Sitter for every stage of a tour

Discussion about fairness-stuff. Advices of breach of rules and so on.

Moderators: systemmods, fairplaymods

Alkworld

Sitter for every stage of a tour

Post by Alkworld » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:14 am

In Denmark's 10am edition the question arose, if RFM has a sitter for every single stage of this tour. Apparently it's not written anywhere that this would be forbidden, but it's still questionable.
1) Question to RFM: Is it really like that? (No answer during this tour would imply it's true ;) )
2) If yes, should RFM still be allowed to join this tour?
RideforMoney: Salut les gens , j'vais probablement courir Danemark à dix heures à partir du 31.. et comme vous le savez , j'suis pas là entre le 31 et le 2 ( peut être le 3 mais pas sur )... enfin bref. J'ai juste besoin d'un sitter.
Equipe Mathematique: problem is just that its not clearly forbidden anywhere, i think
RideforMoney: i hope he will come back second or third
Alkworld: I'm writing a forum post
RideforMoney: not sure at all, against me he said 2 or 3 but i saw him saying in chat 4th
Equipe Mathematique: thats even worse than sitting in oneday races
ChartreuseCycle: but we should clarify
ChartreuseCycle: am not sure
Alkworld: agree
Equipe Mathematique: if its true that he isnt there for a single day he should be kicked imo
Equipe Mathematique: wtf?
ChartreuseCycle: as far as I know he registered and found a sitter for EACH day...
ChartreuseCycle: RASTA do you know when RFM will be active on this tour ?
RideforMoney: i dont know, the same day i will go on holidays --'
Equipe Mathematique: hm
Equipe Mathematique: "the first days"
Alkworld: so you'll sit him five days?

chartreusecycle

Re: Sitter for every stage of a tour

Post by chartreusecycle » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:24 am

BE CAREFULL

RFM is just using the rules as they are today: sitting or tour is allowed / sitting on one day race is not.

To me RFM should NOT be kick-out of this tour as he does not break the rule BUT a new rule should be implemented for sitting: a manager should ride enough stages himself to not be kicked out by a 60% rule.
Paris - Roubaix 2016
Milan - San Remo 2015
Tour de France 2013

4x French Champion 2017, 2018, 2020
GP E3 Harelbeke 2020
2x Paris - Tours 2013, 2019
Gand - Wevelgem 2018
Amstel 2015
Fleche Wallonne 2015

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:30 am

so far it's not forbidden...

problem is, you can't control it...until buhmann finally shows up again after weeks(months?) and change the "sitting-function" to something usefull.....so i guess in 5,6 month or he doesn't change it all, cause it's not important in his point of view ...enough ideas were posted in the past
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:33 am

And again, this case calls for a reform of a sitting system, resp. calls for the introduction of an ingame sitting option in the sitter's account instead of just accessing the account who is sitted. Then you could easily let the offline rule work for the sitted account, as it is clearly (and technically) visible, if the account(-owner) itself or a sitter is online.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:36 am

team fl wrote:And again, this case calls for a reform of a sitting system, resp. calls for the introduction of an ingame sitting option in the sitter's account instead of just accessing the account who is sitted. Then you could easily let the offline rule work for the sitted account, as it is clearly (and technically) visible, if the account(-owner) itself or a sitter is online.
should be the best idea @this topic
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

chartreusecycle

Post by chartreusecycle » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:47 am

Team Stone-Cold FL <3

Fully agree
Paris - Roubaix 2016
Milan - San Remo 2015
Tour de France 2013

4x French Champion 2017, 2018, 2020
GP E3 Harelbeke 2020
2x Paris - Tours 2013, 2019
Gand - Wevelgem 2018
Amstel 2015
Fleche Wallonne 2015

luques

Post by luques » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:16 pm

Rockstar Inc wrote:so far it's not forbidden...

problem is, you can't control it...until buhmann finally shows up again after weeks(months?) and change the "sitting-function" to something usefull
Same as the multi-thing, what you do of a rule if you can't control it?
But ok insert it in the fair play rules because actually it is legal...

The idea of FL seems to work well, i have only one doubt:

The system is made to sit someone by your account right? What happens if instead of doing this i give him the password as i do right now? there is a system that can check this?
For example PTT sitting Maurice, with this system PTT wasn't able to sit him by his account, but if he had the Maurice pwd nothing would have changed, am i missing something? I was thinking of IP check but can be easily bypassed.

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:08 pm

luques wrote:The system is made to sit someone by your account right? What happens if instead of doing this i give him the password as i do right now? there is a system that can check this?
For example PTT sitting Maurice, with this system PTT wasn't able to sit him by his account, but if he had the Maurice pwd nothing would have changed, am i missing something? I was thinking of IP check but can be easily bypassed.
That's a back door indeed. I can't think of a technical solution for that problem, but I would simply forbid that. And with "that" I mean both: accessing another account than your own and facilitating others to access your account (incl. exchange of passwords etc.). If an abuse or breach of that rule is detected, ban both accounts. Of course you will have the same problems like in the current PTT case. But by being very strict in such cases and just say NO to ANY possibility with severe penalties if detected would at least prevent the most attempts, imo.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:48 am

rfm was able to blabla in the chat for 2h in the evening :roll: but getting sitted 5/5 stages @denmark...good joke

luques

Post by luques » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:55 pm

I want a fair play reform! :D

Anyway one of the most ridiculous thing is the planned sitter, i mean, can happen that you need a sitter for a couple of days because your computer break, last moment meeting etc... the same can happen in a long tour when you know you have family days etc...

But inscribing to a tour of 5 days and saying already before i can't be here 1st, 2nd and 4th stage... what you are inscribing for :D ? Where is the fun?

It's a game not a real company , otherwise it's like having a Vice-President, in this case you should be considered a multi? ;)

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:00 am

a first thing would be that the other players should learn NOT to sit them in such a case

luques

Post by luques » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:54 am

Rockstar Inc wrote:a first thing would be that the other players should learn NOT to sit them in such a case
Giving a fine for both (the sitted and the sitter) can be a solution?

Actually it is not even in the fairplay rules that you can't be sitted for more than 50% of the stages, inserting it would be fine

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:28 am

of course it's not in the rules...more a "unspoken rules" thing...

ATB - Racing

Post by ATB - Racing » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:18 pm

i looked for a sitter for La Vuelta for 3 weeks. Nobody answered me ..... i hate you.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:33 pm

ATB - Racing wrote:i looked for a sitter for La Vuelta for 3 weeks. Nobody answered me ..... i hate you.
Ask ptt ?

ATB - Racing

Post by ATB - Racing » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:32 pm

not even Ptt answered my request ... NOBODY. still hating you.

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:49 pm

you didn't asked me ;)

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:27 pm

Another one for the list of PTTs.