Team FL

Your team should be here

Moderator: englishmods

team fl

Re: Team FL

Post by team fl » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:50 pm

Frustrated Nico Goop leaves Team FL

After the team management didn't include Nico Goop in the line-up for Down Under, he let them know that he resigns from Team FL immediatly. The unsuccesful Goop (O victories, zero, niente) was last seen in the Long John Bar in Schaan with his cousin Elmar.

Rumour has it, that there will be a replacement from Great Britain. But our Press could not find out more about the mysterious new rider...

Ui, 50th post in here. Cheers!
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

ariostea

Post by ariostea » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:01 pm

The unsuccesful Goop (O victories, zero, niente) was last seen in the Long John Bar in Schaan with his cousin Elmar
told you 6 months ago to get rid of him...just a Weichei.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:53 am

A sentimental Weichei :)

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:26 pm

Gilles rules the East!

Gilles Braas is Team FL's first winner in 2011. He won the first stage of the Sachsen Pavés from Leipzig to Dresden out of a three-men-group, including famous Bagu from ritchie-sports and Stakanov from EXOCDS.

Right after Down Under - where Dürr missed a win and the sprinter's jersey - Team FL starts at the Sachsen Pavés tour. With a very young and cheap team, the goal is to gain experience and perhaps win a stage or take the youth jersey for Gilles Braas. The participating teams are challenging though, especiall Stephen Roche who is know for his pavé-focus. Also ritchie-sports with Brad Bagu, EXOCDS with Boris Stakanov or the team from the far east, Petit Singe will have their demands for the overall GC or a stage win.

The ghost of Haile Selassie
Despite all statistic and rumours before the first stage from Leipzig to Dresden, it was Team Rastafari who did the action. He split the Peloton and left several favorites in the back-group, also all of the Team FL cracks after Garrido die not want to ride alone. With combined efforts, the Peloton catched the front group and then it was Stephen Roche who controlled the pace, before Petit Singe did the next attempt to make the race harder. In the end it got confusing when Rastafari was again in tempo and attacked with Brown and Dube (with Ronny Beck following) but got caught again. The final attack then was made by Brad Bagu. Only Stakanov and .. Gilles Braas followed him. The even widened the gap and in the end, it was Team FL's Gilles Braas who decides the race in the sprint among the three of them.

First win 2011
So it was Gilles Braas who won the first race for Team FL in 2011. Besides winning the stage, he also gained the leader, sprinter and youth jersey. The Team FL management would be glad to keep at least one of them until the end of the tour, but the stage win is already more than expected. Anyway, tomorrow, two semistages are following which means hard work for Gilles' team mates. But after a disappointing Tour Down Under, they are happy now to do so for a real winner...

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:10 pm

"El Chupo" follows Gilles

After Gilles Braas' stage win yesterday, Pedro "El Chupo" Garrido decided to do the same on stage two and take over the leader's jersey. Due to his effort he could not keep it in the third stage and lost it to Brad Bagu from ritchie-sports.

Gilles Braas was the man yesterday. First victory for Team FL in 2011, Pink, Green and White after stage one. Today two semistages were held. The first one from Dresden to Bautzen was rather quiet until Petit Singe forced the pace. In the end of the stage, Singe's Duculescu attacked with Gilles Braas under the carful eye of Team ritchie-sports who could catch them quickly and launch an own attack succesfuly. Mady Jyderup was the attacking rider, followed by Olimpiu Duculesu (Petit Singe), KevinP Boateng (HeidfeldFanclub) and Pedro Garrido. The following KMs, Pedro tried to order his chances and let the others do the tempo until he was sure he could not be left behind anymore. After an unsuccesful attempt by O. Duculescu he knew this could be his chance and he rode and won the stage in the final sprint among these four. As a consequence, he took over the Pink jersey from Gilles Braas, who lost some seconds agains Stanakov and Bagu.

From Bautzen to Spremberg
The second semistage was not that interesting anymore. It was quite clear that Garrido could not keep the leader's jersey and so it was a group that won this stage, namely Marcel Rieder from Team Ruhrgebiet. Stage favorite was Thor Mjölnir from Demuth who lost control when attacking during the chase, demanding Team FL's tempo. Anyway, there was nothing to win for Team FL in this stage and thus, as expected, Bagu took over Pink while Gilles now wears the White jersey for the best youth rider in the overall GC.

