Radsportfreaks World News

All you have to say

Moderator: englishmods

Widar

Radsportfreaks World News

Post by Widar » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:44 am

:idea: What if there would be an online-newspaper for radsportfreaks again :?:

:arrow: An online-newspaper by cycling freaks for cycling freaks :!:

The first step has already been done. I have created the Radsportfreaks World News (RWN). That means I have put up an internet presence and already designed the raw body of it. Some pages I have already given a text. The question now is if there is a general interest in a newspaper like this at all. So that I don't waste my time for something that is not wanted. I assume that there will be a majority in favor of it. As you might know, there had been the Gazetta once, which was very popular. The Radsportfreaks World News is meant to be something new though.

Wanted are people, who are willing to participate in making this online-newspaper. For the beginning I will take the position of chief editor. It would be great to have a replacement/substitute, who can support me and create with me together. It should be someone I trust. An established person in the RSF-business. In addition to this some constant contributors and some freelancers will be needed. The constant contributors will have certain columns/categories to take care of permanently, i.e. writing columns regularly or refreshing statistics. The constant contributors should bring some experience to the table, which means they should be part of RSF for a littl longer. The freelancers will write race reports or reports about tours for example. Here everyone can participate, theoratically. To make the processes easy, the replacement/substitute for chief editor certainly get direct access, as well as some of the constant contributors. They will receive the access information (username and password for login) to the online-newspaper.

The Radsportfreaks World News should be in german generally, but other languages shall have there part too. Some pages can be created in multiple languages for sure. Reports about races and tours for instance can be written in various languages.

http://radsportfreaks.npage.eu

Thx to Les Bergzieges fo translat :!:
Mitglied des Nationenkomitees
Mitglied des Fairplaykomitees

Quick

Re: Radsportfreaks World News

Post by Quick » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:36 pm

Thanks to Widar!!! But i'm here for something else: think it would be useful if buhmann links the Rdsportfreaks World News anywhere on the RSF-Mainpage...maybe under the "news" button or so...
J-Czucz hype train

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:31 pm

The Hall of Fame was launched today!

Every month, there will be a voting of five riders, and the best enters the Hall of fame. Additional, all "Rider of the year" will enter. Everything is written in english. To start the elections, I need your recommendations, as i will not nominate any rider that wasn't recommended to me. But please, read the rules first, because you are not allowed to recommend riders that ride or rode in your own team.

If i get enough proposuals, the first vote may be November. But if there are many this month, it may perhaps be possible to start in october.

I look foward to your participation.

Edith says, I need help to write the articles about the former riders of the year Marco Pantani, Martin Holl and Francois Bernard. Please check the actual standing of the articals if you want to help. Thank you.

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:31 pm

ha, i posted it in the wrong language ;) RWN german it will be.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:04 pm

Some slight adjustments to the rules if the Hall of Fame voting have been made. Now only riders that have ended their career at least one year ago will be nominated. This is nessessary because actual riders would have dominated the older ones too much. But that doesn't mean those can't be recommended, they will be noted and added to possible nominations as soon as they fulfill the criterias.
Maybe some more slight chances to the rules will be made soon.

So happily, today i recieved the first recommendation for the Hall of Fame. But you know that is not enough. To get a good competition, I need a lot more. As this is an interactive category, it won't be established if nobody takes part. Note that recommendations do not only count for one special month of voting, but forever.

olmania

Post by olmania » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi !
Incredible and excellent work :D

One detail, Bienvenu needs an "e" => Bienvenue ;)

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:18 am

I really loked to read the article "Vuelta 22h – Roundup". Who has written this?
We have to integrate a system that most players knows that this article exist. I just found it by random (correct english? Don´t know, hope you understand :) ).

Luna

Post by Luna » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:24 am

Startseite World News:
"RSF World News" aktuell

14.09.2010: The Hall of Fame is started today. Watch how you can participate.

17.09.2010: Neuer Beitrag von Buhmann, siehe: "Game Development" -> "current work".

19.09.2010: Interviews mit den Vueltasiegern unter "Interviews" -> "September 2010".

20.09.2010: Best of Pressemitteilung Week 37: Team LunaLounge - Tour of Britain.

20.09.2010: Rundfahrtbericht über die Vuelta 22 Uhr von Bear (Team Bearclaw).

20.09.2010: Auxilium Torino berichtet täglich über die Rundfahrt: Giro di Ticino 8 Uhr.

23.09.2010: Abschlussbericht über die Rundfahrt Giro di Ticino 8 Uhr ist fertig.
;)

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:06 am

Oh... :oops:

Maybe better the newest at the top?

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:44 pm

A little update to the Hall of Fame, and yes it is something like advertising, too, obviously it is necessary.

