I'm very happy

Bear

Re: Vuelta 2010

Post by Bear » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:24 pm

Absolutely, I should have taken him in my teamtoto-squad :x

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:04 am

Super performance today by Mosquera. And he shows again why i like this guy that much. Even thought he is a strong time trailer, he doesn't wait and watch what may develop for him but tries to force the issue himself. I was quite suprised how he shook off even Nibali (with Rodriguez, i waited the whole time that he would fall off, those climbs are just to long for him). Anton getting by him can only be a benefit to the GC fight. Now we have Mosquera, Anton and Nibali that left an impresion of beeing able to win that. Anton has to stay active, he may need more time on Mosquera and espacially Nibali, and Mosquera will need to take some advantage to the time trail as i think Nibali is better than him. Tondo, i don't expect him to be able to hold that position, even he looked quite good today. Bruseghin is still close, but i think he will lose a bigger portion of time in those 3 mountain stages in the raw.
So althought the profiles to come are not that interesting, The fight for the GC seems to get exciting.

Bear

Post by Bear » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:39 am

I liked the style of Mosquera. He set the pace from the front, impressive. But Igor Anton was the more clever rider yesterday when he rode his own speed the entire climb. Rodriquez and Nibali tried to follow Mosquera all the way up but failed. Tondo's performance was great, also a clever ride. But I don't know if he is able to show this good form over 3 weeks. Uran also good.

For the GC I bet on NIbali. But with the aggressive style of Mosquera there might come some bigger gaps in the following mountain stages. The Vuelta is more exciting than I thought.

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:37 pm

Yes Anton really clever, but as he is not the favourite for the GC at the moment, if he didn't aprove quite a lot in C.R.I., he can risk that. Nibali could have done that, too, as he had quite a gap to Mosquera. Next time, if Mosquera attacks, i guess he has to try to follow again, can't risk any more loss to Mosquera, as he probably can't calculate with a time win in the C.R.I. What does speak a bit against Eziquel is that the climbs in the end of the next 2 mountain stages are very steep, and what i remember to have seen from him that is not his perfect terrain. I think it will be harder for him on those climbs to win time on Nibali. The Cotobello, yes very steep to but not that much as those other 2 and longer may be more in his favour, and it's the overall hardest stage, too, so I think there he has to win the mayority of his time if he wants to go for the big win. About Bola del Mundo we will speak later when those 3 are over.

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:54 am

Well, what to say... a horrible crash by Anton, that is a very bad way to lose the vuelta. To compare the others, well the climb was short and steep enough. For Rodriguez, and to short for Mozquera, who nethertheless didn't mind to try. Tomorrow, it's open, perhap it's steep enough for Rodriguez to stay with Nibali and Mozquera, but Monday and Wednesday will be the end for him. So what will happen tomorrow between Mozquera and Nibali will tell us who will win.

Bear

Post by Bear » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:54 pm

Velits is crazy. He's going for the podium now. Today the wind was decisive. Nibali really strong. Hopefully he will win the Vuelta. That puncture was bad. Unfortunately, Rod was not competitive today.

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:55 pm

What a shit Karsten Migels allways tells, Mosquera would be such a bad time trailer. Yes, he is not the world class, but has a potential you have to keep in mind for the GC fight. If watching the performances on the long mountains so far, this is far from over. 39 seconds is really possible at the Bola del Mundo. But Xacobeo should try everything that day to keep the day win for the favourite's group. Mosquera is stronger on long than on short climbs, that could be for him. Probably not the stage win, but a place that can give him seconds. Venga Ezequiel, hazlo!!!