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:41 pm

Team FL rides Sachsen Pavé 2011 very succesfully

Today, Team FL finished the Sachsen Pavé 2011 as 3rd in the TTT. Two stage wins, several stages in Pink, GC Podium and Braas winning the youth classement makes this tour a very succesful one for Team FL, also financially.

The Sachsen Pavé 2011 started with a big bang for Team FL: Gilles Braas won the first stage and could war Pink at least for one stage. Fortunatly, he only lost it to a teammate, as Pedro Garrido could win the second stage and take the leader's jersey from the Luxembourger. Two stages, two stage wins. Not bad, thought the Team FL management. The Liechtenstein cycling team could also present good results during the coming stages but hat to give the leader's jersey away to the main favorits, Brad Bagu from ritchie-sports and then Boris Stakanov from EXOCDS.

Good overall results
In the final TTT, Team FL managed to get 3rd and helped Gilles Braas to a Place on the tour's podium (3rd place) while also defending his youth jersey. In the end it was the very strong Team from Stephen Roche that decided the tour in the TTT in front of Petit Singe, although being very unfortunate till then. The former tour leaders and most active riders, Bagu and Stakanov, lost lots of time and thus their good positions in the GC. At least for his team, Bagu could defend the pointsjersey against Garrido who lacked 3 points in the end, although not winning a stage.

Team FL goes shopping
Financially, after a difficult start, January 2011 is already the most succesful month in the long Team FL history so far. Consequently the team management decided to put the money into rider's capital and will present two new riders in February. This also means that William deWorde's contract will continue for the next season. He will be 36 then.

Last but not least the overall results from Sachsen Pavé 2011:

Overall Classements Sachsen Pavés 9h
1. Platz: Swan McGowan (Stephen Roche)
2. Platz: Olimpiu Duculescu (Petit Singe)
3. Platz: Gilles Braas (Team FL)
Bergtrikot: Cameron Hynes (Hansa-Team)
Sprinttrikot: Brad Bagu (ritchie-sport), -> 2. Pedro Garrido
Jungfahrertrikot: Gilles Braas (Team FL)
Mannschaftswertung: Demuth

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:02 am

haha genau der richtige Thread dafür :lol:
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:56 pm

Wüsst nur gerne, was das heisst. Dann könnte ich mich besser vorbereiten :)

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:41 am

Frederick and the Parasite

Team FL starts with 15 riders in February. Team record! New riders are the very british Frederick "Fred" Colon and our Hope for Sprints: Cédric Schmarotz from Switzerland.

While Fred descents from a very old british familiy of town watchers, Cédric's family just used to... well... survive. Begging, scrounging and yes, sometimes even stealing, was their daily task. So what does it tell us about these young cycling lads? Nothing, to be honest. But you cannot escape your genes, although education, growing up, the sort of friends you have also might determine who you get and who you are. Nevertheless, contrary to Cédric, Fred is known for his discipline and his obedience. The former likes it more to hangaround, watching other do the hard work while he gets himself "comfy".

Enough talking about characteristics, both have to show what they are able to on the road and these are the skills (or facts) they build on:
  • Image Fred Colon, 21 Flatrider

-> 48-73-53-49-46, 69 Pavé and 45 Reg

Image Cédric Schmarotz, 21, Sprinter

-> 48-56-56-50-81, 53 Pavé and 36 Reg
Last edited by team fl on Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:45 am

"El Chupo" chups again

Pedro "El Chupo" Garrido does it again: He wins a stage in a tour and takes the leader's and the point's jersey for him, (almost) without doing anything. This time, it was the first stage of the tour Étoile de Bessèges.

Pedro got his Nickname at the Sachsen Pavés 2011 in January from O. Duculescu when he won the second stage while using the others and not doing anything at the beginning. El Chupo, der Lutscher, the... is there a fitting English word for it? Sucker... hmm.. sounds like loser. But he's a winner, so it can't be. Most funnily he also won because his team gave up Lorenz Dürr who was staying in the second group among the other flatsprinters. And even more funnily, he won against Ryder Hesjedal from JPS, who won agains Dürr in Down Under when it was a certain Dürr win. It's called poetic justice. Anyway, El Chupo will chup again, for him, for Dürr, for the Team, for the better, for the love of all, for universal peace.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:12 pm

!!!Dürr wins NC of Liechtenstein!!!

