Fairplay in short races

Discussion about fairness-stuff. Advices of breach of rules and so on.

Moderators: systemmods, fairplaymods

radekdeboktor

Fairplay in short races

Post by radekdeboktor » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:54 am

When a guy break fairplay rules in short races, nothing can be done?
Team Boktorense

ATB - Racing

Re: Fairplay in short races

Post by ATB - Racing » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:26 am

some informations what happened could be usefull.

lesossies
Site Admin

Post by lesossies » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:23 am

radekdeboktor wrote:When a guy break fairplay rules in short races, nothing can be done?
He should get a warning message for the first rules breaking.
shorts races are to learn too,

luques

Post by luques » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:42 pm

@Radekboktor: next time that happens, print the race info, chat and everything can be useful for us to judge, he will get a warning hoping that he understand and become an active player ;)

In general, i said many times that short races are a little far west, i think that fair play rules for a short race should be changed too...

I mean look at 2. Successful attack (no following) with more than 5 different riders of one team during 20 km ( out of the same group) if these riders end up in the same group. This rule is deactivated in the second half of every race.

What sense has in a short race where you have only 4 riders? Change it or cut it, people tend to read more if the thing is short.

- It is forbidden to be sitted in 1 day races, should be it is forbidden to be sitted in short races (but we really need to say it? :) )

The link you provide at the end www.radsportfreaks.com/radsport/anleitung.php#fairness, it's german only, i don't think is necessary.

We can also discuss special rules for short races (i mean saying that the rule is deactivated from -20km to the end, and the short race is long 30, max 40km doesn't have much effect).

I understand that probably the aim was to mantain the same rules between real and short race but some things in my opinion should be changed to fit the fact that the race is short.