The afternoon Giro interview corner

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

The Owl

Re: The afternoon Giro interview corner

Post by The Owl » Sat May 21, 2011 2:56 pm

The owl:

- The second of 3 hard mountains stages, the first of 2 ultrahard ones, is the team ready?

yes they are motivated, but we know we don't have the best team and this maybe a problem , but all the team will work for Ange and his hope of gk

- In the GC you still are 20" ahead of Erdemann. Will you try to attack him today, to gain more time or will you rather ride defensively?

i will see but like i said in previous question my team is weaker than Erdemann's team but if i can take time i do it!

- Getting the maglia rosa back today seems very possible, is that the goal for the day?

the maglia rosa is a goal for the tour and not only for the day! ^^

- RSF decided to ride the Crostis. Is that good or bad for you?

i don't like km 174 to 180 but the rest is cool for me

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed May 25, 2011 10:17 am

Please, no interview at the week-end!!! I usually oversee them... Thought Mr. Klebt would know that...

- Mastrangelo seems to become stronger and stronger during this Giro. Now he is regarded as maybe the strongest pure climber in the peloton. Green and stages still the goals, or do you think about the GC too now?

Well, unfortunately stage 15 worked not that well, so the GC is definitly out of reach. The main goal is still Green and perhaps one stage for Luigi.

- Mastrangelos biggest problem seems to be his lack of recovery between stages. It seems unlikely that he can fight for the stage win both today and tomorrow. Which of the 2 stages is more important for you?

Luigi refuses doping very striclty. Thus, he lacks in recovery, yes. And as the past showed, he could not win any stage so far.

- Erdemann, Girard, Mastrangelo, one of those 3 or will somebody else manage to surprise the big 3 today?

Which stage was it again? I guess Dodo Erdemann was the strongest climber so far. Nipp was the most surprising.

- You are expected to be fairly well represented in the gruppetto too today. Do you think Wesley and Schmarotz wll survive this 2 hellish days?

No, didn't think so back then and i was right, sadly.

- A prediction for the winners of the 4 jerseys please!

Maglia Rosa: Erdemann
Ciclamino: Schrödinger
Green: Mastrangelo
White: Nipp
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed May 25, 2011 2:57 pm

US Lecce

- Corvia right now is still in the fight for the podium. Is that a goal now?

- Do you think Pandev and Bojinov will have chances in the next 2 days?

- An escape, GC fight or a big favorites group,what do you excpect of todays stage?
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Us Lecce

Post by Us Lecce » Wed May 25, 2011 3:04 pm

US Lecce

- Corvia right now is still in the fight for the podium. Is that a goal now?
Yes,indeed,but it will be difficult.

- Do you think Pandev and Bojinov will have chances in the next 2 days?
Don't know, but I won't ride.

- An escape, GC fight or a big favorites group,what do you excpect of todays stage?
I expect a big group winning with a little bit GC-fight...maybe from Allagen,like he always do.

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu May 26, 2011 10:00 am

Interview for Gaurain Rx:

- Dear Gaurain, you have been very quiet the last days during the stages. Thus, an interview here to hear something from you and get you the attention that you deserve. Are you happy about this?

- Jurgen Bellinckx, your GC-captain, is only on place 16. Have you hoped for a better place or is this what you have expected? Do you think you can still reach a Top15 placement in Milano?

- You are one of the teams that still lack a stage win. Although there are not many stages left, do you will try to get one for your palmares? Or have you already given up on that?

- Last but not least: You are one of the few French speaking managers in the peloton. How do you cope with that fact? Although you understand it, would you prefer more English in the race chat or do you give a damn about what these (mostly) "Germans" are talking about?
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Fri May 27, 2011 2:40 pm

- Dear Gaurain, you have been very quiet the last days during the stages. Thus, an interview here to hear something from you and get you the attention that you deserve. Are you happy about this?

