be happy with your wins, the Mathematician got 3 2nd places in the 14h edition
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

team fl

Re: Team FL

Post by team fl » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:44 pm

flockmastoR wrote:be happy with your wins, the Mathematician got 3 2nd places in the 14h edition
Oh, I am happy with my wins :)

But today another could have been possible... evil Alk :roll:
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:48 am

Not that I forget it completely:

TEAM FL celebrated its 5th birthday at the 3rd August 2011!!!

So now the question, who is your favourite Team FL rider ever? Rider with the best explanation wins, of course rated by the Team FL manamgent very subjectively. Winner will be presented at the 15 August 2011, the national holiday of Liechtenstein.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:16 pm

Adrian Oesch! He was so cool, no explanation necessary!
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Lizard

Post by Lizard » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:21 pm

Louis Thuilliez!
Wizards Cycling: De toenemende Ster van Amsterdam

Hall of Fame:
Adam Wollfinger (73-82-80-47-57, 64 Reg)
Herbert Königsbauer (87-60-66-54-53, 57 Reg)
Manuel Clausen (76-83-63-46-64, 57 Reg)
Tom van Amstel (74-80-74-50-65, 35 Reg)

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:39 am

Luigi beats the three Hills!

Luigi Mastrangelo ist the second rider for Team FL who won the Italian classic Tre Valli. Furthermore, he is the third rider after Pedro Garrido and Harald Mühlenberg to win two classics in his career.

In 2009, Keyser Söze was the first climber for Team FL who won a classic race when he arrived first at the finish line of Tre Valli. Now, two years later, Luigi Mastrangelo did the same. After La Wallone, it is the second classic race he could win in his career. With this achievement, he equals the Team FL record of Harald Mühlenberg (Züri-Metzgete'07, MSR'08) and Pedro Garrido (Omloop'11, Gent-Wevelgem'11) who both won two classics in their career for Team FL too. Furthermore, counting Gilles Braas in with his fabulous victory chez l'Infer du Nord, it's already the 5th classic win for Team FL this year. And its not over yet...

Best Team FL rider ever
But is Luigi Mastrangelo now the best Team FL rider ever? According to eternal points, yes. He reached today more than 8'000 of them which leaves him with a huge gap to Pedro Garrido, who is second in this rating with a bit more than 5'000 eternal points. Anyway, Team FL tried to give other team managements the opportunity to vote. Unfortunately, the attendance was not very high. The only riders mentioned were Adrian Oesch, who rode for FL a short time in 2007, and Louis Thuilliez, the french classic rider whose name caused a lot of controversy among other teams. Because of the poor explanations of the teams that voted, Team FL announces the best Team FL rider during the first five years by itself. And it is *drumroll*:

LORENZ DÜRR!

Lorenz was chosen because he has the most victories for Team FL (7), was U-23 world champion and national champion of Liechtenstein. But more than that, Lorenz was know as a very debatable person, beeing a whiner, a coward, a bed-wetter and not very successful for the most time of his career. He even was hated after the Giro 2010 for not winning one stage. But in the end, he showed his gutts (literally), when his star rose again during the Gaelic Trophy 2010. And now is chosen as the best rider during the first five years of Team FL. Finally, here are his stats:

Bought by Team FL at 01.01.2010.
Retired: with 36 at 10.04.2011.
Races: 141
Etermal Points: 4367
Best skills: 51-61-74-48-93, Reg 41

Palmares:

18.03.2010: U-23 WC
15.04.2010: Camjac - Villneuve Sur Lot
17.11.2010: Gaelic Trophy: Stage 3
18.11.2010: Gaelic Trophy: Stage 4
25.11.2010: Plzen Grand Prix
13.02.2011: NM Liechtenstein
06.03.2011: Paris - Nice: Stage 1

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:21 pm

Scandalous decision. Adrian Oesch is the man!