After being U23 WC in March 2010, Lorenz Dürr in the autumn of his career won the NC of Liechtenstein in February 2011.

Lorenz Dürr is called a lot: coward, “Bettnässer”, winer. But he is also, besides his “Ruf” as first loser (ewiger Zweiter), is one of the most successful Team FL riders. Well, this is not very difficult, obviously, but still: Dürr reached a goal, nobody else did before for Team FL, he got NC of Liechtenstein. So, finally, the Flag is at THE Liechtenstein cycling team. For this success he only had to outsmart Hugo Marxer and Ronny Beck in the final sprint, with who he spent over 170 km together on the way to the finish line. The peloton was passive and let them ride, probably because of some problems at the beginning of the race with the organisation. Thus, Dürr, in the age of 34 years, after being the teams loser, has become a star, at least for Team FL. His cult status was assured long before anyway.

Mastrangelo on Podium on Tour de Med
In the shadow of Dürr being NC of Liechtenstein, Luigi Mastrangelo won the youth jersey at the Tour de Med and was third in the overall tour ranking. He was prolonging the Team FL’s good tour streak after Down Under, Sachsen Pavés and Bessèges. His good training results also give hope for a successful Giro d’Italia.

team fl

Post by team fl » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:43 pm

First Classic, first win for Garrido!

After an exhausting race, it was "El Chupo" Garrido who could outsmart the other riders and win the beginning of the Classic Spring 2011. After Guus Nederlof did the same last year, it was the second time in a row for Team FL to win Het Volk.

The race began quietly. A small group got over 15 min in front of the peloton till the pace got higher. For a long time, nothing really happend during the race, but then everything changed. During the last 75 km, the race became very chaotic with dealing good cards to another team every 10 km. After a while, it was Celtic and Delphy with two riders each next to the group in front. Behind, GasGas rode with a smaller group. But in the end it changed again and Team FL, Gilles Braas especially, could again force the pace. Only a few riders left, it looked like the only Celtic rider in front could win the race, until the group of the favorites joined their forces and finally catch the baroudeur. Until the finish line, Baas and Garrido could hold the group together. Garrido then won the final sprint and thus the famous race of Het Volk.

Lizard

Post by Lizard » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:01 pm

Whaaaaaat, FL wins today? Maybe I should've started myself :mrgreen:

Congrats for defending the title!
Wizards Cycling: De toenemende Ster van Amsterdam

Hall of Fame:
Adam Wollfinger (73-82-80-47-57, 64 Reg)
Herbert Königsbauer (87-60-66-54-53, 57 Reg)
Manuel Clausen (76-83-63-46-64, 57 Reg)
Tom van Amstel (74-80-74-50-65, 35 Reg)

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:59 am

Team FL joins Division 1!

It took almost 5 years for the Liechtenstein cycling team to get to Division 1. Now it is finally done, although it probably won't last long. Thus, Team FL is ready for the classic spring, that begun with an FL victory, done by Pedro Garrido at Het Volk.

The party lasted from dusk till dawn. Until the sunrise of the new day, the Team FL riders and the management were celebrating. Champagne, Caviar, Girls. All you need for a good time was there. It seemed that especially Chuck Bass was having a good time. But also Pedro Garrido, the man of the last Season, was delighted after the good results in January and Februar. The results can be seen now. Also the younger ones, like Mastrangelo, Colon, Marxer and the likes can look into a bright future with Team FL.

Cult in da House, Wesly on the bike
Besides all the partying and stuff, after a long time of serious negotiations, Team FL could pull a real blinder: The team welcomes nobody less than Wesley Lichtenkiesel to the Game! But the Team management did not want to talk much about him but let him speak through his actions. Nevertheless, the caught some words from Wesley's video-phone-call in the morning, when wearing his new Team FL yersey:

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Mr. Crusher...
Ensign Wesley Crusher: Yes, sir?
Captain Jean-Luc Picard: What are you doing in such a filthy uniform?
Ensign Wesley Crusher: You don't look so shipshape yourself, sir.

Here are his skills:
  • Image Wesley Lichtenkiesel, 21, Helper

-> 46-68-75-46-47, 62 Pavé and 52 Reg

team fl

Post by team fl » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:47 pm

Dürr equals "Mühle" Mühlenberg!

