Fair Play Votes

Discussion about fairness-stuff. Advices of breach of rules and so on.

Moderators: systemmods, fairplaymods

team fl

Fair Play Votes

Post by team fl » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:00 am

Recent discussions in this thread have led to a general discussion about the fair play voting system. So let's continue here about that.

The questions are:

Do we need the Fair Play Comments? And if yes, what should we be able to do with it? Only vote, vote and comment, etc? Do we have to change it at all? Etc.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

schappy

Re: Fair Play Votes

Post by schappy » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:28 pm

We don´t need the Fair Play Votes. Often the players set negative fair play votes, because they dont like that riding and not because the fair play rules werebroken by the other team. If somebody break the rules, they can post it here in the Forum in my opinion.
I´ve got the magic in me

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:33 pm

Who said it's only about fairplay RULES? You can not break any rules and still not be fair.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:56 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:33 pm
Who said it's only about fairplay RULES? You can not break any rules and still not be fair.
That's true, but it's also very subjective what someone declares as fair or unfair. Anyway, I think the only positive thing the current system has is that it may serve as a "notebook" for you to have information about other teams, if you use it that way. Otherwise, it's pure entertainment, positve or negative. So I think, it's not really needed for something else than just that, to know who you're up against in the race. Like this, also the comments from other teams may be interesting for you. The fact that it's also used for "payback" or "having the last word" or simply insult your opponent is certainly the case sometimes, although it does not reflect the vast majority of votes. And if you search for these kind of "negative" votes, you find them mostly coming from the same little number of players who handle it that way.

So, leave it as it is, change it or abolish it completely?
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Z&B

Post by Z&B » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:52 pm

Get rid of it completely or change the name and delete the option to vote while "commenting". The votes don't and shouldn't matter anything.

If someone rides against the rules or insults, we use the forum to report him. No need to keep this subjective yelp-system in the game if the fair play points don't affect the game in any way. There are gentlemen's agreements, like in every other game, but I don't consider any team who's not sticking to them as unfair. We will always have a soft gap between unfair riding and punishable unfairness. The question is.. do we need a measurement for the unpunishable unfairness that's mostly justified by your own ideal way of riding and acting? I think no. If you don't break the rules, it's not unfair. Oh well, maybe a bit too harsh..but it benefits my point.

On the other side.. I like it to leave a comment after the race. Good times need a last word. Annoying brats deserve a little kick to the shin. Everything without a visable green or red point after it. But it has nothing to do with fairness. Even if it's the attitude I don't like.. still rode fair, but just manipulating or whining the whole time. No need to punish someone for it. Especially if it's my own perception.

Soo.. just change the name to "comments" or something that doesn't imply someone broke the rules.

Joy

Post by Joy » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:12 pm

Fair Play Voting is good as it is now,the problem is that most managers use it wrong.Solution? Set a preset comment so managers can chose their comment. I like the way it is now,it helped me most times when the comment it is used as it should be.And if a manager uset it in wrong way well that tells also something about that manager and personaly i would give a fine to those who are unfair in Fair Play Voting sistem :D

CircleCycle

Post by CircleCycle » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:39 pm

just cancel the +1,0,-2 but let room for messages, insults and whatever. :)