Dürr? Seriously, Dürr? Pah.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:27 pm

Even der schmarotz is better...
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:48 pm

NoPikouze wrote:Even der schmarotz is better...
Nobody nominated him... (Dürr wasn't nominated either, but.. well.. I have to go)
Scandalous decision. Adrian Oesch is the man!
No explanation, otherwise he would have been a candidate, perhaps, hmm... Nah...
Dürr? Seriously, Dürr? Pah.
Yes, legendary Dürr

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:14 pm

Hassler with his first victory

Team FL talent Toni Hassler wins his first race from Constance to Freiburg in Germany. The race near the Lake Constance and therefore close to Liechtenstein was also the first Team FL victory in September 2011.

Without Schmarotz, Team FL started as a team full of captains and baroudeurs. In the end, it was puncheur Toni Hassler who took the right wheel (thanks to Werner Petzold from RC Hypo) that made the day for the Liechtenstein cycling team. Furthermore, it has been the first victory of a Liechtenstein rider in Team FL since March this year, when Lorenz Dürr won the first stage of Paris-Nice. Also Toni's contemporary, Nate Biedermann, had his part in the race when he rode in a two man group in front of the peloton until around 10 km before the finish line. But at the beginning it were Wesley and Frantz, the brakeaway duo, that did the pace in a huge group and made the race fast. Anyway, Toni's first win was a bit surprising as there were enough sprinters left in the peloton with possible assistance by good flat riders, but you "don't look a gift horse in the mouth".

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:24 am

Schmarotz dominates Conti

In a hectic race from Tonnerre to Autun, Schmarotz won the sprint royale against MSR winner Conti. It is the second victory for Team FL in September, the sixth overall for Schmarotz.

The first split of the race already took place at KM 2, although not with much influence. Also the big group in front of the peloton did not work very well and so the cooperation from Team FL, Team ART and Petit Singe was very fruitful. Well, until it was Alkworld who forced the pace on the last hill to pass. While Schmarotz and Conti followed the pace, Fudjima could not keep up with the Peloton. Consequently, Alkworld continued the work he has begun, helped by some other teams. In the end, Singe and FL could hold the Peloton together for a sprint royale, of which Schmarotz came out as the winner, dominating Conti from his backwheel. Schmarotz was so fast, Conti even told the press that he didn't even see his opponent passing him. But perhaps it's just the age...

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Luigi dances with the white rabbit

In a very hard and strange 4th stage of the South Alps tour, Luigi wins the battle against Gabriel GarciaMarquez on the last km. Still on place two of the general classement, he is now wearing the green jersey and hoping to bring it back to Liechtenstein tomorrow.

The white rabbit in a hurry (szene dramatized by the Team FL PR department)

The race begann very chaotic: Lots of attacks, tempo, splits and coming backs. After 70 min, the peloton calmed down while a group of three riders tried their luck with an escape. Then suddenly there was a feeling of a psychedelic Alice in Wonderland deja vu. Some riders still claim to have seen a white rabbit in the midst of the peloton climbing up the last mountain. Although no camera caught the strange event, the riders behaved very strange, especially Team FL leader Luigi Mastrangelo began to ride like stung by a bee. In the end, it was only GC-leader Gabriel GarciaMarquez who could follow the undleashed power of the Italian. Inspired by his action, also other climbers attacked out of the main group, while GarciaMarquez looked a bit stoned on the backwheel of Mastrangelo. Perhaps he was still thinking about a white rabbit. This must also have been the case on the last km, where Luigi blocked easily and won the stage in the sprint agains his follower, also conquered the green jersey of the points classement. While their leader won the stage, the three Liechtenstein musketeers Marxer, Hassler and Biedermann took it easy to be well prepared for the final stage tomorrow.

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:48 pm

New creativity for Team FL

With Haruki Murakami, Team FL could welcome a very inspiring young Japanese rider around one year ago. Now, with Takashi Murakami, a second highly creative rider from Japan was presented at October 1st.

