Tour of Yemen 15h

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

Zentaron

Re: Tour of Yemen 15h

Post by Zentaron » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:43 pm

Beschwerden über das Fehlen eures über alles geliebten Königs bitte an meinen Cousin. Hab ihm zum Geburtstag gratuliert und letztlich zu lang mit ihm telefoniert.^^
sprint victories:
2007: 33 (30 since buying licence in april)
2008: 54
2009: 36
2010: 47
2011: 34

The Fantastic Four: Ewen McBright, Perry Niclas, Aigars Cakls & Frederic Iatiknu

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:00 pm

Schade, wärst willkommen gewesen. 11 teams better than 10. Grrr!
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:04 pm

Robyklebt wrote:Schade, wärst willkommen gewesen. 11 teams better than 10. Grrr!
but not much
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:35 pm

Pff... the more the merrier!

Anyway, favorites... open,

-Eickendreyer 88 mountain with 85 helper. Plus reg. Looks good
-Omar 87 mountain with 83 helper, hopefully training, a bit more TT, no reg. definetly in the race.
-Mastrangelo, 87 mountain, no helper no reg, no TT. Just follow Omar would be my tactic. So definetly in the race too. Sad as it is, damn parasite, grr
-Elsener 84, maybe training, 81 helper, has reg. Outsider like in the Andes, reg could help.Good classic support.
-Araujo: 1 of the double EQ leaders. 85, his problem could be that BW-Petit Singe have the teams to control the mountains a bit, and 'only' 85 doesn't help.
-Klebt: Superstar, white... hard, Elsener has that almost assured. But again.. training? But, attention, he has the best classic support, ok, with fresim.
-Izquierda,81 another white candidate 61 reg, fairly isolated. training, etc. of course huge outsider.
-Saronni, 65 reg, 59 TT, but a completely new team, no chance for me.

Hansen, Mattarozzi, clearly start as helpers, no Urganov... with him I might have ridden for him again...too bad he's gone, not really confortable with that 37 reg... so Hansen Mattarozzi basically seem out, but who knows.

GC prediction: Bergwerk and Petit Singe will mostly define how the fight goes. Both have tendency to fight each other a little bit too much, that's the big chance for others to profit.. like fresim almost did in the andes. Mastrangelo... he could be a huge asset for Omar. And Omar a huge one for Luigi... but it could go the other way around too.

Sprint, we should get 6.
FL Gaurain the main guys, followed by BW and Petit Singe. challengers, fresim for 2.

TT, Todea the best value, I'm excited! Ok, let's go loading a bit more...
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:34 am

What happened with Mastrangelo yesterday? Why was he not in the front group?

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am

bergwerk cycling wrote:What happened with Mastrangelo yesterday? Why was he not in the front group?
Very surprisingly, he could not follow the tempo of Farny. Fighting was not in, but I thought it would not be necessary. And then the whole bunch of climbers worked together.

Thus, the first day in Yemen was a katastrophy for Team FL. Not only did Luigi lose more than 1 min in the GC, also almost the whole team is wasted today. I was pretty pissed off after the stage, I didn't even took the time to do the fairness voting. Anyway, it happend and I can't do anything about it now. So, "Mund abwischen" the show must go on. Therefore, an even more motivated Team FL will be at the start of the coming stages. Luckily, Luigi did not lose a mountain skill in the training, but lost one TT skill. As far as the GC should be not in reach anymore against Eddy and Omar, this does not hurt very much.

During the day, my favorite analysis will follow.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:30 am

Luigi slept.
Omar sieb. Hansen gone, Luigi gone.
Omar out. Mattarozzi out too, waiting for the 2, Hansen rides, Luigi doesn't. Then that was it for Luigi. 6 in front, perfect 2+2+2, well almost perfect. Your sitter took ages to realize that he should ride wth Hansen once in front. EQ and me collaborated immediately, he was sticking his finger in his nose and doing not sure what. But ok, once he realized it it went well.

Dante:
Yes, everything worked out well yesterday. White? Let's see if I manage to get it today, normally I should, Diaz should lose time.Then keep it? No, not really a goal, the real goal is yellow for Omar. He didn't get is yesterday, that's ok, we'll be happy to get in in the last week. Opponents? Still the same. Today? We'll see, today some of the guys beaten yesterday should attempt to strike back, Gaurain, fresim, FL, let's see if we can profit from that somehow. A stage win? Of course I would like to win a stage, but the GC for Omar is more important.

