Classiques Belges

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Robyklebt

Re: Classiques Belges

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:57 pm

The dutch Wikipedia has infos on the "hellingen" too btw. (In case you haven't seen that yet)
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:31 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:57 pm
The dutch Wikipedia has infos on the "hellingen" too btw. (In case you haven't seen that yet)
Well, could be another source of infos yeah!

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:43 pm

E3 Prijs Harelbeke... Slight changes in comparison with 2018!

In the final 50km, I only changed Paterberg into a 7** instead of 6**... Rest is the same in the final stages of the race!

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:14 pm

De Panne done... Nothing new in comparison to last year. Race is just shortened!

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:44 pm

DDV done... Challenging one.

What changes is mainly the Varentstraat nearby the end:*/* instead of **/**. Same as in E3 Harelbeke actually.

Taaienberg 6**.

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:15 am

Brabant done...

Infos about final circuit :

Hagaard : 4
Herstraat : 3* (If I remember correctly, riders cannot go anymore on the pedestrian route to avoid the cobble part)
Holstheide : 5
Ijskelderlaan : 4*
Schavei : 4

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:04 am

LBL done.

I mainly use the %age used in 2015 for the climbs. I don't think I have adapted any of them.

New stuffs :

Cote de Mont le Soie - km 160 : 6-7
Les Forges - km 231 : 9-3

And a new final. Finish in the center of Liège, not in Ans. So no Saint Nicolas, neither cote d'Ans. Last climb is la Roche aux Faucons.

Mintakt 217

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:25 pm

No surprise... Final circuit 2 times instead of 3

Mintakt 177, just before the first cobble part!

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:35 pm

Rvv done...

Changes in the final kms with 2018 :

1. Paterberg 7** instead of 7***
2. Taaienberg 6** instead of 6***
3. There is one less km between the top of Hotond and the foot of the last Kwaremont (one 0 less than before, same before the 2nd climb of the Kwarement).. Also, the downhill between these two hills is a bit different.

Rest is similar... No big big changes all in all and normally it's coherent with the hill/cobble rating used in the other flemish classics this year.

Mintakt km 211, just before the foot of the 2nd Kwaremont).

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:48 pm

Just to show you that somebody is actually reading it:

Taaienberg: 6** for Dwars and Ronde, but 7** for E3? Or writing mistake? Ok, checked myself, writing mistake here, it seems 6** to me in E3.

And the higher pavé for the Ronde used to be because they put barriers there for the Ronde. Think I remember you wrote that they did that too now for other races?
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:23 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:48 pm
Just to show you that somebody is actually reading it:

Taaienberg: 6** for Dwars and Ronde, but 7** for E3? Or writing mistake? Ok, checked myself, writing mistake here, it seems 6** to me in E3.

And the higher pavé for the Ronde used to be because they put barriers there for the Ronde. Think I remember you wrote that they did that too now for other races?
Taaienberg quite sure it's always a 6... But as I used all poke work for E3, maybe I forgot to change it there.

I have no clue if they put barriers in every races actually.... But I think it should be neglected all in all.. So ** is my opinion for both Taaienberg and Paterberg.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:14 pm

Sorry, I read it wrong here, so forgot the 6 thing, Taaienberg, Paterberg made a mess of my reading.

Ok on barriers and no change.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:48 am

I remember now why I upgraded cobbles for Taaienberg and Paterberg lasts years : they were too easy. 7** doesn't really make selection, and as it is hard too attack without a boomerang effect need that 7*** for not always have a 20+ riders group sprinting for the win (except with very very very strong monster riders)

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:35 am

Amstel Gold Race : Really hard one to design... Basically, I used references for the climbs from what I did in 2016, with slight differences (Gulpenerberg 7 now instead of 8). So last climb way harder than last year (2-5-2 instead of 2-3-2). And there might be some altitudes problems (normally ok but might be that the foot of each Cauberg/Loorberg/Gulpenerberg has 10m differences or so). I checked 3-4 times but you never know.

Mintakt : 219 (just before the last Gulpenerberg).

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:25 pm

Also done with it.

All in all, some adaptations with 2018 versions and what I designed earlier... Hard to be perfect with this 5,5 kms between Cherave and Mur de Huy.

