Afternoon Dec Tour 2021, Atlantic Islands Tour

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

Robyklebt

Re: Afternoon Dec Tour 2021, Atlantic Islands Tour

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:51 pm

Another strange stage and no new winner. But Wout still favorite for stage 11. And Gabel of course for stage 10, so we'll get new winners soon :lol:

Group goes, I was thinking about going for some points in the cat 2, but missed the attack, tempo too late, was gone. Oh well, with Hoffmann not riding for anything really was no problem, he didn't even try to get the points at the cat 2 and 3. max 35 available, he got 21. Unlucky too. Stage then, but with a long solo in the mountain, riding the downhill too, until caught.. don't know if that made that much sense really. So still 14 points back 4 HC, 1 first cat and one cat 3 left. If Asier manages to start stage 12 fit, somehow I should be able to defend that...

Anyway, after the group when the stage favorite T-Mobile did... nothing. At all. Until it was over 10'. Even then, just riding slowly green. Already clear that the group was a danger then, but after bringing basically the whole peloton, minus Majerus, over the top... what was the point, why even ride at all then? Just ride! Why this reluctance, almost fear of riding early? The late riding today was way more pointless than any early riding would have been. Basically on top of the HC climb Mobster had no more reason to ride. ZERO. Stage gone. For green? Not let Schwackhöfer get into an escape, ok, then put somebody in green safety tempo at 30km from the end. Or try to get rid of the sprinters in the hills, that you tried, didn't work, but for that too a harder earlier part only benefits you I think. How would I have done it today Mobster asked?

Load Skoglund, Kohl, Ritzinger for sure. Then you have the choice between Eckerstorfer and Hofbauer. Group goes, control early, or if only after it's 10 min, then go FAST there. Red. And don't wait for Majerus each time. He rides back green, slowly, only benefits the group his team mates are in. If he rides back red, ok, wait for him maybe. But... Gipfel can just give him a companion really. It's nice to be nice to weak riders (Gabel is very weak btw) but no need to overdo it, coming back green, no helper, ok, forget him.
Then ride the hill much harder. not green with the guy who was already in tempo a bit. Sieb with Unai. Then ride back up with either Kohl or even Eckenstorfer. Then see if green Unai is soft enough, after helping the first part maybe it's enough for Eckenstorfer? But anyway, in this situation looking at the teams I would have gone for the Hofbauer fit version, then Unai up green, hopefully enough for Kohl, without fighting, otherwise pointless, in that case just ride with Kohl. In the back the Donkey will ride with Tran up, STakhanov down. Vs Kohl that's MINUTES. Falkenbier better team, probably Zielinski? Still should be a good gap. Then on top: AAD should have 7 riders. Ask for help, you can even try that earlier. Yes, he has won so much already that he isn't all that interested in more maybe, but with Karatzoglou there, why not? The group in front in this scenario is rather unlikely to go through after all. In his place I probably would help. Even if he refuses (unlikely) still continue, Unai downhill, then ask again. End of the downhill and the hilly part you can control well, lose a bit in downhill, win back in hilly part. Even alone, once Unai is done, change to Hofbauer or if Kohl rode before Kohl. With those 2 you can get to the end of the hills, to km 145 or so rather easily, then of course 30km with only 2 riders is hard, but worth a try, Hofbauer+Kohl in tempo together, One of them should still be fit, the other one used but still usable. But most likely AAD would help on top of the mountain.
But today really was your job to work early. If AAD hadn't won 5 stages already, he can maybe join early too, but like this... you do the first part, you do the hill, maybe there he can start to help talk about Nöbauer, keep him or not? Then downhill Fortnow helps, etc etc. Normally the back can't come back, the front is caught, Ritzinger blocks, then the sprint. But for that you need to work early. The worst case? WE come back and sprint for the win and Bosilj is favorite for green.. .worst case but IMO not that likely, coming back from the deficit from the main climb isn't really that easy, of course I would have helped too (if Gabel is there) Moretti back at some point.. but him and Quaghebeur are really the only meaningful help I can give Falkenbier.

