Tour de France 2013 15h

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

team fl

Re: Tour de France 2013 15h

Post by team fl » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:18 am

Hope you all had a nice weekend. Today I will enjoy the rest day with full attendance. Thanks to my sitters btw. Tomorrow will be full FL action again. I hope I still know how to play this game 8-)
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:38 pm

Bah, unhappy ape yesterday
1) Gao caught.. ok was likely it happens from the start.. but was hoping a little bit at one point.
2) Groselj dominated by Tom again
3) Momyshuly loses the sprint against Preidler. Ok here clearly my own fault, should have won that, simple as that.
Strange following by MElotte, agree with luques there, didn't make much sense to follow Esteban somehow. What happens if Preidler goes and Esteban isn't following? Strange... but Melotte was still strong even after following, probably if he goes himself or waits a bit longer he could have won the stage and gained a few seconds.
GC still in Gaurains hand I think. Adams there but invisible, will very likely fill out the podium without having done anything, Melotte more mountain, but he'll lose some time in the ITT... and then it looked like he had early form somehow.... we'll see about that though.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:01 am

It was a pleasant second week. Ok, I'm lying... It was quiet quiet!

3 easy sprint stages, controlled without problem, with 3 different winners (Singe, Fl and Quickstep) and actually 2 of these 3 never rode for a ms! TT win for sowerby no surprise), escape to Lyon (hard to understand, would have been better to go for a sprint for SM IMO in order to get more green points back) and then, the only mountain stage with the steep Ventoux, again not trememdous but still.

So well, nice fl attack, even if it couldn't work, even if Deroy was alone in tempo (anyway, roy would have lost less time), Roy, the only gc countender who lost a significant amount of time on Ventoux.

Then well, I was half blind, meaning it took me 15 secs to reload or to give an order so it was a bit chaotic by my side (don't try to do secktricks in this situation. Predleir tried to sieb 2 or 3 times (well, the recien helpers and Groselj were my main targets). Then, Seeldrayers took over. Then the Luques/recien attack, 5km from the finish. Preidler alone in tempo but not for long as fl blocked my idea to counterattack :-) Then ok, last km, everybody knows what happened.

So, no real move gc wise, which is not bad for me but not ideal either. This 3rd week will provide more open stages, better for big gc move!

luques

Post by luques » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:54 pm

Another quiet stage... nothing important happens. SM gained another point for the green jersey over Quickstep.

Costa won the sprint in the second group... seems that only Ciccio isn't able to win a sprint in my team!

Esteban tried a little sieb at +7 to try taking some advantage on Matt, Tom can't follow :D i think that Primoz now has seen the light...
Didn't have much chances but was not risky at all, so it was worth trying...

Tomorrow time trial, Preidler will probably close the Tour, Adams seems to weak and passive in mountain to give him some problem, and Melotte doesn't seem in such a good shape as in Ax 3 Domaines.

Thursday Alpe d'Huez, maybe long attacks :)

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:38 pm

So well, brillant summary by luques... even if, Tom dropped but already 2km tempo and he was helping Charles! But ok, Primosz can have overall white, I don't mind! But for the moment, having white gets me some money so it's cool!

Actually, I was totally for the group to get through as nobody tried from the peloton in the second climb on the day... Everybody was riding in front so there was no gc danger! Then, strange sm move again, sprinting, then dropping... Well, really believed the group then had a good shot for the stage!

Sm's riding for green is quite strange also... Ok, he might still get it but he makes the fight more interesting everyday!

Then, final climb! Surprised we rode so slow the first 2 sieb km, then, Recien siebed I guess, Erik dropped (but not fighting), thought it was my shot but Matt strong enough to bring him back! then, got siebed behind sm (thought it was over)... but none of us both dared riding a km with our classic! It was really tight with the group behind but the red Wine attack killed the chance to comeback. And ok, last attack, sprint with 3, easy to know who will win as I begin to be an expert in group sprint winning ^^ Didn't want to win today but I take it!

Anyway, was a way easier day gc wise than I thought! So well, I really really really won't complain after today!

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:02 pm

gaurain rx wrote:So well, brillant summary by luques... even if, Tom dropped but already 2km tempo and he was helping Charles! But ok, Primosz can have overall white, I don't mind! But for the moment, having white gets me some money so it's cool!

Actually, I was totally for the group to get through as nobody tried from the peloton in the second climb on the day... Everybody was riding in front so there was no gc danger! Then, strange sm move again, sprinting, then dropping... Well, really believed the group then had a good shot for the stage!

