Spring Classics 2019

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

team fl

Spring Classics 2019

Post by team fl » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:55 am

It has begun!!! The spring classics are here, although spring is not ready yet. So far, three Belgian races were ridden: Omloop, KBK and Samyn. They will be followed by Strade Bianche on Saturday and culminate at RVV on 7 April. In between is MSR at 23 March, La Primavera, THE spring classic when it REALLY begins.

After that, some more Belgian races and then two more monuments with PR and LBL. How exciting! Are you excited too? I am, Hugo Marxer is, forget about tours, let's ride classics!!!

The schedule (monuments bold):

- 01.03.: Omloop Het Niewsblad
- 02.03.: Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne
- 05.03.: Le Samyn
- 09.03.: Strade Bianche
- 10.03.: GP Industria
- 17.03.: Ronde van Drenthe
- 20.03.: Nokere Korse
- 22.03.: Koksijde Classic
- 23.03.: MSR
- 24.03. GP de Denain
- 27.03. De Panne
- 29.03. Harelbeke
- 31.03. Gent-Wevelgem
- 03.04. Dwars door Vlaanderen
- 06.04. GP Miguel Indurain
- 07.04. Ronde van Vlaanderen
- 10.04. Scheldeprijs
- 14.04. Paris - Roubaix
- 17.04. De Brabantse Pijl
- 21.04. Amstel Gold Race
- 22.04. Tro-Bro Léon
- 24.04. La Flèche Wallonne
- 28.04. Liège-Bastogne-Liège
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

team fl

Re: Spring Classics 2019

Post by team fl » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:04 am

Team FL is happy with the results so far, although it could have been even better. At Omloop, Kopinski and Coolman got 2nd and 3rd, Kopinski won KBK in a very nice fashion and Le Samyn was a fun race too with Karl getting second and Coolman 4th. So it seems like a pattern that these two guys will lead the team in the other Belgian classics too.

For Strade Bianche, Hugo Marxer is still working on the tactics while he has no clue whatsoever for MSR yet. But it seems sensible that Baltasar Banzer gets his chance too, maybe later on at GW? Who knows. For April, PR and RVV seems to be the goals, but it's still far away...

Anyway, the team feels newborn after Afshin's retirement. A heave weight has fallen from its shoulders (has a team shoulders?). The riders are feeling the vibes of spring and the new guys, Zwerver and Funk will happily serve the team as helpers until they have developped themselves from helper caterpillars into winning butterflies.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:47 pm

Het Whatever and Harelbeke the main Donkgoals. In theory. Because we've never won those. The problem: Big Donkey 2019 really doesn't have riders that fit those 2 races. So Harelbeke will end like Het Whatever.
Top 10.. finally was happy with my top 10 there.
So still thinking about Catalunya, even if the main plan says classics.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:21 pm

Ah little mistake, main secondary goal, main goal is always Milano-Sanremo.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Tukhtahuaev

Post by Tukhtahuaev » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:31 pm

Most exciting part of the year. I'm very happy with 2 wins and a 2nd place in the first 3 races. Main goal is of course Ronde van Vlaanderen with Igor Pankratov, but the team won't be happy with just that

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:29 am

Strade Bianche:
The Donkey is sad. Ride at 22:00 local time, which means I probably forget the start, miss the first x minutes, since I'll be drinking alcoholic beverages. In a place where mobile reception is bad too. Might be in time for the end, but might not... so let's forget 22h. So 2am? Argh. Stupid times. 2am it is... or not at all.

Team? Too expensive, since we'll bring 2 expensive Hiroshis. Look like leaders, maybe a cheaper Hiroshi an alternative as leader? But the cheaper Hiroshis are not big fans of steep finishes. Ah well, we'll see, 18h Saturday, probably a time I know no other managers, and they've never heard of that great upcoming afternoon team "Big Donkey", so a great tactic for some Hiroshis might surprise them!

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:02 am

No Strade Bianche and Industria for Team FL, unfortunately. Let's see if there will be more time for the upcoming races…

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:24 am

Donkey Strade Bianche:
Waiting for Siena. An impressively actionless edition, basically everybody was waiting till the end, 6* to the finish. Favorite Kushbakov won, 1" before the other favorite (who had 0 chances according to his manager)Hurtado. If he takes the risk (a good manager would have, but one that prefers having no chances not) and follows instead of attacking himself, who knows.
Donkeystar Matsuyama, Hiroshi, took the risk and tried to follow Hurtado, couldn't, but at least he got to win a sprint, so 6th. Matsuoka followed Gajda, so was 1" ahead of Matsuyama. 4" back. 5+6th.
Double leader not ideal, perfect a long time, but once Rapid Vitesse dropped the helpers and there were only 2 Donkeys there... should have let Matsuoka help a Matsuyama. But well, take the risk, didn't work. But well, no ideal rider for this, Matsuyama's pavé is ok, his flat not, Matsuoka's pavé on the other hand not enough.

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:58 am

Bah, so far I miss all the races. Drenthe, Nokere… Hopefully I will have time for Koksijde Classic tomorrow. MSR I guess I have to dance… but it's MSR! Best line-up available there with Banzer, Kopinski, Kaiser, Satour, Ritter, Coolman, Rossard, Spirito and Spaeth (most likely).