Andes 21h

Discussion about fairness-stuff. Advices of breach of rules and so on.

Moderators: systemmods, fairplaymods

whisbone

Andes 21h

Post by whisbone » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:27 pm

Situation before the last stage :
General : 1 Hibiki Tachibana (Poke )
2 Walenty Warchol ( Whisbone ) at 2mn15 or 2mn 45 ( i dont remember)

km 80 (approx) walenty attacks with a teammate and 4 other runners follow. These 4 other riders are far from the overall standings and do not help the 2 Whisbone riders at all (this is normal)
Tachibana, the yellow jersey is in trouble in the peloton, his team is reduced to 3 riders, and the gap increases between the breakaways and the pack and walenty becomes virtual yellow jersey, but the Uhlsport team starts to roll in the peloton , the gap decreases between the group and the pack.
I propose Uhlsport to attack rather than pull the pack, he continues to roll.
I ask him politely, without aggression, why is he rolling so hard for no personal reason and his answer was: "I love more Poke, and you were celebrating too early"
I dont know where i was celebrating too early, and i just want to ask if the LOVE STORIES are allowed by FPK .

At the end of the stage, Walenty Warchol misses 5 or 8 seconds to win this Tour of the Andes.
The stage was exciting, but the behavior of Uhlsport spoiled this end of this tour.

Gipfelstuermer

Re: Andes 21h

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:02 pm

I was in the race and Whis is mostly correct in his description. However, this is probably no case for the FPK because Uhlsport did not break any rules and I don't suspect any Love Story (or Multi Story) between Poke and Uhlsport. Even though Uhl was riding for Poke more than once during the tour without any real reason, there is no other suspiciuos behavior and the case can be closed.

In fact, Whis, you also engaged in riding for Poke during Stage 13, so I don't think there is a reason to push it to the FPK.

Congrats Poke for the Andes Win and Whis, you can relax and try next time (just as I have to, who finished 3rd.)
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

whisbone

Post by whisbone » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:11 pm

Thank you for your answer, but I'm just reporting the facts that happened during this last step.
    I do not ask for any sanction against Uhlsport or anyone else.

I lost, this round, congratulations to Poke and all those who knew how to make live this race.

It seems to me that in the rules of fairplay, we talk about connivance between teams. Which was a little bit the case.

If you want to close the file, no problem for me.

About step 13, you say that I helped Poke, while I attacked him and I took him 3 minutes on the pavement.

OK, let's close the page about this Tour which was nice to run, but let's try to simplify these fairplay rules

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:20 pm

Well, there is a part in the rules that states:

- unrealistic arrangements are not allowed
- every manager must do the best for his team . Separation of private and RSF is required

Especially the first rule allows for a widespreat interpretation in combination with the latter point. Probably not fitting here, as this was no arrengement, but a decision from Uhlsport alone.
Yet, the second rule, you could make a case that it was violated, for sympathy for a manager is something private. Hence, I think this case is worth a statement by the committee of how it views such cases.

ProTour-Team

Post by ProTour-Team » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:11 pm

We never had any fines because of those rules while there were and are many many cases they would fit perfectly.
Maybe with a more active fpk it wouldnt be that way, but on the other hand doesnt it nearly happen every race that somebody makes tempo for something/somebody he doesnt profit the most from?
Hard to draw lines there, especially if there wasnt a fpk member in the race or at least watching it.. So overall i can understand why it gets handled that way while it can be horribly annoying, too^^

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:22 pm

You cannot punish bad tactics, I understand that. In many cases, it's just money hunting and thus a case of personal view point.

The difference here is that the true reason was admitted. If you punish that, it will probably the last time any team admits that. Don't now if the result "Not allowed, but unfined" is the better way to put it, as (and we know that very well with the team attacks) this means basically "allowed to everyone".

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:31 am

Sure it wasn't nice to intefere like that in GK. And else if here it is a strange case, thing like that always happen, maybe because of the essence of the game and that sport itself. We play with the same people each time so all actions can be a reason to have some collaboration or even no agression agreement between some teams. Or contrarly to be blacklist by others teams.
In that condition how can we determine when a team pass the limit of "doing the best for his team" when we don't know if his action isn't due to some secret arrangement or a waiting payback in the future ?