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:45 am

... finger in the nose ...

with my riders :shock:

but that's ok ... i believe, there are bader countrys to do that P:

thks for the Explanaision (Erklärung?!?) ... but that was a great gong at the first stage for Luigi!

sittinbull11

Post by sittinbull11 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:35 am

2 stage
Dirk vannest won the stage after Solo from 249 km at end he stil at 1.38 Left and 170 power Michel vermoten was the perfect helper today to make the success complete Eq2 Mounten rider Andy took 11 sec on faverites for tour at the end .

the must have been sleeping in peloton when igor wend for attack and andy joined his teammate at 5 Gaurain Rx was the only team that saw the danger and attack right after . With his help andy took yellow but andy already told the press thathe not gone sacrifies his Team for yellow jersey his goal is to end in Top 5 of this Tour .

I other Mounten stage today With 17 km long clim at the end i think today the real faverites will give i show .
good luck all

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:00 am

Although yellow changed, still Eddy is the main favorite for me, right before Omar. But we have seen yesterday that bergwerk has problems at the end with only one good classic rider next do his climber diarchy. Guess today, Eddy will get it back, the yellow. So far, EQ is the main attraction in Yemen, followed by escartinos who was rather quiet yesterday.

Another interesting fight will be for white. fresim with Elsner as leader and the Singe with Mattarozzi as helper for Omar. Don't think there will be laughing third...

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:47 am

Yep, sleeping in the peloton, it wouldn't have really difficult to get Dirk, but nobody wanted to spend energy. So he passed, cool win, finally a win for EQ!
GC, nothing really changed, agree with FL. Ok, BW really profited from fresim at the end... I would have helped coming back to the peloton, nothing more... and would have been 15" more then. But fresim riding for green probably? Won't be easy, and not sure if yesterdays 11 points were really worth it. He'll need both stage 7 and 9 I think to have a chance. But my best guess is, he wants green, otherwise the tempo at the end made no sense really. Even before, it was clear that Dirk was going to go through earlier. Ok, could be that Elsener wasn't loaded, so protect him from further losses, possible too. Kind of mysterious... but then it would have been easy to open the race earlier for the others too, a sieb, get rid of fresims 5x guys, but nobody tried that either. Ah, green, Green favorite is Jahn, he already has 2 points! I would be Conti, pure class, but he went for the mountain points, he wants that jersey now.
Ah, white, Elsener 1' back, still favorite I think. Like I can't really have stage wins as goal, I can't try to protect Mattarozzis GC place to get white. Except if he becomes leader of course, not completely impossible, but not really really likely either.
So, the jersey prediction: Eickendreyer yellow, Jahn green, Conti red, Elsener white.
In other news, the early evening destroyed Gaurain's calm... he's not too happy with anything for the moment it seems. So, warning, never ride the early evening, it really must be horrible for your psyche!

Titus Olteanu comment:
That was too easy, I'm disappointed. I still had energy, I still had power to spend, but we really went slow. Asked if we could make it harder, but Epeho told us no, let's start tomorrow as fit as possible, plus let's protect Fabulous and Yrjönpoika a bit. Too bad.. The last 50 km could have been a hard battle, but nobody tried to make it that. I'd have liked it harder.... but again, Epeho said, we're not going to start the hostilities, if someone else does, yes we'll play and try to gain time, but we're not going to start it this time. Too bad.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:13 am

Ha Joker even Joker has more mountain points than Conti, he is just the better climber
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:55 am

Fabulous has the winners touch needed to achieve great results, that's the difference.