Dürr writes Team FL history with his victory at the first stage of Paris -Nice 2011. With 7 career wins, he equals Mühlenberg's long lasting record.

Lately, there are a lot of exclamation marks in the titles of Team FL's press releases. Well, it's for good, because there is a lot of going on in the Team's history. Today, it was the start of Paris - Nice that started, with a flat stage, and the participation of Lorenz Dürr. Although there were with Conti from Petit Singe better sprinters in the peloton, Team FL rode for him right after the start. And Dürr gave everything back with his 7th career win, with which he equaled Team FL record holder Harald "Mühle" Mühlenberg. Tomorrow is another flat stage, but it would be almost a wonder if Dürr could win again. Anyway, he has the leader's jersey and so the Team will rider for him.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:09 am

Garrido does Deinze

After winning Omloop in February, Pedro "El Chupo" Garrido wins the second belgian spring classic this year, Gent–Wevelgem. He is now the second rider next to Harald "Mühle" Mühlenberg who could win two classics.

Wevelgem, a quiet, nice municipality in the south of Belgium. Well, at least it was quiet before Pedro "El Chupo" Garrido crossed the finish line first in the classic race from Gent to this (former) quiet place. Afterwards, it was just a hell of a party everywhere. On the streets, in the houses, in pubs, bars, restaurants, in shopping malls (if there are any...), on the roofs, in the cars, on top of cars...

Miss E3, bliss with G-W
But first things first. Pedro Garrido and the whole Team FL crew were a bit sad to miss E3 Prijs. So, their full focus laid on the Sunday race Gent-Wevelgem, although it seemed that it is not very popular for other big teams. Anyway, at the start in Deinze, Garrido almost jumped from his Bike feeling the tension in the air. Well, there would have been no need to be nervous, the race began very quietly. No attack, slow peloton. To easy for Team FL. So, Tim Hamberger got active and forced the pace over a pavé-part after the first 100 km and kept it high. The same happend at the first hard climbs, when Granvorka, Beck and Colon could split the peloton even more.

Dance with the Devil
Then suddenly, Team Devil Dogs decided to take part of the race too and used its rider's quality on mountains to change the course to their advantage. So it went on until the Kemmelberg. But nothing happend passing the famous Obelisk on the west part of the hill. Nevertheless it got more interesting, when Banik Ostrava launchen an attack while nobody in the front group reacted quickly enough. Team FL tried to organise the chase and with Devil Dogs, he found a ally. In the end it was Banik Ostrava again, this time with the dangerous Belek, who decided the race with an attack. Willy van Zyl could not follow and so it were Garrido and Ritsos for the final sprint. Team FL decided to sacrifice Bass as puller for the sprint, and it worked. Pedro Garrido won Gent-Wevelgem from his backwheel. The rest is history and a big part in a quiet place in south Belgium...

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:50 pm

deWorde back to the roots

With the age of 37 and a sore back, William deWorde quits professional cycling. The quiet Belgian with a smooth hand holding the pencil goes back to his roots and will be the new Public Relations Officer for Team FL from April 1st. Unfortunately his career was not filled with many victories, well, with none. But anyway, his race reports and his poems, his advice for interviews were a plus for the Team. Besides his job for Team FL, William tries to establish a newspaper: The Thruth...

team fl

Post by team fl » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:14 pm

Goodbye Lorenz

Team FL's most successful sprinter ever quits cycling forever. He retires after his long career and looks back to a very adventurous time in Liechtenstein and the RSF-world.

Lorenz Dürr's cycling career looks like a rollercoaster ride. In his early years he could win the U23 world championchips. For a long time this was his only success at all and it seemed that it was his biggest curse as well. After lots of difficult months and time spent in therapy because of different problems, he came back in his 30ies. In the end, he is - together with Harald "Mühle" Mühlenberg - the most successfull Team FL stage winner and the only Liechtenstein national champion for Team FL ever (so far). He caught his 4'367 points 141 races, all for Team FL.

But it was not the success that made Lorenz Dürr a celebrity at RSF. It was the exact opposite: Winning the sprint in the peloton when a group was in front, getting second when winning looked easy, beeing unsuccessfull at the Giro, and so on. And of course pissing in his pants. But now, he's gone. He will have a place in the heart of every sprinter that hat a loosing strike, of every rider that has a difficult time. Dürr will be there for them, with fresh underwear...

