Whitianga Cycling Day 17h

Discussion about fairness-stuff. Advices of breach of rules and so on.

Moderators: systemmods, fairplaymods

team fl

Re: Whitianga Cycling Day 17h

Post by team fl » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:47 am

ProTour-Team wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:46 am
Fl abusing his forumpowers.. what kind of fine is in store for that? :P
A facepalm. Already executed ;)
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

luques

Post by luques » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:36 am

team fl wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:32 am
ProTour-Team wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:20 am
but 1 thing: how is it possible that the fpk forget to inform you ingame about that topic to get an answer from you earier?
And now my reaction to this quote:

That's a good question. But then again: Did he or did he not? Because I don't read anything about that explicitly in his post. And it's pretty easy to overlook ingame messages as they are not shown very prominently... But clarification by the FPC would be nice :).
Just for info, it is not possible that a fine is given without informing the player.
Giving a fine implies opening a case, and automatically the message is sent.
If this doesn't happen, it isn't up to the FPK but to some bug.

In this particular case anyway, I can see the warning given the 3rd of January in the database so should have been there. As well as the message about the fine.

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:22 pm

I think the question is not if the manager has been informed about a fine, but about the opening of the case by the FPC in the first place, referring to this thread in the forum.

luques

Post by luques » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:31 pm

team fl wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:22 pm
I think the question is not if the manager has been informed about a fine, but about the opening of the case by the FPC in the first place, referring to this thread in the forum.
Probably explained myself badly.

A message is automatically sent when the case is open (considered) by the FPK.

A message similar to this "There is a fairplay problem with your team. Please visit (link) and answer. Thank you!"

Then another message is given when the fine/warning is applied

"Because of your fairplay problem (link) your team get a fine..."

As for Idefix, the first was sent the 3rd of January (advising of fpk case opening) and the second the 16th of January.

Hope it's all clear now (and that I understood all as well) ;)

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:32 pm

Sounds good to me, thanks!

luques

Post by luques » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:07 am

Idéfix wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:38 pm
Hey!
Thx Luques. Yes the job was done, i was well informed. But did not reach info, as i mostly connect through my phone, and never check ingame inbox through this way. So i just get the info yesterday.
I met several members in races since Jan 3rd, but not a word about this case. Anyway no problem about that communication, it is not my question. But if you can answer to PTT's trolling messages which are not my question, maybe you could answer to my real question... ;-) or ostrich mode?

*when i say "Ostrich", nothing to do with you, FL ^^
No problem, just wanted to clarify for everybody how it works ;)

ProTour-Team

Post by ProTour-Team » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:14 am

please dont make your bugusing about me.

(if you feel like opening a thread bc i give "0" as fairplayvotings do so)

ProTour-Team

Post by ProTour-Team » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:35 am

luckily i dont care what you request

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:16 am

Idéfix wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:43 am

I won't cry for 50k, but on the principle, please could someone from FPK explain?
Hi Idefix,

Please excuse the late reply from FPK. I did not read the whole thread after the decision because indeed there was a lot of posts (maybe some even spam). As you probably know, a decision always depends on many FPK members, so I can only give my opinion, which I hope to be in line with the other FPK members, but which is not necessarily in line with other FPK member. In this case, in fact, all FPK members voted for a 50k fine for you. My reason is the following:

1. It is no doubt that bug-using is unfair. (But we are working on an update of fairplay to make this and other fairplay rules more clear and easy to understand.)
2. It is evident and you confirm, that riders of you jumped into front group and stay there.
3. We saw it as evident, that Team Armorique mentioned the bug in race chat, but you did not drop the rider.
4. As such, we view it as an unfair behavior, but kept the fine small with 50k because you did not profit from the act, because we saw the mitigating circumstances that you mentioned (e.g. many pave-bug-km, many teams) and because there are no other recent cases against you.

As far as you mention other teams, we followed cases against Liquigas CND, who got fined 110,000, mainly because he profited more from the bug using, and a case against Team Armorique, who got fined 0, because there was not enough evidence against him. No other team got accused of the bug-use and where there is no accuse, it is difficult to judge.

Hope this makes the decision clear for everybody.

Gipfel
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:36 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:24 am

- FPK members do not care to agree with each other on the reasons of the fine. There is no debate?
We have this forum, an FPC forum and an ingame chat just for FPC. So there is room for debate. But there is no need for unanimous vote. FPC can have different opinions like any judges can have different opinions. Leso/Buh make the final decision based on the opinions.
Idéfix wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:24 am
as you mention on 1), the rules about bug use are not written. Hard to get punished for a lack of fairness for an unwritten rules, while some unfair unwritten situation are never punished. [...] Moreover, on these unwritten rules, a small message on the news, during the day, like "beware with the dh pavé bug, FPK is currently working on a rule on it, please try to cancel its effects in race" would have made any fine more acceptable.
I agree and as I am a new, young member of FPC, I can say that. I will be pushing for three things during my time with FPK:

1. Update and create more precise fairplay rules. To increase fairness in game and to make it more attractive for new players. This includes things like writing down unwritten rules among others.
2. Increase number of FPC members. To make faster and more balanced decisions.
3. Increase power of FPC. To let Luques/Leso/Buh work.
on more important parts of the game, like developing the game and increase number of players.

Hope to get the community support to improve FPC.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.