Mintakt km 148 or 149

Edit : Might have done elevation mistake in the final circuit... Will check it tomorrow...

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:34 pm

Ok, so I wait till Saturday to put it on.

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:50 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:34 pm
Ok, so I wait till Saturday to put it on.
All ok so it can go online

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:15 pm

Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne changed quite a lot, so here is the 2020 version. Feel free to check things:

Kruisberg kept at ** and Oude Kwaremont kept at ***.

Happy to help with some more classiques if necessary as gaurain rx does not seem to be active currently. I quote him below to see if he will be back for the 2020 season :)
gaurain rx wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:50 pm
Anyway, let me know if some specific races need a check or new version. So far, I was more involved in stage race design than one day race design. Already helpful to see list of "To-Do's" in the calendar coordination threads.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:47 pm

De Panne done. Like Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne they look for identity and changed the route. More friendly for sprinters now. De Moeren is supposed to be extremly windy, but that does not change much in RSF ^^

Some more info here. I interpret "Rush sprint" as an IS each time. But not really sure...
https://www.sport.be/driedaagse/nl/stag ... ge_ID=1553
GIP MASTERPLAN

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:28 pm

About this year what we do about the "barriers rule" ? Last year we didn't have it.
In my opinion we should take it in consideration, in real races, riding in hilly cobbles is very different and seems harder than riding on the side of the cobbles.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:53 am

Pokemon Club wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:28 pm
About this year what we do about the "barriers rule" ? Last year we didn't have it.
In my opinion we should take it in consideration, in real races, riding in hilly cobbles is very different and seems harder than riding on the side of the cobbles.
If the designer has the expert knowledge of where exactly are barriers and where are no barriers, OK to adjust by one * in my point of view.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:23 pm

Don't know much about barriers, know that in the past on the Paterberg and the Taaienberg for the big races there were barriers. RVV basically. But not for the others. Don't know how it is now, and if there are any other sections that are/were"barriered" only for RVV. IMO made sense to have it one harder for the barrier editions....

In the meantime Le Samyn done.

Doesn't really belong here, not important enough, but anyway:

5 pavé parts according to la flamme rouge per lap.
Only 4 according to their site. But well, the map shows them going through 5

1 Rue du Vert Pignon (in Erquennes, that's in the profile, shorter). 1600 according to flamme rouge, *. Not mentioned on their site. Last years **. Looks rather easy, could be a *, but a ** fits too, so went for **/*. Due to the shortness of the second km.
2 La Roquette ** according to both Le Samyn and Flamme rouge, according to me too, so *. It's 600 meters
3 Chemin de Wihéries: *** according to both sites, agree again, but 500 meters, so **. These 2 were probably combined into 1 section in our old version, was a *. IMO 2 sections better since there's a 500 meter or so break between the two.. .but one section at ** or *** would be ok too.
4 Cote des Nonettes ***, agree again, between ** and *** I'd say, but 300 meters.. down to *
5 Rue de Belle Vue, in Dour. ***, 700 meters, so down to **

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:14 pm

Harelbeke as announced just copied Gaurains % and * from last year. One change only (unless I did copy mistakes)

Karnemelkbeekstraat, don't think we had that in our files yet. According to the dutch wikipedia it's 1km 5,8%, so a 6%
Other name seems to be Helling van Kraai. Didn't check further, not as thorough as I used to be...

Oude Kwaremont 6-3 with *** as usual. We'll have a different version in Kuurne-B-K this year, didn't check.. well doesn't matter, should be

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:09 am

RVV: IMO won't need to be redone. The parcours seems almost the same, on la flamme rouge 3 km shorter than 2018, 267 instead of 270, but we had 268 last year.
Only change I noticed is that "Ladeuze" is out, Eikenberg in instead. Km shouldn't change because of that, so easy to just replace the percentages there. Yes yes, the track will pass a few meters off, but not worth it do redo all for that.

Other people are welcome to check if they can find other differences. And discussion about the barriers, additional * because of that is welcome too....

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:03 pm

Back here for the time being... but I don't think there will be any needs to design anything for the hilly Belgian/Netherlands classics :-)