTT. Legrand and Sekiguchi as main support riders in the mountains. Only 3 left..... Narcisse pretty clear. Then Fariborz. Ok, Gao as nr 9 then would have exactly 1 dedicated helper. Yes, on stage 3 Fariborz wouldn't be that important.. Narcisse useful, but if Gao not back for the last climb.... Daiken or Nicolas have to wait and ride. While in front some hill sprinter with climber, or Benni or Romelu or Maréchal with climber can still keep him away. If I don't go for GC (which might actually be a better choice) yeah, let's try stage 3, looks like a fun try. But no no... Tasman for some tries to be there when the Van Impe/Maréchal train strikes.

Actually IMO Joe is the one that makes most sense almost... Bennidays.... but on day like nr 3 or 12 or very likely 5, when Benni can't drop Van Impe-Maréchal (if they are even there)..... go for Joe!

Climbers... lucky punch... yes and no... Preidler will be followed or contained by Kwick I expect. TT there. Your 2 guys much less. No TT, less mountain, Kwick can afford to lose some time to them (not too much obviously, but some yes) so.... longer leash. Apes will be given a shorter leash too... kwick himself of course won't be given any leash at all (well, if possible) by the apes... he goes, I have to chase... or try to follow, which might not always work.... the 2 others well... long leash from me. So: FL: Long leash, Preidler and the apes: Kwickleash:) In a way FL stage wins in the mountain look almost more likely than Ape ones.. (if Kwick is gready and wants all stages too)

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:13 am

Sorry for buying an E too much, is given back to Maren Gilzer, although she seems to be at the hospital at the moment. But perhaps it works for the hEaling too.

Joe in the line-up would make me the personified stage hunter, if, as you assume, my two training deniers will be on a long leash... That would also mean to leave Büchel at home most probably. Makes my team even more expensive... Have to think about it (not that I would not have been thinking about it constantly).

And we still don't know yet who else will join us in the afternoon...

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:17 am

Long leash....
Can't talk for Kwick (well, I can, it just doesn't mean that I say what he would say or thinks)... but if I had the 2 Quick climbers, you'd be the guy on the longest mountain leash. Would basically want one stage in the mountains, then assure the GC thingy. Ok, Kwick has slightly more cannibalistic tendencies maybe... so not sure how he'll handle it.. .hehe.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:18 am

The ape does some analysis...
Pah... not posted yet, new post there it says....

1: sprint stage, clear
2: TTT stage, clearly.
3: interesting stage: Can be a bit of everything. Sprint possible. Last 6+ is far away, almost 70 km. BUT sprinters will need to invest energy to come back maybe. And there is the big problem (for sprinters) of the countless 5 (actually they are not countless, just to lazy to do it). So hill sprinters certainly with good chances. Or an escape or a late escape by classics. But my guess is: Hill sprinters. If there are any there
4: Benni nr 1? The last hill isn't THAT hard... .with one of the climbers as helper he'll not lose much and the has 6 km that clearly favor him, nr 7 at -6 not. Only realy danger somehow seems a stronger classic. Ok, a good 80-70 maybe? But keeping Benni away will be hard from him too.
5 Hill sprint again? Classic possible too, fight between those 2
6 Sprint
7 Benni? Or another classic.
8 TT
9 Benni and the classic boys.
Rest day: Clearly for alcoholics
10 Climber
11 Climber as well. At first thought might be for this Benni again, but 7 at the end makes it pretty safe for climbers...
12 Sprint or Hill sprinters. Numbers game.... but IMO the hill sprinters favored. Since GC teams with sprinter won't want to leave their GC guys too exposed in front. If I brought Gao... I wouldn't drop Legrand or Sekiguchi from the front. One of them if it looked like we can come back maybe, the second one if the sprinters are really close, 20" or so... Plus anyway, expect more hill sprinters than real ones, so they would win the numbers game anyway
13 Benni again? Probably. Hill sprinters.... difficult, but maybe worth a try... but difficult
14 Climber
15 Climber
rest day: nicotine freaks
16: Benni and the classic sprinters (Benni basically stands for strongest classic sometimes)
17 classic sprinters
18 MTT, Hubers
19 climber
20 climber
21 sprint

So... lots for classics (Benni) classic sprinters. 6 for climbers. IMO 3 for sprinters, 1 more very much depending on the group (12), one more 3 will be hard... but might work too. Depends a lot on the group too, of course, but having a 54-60 and not 50-56 helps too. Well, 50-56 won't see the sprint for sure IMO. 5+-60 can work. . Hill sprinters, all that is there for sprinters, plus 3+12 see above and 5 normally too.

AlmavivaItalia

Post by AlmavivaItalia » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:53 am

i'm lucky.

If i chooe to ride this Giro, Kyle remains at home:)

Quick

Post by Quick » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:27 pm

Will start here. Hoping not to be too much offline but can't guarantee. :/
J-Czucz hype train