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:58 am

Gilles the Great

While Lorenz Dürr was supporting in the Team car, Gilles Braas won Paris - Roubaix 2011. What a great day for Team FL.

-> Gilles the Great beats Boris the Cruel and Luchs the Fuchs.

-> Tim "Jim" Hamberger on the podium.

-> And it was no Kat. 1 race, it was L'INFER DU NORD!

-> It seems, with Dürr also his curse has left.

-> This also means the 10 (!) classic win and the 3rd monument for Team FL.

-> Of course also lots of money and points.

-> Just grrrrreat :)

-> Btw, Nathaniel Biedermann joining Team FL in May to further frighten the Team FL competitors.

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:40 pm

FL ... "the king of the stones"
"the heroes on pavé"
"the ... "

Respect ... Gratz to the Liechtensteiners

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:42 am

Bergwerk writes it, Gilles does it!

As if Gilles Braas would have know, after P-R, he also one the small brother: Tro Bro Leon at the same time Mr. Bergwerk wrote his congratulations to the King of the Kiesels: Gilles the Great.

Lots of rumours were going on berfore the race: Gilles the Great, P-R winner, will start at Tro Bro Leon. Can he win again? What about the triple F sandwich, Franco, FL, Falke? How will Aix bugger it this time? And what will the Italian teams do as they face the Cosa Nostra? Or will El Chupo win? So, everything was set for an interesting race. And what an interesting race it became. Lots of attacks, lots of action in the chat too, a fabulous Team Franconia, an aggressive Team Falkenbier, a tactically outstanding Team FL: triple F in its purest form. In the end it was almost Cosa Nostra Team who could win it, but then Gilles Braas left everybody else behind and could win the final sprint against his opponent quite easily. Thus, he validated his position as King of the Kiesels: Gilles the Great.

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:54 am

Schmarotz defines Irony

Cédric Schmarotz tries to step out of Lorenz Dürr's shadow: Also with 23, he wins his first race from Hettstedt to Oberschulenberg (what a crap...). More interesting than the race was Chaos Team's influence.

Cédric Schmarotz won his first race! Funnily, he did it under very ironic circumstances: In a race with Chaos Team, Schmarotz ("Parasite") benefitted from Chaos Team's passiveness and could distance the very questionable team after a split in the middle of the race. Unfortunately, he lured lots of other teams to destruction, expecially US Postal - AMD who had his 100th race, as well as la fr des Jeux or Gavia and Luebeck-Oilers. First it looked good, Chaos started the chase in the peloton after a small group tried to escape. In the end it was also due to Savoie Riders and his sacrificing work that Chaos did not come back after the split. Also Fanta Vier and Team Dada helped a lot and so, Schmarotz sends his credits to them (of course not the money!).

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:17 pm

Luigi Mastrangelo wins La Flèche Wallonne!

-> 4th classic in 2011

-> 3rd win in a row

-> 1st time over 7'000 points in one month (already!)

-> Luigi Mastrangelo!!! Il lordo...

-> ...!!!

Lizard

Post by Lizard » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:19 pm

Congrats, you really deserve to once be on top of your game! Keep going like this (even though I prefered the unsuccessful FL :twisted: )
Wizards Cycling: De toenemende Ster van Amsterdam

Hall of Fame:
Adam Wollfinger (73-82-80-47-57, 64 Reg)
Herbert Königsbauer (87-60-66-54-53, 57 Reg)
Manuel Clausen (76-83-63-46-64, 57 Reg)
Tom van Amstel (74-80-74-50-65, 35 Reg)

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:06 am

Retirement of the Duracell Bunnies

Both, Ronny Beck and Daniel Clavadetscher retiered from professional cycling yesterday. Together the rode 473 races for Team FL, both beating Hannes Büchel with their numbers.

Lots of pain, no gain. This seemed to be the slogan of Daniel Clavadetscher and Ronny Beck. Almost 500 races summed up, but no victory. Not even 1000 eternal points together. That was the life of Daniel and Ronny, always for the Captains. As for their special merits for Team FL, they will be named as the new fitness coaches of the team. Rumour has it, that they were also seen activly in the Fanta-Bar... Last but not least, some statistics about them:

- Daniel Clavadetscher, 35 y.: 245 races, 55 points, 0 victories

- Ronny Beck, 34 y: 228 races, 738 points, 0 victories