1. Adjusment to the rules:

- No absolut limit for nominations of a rider
- To compensate, the time between 2 nominations was raised to 9 months.
- Because of that, the punishment for recommending an own rider is enlarged to 12 months, too.
- special Restricitons against my team have been abolished, as with the longer times they are unnessessary. Like all the other riders, my own ones have to be recommended by others to make them nominatable.

2. There will be no election in October, as I only recieved recommendations for 4 different riders by just 2 users. If that keeps on like that, the Hall of Fame topic will closed in the beginning of december, at the latest. If this category is not wanted like it is right now, please tell, so i could save the work i put into.

(sry for posting that again but i hit the false off-topic first)

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:52 am

Due to low response, the Hall of Fame is cancelled. Within 2 months, there have not even been recommended enough riders to make one voting. Rider portraits that have been written yet you can find under Cyclists Portrait.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:36 am

Cerro Torre RT wrote:Due to low response, the Hall of Fame is cancelled. Within 2 months, there have not even been recommended enough riders to make one voting. Rider portraits that have been written yet you can find under Cyclists Portrait.
very very sad... :(
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Zentaron

Post by Zentaron » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:56 pm

Sad, yes. But not astonishing. Many teams are relative new and don't know many riders. And even if there are enough old teams, who know many riders to nominate. What to write about them? I for my share don't know, what to write about other riders. There are only some, who rode enough races with my team (especially because of the growing number of teams at RSF and the many times and pelotons we have) and even for them it is difficult for me, to write something about their career and why they should be voted.
sprint victories:
2007: 33 (30 since buying licence in april)
2008: 54
2009: 36
2010: 47
2011: 34

The Fantastic Four: Ewen McBright, Perry Niclas, Aigars Cakls & Frederic Iatiknu

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:04 am

if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But I really didn't want to base that on self-adulation. If there are no riders that are known to other teams in a way they wnat them to have them in a Hall of Fame, there is noone worth to be in the Hall of Fame and so there schould not be something like that.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:09 pm

Hmm. Yes, very sad. Maybe this is the first warning that you will cancel the Hall of Fame, but now we have the possibility to vote? :)

Zentaron

Post by Zentaron » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:20 pm

You shouldn't have voted, you should have nominated.^^
sprint victories:
2007: 33 (30 since buying licence in april)
2008: 54
2009: 36
2010: 47
2011: 34

The Fantastic Four: Ewen McBright, Perry Niclas, Aigars Cakls & Frederic Iatiknu

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:33 pm

I made several announcements within the last 2 months, you can read them in this thread. Reaction was there were 3 teams to recommend 4 different riders, one of them not nominateable at the moment. What more should I do? There is obviously to few interest in such a Hall of Fame of such a modus.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri May 06, 2011 5:30 pm

So.

The newspaper is dead again, am I right?

Thanks for Ruhr for trying. Too bad people are more interested in whining or sending me PNs and complain when I answer with insults than read or write something even slightly productive.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Widar

Post by Widar » Sat May 07, 2011 12:15 am

Sorry, dass ich auf Deutsch anworte, mein Englisch ist fürchterlich und ich habe jetzt gerade keinen Nerv mich mit einem Übersetzungsprogramm rumzuplagen:

Ja, wirklich schade. Mir fehlt derzeit leider die Zeit um mich intensiv um die RSF News zu kümmern. Vielleicht nächste Woche. Ansonsten hat wohl derzeit keiner der vielen Radsportfreaks Zeit und / oder Interesse mitzuarbeiten. Sagen wir mal der Patient "RSF News" liegt im Koma, ganz tot ist er noch nicht.

iBanesto

Post by iBanesto » Sat May 07, 2011 10:46 am

Where's the link to the newspaper in the new design? I guess there is none.

Widar

Post by Widar » Sat May 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Mon May 09, 2011 3:28 pm

Sorry, i will create a link in the new design!!

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:17 pm

U23 WC race reportage online now!
Allenatore Italia - Manager Dainese OG 10 bronzo TTT
Manager SantiNelli WC 10/10 argento TT
Manager SantiNelli WC 3/11 6/11Oro TT
Allenatore Italia WC 9/11 Oro RR
Non contare mai il numero dei tuoi avversari... affrontali!
Multi hostes, multus honor

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:17 pm

Tour de France 24 HOur reportage is online!
Allenatore Italia - Manager Dainese OG 10 bronzo TTT
Manager SantiNelli WC 10/10 argento TT
Manager SantiNelli WC 3/11 6/11Oro TT
Allenatore Italia WC 9/11 Oro RR
Non contare mai il numero dei tuoi avversari... affrontali!
Multi hostes, multus honor

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:29 pm

Good interview by Marzahn online.... since that lazy guy didn't manage to post it here the Ape has to do it.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!