2019 December Tour: Second round vote (second try)

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

December Tour 2019

Poll ended at Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:49 pm

Tour du Maroc
17%
SEAT
13%
4 ciudades de Colombia
33%
Philippines Tour
37%

Total votes: 30

Robyklebt

2019 December Tour: Second round vote (second try)

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:49 pm

Second try, think I forgot to put 7 days in... so since I think nobody voted yet I do it again.

Second round, decided to follow the advise of my public advisory committee, constisting of Gipfel, Nomorelulz and myself, the 3 guys that sort of said what they thought should be done. 2-1 for all 4.

Tour du Maroc

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7356#p103949

SEAT

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7356#p103945

4 ciudades de Colombia

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7356#p103776

Philippines Tour

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7356#p103864

7 days, 1 vote, not changeable. In case of a draw, the winner is the tour that had more votes in the first round.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Re: 2019 December Tour: Second round vote (second try)

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:51 pm

We had a vote on the other poll, since deleted, that voter will have to vote again here. Sorry for the trouble.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Rsc Spree

Post by Rsc Spree » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:23 am

Second round i vote again fore Colombia

Nomorelulz

Post by Nomorelulz » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:21 am

Rsc Spree wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:23 am
Second round i vote again fore Colombia
3 Time Trials.. pah!

Rasmussen

Post by Rasmussen » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:47 am

Only 13 votes so far. I hoped we have more teams riding the tour than voting. :roll:

olmania

Post by olmania » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:45 pm

My vote goes to SEAT.

Maybe let's do some advertisement in race chats in the next days ? (for the ones who are allowed to write there even if they don't take part in the race)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:58 pm

Tactical voting I think, there will be more at the end.
I haven't voted yet either, will have to review the 2 tours I'm thinking about once more. And of course tactical voting too, I haver to think about how to avoid 4 ciudades becoming second at all cost. Having the great concept tour shortened and destroy is nothing other than terrorism!

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:02 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:58 pm
Having the great concept tour shortened and destroy is nothing other than terrorism!
You can cut the restday and as you are December Tour dictator you can also change January Tour from 11 to 12 days . So 4 ciudades January Tour is fine ^^

I continue to vote Philippines Tour. SEAT is nice, too, but Philippines is just more balanced. Balanced betweeen flat/hilly/mountain stages but also balanced between GC mountain rider and GC classic/TT riders. Moreover, every stage looks exciting, every stage difficult to predict. Would really enjoy to ride this Philippines Tour.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:50 am

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:02 pm
Robyklebt wrote:
Having the great concept tour shortened and destroy is nothing other than terrorism!
You can cut the restday and as you are December Tour dictator you can also change January Tour from 11 to 12 days . So 4 ciudades January Tour is fine ^^

I continue to vote Philippines Tour. SEAT is nice, too, but Philippines is just more balanced. Balanced betweeen flat/hilly/mountain stages but also balanced between GC mountain rider and GC classic/TT riders. Moreover, every stage looks exciting, every stage difficult to predict. Would really enjoy to ride this Philippines Tour.
Uniformed heathen! The concept tour has no rest day!

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:00 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:02 pm
Robyklebt wrote:

i would like it for January because robys has to cut 1 stage then :D
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:45 am

The ultimate scientific and objective analysis of the 4 candidates

Concept:
Only 4 ciudades has one. 2 points, 0 for the rest.

