Kolbeinsson 77,7
Matsubara 79,4
Matsuishi 80,9
Matsushita 78,0
Matsuzaka 71,9
Quttiboyev 74,5
Valdelomar 79,6
Wiedmer 75,9

Good support team I think, just the leader is missing.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

team fl

Re: Spring Classics 2019

Post by team fl » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:54 am

Kopinski seems to be the second Peterlin. Always with good results, but no important wins. 2nd at Omloop, 3rd at RVV and not 2nd at PR. The positive thing about it is that the team seems to do its work very well while Karl is unlucky in the sprint so far (Maybe lack of experience? He is only 24 yo yet). Riders like Coolman who Always gets him back in position, or the 37 yo Afifi, Rossard and Spirito who helped him at RVV getting back in front and the tempo riders in the peloton around Spaeth, Funk and Zwerver.

Anyway, the opportunities for Team FL seem to be over after PR, as now the races are left that recquire other skills. But then again, Kaiser and Satour, Rossard and Luca are ready for action. And if that does not work, Kopinski will be ready in 2020 again, most likely :).
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Robyklebt

Re: Spring Classics 2019

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:20 pm

Afternoon Paris Roubaix:
Interesting but boring. Predictable but unexpected moves.
Wasn't a bad race, the great Tukh vs Chartreuse match. no 1+5 in pavé vs no 5. Only Falkenbier with no 2 really missing, To make it THE race of the day. Like this, 2 very impressive teams, 4 Tukhs with 80+ pavé, 3 Chartreuse. There's only 48 riders with at least 1 point in the game now (1 Chartreuse retired though) would be 49 with him, maybe others did too.

But then the big drop, next were 3 Donkeys.... only 1 at more than 80 pavé, 2 just below. So in a way it was all very predictable... escape goes, the question how big, the 2 probably find an agreement to ride, then the Donkey tries some things, without success, in the end Tukh or Chartreuse wins. That's how it went. Escape really too small to be taken seriously, only 4 riders, the chase started rather early anyway, I thought they could have waited till the first pavé... or almost. But ok, Tukh decided to start early and go slow... I would have thought maximizing helping until the first pavé and idea, but didn't matter in the least. Then so it went, the Donkey as expected tried some siebs, but never got the one I wanted... .Chartreuse with a farmer right before my first planned attempt didn't help... Then ok, the predictable Donkey attack, chased, no chance, as I was pretty sure it would be... Good control in the back, and then surprisingly early attack by Pankratov and Brodar, followed by Alaphilippe. Km 231. In the back then Alaphilippe's teamates chased, for Boeuf and to put pressure on Tukh I guess. On the pavé some Valdelomar, for pressure again.... Carrefour de l'arbre nothing really happens, except the Donkeys dropped in front (the 2 that escaped and were caught by Pankratov, who was riding) Over, in the back still Roubaix for Boeuf, last pavé, attack by Matsuishi and Valdelomar, Matsuishi comes very close to Pankratov. In the back Boeuf tried to make tempo, but decided in the last second, too late. If he had been on time the race would have suddenly become VERY open. Then Boeuf is very close to Brodar and Alaphilippe. But with Boeuf a bunch of other similarly sprint strong guys, Kalenchuk, Tukh of course. But also Schuster, Lünen, but his leader was Schuhmann he said.. weird, he too should have gone in at that pavé... Anyway, then the result would have depended fully on Chartreuse, he still agrees to go in with Alaphilippe in front, same as now. He gambles and goes for Boeuf, then a very open sprint. But nobody blocked that km.. Matsuishi close, then Brodar+Alaphilippe decided to ride, of course gained time immediately. 14" in the end, 4th Valdelomar at 36", At 48" Krüger with his trademark last km attack, an earlier one, like on the last pavé would have been way more sensible.... And Matsubara who was hanging there.... Pankratov back in the peloton, as part of the riding deal in front he dropped back. All the way to the first group seemd overdoing it a little, he would have deserved to sprint for 3rd with Matsuishi.... but ok, Tukh seems a strict manager, you win or you drop to the peloton.

So, Brodar with a nice win, of course the Donkey kept telling Tukh what Tukh did wrong.... hihi, but he did allright. A bit early the attack, there was the risk of having the peloton coming back unsiebed like that, but worked well. The Donkey 3rd, 4th, 6th... Good placement, money money money, but well, he simply didn't have the team to do what he wanted .(Win) Tried a bit, but again ,the difference between the 2 topteams and the rest was simply too big, unless the 2 fought each other too much and did big mistakes, nobody else was going to win here.
Next year, Quttiboyev!
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!