Multi suspects: Pavler/Sporties/ProTour

Discussion about fairness-stuff. Advices of breach of rules and so on.

Moderators: systemmods, fairplaymods

Pedrocito

Re: Multi suspects: Pavler/Sporties/ProTour

Post by Pedrocito » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:58 pm

having nothing to hide is a fact; but I guess that's not a reason to give all those informations about you, just for a game on the Internet.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Intersting thoughts about internet privacy in times where people reveal their most intimate things in the internet via Facebook, twitter, blogs and many more channels. Besides the fact that the some most professional led games in the internet want you to register with full name, adress and date of birth. Of course they are bound to data protection rules (f.e. about giving personal data to a third party). I understand when leso and Buhman say that they don't want to be responsible for such personal data, but I think it's a rather ridiculous if users claim their right for "privacy" in this case.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:39 pm

Pedrocito wrote:having nothing to hide is a fact; but I guess that's not a reason to give all those informations about you, just for a game on the Internet.
Read my post again, I was talking about Data which is avaiable to collect making bank transfer. Name, last name and account number. I wrote that scanning ID isnt good etc. Such a data like name and last name, sure are private, but I don't have objection to give it if I know the reason why some is asking me about it. About account number, I can give you it right now in this post and everybody cas see it. The only thing what you will be able to do with it, is to send me money and I have no problem with that.

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:47 pm

lesossies wrote:
Radomiak wrote: So the rsf admin can just collect some basic info, like name, lastname, associate it with the game account. Same goes with paypal.
3) What data will be stored?
Name, lastname, number of your bank accout or paypal adress.
We absolutely dont want to collect and store so much personal informations.
You are already collecting some of the users data, this players who buy rsf-license. Of course you don't collect them by asking us about it or storing them by yourself. But in any time you can check them on your bank account or paypal. So the only change would be actually being able to collect it and store. I am 100% aware that you will have to make it legal by adding some law clause. And thats it. Also this data is very basic and even if someone somehow would steal it. He only would be able to send us money :) But i wrote such a database should be offline due to security anyway.

luques

Post by luques » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:52 pm

Radomiak wrote:
Pedrocito wrote:having nothing to hide is a fact; but I guess that's not a reason to give all those informations about you, just for a game on the Internet.
Read my post again, I was talking about Data which is avaiable to collect making bank transfer. Name, last name and account number. I wrote that scanning ID isnt good etc. Such a data like name and last name, sure are private, but I don't have objection to give it if I know the reason why some is asking me about it. About account number, I can give you it right now in this post and everybody cas see it. The only thing what you will be able to do with it, is to send me money and I have no problem with that.
The problem is that in general there is always something that people don't want give, can be where you live, can be your paypal adress, can be your name and surname, can be your facebook profile, your phone number and so on.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:53 pm

That's the thing today: Everbody just wants to take ;)
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:54 pm

luques wrote:Some time ago I saw a couple of web sites using the IP Check on login.

What i mean? They take your IP when you login (when you register too), and they do automatically some checks about the nation your ip is. If they find that you changed your ip nation they block your account and call you a potential cheater, you have to explain why to the admin.

I know this can be only a partial solution but sure it's an automatic way to discourage.

About sending personal info, i don't have nothing to hide so no prob for me, but every player here has something that doesn't want to share (and i understand him).
The IP check isn't effective security check and admins can only check if someone change IP every login, if they are from same country like you wrote. But it's still to weak. I use proxy for other things, I actually pay for them. I have around 50 private proxies from a few different countries. They don't change at all and they are hard-proxies. It's not possible for anybody to check if I actually use proxy or not.

Checking IP isn't a way to detect multies. But also I don't have better solutions which could be implemented easly in browser game :(

luques

Post by luques » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:56 pm

team fl wrote:Intersting thoughts about internet privacy in times where people reveal their most intimate things in the internet via Facebook, twitter, blogs and many more channels. Besides the fact that the some most professional led games in the internet want you to register with full name, adress and date of birth.
A bit OFF but it is really interesting :)

Don't know exactly what people feels (don't have facebook, don't have twitter, don't have a blog, i disappear every time there is a photo/video :D ), but seems that when they are on a social network they think that they can see everything of the others and the others can't know nothing of them...