Pouah, has said, manager has to go in Gent and Spain for the funeral of Wouter and Javier... The team has been really affected by these deaths. But happy about what? The attention you give me by this interview... So, a real thanks to Team Fl for this interview :-)

- Jurgen Bellinckx, your GC-captain, is only on place 16. Have you hoped for a better place or is this what you have expected? Do you think you can still reach a Top15 placement in Milano?

Well, Only goal was to beat the ape..; it's unfortunately over... Too often offline and the Ape always profites from Allagens work... He fears to fight 1 vs 1 with me cause he knows he can't compete! But ok, who'll remember Bellinckx was 10,15, or 25... It really doesn't matter... Gc was not an objective!

- You are one of the teams that still lack a stage win. Although there are not many stages left, do you will try to get one for your palmares? Or have you already given up on that?

The team always try to win... But win nothing won't be a drama here... We are in building... The manager has new projetcs for the team developpment with a new training programm and new bikes which will make us really strong before the end of the year.

- Last but not least: You are one of the few French speaking managers in the peloton. How do you cope with that fact? Although you understand it, would you prefer more English in the race chat or do you give a damn about what these (mostly) "Germans" are talking about?

Well, English, German or French is the same for me... Anyway, I see that the German guys when they use German, It's always for "fighting" or insulting each others... So it's really really funny to read it :-)

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Fri May 27, 2011 9:05 pm

LittIe nterview Allagen, Lecce!

Allagen

- What a great Tour you rode since now... What can we hope for you for the last weekend. Podium? Gk p2 or Rosa in Milano?

- You have been the great animator of the hard Moutain stages. Was it planned to attack everyday?

- Will you show the Jersey tomorrow again or will you calmly assure your gk position?

US Lecce

- Corvia actually gk number 3. Maybe one of the best placed gk rider we've talk the less about. Is it an advantage to have so few mediatic pressure or to be not count as big opponents by the other managers?

- Today, you took some seconds back. How much time will you need against Nipp to be fully sure of your podium place? Do you fear not reaching this goal?
Last edited by gaurain rx on Sat May 28, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Fri May 27, 2011 10:41 pm

- We've only seen Mathe, Allagen and a bit Mr Ape put you in danger. Was it an hard Tour to controll? Did you expect more gk attacks (or from more managers anyway)?
Last Saturday and Sunday there are many dangerous km in the end ... one more attack and i will be beaten i think. 6 Riders at the end with 0 power, only Dodo with enough power. This week i expected more attacks, but it was at least not so bad for me i think.

- Did you feel always confident about a future gk win or was it hard moments for you, where you think everything was lost?
The first day with the missing teamtimetrial i think its over with the missing 30-40 seconds. But in the first week Dodo was fighting very good an gets second to second.
And at last Saturday after the great ride form allagen i feel frightened again, but on Sunday it was much harder ... i can't react in the end, but owl work for his rosa jersey and at least for me too. Since Thuesday it looks much better for me! You see there are enough moments ...

- See you on sunday with Rosa on the shoulders?
Thats my great dream, specially after the last tour where i lost yellow with only 1 second on the last day in the timetrial ... don't want to see something like this again.
Last edited by bergwerk cycling on Sat May 28, 2011 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Owl

Post by The Owl » Sat May 28, 2011 10:21 am

The Owl

- Are you happy with how the Tour goes for you and your team? What were your expactations before the Giro?
it's my 1st tour who i'm fighting for victory, i'm happy with that but dodo is better than me and he has a bigger team team. When i see the player in the 15hour group i'm not sur in the beggining to be in the podium but today 2 and maybe better in the end! it's really good performance for me. I win a stage and have the rosa a few day, for now it's a good giro for me! maybe he can be better...

- The podium seems in the pocket for you. Anyway, we haven't seen you yet attacking hard for the gw P1! Will it be the case tomorrow?
if i have an opportunity i take it but with dodo i think it will be difficult!