Anyway, then Mobster was unlucky in the final sprint, new version had him ride into Karatzoglou, getting blocked instead of going left as the flash version would. But not that much changed really between Bosilj and Skoglund. Like before, 3rd place gives Skoglund green, if Bosilj wins. Gabel will of course try to help Skoglund. As for Schwackhöfer, IMO difficult still, only 3 points back, but normally he will lose tomorrow. Somehow 7th seems the max. so 10 points back. On stage 10 he gets minimal points only, if any. So the intermdiates, pavé stage and last stage.. possible, but not automatic especially last stage seems difficlt with Hoffmann likely to attack and go in the first climb...
So still Skoglund, but by not riding early today he made his green dream somewhat unnecessarily difficult.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:32 pm

Ok. My tactic for today was: Load Schwackhöfer, Detreköi, Karatzoglou and Nöbauer. First two with priority, if Moja somehow decides to make a hard race Detreköi should be my life ensurance. Wasn't planned to ride against Skoglund but especially after the stage yesterday (me making the tempo to secure a sprint chance -> Mobsters work yesterday), for sure he has to show he wants to ride for the stage. Means he has to start the chase. That thing worked well but greening up the mountain was definetely to less. I then stayed in to rescue the team classification for the day and as Mobster didn't went out I thought lets do as it is for the stage and try to get rid of the sprinters later on. If I help later on or not? Don't know, would say 60% yes.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:48 pm

A sprint stage and Falke wins, no surprise. Franz tried to get the points on the rode (what worked) but was to weak to follow Alexandros wheel. 2nd sprint was too much, was trying to weaken Alexandros, but was not enough. In the end I should have lived with the 2 points and try to get 5th or 6th. Now 12 points behind Skoglund, already think its out of reach.

Chase for Yellow Jersey, after 10/12 stages
00:00:00 Boaz Trakhtenbrot (Alive And Dead)
00:04:49 Toni Berg (Team-Mojabahs)
00:05:00 Atila Hun (Palasteam)
00:05:44 Ivan Ardilla (Big Donkey)
00:06:33 Levente Peter (Palasteam)

Days in Yellow Jersey
5 Boaz Trakhtenbrot (Alive And Dead)
5 Franz Schwackhöfer (Alive And Dead)

Stage wins by riders:
4 Klemen Bosilj (Falkenbier)
3 Boaz Trahktenbrot (Alive And Dead)
2 Franz Schwackhöfer (Alive And Dead)
1 Thabani Mbule (Falkenbier)

Stage wins by teams:
5 Alive And Dead
5 Falkenbier
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Weezel

Post by Weezel » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:56 pm

Those sprints kill my nerves to be honest.
Yesterday this new-version-shit, today Gabel lost the wheel of Boselj. But thanks to the realistic sprints from the Donkey (I really appreciate it!), Skoglund could finish as second and this was even better than expected.

Now the race for green jersey:

Skoglund 127
Boselj 123
Schwackhöfer 115
Berg 95

As I don't expect Boselj to make any points, Schwackhöfer could be the hardest opponent. Especially because of tomorrows stage, where he could get a good result.
Manager von T-Mobile-A

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:15 pm

Not much to say, sprint, easy, only Palas wasn't afraid of tomorrow and tried to go.

Then the sprint, Van Gödrich tries the 1 man sprint, was never going to work, but why not try. And with that seemed clear that Bosilj wouldn't win green. Skoglund third place assured normally. Unless Falkenbier can time it in a way that Van Gödrich ends up just in front of Skoglund, but that's almost impossible to plan....After all most likely at the end Skoglund will be just around one bikelength behind Bosilj.
But well, turned out differently than expected. At 350? Or even 300 Mak goes right, kicks Bauer who was pulling the Moja-train there up left. Behind Bauer though Schröder was trying to overtake Bauer, but was blocked in on both sides. When Bauer moved left, Schröder went straight ahead. So cutting off Gabel from Bosilj's wheel. STage chances go, Skoglund already saw his green chances gone. But Gabel once he managed to get free sprinted full power, thus carrying Skoglund to second place and green. IMO the realistic thing to do, that's what any sprinter normally would do, boxed in, once free still gives it all.

The blocking actually wasn't unrealistic, so while I don't know if that's wanted or a bug...IMO kind of neat. The kicking up of Bauer through 2 Falkenbiers of course isn't, but in this situation Schröder who is ahead gets out before Gabel is fully ok.

