Giro 2023

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Alkworld

Giro 2023

Post by Alkworld » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:45 pm

Giro is coming ... sometime in the near future:
- profiles are ready on flamme rouge
- Giro is prepared in the new Race Editor, stage 1 is already done
- To add more, best start from the race editor, open Giro, open the stage you want to design, click on "Create New Profile" and some data will already be prepopulated.
- rules in the game would be the same as last year. If they changed, we can implement them
- jerseys are also already implemented

Gipfelstuermer

Re: Giro 2023

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:38 am

Is anyone actively working on the Giro?

I see that Alkworld created a list of 21 stages and drafted the first 3 stages in the new editor (not sure how final they are? 1 and 2 under Review and 3 under Design Status). I also see that Poke created stage 4 (status: design).

So maybe worth mentioning here who intends to do what?

If noone is working on it, I can also help and switch from designing one day races to designing Giro. Seems more important and more urgent. But on the other hand, someone will have to do the one day races too...
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:32 pm

i could help on the weekends, but so far i still don't really know where to start for stages of a real tour in the editor
Spelling mistakes are Special functions Like bugs that are functions of the game

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:50 am

lennylenny wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:32 pm
i could help on the weekends, but so far i still don't really know where to start for stages of a real tour in the editor
You can start in the race editor, select a stage that's not completed yet, click on "create new profile" and the profile editor will be prepopulated. After designing, go back to the race editor and link the profile to the stage.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:44 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:38 am
Is anyone actively working on the Giro?

I see that Alkworld created a list of 21 stages and drafted the first 3 stages in the new editor (not sure how final they are? 1 and 2 under Review and 3 under Design Status). I also see that Poke created stage 4 (status: design).

So maybe worth mentioning here who intends to do what?

If noone is working on it, I can also help and switch from designing one day races to designing Giro. Seems more important and more urgent. But on the other hand, someone will have to do the one day races too...
I had some free days so I am working on it for the moment

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:57 pm

Pokemon Club wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:44 pm

I had some free days so I am working on it for the moment
Cool, thanks.

I helped with stages 12-15. Hope no double work there.

You can see it under "Race Editor" --> GIRO.
There you can also link your profiles (each stage) to the race (the whole Giro). I already did for your stages 4-11 but just to let you know.

Later we can also post the stages in the forum, mine are a bit work in progress still.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:12 am

BIG GIRO POST

Thanks Poke for designing some stages. Otherwise I am not sure... we would maybe not have a Giro...

Stages 16-19 still missing so if someone has time... Poke stages still missing a mintact... Review still missing...

So if you have a comment, now is the time.

Maglia Ciclamino Points (same as 2022)
Flat: 50 – 35 – 25 – 18 – 14 – 12 – 10 – 8 – 7 – 6 – 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 1
Middle Mountain: 25 – 18 – 12 – 8 – 6 – 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 1
Mountain / ITT: 15 – 12 – 9 – 7 – 6 – 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 1

IS: 12 – 8 – 6 – 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 1

https://www.cyclingstage.com/giro-2023- ... ification/

Maglia Azzurra Points (same as 2022)
Cima Coppi: 50 – 30 – 20 – 14 – 10 – 6 – 4 – 2 – 1
1st category: 40 – 18 – 12 – 9 – 6 – 4 – 2 – 1
2nd category: 18 – 8 – 6 – 4 – 2 – 1
3rd category: 9 – 4 – 2 – 1
4th category: 3 – 2 – 1

https://www.cyclingstage.com/giro-2023- ... ification/

Bonifications
10-6-4 second at the end of the stage and 3-2-1 second for the second IS. (normal)

The Route (Detailed Profiles in-game under More > Editor > Calendar Preview)
Type: ITT
Min-Tact: km1

Type: Flat
Min-Tact: km185

Type: Hilly
Min-Tact: km175

Min-Tact: km158

Min-Tact: km144

Min-Tact: km124

Type: Mountain
Min-Tact: km192

Min-Tact: km156

REST DAY

Min-Tact: km176

Min-Tact: km208

Min-Tact: km140

Min-Tact: km194

Min-Tact: km178

Min-Tact: km154

REST DAY

Min-Tact: km180

Min-Tact: km186

Min-Tact: km126

Min-Tact: km128

Min-Tact: km98
GIP MASTERPLAN

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:56 pm

Final 4 Profiles added. 2 from Poke. Merci.