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:36 pm

It looks like a parallel race Anden one month ago now... Eddy is wearing yellow, but Omar is waiting for the timetrial now to catch it .-)

But we will see what will happened ... after the day yesterday and the fresimday in the anden .... there can be a suprise day.
And tomorrow a Freddyvictory to make me happy at all ... jiaaah.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:46 pm

Omar, second career win! Ha... ok, third if you count the GC...
Not much happened at first, a fresim sieb at the last climb, but with Todea in front was no problem... probably no additional helpers would have been enough to come with Fahrny at 1000 and Mattarozzi at 990+ to the last climb... but Olteanu-haryono-Leibundgut came back anyway. Climb, not too surprising, but not too clever attack by EQ... Mattarozzi on the wrong one 2" back, Hanson in front.... gains second by second.. then attacks... 13" in front.. ok, strange... why give me command of the situation, Hansen or Hanson had no chance to win it... first km 2" gaines with Mattarozzi, would easily have gotten him.. then... mmh, ok, Fahrny goes, same km Eickendreyer goes, Fahrny 1" ahead.... 8" at the end, 2" missing to get yellow.. which really would have been nice for 2 stages, but ok. wasn't to be. GC now Eddy, 2" Fahrny, then the Hansen/Mattarozzi..
Loser of the day Chlek, now 40" back, and even more Araujo, who seemed the more logic leader, who is 1'50" back. Elsener 1'39" in general, today only 25" finally, could have been more actually, Mastrangelo and SheepKlebt 2'08"... Not counting Elsener out yet, never trust fresim! But SheepKlebt and Mastrangelo.. very likely out, yep.

Omars comment:
Yes, good win. After we didn't get any Grittibänzä this morning I wasn't too happy but finally it worked out anyway. the first climb which was very hard, we took it easy, Fredi riding up softly then not much happened. Then the final climb, wasn't as we thought it would be with the early attack, but worked out well, when I attacked I didn't look back, I just went, got Hansen, kept going, then really went for it again on the last km, enough to drop him. Really happy with this win, showed everybody that I can win stages too. Would have done that in the Andes also if Epeho had not wanted to see Shamshi win. But here everything changed, now they trust me. They are right, I'll do the fantasy double, Andes-December.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:30 pm

Finally the first sprint.. was time. Conti third, bah.. was probably his best chance I thought. FL there, Gaurain there...... who will follow the lower one? My theory was neither, or if, then Gaurain.. so, go early Mr Conti. Wild card Jahn and CipCip... in that constellation one of the 2 on me was possible, even likely, but's lets see... then no FL, really unlucky tour for him so far, Sitter Lizard didn't show up... sucks, everything changes. But sucks more for FL actually. For me, thought ok, Prebuisson follows Cip, Cip goes early, I'm fucked, but went ahead with my plan... which was fresim (since maybe he hopes for green? plus has to go early anyway..) or Cip himself for me.. Then Cip didn't go early, but Prebuisson followed the escartinos, same result. Problem for Fabulous, from now on Prebuisson can "control" a bit. He is the strongest, he can theoretically let Schmarotz the wins, we all know where he will have to hang from now on, and look for 2-3 places.. Jahn and Conti and cip still there of course, but well, we are weaker.. But will see... Fabulous not giving up yet on win nr 33, even if according to me today was the best chance.

Frédéric Montandon:
That was hard.. I'm still really fucked from the first 3 days. Today was better, yes, but I started so tired, that I didn't even have to help the others for most of the race. ok, made tempo on the first hill, Teddy told me to start in front, even if the tempo was high then I wouldn't be too far back, make an even rythm, look strong, cross that damn hill near the castle again, and then relax. Worked well.. even had Fahrny bringing me bottles at one point. Ok in the end I had to protect Markku a bit from the wind, as well as I could. Really hope tomorrow I will have my legs back, like this it's hard.. only really appreciate what Mori usually does now. Hats of to him. He actually would have been riding today too, not just hanging on in the peloton. The sprint, well, Fabulous is Fabulous, but he can't always win. He'll do it tomorrow. Plus Prebois soothing Beethoven he let us listen over the radio probably didn't help, know it made me crazy. What about some Pink Floyd as usual?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:07 pm

Very boring today.... too easy the sprint here, but no hills there, no other way to take. Sprint, again Gaurain, this time Lambert. bah. Conti beaten again... 6th, Yrjönpoika 7th... bah. Next 4 sprint stages should be more interesting though. Sunday...not even sure if we manage to get the sprint there, lots will depend on Gaurain and FL, do they take their chances in front with their classics or full for their sprinters? And ok, Conti might not be there for a sprint anyway... Karenztime fight for him maybe. But first GC fight again tomorrow, 2 mountain stage.. second mountain long, but actually fairly easy, not sure how it will go there... think I know how the start will go though...

