Casablanca fantasy designs

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Casablanca ProTeam

Casablanca fantasy designs

Post by Casablanca ProTeam » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:08 pm

I decided to participate in the December Tour contest, this race was supposed to be it's first stage, but i decided to change the route.
So now we ended up with it as single stage, it starts with a downhill portion, relatively flat except km 94 with 4% and km 95 with 5%.

Imagehttp://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... ension=c4f

This is the first race i designed, i hope to receive some feedback.

Hansa

Re: Casablanca fantasy designs

Post by Hansa » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:24 pm

Hey, first of all great you started creating races :)

The profile looks fine for a sprinter Stage and we always need flat stages.

Some things for your drawing:

1st you can/should put your Name as designer so everyone sees who the Designer of a race was if we ride it Ingame, thats not necessary but i think its pretty nice.

2nd Only use normal letter A to Z in Race Names and City names otherwise it will come to bugs. Your City Salé at km 95 for example will cause a finance bug, so better change the name so Sale.

3rd if you import a gps file in the editor you can press the button "Recalculate Elevation" and then you should check the real elevation with the calculated elevation, it should at least kinda match.

The real elevation is the left column thats the real hight from the GPS file, the right column calc elevation is the calculated hight of the profile you created.
Recalculate elevation butten.jpg
Recalculate elevation butten.jpg (35.68 KiB) Viewed 185 times
elevation column.jpg
elevation column.jpg (42.76 KiB) Viewed 185 times
For your race for example the lowest point in the editor with calculated elevation is -19.4m and you have many kms that are below sealevel, in reality none of your map points goes below 0 Meters the real lowest point is -5 meters.
hight difference.jpg
hight difference.jpg (19.43 KiB) Viewed 185 times
If you need/want any more help feel free to ask.

Greetings Hansa
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

Casablanca ProTeam

Post by Casablanca ProTeam » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:09 pm

Hansa wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:24 pm
Hey, first of all great you started creating races :)

The profile looks fine for a sprinter Stage and we always need flat stages.

Some things for your drawing:

1st you can/should put your Name as designer so everyone sees who the Designer of a race was if we ride it Ingame, thats not necessary but i think its pretty nice.

2nd Only use normal letter A to Z in Race Names and City names otherwise it will come to bugs. Your City Salé at km 95 for example will cause a finance bug, so better change the name so Sale.

3rd if you import a gps file in the editor you can press the button "Recalculate Elevation" and then you should check the real elevation with the calculated elevation, it should at least kinda match.

The real elevation is the left column thats the real hight from the GPS file, the right column calc elevation is the calculated hight of the profile you created.

Recalculate elevation butten.jpg
elevation column.jpg

For your race for example the lowest point in the editor with calculated elevation is -19.4m and you have many kms that are below sealevel, in reality none of your map points goes below 0 Meters the real lowest point is -5 meters.

hight difference.jpg

If you need/want any more help feel free to ask.

Greetings Hansa
Hello !
Thanks for your thorough explanation and warm welcome !
I corrected all the points, for the issue with elevation, i changed km85 % from -2 to 0 and then the change applied to the other similar cases, i don't know if this is the proper way to fix this problem.

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:21 pm

Casablanca ProTeam wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:09 pm
Hello !
I corrected all the points, for the issue with elevation, i changed km85 % from -2 to 0 and then the change applied to the other similar cases, i don't know if this is the proper way to fix this problem.
The way i fix Profiles is i start at km 1 and then compare the hights and if the difference gets bigger like 10HM or more i look for a km that would be a .5 km and change that km 1 higher or lower so its fits.

Your race now doesnt go below sealevel but km 85 in your profile loses 24Hm so would be a -2.4 so -2 fits pretty good.

The problem of your race starts much earlier. at km 19 For example you are 0.4HM different from real hight thats pretty accurate, on km 29 the difference is 20HM therefor you need to gain 2% somewhere in between. For example km 23 is +0.4 but rounded to a 0% km 24 is -0.7 rounded to a -1 in total you go down -0.3% but in your profile thats -1% there you could change km 23 to a 1% instead of 0% or km 24 to a 0% instead of -1%. another km you could fix a bit would be 27 for example here you go up 35m that would be 3.5% but its rounded to 3% you could round that to a 4% and gain another 10m to be more similar to the real hight after. Same for km 34 going up 15M but the 1.5% is rounded to 1% there you lose another 5m and these small differences everywhere add up over a longer stretch so from time to time you need to correct a km by hand, but as best a small change.

like a .4 instead of rounding down rounding up so the profile stays pretty real.

Hope this helps. :)

Greetings
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

Casablanca ProTeam

Post by Casablanca ProTeam » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:53 pm

Hansa wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:21 pm
Casablanca ProTeam wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:09 pm
Hello !
The way i fix Profiles is i start at km 1 and then compare the hights and if the difference gets bigger like 10HM or more i look for a km that would be a .5 km and change that km 1 higher or lower so its fits.

Your race now doesnt go below sealevel but km 85 in your profile loses 24Hm so would be a -2.4 so -2 fits pretty good.

The problem of your race starts much earlier. at km 19 For example you are 0.4HM different from real hight thats pretty accurate, on km 29 the difference is 20HM therefor you need to gain 2% somewhere in between. For example km 23 is +0.4 but rounded to a 0% km 24 is -0.7 rounded to a -1 in total you go down -0.3% but in your profile thats -1% there you could change km 23 to a 1% instead of 0% or km 24 to a 0% instead of -1%. another km you could fix a bit would be 27 for example here you go up 35m that would be 3.5% but its rounded to 3% you could round that to a 4% and gain another 10m to be more similar to the real hight after. Same for km 34 going up 15M but the 1.5% is rounded to 1% there you lose another 5m and these small differences everywhere add up over a longer stretch so from time to time you need to correct a km by hand, but as best a small change.

like a .4 instead of rounding down rounding up so the profile stays pretty real.

Hope this helps. :)

Greetings
Okay ! I will use this method whenever the same issue pops up, thank you for your time