Hitler and Pinochet

Discussion about fairness-stuff. Advices of breach of rules and so on.

Moderators: systemmods, fairplaymods

auxilium torino

Hitler and Pinochet

Post by auxilium torino » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:54 pm

zwei neue fahrer, mit diktatoren name, bitte handeln, Buh, danke!
Allenatore Italia - Manager Dainese OG 10 bronzo TTT
Manager SantiNelli WC 10/10 argento TT
Manager SantiNelli WC 3/11 6/11Oro TT
Allenatore Italia WC 9/11 Oro RR
Non contare mai il numero dei tuoi avversari... affrontali!
Multi hostes, multus honor

glasgowracing

Re: Hitler and Pinochet

Post by glasgowracing » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:33 am

Adolf Hitler belongs to team -XXX- who also has a Gaylord and a Hinterlader. Obviously that Adolf can't be the Hitler Aux is referring to, cause that Adolf would never ride in a team with Gaylords and Backloaders (hinterlader).
So I think Adolf Hitler is therefore ok as a name. haha.

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:35 am

hmm, is is a coincidence that Pinochet's team Hispano-Canada has a Dickycock in his team? :-)

Hasselhoff

Post by Hasselhoff » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:09 pm

Some people really don't have some hobbies... :ugeek:
"Man sollte nicht alles glauben, was man im Internet liest"- Abraham Lincoln

Jockelsteam

Post by Jockelsteam » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:37 pm

That's ene criminal act and could be prosecuted. The name and the ideas should not be placed in public networks. What the fool does at home should not really matter. But we should be satisfied with its morbid name. A disgrace for Germany. Ugh

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:19 am

Pinochet und Hitler weiter in spiel sind, (Hitler sind sogar 4 in moment)...
ein hitler und ein Pinochet fahren in gleiche team, mit Saddam Hussein, Mussolini, Franco, etc.etc....so ein spieler sollte es verbannt werden.

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:15 am

After -XXX- with hitler in team another team with name from star wars , -III-
probably a multi, please check the ip, thx!

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:51 am

I know, this is not usual. But would it be a thought to either change the name of these riders and/or delete them when they're on the transfer market. And of course write an ingame message to the name giving team that this is not allowed and will be penalised?

I have an example of a team (Wisenhof) that bought a rider called Benito Mussolini, realising only afterwards, that the rider has a shit name, while mainly looking a the skills and the price. The team is quite new and perhaps this would be an opportunity to change the rider's name.

Of course, changing a riders name should not become a habit at RSF, esp. because it would be a lot of work for Buhmann, but in such a rare and special case I think it would be suitable.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Wisenhof

Post by Wisenhof » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:11 am

thanks team fl for your post. i´ve buy the driver becouse of the good price.
Is this possible to ammend the name?

many thanks in advance

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:39 am

team fl wrote:I know, this is not usual. But would it be a thought to either change the name of these riders and/or delete them when they're on the transfer market. And of course write an ingame message to the name giving team that this is not allowed and will be penalised?

I have an example of a team (Wisenhof) that bought a rider called Benito Mussolini, realising only afterwards, that the rider has a shit name, while mainly looking a the skills and the price. The team is quite new and perhaps this would be an opportunity to change the rider's name.

Of course, changing a riders name should not become a habit at RSF, esp. because it would be a lot of work for Buhmann, but in such a rare and special case I think it would be suitable.
yeah should be changed, and in case of teams whos manager gave the name the rider should be erased without giving him the money back as a little punishment
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:18 pm

flockmastoR wrote:
team fl wrote:I know, this is not usual. But would it be a thought to either change the name of these riders and/or delete them when they're on the transfer market. And of course write an ingame message to the name giving team that this is not allowed and will be penalised?

yeah should be changed, and in case of teams whos manager gave the name the rider should be erased without giving him the money back as a little punishment
Just a name like Adolf Hitler should not be touted as offensive as they don't insult anyone with an open mind. I.e. some could feel offended, if you name a rider Mitt Romney. In my view, that's their problem. It's not smart to give riders names like Pinochet, but just a name can not be offensive. These figures are people of our history - if you like it or not.