Sm's riding for green is quite strange also... Ok, he might still get it but he makes the fight more interesting everyday!

Then, final climb! Surprised we rode so slow the first 2 sieb km, then, Recien siebed I guess, Erik dropped (but not fighting), thought it was my shot but Matt strong enough to bring him back! then, got siebed behind sm (thought it was over)... but none of us both dared riding a km with our classic! It was really tight with the group behind but the red Wine attack killed the chance to comeback. And ok, last attack, sprint with 3, easy to know who will win as I begin to be an expert in group sprint winning ^^ Didn't want to win today but I take it!

Anyway, was a way easier day gc wise than I thought! So well, I really really really won't complain after today!
Thanks to me :)
Team : SM Team
Victoires d'étape : 374 ; dont les 5 monuments et les 3 GTs !
Hall of Fame : Katrasnik: 26724 pts

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:36 pm

Damn started too fast at the TT... should have gain at least 10/15 sec on Rakhat like at the mid stage of TT

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:21 pm

Nice time trial for Eddie. He consolidated his GC place and even could gain some time against the ones on the following places. In front, Preidler distanced Adam ( now 44'') and Melotte (now 2'12''), while Wilcox from Red Wine won the stage only seconds in front of Canaris from Recien Nacidos. For tomorrow's stage, some climbers might not be 100% fit, but it seems the main contestants for the stage win are. Finally a mountain stage where the FL team management will be there personally, in company of Hugo Marxer of course.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

luques

Post by luques » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:37 pm

Good day for us!

Mario get 2 position in the gc doing a fantastic tt

Tomorrow will be very difficult, Alpe d'Huez, fl, Recien and Singe the only teams that can try a long attack (if the energy after today will be ok)... but actually the gap is really big (2-3min) and not so sure they want to take the risk.

We are at 3'53'' from Preidler, too much... probably we will just follow and try to beat him in a sprint, happy with our Top 5 position.

luques

Post by luques » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:37 pm

One day to the top... the day-after to the ground...

Yesterday the team was all happy and drunk... today we felt the hangover... Think that tomorrow i will drink some vodka to see if works...

Anyway let's comment a bit: Mario lost ground from all the others contenders except FL and Red Wine, i think that he had some problems with the helpers, at the start of the second Alpe d'Huez his energy was about 860... would like to know others :D

And i can say that Gaurain has won the Tour, Melotte doesn't seem in a good shape, today he lost again time. FL tried something also in other stages (Mt Ventoux) but was not lucky... Red Wine climber better not speak...
Singe seems to care more to the white and GPM and is very distant from the 1st place...
Depressing :cry:

Now a quote:

You wouldn't have won if we'd beaten you.
Yogi Berra

Tomorrow with vodka will be better!

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:51 pm

luques wrote:One day to the top... the day-after to the ground...

Yesterday the team was all happy and drunk... today we felt the hangover... Think that tomorrow i will drink some vodka to see if works...

Anyway let's comment a bit: Mario lost ground from all the others contenders except FL and Red Wine, i think that he had some problems with the helpers, at the start of the second Alpe d'Huez his energy was about 860... would like to know others :D

And i can say that Gaurain has won the Tour, Melotte doesn't seem in a good shape, today he lost again time. FL tried something also in other stages (Mt Ventoux) but was not lucky... Red Wine climber better not speak...
Singe seems to care more to the white and GPM and is very distant from the 1st place...
Depressing :cry:

Now a quote:

You wouldn't have won if we'd beaten you.
Yogi Berra

Tomorrow with vodka will be better!
Around 860/870 for me also

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:39 am

I think I had more, but don't remember exactly.
Anyway, RAKHAT strikes again. A gifted win finally, but ok, we'll take it. Would rather not have lost the sprint on Ventoux, but ok, bad sprint there, so take the gift here. Saxo and quickstep in front, the ape chases them with Bochini-Tasman, catching them on the first Alpe. They should have changed earlier I think. So that Tasman doesn't join, but anyway, by then the hopes for a stage from the escape were gone. In the back then no real possibility for a Rakhat/Groselj attack.... Bochini too close to help before Sarenne, Recien tried something, but he just went too late, or didn't do the pre sieb strong enough. Caught as expected, attack Preidler at the bottom, only Rakhat follows, not sure what to do, thought I collaborate a few km while thinking, then the offer for the stage came, so all ok, collaboration til the end and get the stage. Preidler could easily have won it, he was stronger and has more reg, if I go out, just attack, I very likely don't follow. If I even try. But for me ok like this, got the stage, now Gao and Rakhat with a stage, all good. GC still hard, will still see what is possible.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Grr, Eddie wins a stage, grr
Rakhat tried, but the preparation for it was pretty horrible.. so not surprising that it didn't work. The stage win in the end actually wasn't THAT far away... but would have been for another FL anyway, so doesn't matter. Good control by Pokerain, who just controlled us easily, without ever panicking. But was still worth trying, Rakhat wasn't fit anyway, start at 880, no sense in waiting and either be dropped and lose a few seconds at the end, or just keep the same place in the GC.. .Now of course tomorrow Rakhat should lose a few places, but ok, doesn't really matter either.