Yrjönpoika:
We kind of fucked up the sprint today, both me and Fabulous. But I'm learning a lot from Fabulous here. His way of riding in the peloton, his placement before the sprint, really fabulous. Then ok, we were all a bit closed in today, All on the right, then 2 escartinos went on the left, Lambert followed, the first Escartinos then kind of blocked everybody on the right after leading out Gutierrez, no, not unfair, he had to go somewhere, but we all had to stop and restart, then it was too late. It happens. But I didn't have the legs to do more anyway, it hurt Fabulous more I think, he could have won, I'm sure. Now let's see how tomorrow will go. The climbs are long, but with Montandon and Leibundgut we should have no problems staying in the race.

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:59 am

Team FL will try to finish the first week at least a bit decently and then tries to forget it as soon as possible and start new at Sunday (perhaps a sitter starts..). The first week was just a nightmare. Luigi lost more than 2 min in the GC, we missed the first sprint stage (bad Lizard!!!) and the sprint yesterday was a desaster.

In general, the tour was pretty interesting so far. Eddy gained, lost and gained back yellow, but Omar seems to be in good shape and is close on his heels. The fight for green seems to be interesting too, although I think the sprinters are pretty much out of the game, at least Schmarotz. Gaurain still in a good position though, dominating the sprint stages so far. According to this, Team FL will act in the coming flat stages next week. In the meantime, the fight for white still is very open too, Materozzi in front of fresim's young climber. But who knows what happens next week, as fresim's climber is the clear leader while Materozzi is back-up and main helper for Omar.

Still, most exiting teams in the first week are EQ and escartinos.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:08 pm

Pff, a nightmare even though you were shown nice pictures every day?
Disagree about green.
Eddy has it, yes, 55 points, the 4 first sprinters are at 48-46-45-41. After yesterday expected a sprinter to take over today, didn't happen, the sprinters, not Schmarotz or Conti, yeah yeah, are within 15 points. Get 4 sprints? IMO then Eddy has no chance. Get 3? Sprinters still look good. Plus occassionally their are intermediates that are takeable for sprinter teams, today 1, stage 8 2, stage 10 2, but close to the goal. Green for me, favorites the sprinters. Well, Prebuisson nr 1, Jahn nr 2. Don't really think any other sprinter can get it right now.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:03 pm

Omar!
Stage for Spiroux, yellow for Omar, 33" over Eickendreyer now. From now on Omar will be the chased one I guess. But for the sake of harmony and a nice playing environment I would like if nobody tries to gain time on him, let's start a harmonious RSF week, we all ride together and don't attack. Ok, maybe not.

Plan was clearish from the start... attack at the first 10. Afraid too many people in the escape, put Haryono in, 2 reasons. 1 Maybe get the sprint at km 16. if not, be a break or a reason for BW to ride. Or BW to join actually ok too. But in a way hoped for nobody in front... And hoped for Elsener, Chleck in Dantes wheel, and Hansen too. Just to be sure he went blue. And hope for nobody in Omars wheel... Ok, was Elsener in Dantes wheel, but offline.. would have been interesting to see how it works online actually... and no Chlecks.. and no Hansen, but Eddy. Shit. But Haryono in front, reaction in the back slow, FL missed a km, , Gaurain didn't really go for it either, BW rode, what pissed me off immensely.. what the fuck is he riding for, he's won it. Basically was out of ideas there... ok, bring Haryono over the hill, then downhill haryono, wait one kmt there but ok. Eddy threatened tempo in the last km of the climb, he's crazy, what an idiot, rides behind, now eddy, just ride with hansen! OH... Hansen not there, had actually thought it was Hansen with me.... thinking, thinking....

