The Multi

Discussion about fairness-stuff. Advices of breach of rules and so on.

Moderators: systemmods, fairplaymods

Schartner Bombe

The Multi

Post by Schartner Bombe » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:01 pm

I have to ask this questions because of today's romandie race. there we have the team "lord" which has a "ban".
he has a "ban" and started the first race yesterday - my team was in this race the day before, it was a ITT - dont know why "lord " is banned?
is it possible to be banned weeks before and than take a new name and ride on? this would be a multi paradise :-)
so if this team is a multi, it seems to be easy to have more teams - maybe only to buy good riders as a new team and never ride with them? - they are getting more money to join the game?

flockmastoR

Re: The Multi

Post by flockmastoR » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:45 pm

Obviously it was a multi. Sometimes it has reasons why such cases are not discussed in public threads. First, it is pretty clear what teams were logged into with the same IP. Sometimes it makes sense to observe the behaviour a bit before noticing the manager that he is under investigation. There is still the possibility of a coincidence or relatives (see Hansa - Team-Mojabahs). Here it was pretty clear as the manager was conspicuous with his behaviour and we noticed other Multis all registered within a short time (which he already used in at least a one day race).

No lord was just created some days ago. There is no way around a ban by renaming your team.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Schartner Bombe

Post by Schartner Bombe » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:23 pm

flockmastoR wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:45 pm
Obviously it was a multi. Sometimes it has reasons why such cases are not discussed in public threads. First, it is pretty clear what teams were logged into with the same IP. Sometimes it makes sense to observe the behaviour a bit before noticing the manager that he is under investigation. There is still the possibility of a coincidence or relatives (see Hansa - Team-Mojabahs). Here it was pretty clear as the manager was conspicuous with his behaviour and we noticed other Multis all registered within a short time (which he already used in at least a one day race).

No lord was just created some days ago. There is no way around a ban by renaming your team.
ok, ok I understand. but than its an NSA challange to know the multis? you have to sort them out manually or not?
How do you know a multi - who, does 10 teams now when you are sleeping - buying the best riders for fun ... and so on ... and never plays with this teams? maybe the question is too indiscreet - and I dont need an answer in the forum, but wanted to initialize these questions. but I know you admins think about, so thats good :-)

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:31 pm

IPs are checked at each login. Teams with same IP are displayed in the FP Internal tool.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:16 pm

FPC is constantly banning multis. 26 cases in less than 6 months. It's a normal procedure, which happens in many online games.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

schappy

Post by schappy » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:00 am

A question for this special case.
He is banned, but he ride the race. Alk says he cannot login again, but it seems he doesnt logout, this seems to be a "Hintertürchen" for guys like this. Until now he didnt do anything strange, but it feels not correct, that he still riding this tour.
I´ve got the magic in me

Schnuggeritos

Post by Schnuggeritos » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:22 am

As it seems to be clear for FPC to ban the team due to multi accounts it should be obvious that a team with a ban should be taken out of a race / tour as well. They get points and money other teams should normally get. In addition they fight for a jersey (in this case mountain) and steal possible candidates mountain points that might miss for a good clash.

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:25 am

I totally agree with Schappy and Schnuggeritos. As the FPC does not have the means to do that, maybe the admins can just take out the team from the race in such cases? Perfectly knowing that some admins are also in the FPC :)
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:09 pm

team fl wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:25 am
I totally agree with Schappy and Schnuggeritos. As the FPC does not have the means to do that, maybe the admins can just take out the team from the race in such cases? Perfectly knowing that some admins are also in the FPC :)
The right tools are missing for that, but we can work on that. The backdoor will also be closed very soon, as the next version will have session management and an automatic logout after one hour. OK, there's a loophole of staying up all night and refreshing, but someone putting that much effort deserves to play ;)