luques

Post by luques » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:32 pm

Today is the end...

Tomorrow sprint not sprint? don't know but good win Preidler, i think no one told you today :)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:52 pm

Priiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimoz!

Got the stage, hehe, hihi, haha. 100 form on the right day finally. Ok, lucky.. Gaurain off.. so no help.. .with Gaurain on the apes would have tried what Recien tried, an attack from far, with both Rakhat (hoping he's not to slow) and Groselj... but like that thought no... not nice somehow. Recien tried anyway, fortunately Red Wine chased, IMO the right thing to do. I couldn't help since I had nobody there except Tasman, dead, Rakhat dead and Primoz being loaded... Then a sitter came and rode to get Melotte back, or as close as possible. Last climb, Preidler in tempo.. already didn't seem very strong, not gaining that much on Melotte ahead and not dropping many guys... mmh.. then finally dropped Seeldrayers.. Ape in with some sort of sectrick at the next km, there Preidler tried the attack, Primoz blocks. Cool guy. Then.. go for white or attack? Probably one of the strongest then, put in the attack at the last possible moment... still taken, and nobody followed... surprisingly, thought maybe an FL there? And Preidler and Adams? But only the useless SM tried.. .hehe.. STAGE for Primoz! Missed white by 17"... .but right decision to attack after all, got me the stage. Lost white on Ventoux where Primoz wasn't loaded all that well... grrr. Or with the hopeless attack in the pyrenees, but was boring. Finally... thought I'd win white easy before the pyrenees.. so a bit disappointed that I didn't win it, but on the other hand a stage is nice. And Rakhat got the ugly thing with the red dots. so got a jersey, all ok.

Today though a bit frustrating day.. Gaurain not here and no sitter really kind of blocked everything. Big + for Red Wine who covered finally.

Generally... a 9 team tour.. not perfect. More teams would have been more fun very likely.

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:30 pm

Yes, my mistake to follow Preidler cost to me stage... so bad

Place 5 and 11 GC, nice, green to, at the moment -280k since the start, probably -300k with tomorrow, where I don't know what to do...

Good TDF for me, 3 stage, nice, but the training from Matt is unbelievably bad...

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:40 pm

sylvainmeteo wrote:Yes, my mistake to follow Preidler cost to me stage... so bad
You don't beat Groselj today. Adams maybe yes, you no.
sylvainmeteo wrote: Place 5 and 11 GC, nice, green to, at the moment -280k since the start, probably -300k with tomorrow, where I don't know what to do...
..... whooooo cares.. if anything it's that money fanaticism that costs you wins.... rather not try and have a rider more who can get 2000 Credits the next day than try and maybe win or maybe earn 2000 less.
sylvainmeteo wrote:Good TDF for me, 3 stage, nice, but the training from Matt is unbelievably bad...
No it isn't. From 72-55 to 83-62 is not unbelievably bad. It's below average in the mountain, very good in flat.

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:50 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
sylvainmeteo wrote:Yes, my mistake to follow Preidler cost to me stage... so bad
You don't beat Groselj today. Adams maybe yes, you no.
sylvainmeteo wrote: Place 5 and 11 GC, nice, green to, at the moment -280k since the start, probably -300k with tomorrow, where I don't know what to do...
..... whooooo cares.. if anything it's that money fanaticism that costs you wins.... rather not try and have a rider more who can get 2000 Credits the next day than try and maybe win or maybe earn 2000 less.
sylvainmeteo wrote:Good TDF for me, 3 stage, nice, but the training from Matt is unbelievably bad...
No it isn't. From 72-55 to 83-62 is not unbelievably bad. It's below average in the mountain, very good in flat.
You're nice lol, if I don't go over 85 mountain, I'm not lucky at all, but ok, flat was excellent :) if I knew it I would have trained like a 80/70...

luques

Post by luques » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:18 am

sylvainmeteo wrote:
Robyklebt wrote: No it isn't. From 72-55 to 83-62 is not unbelievably bad. It's below average in the mountain, very good in flat.
You're nice lol, if I don't go over 85 mountain, I'm not lucky at all, but ok, flat was excellent :) if I knew it I would have trained like a 80/70...