A bit annoying for me, best sprinter, but against a superior train, worked well together in all relevant stages, today my best chance. Until now the difference in sprint was 0.7333333 or so in my advantage, bah, let's make it 0.75.. Today 1.25, considering that in our first sprint it was +/- 8 pixel,.... I could hope for more today? But well, energy, today both virtually full at the sprint, our first sprint was hillier, so possible I had more energy that day, who knows. Wasn't a guaranteed win for Gabel if he kept the wheel of course, but surely could hope. Well, next time then.

Green, yep, now looks good for Skoglund. 4 points to Bosilj who won't be on tomorrow. And even if... not really his terrain with the hill before the intermediate. Schwackhöfer today got 4 points in the intermediates, but then was too weak, respectively Karatzoglou too strong to follow him. Place 9 at the end. Probably 6th if he can follow Karatzoglou? But 1 more point today the way he did it, so all ok. But with Skoglund getting second today... difficult whatever way he tries. I don't think he can get that back.

So tomorrow Gipfel stage (I will win it though of course), Moja white, Donks or Moja red, favorite Donks. Mobster green, we need to let Palas win the team classification or the last stage! (But I will win that too, sorry)
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:53 pm

Won't comment on the stage fight, as I didn't even follow the race situation in front. Was focused on keep Boaz in the race without killing too many riders for tomorrow. Second goal was to check if there are possibilities to get back sprint points. First goal was fullfilled pretty well. Boaz with the worst pave skill managed to survive pretty well. Toni Berg tried early to get time between them. Looks like he overpaced and lost 4'30''. Ivan Ardilla could also be dropped in the last hard pave section. In the final kms. Detreköi was still to strong for Boaz on +5 *** and so Atila Hun could win 11''. Skoglund was way to strong on climb+pave section, tried to get rid of him with Oetker early and get the points with Schwackhöfer, but Skoglund stayed and sprinted for the 6 points, Schwackhöfer in green tempo could get 2 points. The second IS was then out of reach for both so Skoglund 18 points ahead at that stage. Schwackhöfer could finish the stage on place 8 and gain back 8 points. So extremely close in the race for green until the very last stage.

Chase for Yellow Jersey, after 11/12 stages
00:02:55 Philipp Hofbauer (T-Mobile-A)
00:04:49 Atila Hun (Palasteam)
00:06:11 Ivan Ardilla (Big Donkey)
00:06:22 Levente Peter (Palasteam)

Days in Yellow Jersey
6 Boaz Trakhtenbrot (Alive And Dead)

Stage wins by riders:
1 Thijs vanWout (Gipfelstuermer)

Stage wins by teams:
5 Alive And Dead
5 Falkenbier
1 Gipfelstuermer
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:50 pm

Today Thijs saved the tour for our team with a nice stage win on a difficult pavé stage. How can it be difficult for a guy with 87 pavé? Our directeur sportif did not pay much attention when he made the form settings for December and also when he made the line up for this tour... should be fired this guy... so Gerbi and Fischer were not in the team and so Thijs' only pavé helper was ageing Mathieu Majerus (37 years but still 79 pavé!).

The Donkey of course saw our team's weaknesses and rode perfectly for Moretti. Sieb the Gipfelstuermers early, then ride, then sieb Mathieu and Thijs on the hill, keep riding, then some funny help from Moja... ok that part was probably not planned but brought Moretti 9" plus the saved energy ... really the perfect tactic and seemed also perfectly executed (as far as I can tell from new version with all it's bugs), so I was panicking a bit at over 1' disadvantage. But Thijs was too strong on the long *** stretch at the end. Nice win for him. Merci Thijs for saving this tour! Now 3 out of 7 teams have won a stage ! We are basically in the better half of this tour! Hihi.

I mean otherwise would have been a big disappointment this tour... even with a cannon fodder team I don't think we ever rode a 2 week stage race without a stage win? Well probably we did years ago, but not in a 7 teams race so would have been a tough result throwing us back years in the teams developement! OK, now I am exaggerating... But still, glad that this AAD/Falkenbier dominance is over! Well, it might return as soon as tomorrow but for one day the other teams can feel some hope! And then the tour is over anyway.

Not sure if I can be online tomorrow by the way... family obligations... let's see. If not, thank you all for a nice December Tour! Wish I would have had more time for the chat and so on. This time not, but maybe next stage race. Well, maybe you are happy that I don't spam in the chat. Here it's easier to ignore my nonsense ;)
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:45 pm

A bit late, but for once had to sleep soon after the stage yesterday.