About the second thing, yep they want this, but actually i don't know how many people insert real data, for all the other i will be always Mario Rossi ;)

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:01 pm

luques wrote:
Radomiak wrote:
The problem is that in general there is always something that people don't want give, can be where you live, can be your paypal adress, can be your name and surname, can be your facebook profile, your phone number and so on.
I 100% understand. And actually while I was posting my idea i wasn't sure if this is a good idea, or it's too drastic change. But I don't have any better solution to check multies in browser game. If it would be stand alone client it would be possible to for example check hard drive serial number. Sure you can still cheat it but it's much much harder than changing IP. To do it you would need some proper knowlegde, at least I don't know how to do it :)

luques

Post by luques » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:17 pm

Radomiak wrote: I 100% understand. And actually while I was posting my idea i wasn't sure if this is a good idea, or it's too drastic change.
Actually i think your idea was great,but i know there would be some resistance ;)
Radomiak wrote:The IP check isn't effective security check and admins can only check if someone change IP every login, if they are from same country like you wrote. But it's still to weak.
I know that the IP check is weak, the idea was to make it automatic. I mean actually i think that it works in this way, we have a suspect, we say in the forum leso checks.
Automatic means that Leso didn't have to do nothing, just get alerted when something strange happens :) , so the 1 every 5/10 who makes a mistake at least get caught

And after all i am re evaluating Singe's idea of making two different categories for who pays and who plays for free

lesossies
Site Admin

Post by lesossies » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:39 pm

IP change check maybe a good idea

ATB - Racing

Post by ATB - Racing » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:00 pm

MSV Regenwetter???

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:43 pm

In the meantime unblock PTT and block the transition teams IMO a good idea...
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

luques

Post by luques » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:56 pm

Robyklebt wrote:In the meantime unblock PTT and block the transition teams IMO a good idea...
Here it is a list of suspect:

MSV Regenwetter
RSV Hessen
Josemans Equipe?

Someone others?

Quick

Post by Quick » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:53 pm

War PTT mal chicksa? Wäre interessant zu wissen... iwie.
J-Czucz hype train

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:04 pm

Interessante Frage... die Idee hatte der Affe noch nicht. Irgendwie aber wohl eher nicht? PTT ist doch einfach Nilkheim? Chicksa war irgendwie anders vom Stil her, regte sich schneller auf.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

ATB - Racing

Post by ATB - Racing » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:56 pm

ProTour-Team wrote:and? as leso already said, the ban is/was for PTT and not for me..
btw this statement gets lost somehow.
would be nice to get an answer ... why is Maurice writing in ptts forum account? or is he the same?
well perhaps buh and leso should think about a "Schutzsperre". for all of them

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:15 am

Block ban teams is not a soloution..PTT is a real "freak"..you can't stop him from playing the game...you can ban all the teams of the game he would create others...just give him a chance unblock his mainteam ProTourTeam, block the curent teams he's using (he can give a list)..put the "rsf marathon" on the calendar and he would stop using many teams..

Hunsrueck

Post by Hunsrueck » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:09 pm

and he goes on and on, on .. more .....

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:01 pm

cataracs wrote:Block ban teams is not a soloution..PTT is a real "freak"..you can't stop him from playing the game...you can ban all the teams of the game he would create others...just give him a chance unblock his mainteam ProTourTeam, block the curent teams he's using (he can give a list)..put the "rsf marathon" on the calendar and he would stop using many teams..
That's what I was proposing, well part of it, the other part then was some occasional 2-3 days ban....
But.... why... the guy has shown he has no respect for the game, we all know that he has Regenwetter and Hessen now, he didn't even really try to hide who he is with both teams. Sometimes in chats he claims that he tried to get his main team back, sending PM to leso or Buh... but seriously, how can anybody believe him? Banned, he pretty openly rides with 2 new teams. Even without this last "insult" of course you couldn't believe or trust him, but after this even less. Very likely he has more teams anyway, be obvious with 2, knowing that sooner or later they'll be banned, keep a few more secret ones too... What to do? I'm out of ideas too. There's nothing that can be done about people with no honor like him (and there are others too).

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:38 pm

There's one solution only. Play by identification, including regular video chats. Like doping tests in real life. Annoying as fuck, really great cheaters won't get catched or pay of Buhmann, so just like real life :-)

luques

Post by luques » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:18 pm

glasgowracing wrote:There's one solution only. Play by identification, including regular video chats. Like doping tests in real life. Annoying as fuck, really great cheaters won't get catched or pay of Buhmann, so just like real life :-)
I don't want to see an ape playing!

ATB - Racing

Post by ATB - Racing » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:21 pm

luques wrote:
glasgowracing wrote:There's one solution only. Play by identification, including regular video chats. Like doping tests in real life. Annoying as fuck, really great cheaters won't get catched or pay of Buhmann, so just like real life :-)
I don't want to see an ape playing!
well drunken ape, could be funny, somehow :lol: :mrgreen:

luques

Post by luques » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:17 pm

RacingStar stopped to play (maybe someone forget about him)

Nice stats from Regenwetter and Hessen, both started to play 18/08, 61 race for msv vs 58 race of Hessen, this month they both did 21 race! En Plein! :D

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:20 pm

We can add Freidenker to the list?
Team : SM Team
Victoires d'étape : 374 ; dont les 5 monuments et les 3 GTs !
Hall of Fame : Katrasnik: 26724 pts