Innovation:
4 ciudades innovates! SEAT not really, but since I feel objectively and scientifically gracious, I'll give it some innovation points for the gravel roads. Maroc is revolutionary this year for the number of flat stages, but that's not innovative. And the Philippines are of course a copy of a former RKL tour. (Actually the Philippines thing is the tour I like best, but that's the unscientific and subjective view, here we are doing it scientifically and objectively (going offtopic, actually interested how people would compare the 2 Philippines) . So 4 ciudades gets 2 points, SEAT 1, Maroc 0 and Philippines -1

Balance: 4 ciudades has 3 of everything. HOw's that for balance? And if you miss the pavé, just wait for 6 ciudades de Panama in 2023, 2 of each, TTT, ITT, pavé, flat, middle mountain and high mountain. But we won't assign points for balance, so let's move on to:

Sprint:
Maroc with 5 official ones. Maybe a 6th, but probably not? All rather easy, but still good. 2 points.
SEAT: 4, easy ones, ok. 1 point
4 ciudades: 3, 2 easy, one a bit harder. Not enough -1
Philippines: 4, seem rather easy too, for 13 days I'd like 5, but ok, it's not bad. Almost all grouped in 1 place costs the possible point.

Middle mountain:

Maroc: 4, seem ok, even if I don't understand middle mountain stages. 1 point
SEAT: 3, seem nice, let's give 1 point
4 ciudades: 3, all the same shit, -1
Philippines: 4, they all look sort of similar too. but 1 point

Climbs

Maroc: 3 well spread out, but that will give points later, here these 3 aren't fully convincing me.
SEAT: 4: Misses what Maroc has 1 too many, the downhill one, but at least in 1 downhill is clearly needed.
4 ciudades: 3, hard ones, fairly varied, the problem is the castration issue due to them being grouped together. Otherwise they are scientifically sound.
Philippines: 4, spread out, varied 2 points

TT:
Maroc 1, 39 km
SEAT: 2 TT, prologue 8, + one with 12. + for giving money to the TT guys twice, but a bit too short all in all. 1 point for giving out money twice.
4 ciudades: TTT, and 2 ITT, 3 times money, but might not be for the same 3 guys, so good. 1 point, like it!
Philippines: 1, 30km could be a bit longer seeing the mountain stages, but fits well enough.

Build-up, the order of the stages

Maroc: +1
SEAT: 0, actually like some of it a lot, but somehow 8-10 GC stages including half stages has that castrating touch.
4 ciudades: -1
Philippines: +2 Not perfect either, sprints a bit too front loaded, only one after stage 4, but the rest is very good.

First round vote:
Maroc 1
SEAT 1
Those 2 got more votes than the others, that shows that the 2 tours are less disliked than the 2 others. Maybe not less liked, but more acceptable to the general public.

Designer:

Chense: Never designs, now here, trying to extort us into designing more by announcing that votes for his designs will possibly make him design more? pah, 0 points
Falkenbier; Completely useless as designer, but never has any success in races, great effort for this borderline retarded (he's from Schaffhausen!!!) dude, +1
RKL: Clearly the most talented stage race designer of all times. Nobody comes even close. But from such a talented guy we expect more than this concept tour. -1
Tukhtahuev: Wins in races, designs good races, had the best classic of it's generation, Tukhtasinov +2

So, for those who haven't voted yet, here the my objective and scientific recommendation.

Philippines 6 points
Maroc 5 points
SEAT 5 points
4 ciudades 1 point

If in doubt between Maroc and SEAT: Maroc is more TT rider friendly, SEAT more for climbers, who are objectively better and all than TT guys. So including that it becomes:

Philippines 6
SEAT 5,5
Maroc 5
4 ciudades 1

Vote accordingly!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:08 pm

Oh, over! Was afraid of a third round....
Philippines it is!

And now we need Tukh to announce his one favorite time. Winner gets to decide one time after all.

Nomorelulz

Post by Nomorelulz » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:09 pm

donkey how long does it take to see the tour ingame? expecially the profile for form setting etc..

Tukhtahuaev

Post by Tukhtahuaev » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:33 pm

15h it is then

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:38 pm

Congratulations Tukh!!! Really nice tour!

Also congratulations Donkey! January Tour isn't that bad! :D Let's see which stage you cancel ^^

Also thanks to the others! Nice competition this year! By the way, Donkey, I suggest to have a short time period for voting next time. Seems many people simply wait for the last day to vote... surely not because they only have time to vote on that day ^^ So maybe 2-3 days voting is even enough.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.