If someone gives a rider a name, which is not insulting "like Jewsare Arseholes" or "Kill TheMulsims" or "Bomb Mogolia" or "German AreCocksuckers" (I can make up more if you need more examples.. hehe), then a name should stand.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:49 pm

The question if such names should be allowed or not is a rather philosophical one. You offer a good argument to let them be. Furthermore, once used, these names cannot be used again, only if altered. Anyway, as this has already been discussed before and it was stated that they should not be allowed (let me quickly search this topic-> viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1047&hilit=name&start=25, well it's not stated that it's not allowed, but read the last post by Buhmann), it's only the question how these names should be taken care of by RSF/Buhmann, if at all.

Btw, has anybody the text in mind that pops up when you name a rider?
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:21 pm

GAM OVer

Haha

Ok ok, ontopic

1. Unfortunate for Wisenhof, but....... how about responsability? Look at the name, not only the skills. Now you have Benito Mussolini in your team... deal with it.
2. It's still a question where the limit is.. .what is ok, what not. Adolf Hitler not ok, agree. We don't need him in the game. But where is the limit? Pinochet, pff, not a fan for sure, but.... he doesn't bother me in the game really. Same for many others. Hitler out, with his most important boys, ok. Stalin, Mao, join him, no problem. Idi Amin, Pol Pot? It's far from us, we are less sensitive about that, but... don't know.
3. Mass... a guy filling his team with them, ok, "kill" all.
4. In the end the only clean clear solution would be: Add: No names or clones of famous politicians. No Angela Merkel, no Angelo Merkel, No George Bush, No Georgette Bush, no Salvador Allende, no whatever. Alk would not be happy....

I'm not really for nr 4 either somehow but think would be the only clear decision. Otherwise it's... where's the limit. Ok the minimalist limit for me is fairly clear, famous Nazis, Stalin, Mao. The rest is... ? Don't know even myself, and for others maybe more would be in, for others like Glasgow everybody ok, it's part of history, yep.

The text is something about "sinnvoll" btw.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:19 pm

Robyklebt wrote:GAM OVer

Haha

Ok ok, ontopic

1. Unfortunate for Wisenhof, but....... how about responsability? Look at the name, not only the skills. Now you have Benito Mussolini in your team... deal with it.
2. It's still a question where the limit is.. .what is ok, what not. Adolf Hitler not ok, agree. We don't need him in the game. But where is the limit? Pinochet, pff, not a fan for sure, but.... he doesn't bother me in the game really. Same for many others. Hitler out, with his most important boys, ok. Stalin, Mao, join him, no problem. Idi Amin, Pol Pot? It's far from us, we are less sensitive about that, but... don't know.
3. Mass... a guy filling his team with them, ok, "kill" all.
4. In the end the only clean clear solution would be: Add: No names or clones of famous politicians. No Angela Merkel, no Angelo Merkel, No George Bush, No Georgette Bush, no Salvador Allende, no whatever. Alk would not be happy....

I'm not really for nr 4 either somehow but think would be the only clear decision. Otherwise it's... where's the limit. Ok the minimalist limit for me is fairly clear, famous Nazis, Stalin, Mao. The rest is... ? Don't know even myself, and for others maybe more would be in, for others like Glasgow everybody ok, it's part of history, yep.

The text is something about "sinnvoll" btw.
2. Well, where draw the line? It's easy, a first name and a last name alone is not offensive. If someone wants to fill his/her team with "famous bastards", so it be.
4. Well, where draw the line? It's easy, a first name and a last name alone is not offensive. If someone wants to fill his/her team with famous names I dislike, that's most often my subjective view on things. Won't mention name, cause everybody should feel free to give any First Name and Last Name combination they like. For me it's pretty clear, that a person naming riders mentioned in the opening few statements of this thread, could actually just think it's funny, just like I think one of my jokes is funny and where I'm maybe the only one every having laughed about it. * Joke is below at +++ in German.

Btw, think about it. Once a name like Adlof Hitler is deleted someone else can create a rider with this name. But once such a rider retires, the name is blocked for a long time. Another reason why I think such names should stand.

+++ Schweizerdeutsch für Tellerchen? Tellerli. Schweizerdeutsch für "kleines Tellerchen"? Tellerlili

lesossies
Site Admin

Post by lesossies » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:59 pm

glasgowracing wrote:Btw, think about it. Once a name like Adlof Hitler is deleted someone else can create a rider with this name. But once such a rider retires, the name is blocked for a long time. Another reason why I think such names should stand.
Yes this the best way , let us block the "bad" names with retired rider.
If I get the name of these ones, I could do the job.

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:01 pm

if work, ditadors is Banned!

please, inform us if you see one of this team in race, Thanks!