Not related by birth or marriage, Takashi is the second Murakami at Team FL after Haruki joined the Liechtenstein cycling team over one year ago. Although not related, both are exeptional persons with a highly creative potential. Anyway, Haruki's career is going to end soon as he's already 35yo, yet, Takashi's career has just begun. Coming straight from Tokio, the first steps will be to integrate him in Liechtenstein and get him used to the Teams spirit (whatever this is...). The frist days were already quite successful as Takashi seems to paint things for his teammates, which leads to a very good acceptance. Language is also not a big problem as Haruki plays the interpreter. Last but not least here the technical facts about Takashi Murakami:

- Image Takashi Murakami, 21, Helper, Japan

48-64-74-48-56, Pavé 66, Reg 45

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:50 pm

Hugo with a mental victory at the Giro del Piemonte

Hugo Marxer did what nobody had thought of: He wins a race. And not an ordinary one, the Giro del Piemonte. This is also the first victory for Team FL in October 2011 and the 13th classic win overall.

ImageImage

From left to right: Hugo Marxer before the Tour de France 2011 and after the victory at the Giro del Piemonte 2011

Hugo Marxer was a lot until today. A good helper in hilly stages, a nice team mate, a friendly and helpful lad. But one thing he was not: successful. Always being behind other classic riders in the Team like, Hassler, Biedermann, etc. left one's mark. Hugo became mentally weak, he did not believe in himself anymore. Nevertheless he was nominated for the Tour team 2011, where the turnaround happend. In a stage, where he was clearly not a favorite, the sitting teamchef from Petit Singe decided to give him a mental boost while ignoring Luigi Mastrangelo's - the undisputed leader so far at Team FL - chances for the stage. Since then, Hugo became a fighter. He has been fighting in the training to get better, he tried more in races, attacked, sprinted. He just waited for a chance. Today, there was the chance. Giro del Piemonte, an important Italian classic race took place. So the team decided that Frantz Granvorka and Hugo Marxer should be the onces leading Team FL into the fight for victory. Because one thing, Hugo was now able to, able to fight. Long story short, after a series of attacks by Frantz Granvorka, Toni Hassler and riders from other Teams, Hugo won the sprint of the final group and can celebrate his phoenix like ressurection from the mediocrity of just being a races in Team FL's history. Now he will be rembered as Hugo Marxer, winner of the Giro del Piemonte 2011.
Last edited by team fl on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:16 pm

So for you the Tour de France is the Giro?

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:11 pm

Robyklebt wrote:So for you the Tour de France is the Giro?
Just checking if you read it... :oops:

Btw, are you through with five times reading my propsal?

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:16 am

"King" Küng on the run

Last week, Team FL was riding the Tour des Pavés (TdP)and the Liechtenstein national championships. Man of the week was Stefan Küng who one the youth classement at the TdP and is the new Liechtenstein champion.

Every year around this time in October it gets traditionnally for Team FL as the Tour de Pavés takes place. Beeing more successful every year, Team FL wanted to continue this development and at least equalize Nederlofs Podim place and stage win. Unfortunately with Alkworld and Nozalteam, the competitors were very strong. Especially Miguel Otero seems to be unbeatable. Well, in the end he showed he was, also due to mistakes by his opponents. Team FL did one of this mistakes and therefore missed a possible stage win for Toni Hassler. Nevertheless it was a successful Tour as Gilles Braas reached the podium (3rd place) and Team FL won the team classement (thanks also to the not mentioned but participating riders: Frantz, Fred, Haruki, Nate, Tim, Toni and Wesley). Finally, Stefan Küng took the jersey of the best youth rider back home. It should not be his last achievement for the week...

King of Liechtenstein

King Küng after his coronation

After a one day break on Saturday, the Liechtenstein riders of Team FL participated at the national championships: Nate, Toni, Hugo and Stefan were on the road to reach for the prestigious jersey in blue and red with yellow crown or "Fürstenhut". So far, only legendary Lorenz Dürr could win it for the Team FL. This changed yesterday when Stefan "King" Küng won the championships with the help of his team mates. At least for the upcoming three month, Liechtenstein has not a new Prince, but a new King.