Thijs almost unbeatable in this group. So he won, deserved and nice win, a demonstration of his strength.

Stage started fast, with a Tran sieb. Or was it Stakhanov? My brilliant plan was clear, sieb early, ride back up with Basterretxea, then let others do something for a while. Worked well, except annoying Oetker rode too, for green, so Asier couldn't come back, but then on top Oetker stopped, Mobster brought Asier back, Asier got 10 points for the GPM without riding. AT least I think I had him out in time.... nice anyway. Only mistake here was letting Gabel fight, not sure why, plan was only to have Tran or Stakhanov fight, the one that wasn't riding there... Somehow left it in for Gabel, took it out, he then dropped fast and far. Without that stupid fighting IMO he would have come back to the peloton after the mountain, like this not.
Next was action for the Intermediate, Skoglund, looked good. Then.. that was the time of the race I wanted to do nothing, load Lambert and Moretti, and maybe ARdila. Did a short sieb to split the peloton in stage and GC parts, then relaxed, 1 helper for Ardila in the back, 1 for Lambert and 2 for Moretti, except at times only 1 too. In the back Berg tried to stay away from the Boaz group, incl. Ardila. 2", was an attempt sure to fail really, just ride along in the AAD group there. Was clear that in the mountains then climbers would come back, and Moja already had most of the team around Berg... unlike others who had pullers in front

A few km before the midstage hills tempo Stakhanov to drop the Gipfel helpers. In the back Tran to get an advantage to the climbers group hoping to be able to use his am loader again after that. That didn't really work, but with Trans forcing Berg who probably had been fighting dropped behind the Boaz-group. Then the hills, the second last one with 11 6 11 I think, there I needed to drop Wout. Wasn't sure I would, but worked. Perfect. Not perfect in the back though. In one of the hills Boaz went in. Nice. But then short panic, what if he drops ARdila? Better put in fighting. And forgot to take it out after.... In front around there a mistake too, a few km before, maybe even just the km before, there was a moment when the Vespa Espariat group stopped riding, for some reason I thought it's better to keep Espariat in play? So stopped tempo in front too that downhill km, mistake of course, cost time. Then the hill, Moretti dropped too, but just a bit, Wout further, and he then waited for Vespa. Whom I kept closer without reason after all. But ok, if that group was further back maybe he goes for Majerus. I think he was in front? And dropped that km? Don't remember really. No downhill for Majerus, but Wout could do that himself, downhill costs little... if Vespa was too far back. Anyway, then Lambert time, advantage went up to over 1'... then Majerus vs Lambert when the flat started, Lambert did well. There I was hoping, but not too optimistic, I knew that once Wout goes in he would come back really fast. He went in, in front for obvious reasons Moja (obvious because those who followed this Tour have noticed that this time around he seems to want to make tempo when it makes no sense, and nothign when tempo would be sensible) then Moretti. And there I started really hoping, because Wout got back less than feared. Thought that if I reach the slightly uphill part, or then the final with 7 3 3 5 or something, I would have a chance. Unexpectedly Wout was much stronger on +3 than +1... I think there was a km I only lost 1" on +1?But then 5" on the +3. And soon become obvious that the more selective +3 did much more damage to Moretti than expected, hoped, More mountain, but seems the TT and suspect the flat too was much more important here. Moretti caught, only gained back 2" on the 7, kept losing on the 3 and even on the 5. That was unexpected. Thought if I reach that 7 either alone or with Wout I have my chances, but would have been hopeless too. Just too strong. For stage I think a good challenge, and it also all worked very nicely, much nicer than imagined, I could really stick to the rough predetermined plan, usually never happens, but just too strong this Wout.

In the back, in the flat Stakhanov rode, was tempted to go out to have us lose time, but continued, happy that STakhanov was weak enough so that ARdila could follow. Oops, he has fighting still in... argh, out... then dropped him, continued this game, hoped that maybe Boaz was stupid enough to put fighting in, so tried a few km like this, but well, pretty obvious he hadn't when I retried, still ARdila dropped. Before was always at the same level, once even ahead (well he has a little more pavé) Anyway, I kept siebing ARdila, at some point AAD thought then he rides a bit, in the end almost 40"?`But doesn't matter much, important today was the fitness of Ardila and Basterretxea, GC is gone anyway. Hun finally gained a few seconds, he probably could have gained more if he had ridden green or blue with his riders one of the many times he was ahead after a sieb by 2"... But this way was safer and for him too, to be 20" closer or futher away doesn't matter. And second place today should be his anyway.