:D :D

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:09 am

sylvainmeteo wrote:
Robyklebt wrote:
So Rakhat is not lucky at all? 73 to 86 is like 72 to 85. And since you demand that your sausage gets OVER 85 before you stop your "oh oh, I'm so unluckyyyyyy" song, I should complain nonstop that Rakhat is not over 86.

Damn, I won a stage with Rakhat despite his unbelievably bad training!!!!!! :roll:

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:15 am

Robyklebt wrote:
sylvainmeteo wrote:
Robyklebt wrote:
So Rakhat is not lucky at all? 73 to 86 is like 72 to 85. And since you demand that your sausage gets OVER 85 before you stop your "oh oh, I'm so unluckyyyyyy" song, I should complain nonstop that Rakhat is not over 86.

Damn, I won a stage with Rakhat despite his unbelievably bad training!!!!!! :roll:
He's over the average of 85, I don't ask to have 88 or 89 man, just 85...

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:25 am

sylvainmeteo wrote:
Robyklebt wrote:
sylvainmeteo wrote:
Robyklebt wrote:

He's over the average of 85, I don't ask to have 88 or 89 man, just 85...
If 85 is so important for you, why didn't you buy a 73 then? Too expensive? And by the way, if you wanna make sure to have strong riders at the Tour, buy them earlier. Matt will most likely still reach your desired average of 85, if you leave him some more time. E.g. Don Quijote at the same age had 83 as well and he even started with 73.

luques

Post by luques » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:22 pm

That's TdF 15h Alk what you do here???? joking, happy that you come back , Singe's ethernal classification is still at risk :D

But ok today is the last stage, relax a bit, take something to eat and champagne to drink ;)

Gaurain won't be here :cry:

luques

Post by luques » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:25 pm

End of Tour! Thanks to all!
Beautiful victory for Alexeev, many km in escapes finally he got something.

So Yellow for Gaurain
Green for SM
Pois for Singe
Young for Gaurain
Teams for Recien

-------------------------------------------------------------

Now my personal marks of this TdF:

Preidler - Seeldrayers (Gaurain) Vote 9+:

Ok i will not give him the 10+ because he was too much off :) but perfect Tour, always controlled every stage, had always the situation in his hands.

Adams (Red Wine) Vote 8:

A bit too passive imo, but his performance was consistent, ended second in the gc so good result without having the best climber.

Melotte (Recien) Vote 7:

Ok for Melotte vote i can't really decide... he did an incredible first week and performed well also at the itt, but the third week was just a disaster for him; in the moment he had to give the big hit he fall back.

Sixpence (Team Fl) Vote 7+1/2:

Managed well both the climber he had. Eddie and Roy are a great duo, but this tour wasn't so good for them 4th and 8th position, i think that at least one could be on the podium, probably they could have risked some more. But for FL there is still the good news of Joe (8+1/2) whose results were every day better.

Matt Kurzejewski (SM Team) Vote 8:

5th position in GC, Top 5! Surely better than what he expected at the beginning also due to the Rakhat suicide attack :) Good also Brad (9), he won the green jersey!

Mario Esteban (Luques) Vote 7:

He payed really much the weakness of his team in the TTT and his weakness in the TT; after summing all it's more than 4minutes lost against Preidler. Disappointed with Ciccio (5) worst sprinter of this tour

Rakhat Momyshuly (Petit Singe) Vote 7+1/2:

Probably he deserved more but with the support of Primoz he doesn't have much excuses, won a stage and the GPM shirt but Matt is in front of him. Good performance of Primoz, missed the white jersey probably only because he wanted too much win (8+).

Alberte Contador (Team Saxo-Tinkof) Vote NC:

Can't comment on him... experience missing

derNeunte (Quickstep) Vote 6+1/2:

He missed his objective the green jersey and has been fired by Quickstep (NEWS), but Quickstep can be happy with the performance of Trierweiler (8)

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:07 am

Also at least 8 for Erik lol, I joke :)

Very nice tour, happy with that ^^