Alpe d'Huez

Discuss with us about cycling sport

Moderator: englishmods

Luna

Alpe d'Huez

Post by Luna » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:04 pm

One question comes to mind every some weeks. Then I think about aking here, but when I'm online I forget again. But not now:

At the climb to l'Alpe d'Huez they have the names of the winners of each Tour de France l'Alpe d'Huez stage written on signposts at every curve. Last year for the first time that climb found entry to the Criterium du Dauphiné. Is there now also Contador mentioned for his win there or do they only collect the winners of the Tour stages?

el Galactico

Re: Alpe d'Huez

Post by el Galactico » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:41 pm

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%E2%80%99 ... %80%99Huez

As far as i know he is not mentioned there luckily!! Wikipedia says the same. See the Stage winners table but behind his name there is no number of a curve as it is for the other names.
Rodrigo Tellez - Winner of Tour Down Under 2023!!!

Siempre Campeones! Hala Galacticos!!

Statistics
Hall of Fame
Cyclist of the Month

Luna

Post by Luna » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:09 am

Oh. Good inquiry. Thanks. Hope they haven't just forgotten to actualize that point.

There's even a picture of bend 16 shown ( the one what probably would be the one for the next winner after Sastre '08). But it's taken in 2007. I just went to Google Streetview and checked it out. The bend 16 sign is only very blurry there, hardly to recognize anything. But it's clear that no second name is written there. But even that image is only from 2009.

Maybe OL or someone who occasionally rides there could verify it with their own eyes?

olmania

Post by olmania » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:39 am

Luna wrote:Oh. Good inquiry. Thanks. Hope they haven't just forgotten to actualize that point.

There's even a picture of bend 16 shown ( the one what probably would be the one for the next winner after Sastre '08). But it's taken in 2007. I just went to Google Streetview and checked it out. The bend 16 sign is only very blurry there, hardly to recognize anything. But it's clear that no second name is written there. But even that image is only from 2009.

Maybe OL or someone who occasionally rides there could verify it with their own eyes?
I am not in France this year, :? Cannot tell you anything about that. Anyway, I do not remember something like that.

Luna

Post by Luna » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:52 am

Hm, okay. Thank you :)