Idéfix age insult

Discussion about fairness-stuff. Advices of breach of rules and so on.

Moderators: systemmods, fairplaymods

Robyklebt

Idéfix age insult

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:48 am

Not that I would normally expect Idéfix to be fined for this, but since I got fined for rather mysterious reasons (to me), let's see if the committee believes this is finable too.

Link to the full post:
viewtopic.php?f=13&p=106274#p106272

Relevant part here:
Or a forced retirement, you are too old for doing properly that calendar, Donkey. You don't even have opened April, although we are on 31st. So maybe Luques could just fire you with only, on your firing letter, these words: "this is too late".
Well, I'm 49... too old to do the calendar? That is insulting. Even if I was 79 or 99, let's make it 102, age shouldn't be an argument. Discrimination because of age, the newest thing at c4f? But ok, he thinks 49 is too old. And gives that as a reason for my firing. If he wants me fired, ask for it, no problem. I'm fully aware I make lots of mistakes, but I'm convinced I do it better than my predecessor too. But if you want me fired, giving age as a reason?

Try something else:

- Bad performance at the job
- Bad communication

2 reasons that are something. Adding age makes it insulting. Even saying "I don't like him, fire him" would be ok, at least it's honest.

Btw the insulting and overly aggressive behavior by Idéfix to "unpaid c4f employees" (sounds kind of nice, but calendar dictator is ok too, although I'd prefer "Guru of the calendar", something more colorful than just dictator) is not new, see how he treats FL in the nations committee thread.

Time for a sign?
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Laurens88

Re: Idéfix age insult

Post by Laurens88 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:59 pm

I do not want to go into this specific case because I'm not involved in the calendar discussion, but in general the volunteers who keep the game running (Luques for sure, but also Big Donkey for the calendar, the NC and the FPC) deserve a bit more respect from some users here. We should realize that they may not always do a perfect job or make a decision that we agree with, but for sure they do it the best they can. And in any case there is no need for personal attacks. Keep in mind that the future of the game also depends on these volunteers.

So to all who feel like this applies to them: please reflect on your own behaviour and try to improve it next time. Just like - as far as I can judge - the volunteers are already doing in most cases.

Joy

Post by Joy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:53 pm

Let's all calm down a bit,i mean we all know BigD... :D

Even if he is the biggest troll no matter of chat,he insult no matter who if he think he has a reason and so on (we all know hi's behavior) he still does a good job in forum,he design races,he tryes to keep the comunity and most off all he makes every manager to be better and if anyone feels like he fails well then BigD... is right

All the best from Joy to all
Be safe !

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:22 am

Idéfix wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:10 am
And also about primate life?
A wide net. Not only humans, but also chimpanzees, Bonobos etc. are out.

What life is it ok to discuss? Reptiles?

Maybe that discussion belongs in its own thread, not here. Feel free to open one.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!