Then ok, first Mattarozzi, the first idea of BW, ride with all actually had some appeal too, all would have meant no Mattarozzi for me though :) Ride
Then, the decisive moment, Km 102 EQ double attack, most climbers incl. Hansen follow. Had actually been thinking about trying the attack with Fahrny at km 100, a 9.. but no, to close, Hansen fit, Fahrny already one red attack... another one, even if the group is 2' back.. that's very likely not enough... then 102 the attack, ok, let's try 105, no all weakened... go! And Fahrny went! Mattarozzi too... BW 1'14" behind Omar, Mattarozzi comes up rides, maybe try with Fahrny alone actually better there... but didn't think about it even, only a PN asking why not now got me thinking.. shit, maybe better, not sure. Not that much energy to spare actually... under 600 after the attack. (or a few km later maybe?) Thought about going in blue with Fahrny some km, didn't finally, probably that better too... Eddy then rides himself, I would have excpected Hansen to ride... Hansen til 1' or so, should have been easily doable, Mattarozzi lost 40"+ to Eddy, Hansen probably not weaker than Eddy, so ok , 1'10"-1'20" something then... then take over with Eddy who then probably would have been stronger than Fahrny. Like this, Eddy came back to 21" at one point.. then Fahrny took over, ok idiocy, missed one km, resp. was testing, blue with Fahrny, lost 6?" seconds. or 3"? Then ok, idiot ape, Fahrny red, went, won 3" per km, all good. But in the back the Gaurian group, grrr.... wasn't sure at all, then ok, seems enough, if he attacks, which he fortunately did. uff, 29" gained on Eddy, 35" if you count the intermediate in Kuhlan... all good. Now not so sure if alone would have been better, really just didn't occur to me.. not sure.. again, not so much energy to spare.. but fairly sure I didn't do the max after all. But ok, 5" more and probably
I win less, Spiroux will have to try in the group longer. 20" more though and he maybe gives up.. mmh, be it as it may, it's 33" on Eickendreyer now. Doesn't look bad.

Omar:
Told you, I'm here to win, that was just the second act. Felt good, good legs, Eddy tried to follow me, but he just doesn't have my class. And now you see what I could have done in the past with help. If Epeho had trusted me from the start, given me Mattarozzi as a helper instead of riding for Urganov. Urganov in cases like this won the stage? Yes, but he was nowhere to be found in the GC, Of course the stage would have been nice, but I have one and see 3 other chances to win one. the last 3 days. TT? Of course, why shouldn't I win the TT? I'm strong, I feel excellent, ok a bit tired after this ride, but still excellent. Go alone? Epeho told me no, wait for Dante. he rides first. Did that, think alone better, but ok, always good to have somebody with you for a while longer. Even if Dante was really slow actually... but he did his best, that's the important. Unlike before, when I didn't get the help I deserved. Now 33" enough? Plan to win with a minute, probably alone I get that today, but we want to keep the spectators interested after all. Of course there is no question I'll win this, but let people who don't know yet tune in, Eddy fans etc, leave them some hope, good for rating I guess, that was probably Epehos thinking. Since I'll win anyway, ok. Not sure I can hold myelf back at the next mountain top arrival though.. .

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:10 pm

Well, a little analyse needed for this rest day.

Globally a nice tour... Would be better if all teams would be on on each stage (we've lost 2 times fl and fresim (always on the good days for me in the case of fresim, he should be my multi), the eagle and pepsi are like ghosts and cipcipis not really active). So finally 5 teams totally in which is a bit few... But never mind, the quality is there!

Design quite good actually... Offers different tactical options and managers can really express all their skills. And the stage wins are at the moment shared between different kind of riders: 2 for the climbers, 2 for sprinters, 1 for a classic and one for an escaper!

Anyway, stage 1 put a big blow to the gk fight. Singes vs Werkers, that would be the fight... All the rest became outsiders (I know Eq was in the group too but I don't have faith in his chances). They took 1'08 on each other climbers... Their talent cause they decided to cooperate brillantly with 6 guys, my fault in part cause I didn't ask fl helps on the right moment (downhill kms) and my stop tempo (loss of 40secs or so). It was possible to do better than it, we culd have comeback with a perfect serie.