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Adiosu Haruki

Today, Haruki Murakami said goodbye to cycling. The calm and raliable helper goes back to Tokio to continue writing a book about his time in Liechtenstein.

Young Haruki joined Team FL in August of the last year. The team management decided to break into new markets when employing the first Japanese rider ever. Ever since, Haruki was know as a person that has two hearts in his chest. One for cycling, the other one for writing. While not being the most talkative person in the team, he always delighted the team with his short stories and let everybody forgte the trouble after a hard racing day. After 214 races (0 wins, 172 eternal points), Haruki decided that he wants to go back to Tokio to finish his book about cycling in Team FL. The team management is already awaiting the final result, although maybe some juicy stuff will be made public. Nevertheless we with Haruki a successful time after his cycling carrer and that he may be merciful with his story...

Lizard

Post by Lizard » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:57 pm

Team FL is...

... a great sitter. I've written an essay on how great Team FL is, but unfortunately I didn't backup my desktop and the data got lost. Now you just need to believe me. :twisted:
Wizards Cycling: De toenemende Ster van Amsterdam

Hall of Fame:
Adam Wollfinger (73-82-80-47-57, 64 Reg)
Herbert Königsbauer (87-60-66-54-53, 57 Reg)
Manuel Clausen (76-83-63-46-64, 57 Reg)
Tom van Amstel (74-80-74-50-65, 35 Reg)

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:57 pm

Frantz still has it

Almost one year after his first and so far only race win, Frantz doubled the number of his victories. Today, he won the Classica Rota das Terras do Demo.

He never was a leader in the team, being not the best in the mountains, in the flat or downhill and certainly not in the sprint. Frantz Granvorka was the born handyman, the designated successor of Hannes Büchel. While he never outplay Büchel's reputation and cult status, he has now at least outnumbered him in vicotries with his second one. At the time of his first success (in december 2010), Frantz was still a young and untamed rider. Now, almost a year later, he could win not only because he still has the skills, but also because of his experience of more than 200 races for Team FL, although not being a the heights of his potential anymore. But if he keeps up the good work, he will for sure not end his career in the near future, still being a valuable asset of the team.

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:26 pm

Scandinavian power for FL

Thanks to Scandinavian scout Larry Eriksson, Team FL welcomes two young talents from Danemark and Norway. Niels Hörnö and Harry Hole joined the Liechtenstein cycling team at the beginning of November.

Well, since lots of teams try to employ talents from Liechtenstein, the market seems a bit worn out. Thus, Team FL counts on its scouts all over the world, like former Team FL cyclist and womanizer Larry Eriksson. The Swedish bon vivant has his connections all over the Scandinavian peninsula, inlcuding Danemark. Surprisingly, Team FL had not to go that far for its first acquisition, as the Danish cycling talent Niels Hörnö is already living in Liechtenstein. Anyway, Larry was the one who gave the advice to the team management, as well as presented them the second young rider, Harry Hole from Norway.

Niels Hörnö was born in Aarhus, Danemark. He came to Liechtenstein in 1993 where he has been even since. Although growing up in a hilly surrounding, he is still mainly focused on flat profiles, although known to be able to ride until he is on his last legs. Niels is also very active in his freetime, beeing the chair of the Danish Society in Liechtenstein and has a very professional image.

- Image Nils Hörnö, 21, Flat Specialist, Denmark

49-73-55-49-56, 68 Pavé, 43 Reg

Harry Hole seems to be to opposite. He was born in Oslo, Norway, beeing a descendant of the Sami people. Besides his outstanding cycling talent, his stamina and his ability to comprehend atactical context very fast, Harry is also well know for his excesses. Team FL is sure that this will not affect his performance. On the other hand, he was the only one available for this position in the team at that time... Thanks Larry!

