Campeonato de los Andes 2021

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Gipfelstuermer

Re: Campeonato de los Andes 2021

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:43 am

Alkworld wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:59 am
You obviously seem to forget the Campeonato of 2013 :D --> Campeonato de los Andes 2013
As far as I remember the street goes up to 4500m, but it was paved after Rafael Correa had a bike accident up there. I don't remember, if the street was paved until the base of that climb, have to check my photos ;)
Edit: checked the photos, but inconclusive. If anything, it was rather soft gravel and there was construction ongoing in 2012 when I was up there.
Oh, wow, yep, I missed that. (Gonna blame you for having had 2 versions of the 2013 Andes, even though it was me not paying attention of course :D )

For the gravel, there is no Street view up there, but some public photos:

https://www.google.com/maps/@-0.6572096 ... 52!5m1!1e4

This is below the Rifugio (picture from 2018) and I assumed it would get worse further uphill. Had also read somewhere that the Ecuadorian riders (when they train there) typically go by mountain bike so was kind of thinking that it's a rather bad road.

But ok ok, let me downgrade the gravel to * only. (bad for Bobet hihi)
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:46 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:43 am
But ok ok, let me downgrade the gravel to * only. (bad for Bobet hihi)
Sounds good to me. As the *s are anyway for pavé, not for gravel, it makes sense. If the gravel gets worse up there, it gets sandier, which shouldn't help the cobble experts, but rather the light climbers. But anyway, small detail considering this hell of a tour ;)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:22 pm

See when this thread started.... then decide if you think it's time to start a new one! For those that bothered me with a PN :twisted:
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!