On stage 2, I really thought that a big fight will occur. Singe, bw and even wih only 1 classic on this "hugelig" profile. Fresim with an armada, fl with 3 good classics, Gaurain with a double 74 great combi... But nothing happens, nobody tried to open the fight. Scared by the HC stage of the next day... Maybe. Anyway, I thought fresim would try something. I was ready, in his wheel to help him. But he decided to ride for Lenka. Started to late he finally failed in his attempt. I could have siebed and see who was ready to help but didn't. Was scared to kill my guys before the important sprint stage 4. Anyway, Attack from my classics 15 km from the end.. Thought fresims were in my wheel. None was, unfortunately.rode with Chleck who took yellow. Took p2 and 3 of the stage.. But was highly unhappy. Not for the loss of the win but for the passivity of the gk outsiders (fresim, fl and Gaurain)

Stage 3 was more classic. Hard 15 km climb at the end. Nothing or quite nothing happens before it. Then, Eq surprisingly attack on the begin of the climb. My classics, 20 secs behind, saved me and fresim. Robywalrus was fighting hard to stay in the fresim train. A bit to hard cause he was finally siebed 3 km from the top after saving once again the fresim (mm; saved him 2 times, him 2 times off on stage where he was fav' and with his absence giving me a chance, surely a fair deal :-). Omar beat Eddy for the first time in this tour on the top of the hill!

Stage 4, easy sprintstage. No fl but ok, good work with the ape and bw... Then nice counter attack of Escartionos. Made us a bit swear. Sprinttactic from gaurain was easy. No fl, so need to assure points for the green jersey. Search the safest wheel, was the 84 of Escartinos. Bw in Prebuibui's wheel but I surely got an incredible luck bonus and him and Jahn the contrary. Won with 10 lenghts gap.

Stage 5, same thing but with fl in this time. It was even easier. Sprinttactic easy too. Riding for green, need to cover the opponents so Lambert on Escartinos and Prebuibui on bw or Ape. Then, all was perfect. Escartinos launched the sprint, only Lambert following... Won with a year gap too. In the back, Prebuibui beaten by Jahn and Schmarotz so not bad that all goes from 50.

Stage 6, incredible battle. A wonderfull stage I guy. Here the big fav' fresim doesn't show up once again. Anyway, I'm not sure he would have been able to get rid of the climbers with Oumar. So, soon attack uphill from the ape... Followed by bw and the off fresim... Didn't knew what to do. Thought I got no chance with my classics if it started hard. + really didn't know who to protect anymore. Hopefully, bw stayed in tempo, fl joins and I get in... Protecting Maréchal and Spiroux with one guy (and yes, Walrusklebt the first guy at the time). The downhill, gap 1'35 at the end. Decided to change the tactic, all protection for the Roby guy. Fl classics went in tempo but took a severe loss. Eq went in, siebing Maréchal, brillant Spiroux stayed with... Then he decided to attack. Brillant for me cause Maréchal was 6 seconds behind. Decided there to go full for spiroux (so Roby protectig him). Maréchal took back the climbers group, Eq did uphill, Maréchal the flat km... But still 1'40 or so to take. Only 8 +6 km to go, I knew I had a real chances that spiroux stayed in. He doesn't need to fight when Walrusklebt was in tempo. Then bw siebed... Dunno why. At the top, spiroux in action to get the climbers on the street. Then, bw and eq obliged to do the downhill to take time on the ape. 43 secs left for the last 5 kms. Spiroux tempo in one, then attacks... Nobody could follow. And took farhmy just at the final km! brillant tactic from the ape. Gaurain not bad too I think :-)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:22 pm

Yep, Gaurain is right, finally only 5-7 teams active most days, a bit more would be nice. We'll lose our skills to ride in big groups like that...

Today, from Sana to Al Mukalla, we almost missed the flight because on the way to the airport at an intersection, while our bus was stopping for a red light, a cyclist overtook the bus and turned right, Markus, immediately took over the wheel from the driver, kicked him out of the bus too, and started chasing that cyclist, nobody attacks yellow he yelled... he really takes our yellow seriously it seems... After 5 minutes we could convince him to turn back, but then we spent another 30 minutes looking for the driver. The rest of the transfer was eventless, nice flight no turbulences, Ape Air, excellent service, although kind of hairy stewardesses.