Mintact missing for the Poke stages. Ideally some Poke opinion would be good. But others can suggest it too.

Check and Review important. Now is the time to comment.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:33 pm

Now?

Eagle-Eye Donks tired, but ok.
Will definitely check the last km, plus whatever else catches my eyes. Ignore TTs,

2: Mintact.. here somehow ok, more on that later though
3: Did you use the Giro resources? I ask every year, the answer seems to be "no" every year. Look at the climb on the Giro site. The second one is 2.6 at 7.57%. 5-6-6 just seems wrong. According to the Giro site it's 7-8 then the last 500 or slightly less (?) meters at 5.6 Different ways to do it, start at the top, start at the bottom, but there's at least 2 "7" in there. It's probably not overly decisive, even if 6 or 7 makes a biggish difference in siebs, so not tragic to have it wrong, but why not have it right?
-Last km a 0. Look at the site again, you see the last km goes from 522 to 532. Now if that 10 meter gain was early in the last km, 0 is correct. As it happens the last 100-200 meters (no guarantee for precision) are at +5%. That then deserves a +1 or possibly even a +2 for the sprint.
4: Final climb, 5 12 9 9 5 IMO looking at the Girosite detail again, 6 11 10 9 5 seems more correct, with the 6 actually ok as a 7 too, since there it's 5.8+7.4, 500 meters each, that's an average of 6.6
7; Giro site again. We have 10 6 8 for the last 3 km, according to the final km of the Giro it goes up 77 meters, then 85, then 78.. (how they get the average of 7.9 is a bit of a mystery, this would say exacly 8.0) 8 8 8 seems better. Looking at the longer thing, 9 8 8 8 for the last 4 km seems obvious
8: Monte delle Cesane last km should be a 9. Didn't check further, just to mention that it seems the Giro site wasn't used here either. Cappucine is admittedly a bitch to design, 1.65 km at 10,6%, with a km at 4.5 leading in...
9: Giro site says 35 km, not 33.
10: Short mintact. Here my argument for a longer one. On stage 2 it's 20km, starts at a possibly dangerous 5. Ooookay... Here it's a minimalist 10 (or 11) km at around 20 there is a similarly potential danger point with 3 3. Why not there? But Donks of course would put it another 10 km earlier, 30km. General pladoyer for 25-30 on flat stages: At 20 km there is a very critical point on flat stages. The chained attack fairplay rule doesn't count there anymore. That means that teams riding for a sprint, will have to put decent flat riders in tempo then. But of course the potential attackers know that too, so they might try to anticipate, not go at 20, because then the stronger flat riders are expected to be in. So in anticipation of km 20 to go, the kms before that are actually pretty important too. That's in general. In this stage with quite a few siebhills before hand might be a reduced peloton, so the not huge flat power available for the teams in tempo too, then having an ealier mintact is even more important then usual (and I think it is important, helpful for sprinters even on normal flat stages.

Ok, until here...

Will try to continue here tomorrow, just 2 more things that stood out in a fast click-through.

Croix de Coeur, stage 13: There is no 2 on top. (Grand St Bernard there is a lake, so that 1 can fit, probably does, but on Croix de Coeur it looks like it goes straight down again. after a last km of 11

15: 15: 7*for us. Look at the Giro-page. It's 1.2-1.3 km with an average of 7.9% up. Why 7? Should be 8 IMO. The pavé is nasty, but only 180 meters, so * is enough
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:45 am

Not for the moment, only check with LFR for the moment , so good to adapt with official Giro datas

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:58 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:33 pm
10: Short mintact. Here my argument for a longer one. On stage 2 it's 20km, starts at a possibly dangerous 5. Ooookay... Here it's a minimalist 10 (or 11) km at around 20 there is a similarly potential danger point with 3 3. Why not there?
Done.

For the other stages, seems you all want Gipfel mintact, so you shall get Gipfel mintact. Updated above. Last chance to comment on them. Originally wanted to put the Giro online tomorrow for people who want to set form... but now not sure... maybe better to have another 1 or 2 days for potential review/profile fine-tuning. People can look at the profile under

More > Editor > Calendar Preview.
GIP MASTERPLAN