Stage: One possibility to beat Wout would have been a cooperation Nöbauer-Moretti. After the Lambertsieb I wait for Nöbauer, we then ride together and sprint for the win... but Nöbauer was back with Boaz already at that point. I would have left him in front.. .no helper, somehow didn't seem to make such a big difference, Espariat mostly without helping after 30 km didn't have that much less energy then the 2 helped guys. But was nicer like this, another win for AAD really not necessary. Plus I preferred to try to beat Wout in a 1 vs 1 anyway

GC: Berg collapsed, seems out of the podium fight, Hofbauer now second. Gipfel even mentioned that Mobster should have ridden for GC with him, but that really was hopeless IMO. Hofbauer probably got the absolute max he could get today, in the back I think AAD could have been faster if he wanted. But there was really no reason. And even if Hofbauer now had yellow by 5', AAD going all out today could still have gotten that back, ok, 5' maybe a bit much. But this clearly was a climbers tour, pavé was only to be decisive between climbers. In our edition all clear before. If ARdila was a 86/87 climber and Apicella still 85 or 84, I would even have brought 3 climbers here. No Gabel then though...

So today, red for Basterretxea. It seems pretty clear already, but just don't let Hoffmann come back is the main goal.
Podium for Ardila, don't care that much really, for me Hofbauer can stay second or third, but think he will lose it almost automatically.
Stage win for Ardila, yes! But somehow looks rather difficult vs Boaz.
Team classification! Ok, this tempts me a bit, but not going to actively ride for it really, ok, try to bring Espariat in as fast as possible, that's it.

Lots of uninteresting tasks for me, the most interesting fight doesn't involve me, scandalous. Green. Skoglund vs Schwackhöfer. Too lazy to time travel to see the standings, but if Schwackhöfer gets intermediates and his minimal points at the end could be enough? But yesterday still thought it was Skoglund normally? We'll see.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:57 am

Last stage, Basterretxea!

The expected Moja attack early, for stage, not for mountain, despite that I rode to go an get some points for Asier to catch him back on the first mountain. Same 2 guys then went again, ok for me.

2nd mountain, Asier tries the solo. Way too far, can't work. But AAD with 5 stages might not be too interested and just let me go, 10+ min who knows... But then the surprise. Moja actually does the logical thing and attacks with Berg and Mayer. Mayer pulls, Asier waits, a bit too late actually, spent another bit of energy for nothing there. Richter doesn't make it over the mountain in front, lack of vowels hurt him I guess, Schröder then the downhill. Next mountain Mayer. There it looked non unlikely the group would go through. In the back AAD seemed not too interested. Here probably Palas should have ridden a bit in the downhill before. But... the favorite is still AAD, if you ride him to the finish he can't just let others the win somehow, so not riding was ok too I guess. I probably wouldn't have either in his situation.
Anyway, next mountain, Mayer rides, in the back Boaz siebs. And el guapo and fighting.. .this time he wasn't fighting. Looking at how little he lost in the rest of the climb, riding alone, he probably could have followed. But then not ridden all probably, trouble maker, so everybody was happy to be rid of him. IN retrospect even me!
In front then the downhill, Berg rides. Asier not, Mayer with his low downhill skills neither. If Berg had tried it alone from the previous mountain he probably would have dropped me and gotten the stage, like this got podium instead, maybe that was what he was riding for. Anyway, the next climb I joined, saw that I wasn't fighting or if minimally, stayed in in the downhill, out in the flat, attack on the 14 3 km from the end, 14" advantage, clear win for Asier. Berg gets third in GC, Hun second. Ardila the with his never ending fighting troubles stays behind Hofbauer and gets 5th.

So happy to have gotten my stage, better that then podium which probably today I could have gotten quite easily. Just use Asier for Ardila. Instead of misusing him for an attack that made little sense, but got us the win.