Prebois:
Bullshit. I'm not sabotaging anything. Yes, Gaurain is my former team, I have excellent memories from my time their, 27 wins, of course I talk with Monsieur Gaurain, I was in his team my whole career as a rider! But I'm certainly not throwing wins his way, my job here is to do the best for Fabulous and Markku, that's what I do. 2 sprints, 4th and 6th, of course it's disappointing. But I find the gossip quite insulting, I'm here for Petit Singe, why would I secretly work for another team? My job is on the line? Look, I have a contract, if Petit Singe feels he doesn't need my services anymore, he can pay me out. Instead of accusing me of sabotaging the team. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't, right now Fabulous has had a bad stretch, but we all know he still has the class to win.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:16 pm

Brr, horrible day, no connection with RSF at my computer, neither at my wife's, unless she turns her awesome VPN on. Well, actually there is some sort of connection, just not good enough to load the flash stuff...I can load the points page, no problem... so at my wifes computer... hope connection comes back, she won't let me use it every day I fear... even references to the famous "Duties of wifes" book might not work in this case. Mmh, now that I think of it it never really works anyway, she claims not to have read it. Might have to write it for christmas, good idea! Excellent present.

Race: If fresim was here the whole time probably no sprint... Gaurain sitter OL with connection problems, he drove me mad.. first ok, Fabulous dropped... as I said before, might be necessary to go without him, then that's the way it is, no problem, Fabulous is kind of oldish and maybe not perfect for these stages anymore. But here wasn't necessary at all, the siebing started way to late, easy with Fabulous... and Ol first waits, good, then second time instead of waiting again, presses on at first... no need for it, just wait for Fabulous and we get them anyway. Could have waited for collaboration beyond securing yellow for a long time if he doesn't come back. Then... when it's 1'30" or even more, suddenly he waits..... ok ok, Gaurain had SheepKlebt in the back, but who cares, was so late with the sieb that we were always going to come back. even if fresim shows up 10' earlier, we come back..then ok, waits, then ride.. OL with his problems first nobody, then Cordaro until probably -500 energy:) Easy sprint, sprint... the plan was clear and logic. But with the Gaurainmix of sitters I had no clue what kind of sprint they were going to do... the one I would have expected from Gaurain, or a different one? So changed my sprint in the last km... original plan Guti wins, ok he fought, tried good, but blah, let's try for Fabulous in case the sitters do strange sprint and assure a workers win, if possible mine, if not, those who follow, if nobody else steals Gutis wheel, which I 60% expected... didn't really have to be Gaurain again though:) But ok, Fabulous second, bah, how about first one of these days? Since finally OL waited we'll keep working for MS. Although don't expect too much of Fredi and Kusi tomorrow!

Fabulous:
These stages used to be the ones I loved most, in my best time would have been the favorite, would have been in front of the peloton if anything, not chasing in the back. Finally Gaurain waited, there really wasn't a reason not too actually. Then the sprint, Prébois ordered me on Gutierrez in the last minute, did that, almost worked, except that Prebuisson was on my wheel. But still 3 more days, I won't give up, for sure.

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:44 pm

Well well... I have send a pn to 3 person : Ol', Nopik and Aix. Ol' told me he could probably sit me... But ok, wanted to be sure there will be somebody... And if something misworkded with somebody!

Consign were clear : 1. Riding with the whole team for the sprint. 2. Waiting for Fabulous. 3. wheel choice was mine and have been done as I've asked. Well, come 2 or 3 times on the race and hesitated to ask to put prebuibui on Gutierrez... Which wouldn't have changed the result basically... But surely the way I feel about it. But ok, Conti's wheel was a green jersey choice. COuld have gone wrong, there it went perfect. Anyway, I actually changed from wheel with Prebuibui on each stage. Dislike to take the wheel of the ones who helps but there, no real choice. Surprised fl's sitter didn't take prebuisson. I said clearly I go for green... So means in other words: Prebuisson normally not on Cedric.

Happy to win, Happy for the gap I take for green. THank to Ol' and Aix, they have been brilliant!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:52 pm

Oh, I thought you'd be on Guti.. and if you had been there yourselfI would have been on my original choice... just changed because I wasn't sure if all those guys had their orders :D Grrr... next time say: We have orders and then Gaurain maybe doesn't win! Probably. Mmh. Not following the ones that help? Well, then we just all dont' sprint anymore. just need to tell escartinos too help and you have no free wheel :lol:

Can somebody post the top 10 or so? Still not reaching RSF from my computer...Want to see where Lambert (?) ended...