- Image Harry Hole, 21, Helper, Norway

47-68-61-47-53, 70 Pavé, 51 Reg

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Age does not protect from winning

Today, Gilles Braas won the race from Windhoek to Okahandja. With his 4th career win at the age of 34, he set the first note of exclamation for the Team FL in November.

It looks like a winning streak for a senior team: Frantz Granvorka with 35 and Gilles Braas with 34 winning the last two races for Team FL. And showing their young lads how it is done. So, experience seems to be a valuable skill too besides all the others. At least, Harry Hole was surprised as he called Gilles before the race an old granpa. Perhaps because he was already a bit drunk. Nevertheless, With Gilles, Frantz, Luigi, Tim, Hugo, Fred and Cédric, Team FL has 6 riders at the age of 30 or older in the roster. Will it be the golden age for them? At least as it looks, nobody of them wants to retire early and is still eager to show the kiddies how to ride a race...

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:24 am

Ape does not protect from winning

Cédric Schmarotz equalised the records for stage wins at Team FL and is now on the same level than Harald "Mühle" Mühlenberg and legendary Lorenz Dürr with 7 stage wins. Even fabulous Fabrizio Conti could not prevent Cédric's victory at the Turkish race from Ezine to Biga.

And again a rider with the magical 3 as first number of the age winning a stage for Team FL. It was the third win in a row, the second in November. Cédric Schmarotz raised his arms at the finish line knowing, he defeated opponents like MSR winner Fabrizio Conti (Petit Singe) or the King of Sprint, BSE Marzahn. Although the race in Turkey was not important - of course Keyser Söze was watching with the usual suspects - this gave the victory the deserved setting. Now three riders stay on top at the list of the most stage wins for Team FL. With Dürr and Schmarotz two sprinters join Harald Mühlenberg. One more victory and Schmarotz will be on top alone.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:23 pm

Gilles and Frantz leave Team FL

After their successful careers, Gilles Braas, 34 and Frantz Granvorka, 35 leave Team FL and retire from cycling. Both achieved outstanding results for Team FL, each in his own individual domain.

Gilles and Frantz could not have been more different as riders. Gilles was the Team FL superstar on his terrain, on Pavé. He won L'Enfer du Nord, a monument. When Gilles rode with the Team, he was leader the most time, not even riding 100 races for FL. On the other hand, Frantz was the handy man for Team FL. Good for every race, for every profile, always giving his best for the team, but almost never beeing leader. Except for escapes, in which he won his two one day races during his career. While Gilles had his 91 races, Frantz was active in 237 races for Team FL which sets him at No. 2 of the list for the most races ridden for Team FL, behind Daniel Clavadetscher. Both very important riders for the Liechtenstein cycling team have started now their well earned retirement from cycling, but still beeing active for Team FL as tactical consultants. Last but not least, the facts about the riders:

Gilles the Great

Bought by Team FL at 01.10.2010.
Retired: with 34 at 12.11.2011.
Races: 91
Etermal Points: 3128
Best skills: 54-83-72-52-56, Pave 82.7, Reg 41

Palmares:

24.01.2011: Sachsen Pavés 2011: Leipzig - Dresden
28.01.2011: Sachsen Pavés 2011: Youth riders classification
28.01.2011: Sachsen Pavés 2011: stage race 3rd place
10.04.2011: L'Enfer du Nord
18.04.2011: Tro Bro Leon
21.10.2011: Tour des Pavés 2011: Stage race 3rd place
02.11.2011: Windhoek - Okahandja

Frantz the Franzoos

Bought by Team FL at 01.09.2010.
Retired: with 35 at 12.11.2011.
Races: 237
Etermal Points: 1034
Best skills: 60-83-77-48-49, Pavé 73.7, Reg 46

Palmares:

14.12.2010: Bilbao - Pamplona
31.10.2011: Classica Rota das Terras do Demo

exocds

Post by exocds » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:19 pm

Boris the Cruel whishes Gilles a good retirement, and a lot of successes in his consultant career