Moderately interesting stage really. IMO Palas might have tried to ride the second last mountain with Peter, yes that's the riding for AAD I wouldn't do, but then a few km break in the downhill, charge Hun with Peter, back in, so not to lose too much, then the group is caught. And Hun or Boaz or ARdila wins the stage. Ha!

For Ardila, I probably should have waited with him for Espariat, then collaborate with Mobsi, go on the last climb. A fresh or freshish climber would have gained loads of time there, but not for stage anymore normally. 4' to Boaz+Hun there at the bottom? Very fresh can work, on high percentage the time gains are huge, but not to Berg
But finally ok like this, after all Asier won.

GC, Race was really over after stage 4. Of course Trakhtenberg was the favorite before stage 1 started, but if we had managed to keep Ardila+Asier, Hun and Peter, Berg close, in the last 2 stages somebody might have been able to cause trouble to Boaz. Moja with his team, Mine and Palas' weren't bad either, 2 climbers. But was over on stage 4 finally. First mountain stage.

Fight for green interesting, Skoglund got it.
REd riding is boring, Asier got it rather easily once I decided to go for it.
White easily won by Berg
Team classification, dominated by Big Donkey.

Ok Tour, a few more teams would have been nice, CC to win all the stages AAD and Falkenbier won combined. Ok, no need for him then... Seven Down, FL, others, anybody, but a few more would have been nice. As usual. 7 wasn't that bad.
Very mountainous Tour as expected, GC made boring in our group by the fact that the best TT climber was also the best climber...

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:46 pm

We went in the last stage with a fit helper team. Idea was to sieb early and push to avoid very dangerous attacks. If anything goes for the points jersey we wanted to try. With 2 mountain strong Mojas attacking early we already gave up on that idea. Oetker was starting with under 800 and we didn't want to totally kill him and weaken Franz before the ultra long 3rd last climb. So green was decided soon. GW to T-Mobile-A who defended it well in the last stages. Franz just came in the position to try to go for it because of the win in the first flat stage. Without having any chance to win a stage with Karatzoglou I still think it was the right tactic, but was too afraid to kill him early in some stages and focused more on Boaz. Yeah not neccessary you might say, but still. Moja with a nice podium attack for Berg. Didn't think he really goes for it for once, but he executed it very well. Going very slow on the 3rd last climb and brought Nöbauer over the top losing minute after minute. I thought I might force Palas to do something about his podium but he just gave some comments about losing a place to Berg. Never thought Berg would be a danger for Boaz but I also wanted to have some kind of buffer for the final climbs. Then the +22, +16 climb, in with Boaz distance Ardilla and try to convince Hun to ride together to get his podium back. Worked great. Thought about stopping at the top if he really refuses, then he might just ride with Peter all the way, me with Franz some minutes back. GC should still not be in trouble then and Boaz should not have lost much more energy up the hill. If it would have been about the stage win Palas needed to ride with his flat strong non classic guys after the hill. I am still surprised he didn't do. Tactic if it is about the stage win the same. Probably harder to get the cooperation with Hun, or he takes some kms to rest, would be ok.

Chase for Yellow Jersey, final
00:04:53 Atila Hun (Palasteam)
00:07:51 Toni Berg (Team-Mojabahs)
00:08:11 Philipp Hofbauer (T-Mobile-A)
00:09:16 Ivan Ardilla (Big Donkey)
00:11:07 Levente Peter (Palasteam)
00:15:27 Franz Schwackhöfer (Alive And Dead)
00:19:09 Pierre Pagie (Gipfelstuermer)
00:20:18 Csaba Békés (Palasteam)
00:21:01 Thomas Mayer (Team-Mojabahs)

Days in Yellow Jersey
6 Boaz Trakhtenbrot (Alive And Dead)

Stage wins by riders:
1 Thijs vanWout (Gipfelstuermer)
1 Asier Basterretxea (Big Donkey)

Stage wins by teams:
5 Alive And Dead
5 Falkenbier
1 Gipfelstuermer
1 Big Donkey
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Weezel

Post by Weezel » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:24 pm

We are really happy to save the green jersey. It's a little bit weird, that Skoglund with 0 stagewins can beat Bosilj with four. But the points from that sieb-stage got us this jersey and the wanted palmares-entry.
Hofbauer 4th place is really great - only 20 seconds missing for the podium.

Looking forward to the tour in january!
Manager von T-Mobile-A