Giro 2018

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Gipfelstuermer

Giro 2018

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:04 am

Since Romandie just doesn't come online, I started looking at Giro 2018. Start in Israel, ok, well,... Then, too many mountain arrivals to make it really interesting in RSF. But Stage 19! Colle delle Finestre! Gets a * in RSF, right?

Anyways, still a highlight and important race! Who is going to design it? :) If nobody has the plan to do it, I can start next week. Have some time Monday-Friday.

In general, I suggest we start early in April to be able to have discussions and then finish a bit before the end of the month, so it is enough time to set the form etc :)

Edit: All stages finalized, except stage 10. (not completely online)

Notes:
- I did some basic checks: Length of Stage, Total Altitude, Tunnels, Important Mountains, Last 5km, Min-Tact
- Min-Tact for stages 14, 19 and 20 could be discussed.
- Are there any cobbles somewhere? I did not really check cities and streets. For example, Piazza del Popolo could be *.
- Can we please have the jersey colors rosa, green, red and white? :)

*******************************REST DAY*******************************

GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Robyklebt

Re: Giro 2018

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:11 pm

Go for it I'd say (but keep an eye on April stuff too :D )
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Liquigas-CND

Post by Liquigas-CND » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:54 pm

Hi,

Stage 4 has 198 km as per below site. Also the finish does not seem to be similar with the one designed, as per below site the last 5 km sees to be : 0,-1, +3,-2, -2 and 8 or 9%
http://www.giroditalia.it/eng/stage/stage-4-2018/

Stage 6 seems to have 164 Km not 163 Km and in your version seems a bit more steep than in reality.

Stage 8 length is 209 km, your version has 208 km.

Stage 9, 1st climb Roccaraso seems too steep in your design, the last km the same.

Stage 11, Passo del Termine more steeper in your design and the climb is linger in relaity until k 41,
km 151 there is a pave section. also the altimetry seems not as in reality.

Thanks,
-GC: Giro'15,'16,18,19;TDF'16,'18,'20;Vuelta'16,'17,'18;Tirreno'16,Catalunya'16,'18,Suisse'16,Romandie'16, Vasco'19,Andes'16
-Stages won in GTs:57
-Classics:17

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:02 pm

Thanks for the comments Liqui. Good that you let me know there is new data from the organizers :)

Stage 4: Changed.
Stage 6: Changed to 164km but Etna was mostly correct.
Stage 8: Changed.
Stage 9: Adjusted a bit, but was mostly correct.
Stage 11: They exchanged Passo del Termine with Passo Cornello! So changed that. Pavé also added. +3**. Let me know if you disagree.

edit: All other stages (except #10) now doublechecked and finalized after Giro organizers updated stuff.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:40 pm

I haven't had the time to look at it closely yet. But a question: Did you use the Giro mountain information? They usually have all the detailed profiles for the climbs, percentage for every 500 meters (so you need to calculate..) and usually very trustworthy. (Since you mentioned in the first post what you did, and this isn't mentioned I ask)
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:44 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:40 pm
I haven't had the time to look at it closely yet. But a question: Did you use the Giro mountain information? They usually have all the detailed profiles for the climbs, percentage for every 500 meters (so you need to calculate..) and usually very trustworthy. (Since you mentioned in the first post what you did, and this isn't mentioned I ask)

Yep, saw that! Intially, not everything was online. That's why Liqui found a few deviations. Then, I doublechecked all stages. (Which was necessary anyways, because some GPM and IS were missing before and that was obvious.) And found stuff like that they just replaced a mountain with another mountain and other things.

So 100% sure I doublechecked all final km, especially the mountain arrivals . (btw, way too many this year!) Could be you find something in the middle of a stage with a +8 where it should be a +9 or something like that. Ok for me if you do.

Lesson learned: Next time be less motivated and start only if everything is online ;)
GIP MASTERPLAN