Tour of California

Discuss with us about cycling sport

Moderator: englishmods

Rockstar Inc

Tour of California

Post by Rockstar Inc » Mon May 17, 2010 9:30 am

The Tour of California is broadcastet by Eurosport every evening - yesterday from 23:00 - 1:00, today the broadcast starts at 22:30.

Yesterday the first stage and the expected winner. Mark Cavendish 1st, Juan José Haedo 2nd and Alexander Kristoff (BMC Racing) 3rd.

Eisel + Renshaw did a very good lead-out for Cavendish, Haedo was close but Cav could accelerate short before crossing the line to win.
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

Luna

Re: Tour of California

Post by Luna » Mon May 17, 2010 10:26 am

Funny. While the Giro started last year with writing all their tv info stuff in english ("Maglia Rosa Group", "Front of the race", ...), I read frensh language at the Tour of California ("premiere..", "deuxieme..", "troixieme passage" of the finish line)^^

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Tue May 18, 2010 10:03 am

Really bad weather yesterday - no tv coverage...i saw the last KM, for about 10 Minutes... :lol:

At the second stage a group of 27 reached the finish first, victory for Brett Lancaster (Cervelo Test Team). All favorites for the GK except George Hincapie were in this group, Hincapie finished 1:17 behind the first group.

Lancaster took also the leaders-jersey - young Peter Sagan was the second rider crossing the line and taking the "youth-jersey"
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

VC Aywaille

Post by VC Aywaille » Tue May 18, 2010 10:27 am

The same for me, and it was the remake of the final circuit of the Champs Elisées. With the "tunnel".

It was cool to see it, a special live! :P
VC Aywaille
The team to beat

Il ne faut jamais juger les gens sur leurs fréquentations : Judas, par exemple, avait des amis irréprochables! (Verlaine)

skull

Post by skull » Wed May 19, 2010 12:49 am

Luna wrote:Funny. While the Giro started last year with writing all their tv info stuff in english ("Maglia Rosa Group", "Front of the race", ...), I read frensh language at the Tour of California ("premiere..", "deuxieme..", "troixieme passage" of the finish line)^^
maybe this is associated with the fact that the ASO is responsible for the television production ;)
You know you love me.

Luna

Post by Luna » Wed May 19, 2010 1:18 am

Of course it is! And they want to introduce the american bike race viewers to the TdF-phraseology. But the contrast to RCS turning into english language consists, however, although they don't even race on american soil (still..).