Tour 2018

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Robyklebt

Re: Tour 2018

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:45 pm

The ground of the debate :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why would I? My goal here was to show you that your post was completely unnecessary and NOT helpful either, since it came across as purely motivated by friendship.
Cut the hyperbole, the "most realistic possible". Was it that? Are you saying he designed it wrong, badly whatever in 2015? Is this solution clearly the best one? If you had managed a normal post that didn't come across as a blind fanboy one... I wouldn't have posted at all in this discussion.

And while we're at it, why not post something about the "ground of the debate" in the August thread? Just another pointless drive by post without proposing anything specific yourself? Every post helps, but if it's just some "general policy complaints" like you did, then nothing more, in the end it's not helpful at all anymore. Just disruption. Try to be constructive.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:30 pm

No, it wasn't constructive since it came across as a pure fanboy post.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:45 pm

Actually not only my opinion, if you had read the whole thread, you'd know that. :roll:

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:53 pm

Bitching, is that something like what you've been doing for the last hours?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:57 pm

Mmh, doubt you understood the meaning of bitching then... look it up in a dictionary, might help!

luques

Post by luques » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:59 pm

Unfortunately RSF system can't reproduce fully and perfectly the altimetry of real races, just imagine how it works in a climb where a 6% km with max 8% gradient, is not the same as max 14% gradient.

So it's up to the designer making some decisions.

Best decision? Hard to say, everyone has their ideas, usually I just try to stay consistent with other years, if I am designing a climb 8 11 11, then try to keep it also for other years (and not become a 9 10 11 for example).

Perfectly understand Gaurain, he is totally right, but I guess it much depends on the sensibility of the designer.

As for the rest, now it's simply too easy to complain, there was enough info before and enough time to complain, now just head to the last week.

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:22 am

luques wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:59 pm
Unfortunately RSF system can't reproduce fully and perfectly the altimetry of real races, just imagine how it works in a climb where a 6% km with max 8% gradient, is not the same as max 14% gradient.

Best decision? Hard to say, everyone has their ideas, usually I just try to stay consistent with other years, if I am designing a climb 8 11 11, then try to keep it also for other years (and not become a 9 10 11 for example).

Perfectly understand Gaurain, he is totally right, but I guess it much depends on the sensibility of the designer.
In my opinion, Poke did that on purpose. I mean, his decision makes sense but he choosed on purpose one who fits with his riders! That's just how I feel about it. I'll keep it in my to be carefull when it can have an influence on the race I ride.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:44 pm

gaurain rx wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:22 am
luques wrote:

In my opinion, Poke did that on purpose. I mean, his decision makes sense but he choosed on purpose one who fits with his riders! That's just how I feel about it. I'll keep it in my to be carefull when it can have an influence on the race I ride.
For sure I draw for myself to advantage my riders as usual. "blabla I decrease Strade Bianche * because it advantages my team", "I add 1km more at the end to advatage my team", "I put 5% at 150km of the end on flat stages to sieb". Criticism is something, say that I draw official races for myself is another, you can just go fuck if you think that I lost my time to draw race just for that, really.

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:40 am

Pokemon Club wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:44 pm
gaurain rx wrote:
luques wrote:

For sure I draw for myself to advantage my riders as usual. "blabla I decrease Strade Bianche * because it advantages my team", "I add 1km more at the end to advatage my team", "I put 5% at 150km of the end on flat stages to sieb". Criticism is something, say that I draw official races for myself is another, you can just go fuck if you think that I lost my time to draw race just for that, really.
I'll stay on facts/impressions and not in the field you are going. I think I've been decent enough on how I wrote and that I brought enough facts to nourish the debate not to deserve your insults. If you are only able to answer comments on your drawing that way, it only strenghtens my feeling even if I am also convinced you invest time and draw races to help the community.

IBringing facts, explaining your decision, would have helped me think maybe another way.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:05 am

Poke, as you are faking Le Tour and as I was faking Giro for you (careful, irony) , by the way, why did you not add some pave for the champs elysees circuit?

I think we never had that but shouldn't it have some * or even ** km? In reality, riders often get dropped on the circuit even though it may not always be due to pave but due to 3 weeks of cycling. Really just wondering if that was ever discussed for Le Tour.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:39 am

gaurain rx wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:40 am
Pokemon Club wrote:
gaurain rx wrote:
luques wrote:

I'll stay on facts/impressions and not in the field you are going. I think I've been decent enough on how I wrote and that I brought enough facts to nourish the debate not to deserve your insults. If you are only able to answer comments on your drawing that way, it only strenghtens my feeling even if I am also convinced you invest time and draw races to help the community.

IBringing facts, explaining your decision, would have helped me think maybe another way.
For sure you just say something which sounds like "Poke is a cheater" and you think I'll just take it like that ?
I draw in the way I think it is the best, it can be in my advantage or in my disadvantage depend with who and for who I ride. Not that I know against who I'll ride anayway. For Mende, that just disadvantage Hibiki and advantage Yui that way. But you just pointed what you want to pointed as usual.

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:42 am

I think you did a good job regarding the TdF, Pokemon. No just designing it, but also communicating and making it public early, so people had time to look at it before it's too late. Again, good job.

So, I said it. :)
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:54 am

Pokemon Club wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:39 am
gaurain rx wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:40 am
Pokemon Club wrote:
gaurain rx wrote:

For sure you just say something which sounds like "Poke is a cheater" and you think I'll just take it like that ?
I draw in the way I think it is the best, it can be in my advantage or in my disadvantage depend with who and for who I ride. Not that I know against who I'll ride anayway. For Mende, that just disadvantage Hibiki and advantage Yui that way. But you just pointed what you want to pointed as usual.
Again, if you answered on the only fact I pointed at the start (climbed changed over the years on rsf and not irl), then I might not be suspicious.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:56 am

Questioning Poke or even critizing him is off-limits, could have told you that.
If it's not his guard dog (although more of a lapdog maybe) jumping in, it's he himself starting insults.

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:02 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:56 am
If it's not his guard dog (although more of a lapdog maybe) jumping in, it's he himself starting insults.
Well, it's always the tone that makes the music (from both sides). And even I myself like to critizise Pokemon a lot myself, this time, I think, it's a bit too excessive (as well as the jumped in Idéfix reaction). So why we don't calm down everybody, enjoy the rest of the Tour and look for other opportunities to come down hard on him :).
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:33 am

team fl wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:02 pm
Robyklebt wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:56 am
Well, it's always the tone that makes the music (from both sides). And even I myself like to critizise Pokemon a lot myself, this time, I think, it's a bit too excessive (as well as the jumped in Idéfix reaction). So why we don't calm down everybody, enjoy the rest of the Tour and look for other opportunities to come down hard on him :).
Well, what looks obvious to me is that I got answer when I went into provocation, not when I formulated a comment/criticism based on detailled facts (ok, ok, I got a copy/paste)!