Fantasy designing information, advice, whatever.

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Robyklebt

Fantasy designing information, advice, whatever.

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:15 pm

Hi happy designers, 2 things the Donkey would like to tell you. Well, 3. Or 2, we'll see.

1) Design offseason tours! 3-6 days, 6 days though the most difficult to have put in the calendar, probably max 1 if even that... Design, design. No guarantee that they come in this year, but still chances next year etc. Right now the vault is basically empty (not completely, but the whole thing is a mess anyway). Tours with best chances: "General tours", with something for at the very least 2 types of riders. The 4 day classic tour with 4 days for classics has much less chances to come in than the 4 days classic tour with 2 classic stages and 2 sprints... Anyway, without checking, after the offseason last year I had the impression that basically we didn't have any decent unraced stage races left. Better to design 3 stage races than 0!! Fill the vault.

2) Try to post the races you designed in your thread. The system to put stuff on is kind of fucked in some ways (in so many little ways that I'm not sure in what ways either) Some races that haven't been raced disappear from the "new races" search and are only found in the "all races" thing... .By posting them in your thread, I see them and maybe I remember that one hasn't been raced yet, but no guarantee.

2b) If there's a one day race that you know hasn't been raced, while I whine about not enough races, no problem mentioning it, very possible that it's one that has disappeared to the all races thing only. Ok for fantasy tours too of course, there the system is even more fucked up, "new races" shows all races from 2017 onwards regardless if they've been raced or not, so if you know there is a cool stage race from 2015 that has never been raced, mention it...

Since I don't want to insult the unhappy designers, I greet them too, with a bit of a delay.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Re: Fantasy designing information, advice, whatever.

Post by Robyklebt » Mon May 04, 2020 4:59 pm

More information.

First repeat 2a and 2b from before.

Some races that haven't been raced disappear from the "new races" thing for reasons that are mysterious. So if you know of a race that you designed and you are sure it hasn't been raced, post about it somewhere as a reminder. Here would be ok too. Possible that I missed it.

Next:

No special signs in the title of the race. It creates the finance bug. (Which is easy to correct nowadays it seems, Luques even sent me a link to a scrip to run, but still better not to have them)

So no ä ö ü. é è à, ç, ê ' etc. in the race title.

No pavé in downhills, -3 or more.

Try to design properly... altitude! reculculate elevation is there for a reason.

For circuits etc. use copy insert, that is there for a reason as well.

Don't save 700 "test" races... it only needlessl fills the vault with races that can't be used.

What's needed: Everything as usual.
ONe thing, due to the pavé downhill bug there's not all that many usable pavé one day races around... feel free to add some there. Without downhill pavé!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue May 05, 2020 9:48 am

Ah, here the place where you can see the races....

http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/show_races.php

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:33 pm

OL praised me for this thread and demanded immediate info in this thread. (and he didn't know it existed it seems...)

So, hello my designers! OL told me I have lots of influence and if I post in this thread I'll have overwhelming responses. Now that he's endorsed it maybe, so far it seems deafening silence, but I know, now things have changed.

So:

Read the first post.
Read the second post
Read the third post.
This is the fourth post, you are reading it.

More info?

For fantasy tours:

1) In season tours are hopeless. So don't even bother designing. I was prevented from imposing fantasy tours in May or so by people who wanted to ride some uninteresting shit that wasn't ridden in reality either. So don't expect that to change.
2 Offseason tours: Again, read the first post. A varied, general, non-specialized, still don't find the right word, yes, words fail the donkey too sometimes, not as much as others happens. Specialized tours, too one sided tours have very little chance to be chosen. So for a 4 day tour something without a sprint is almost assured of not being in the calendar for a while. 1 or 2 sprints required basically. Then for climbers, for classics, for TT classics, for TT climbers, up to the designer.
And as mentioned above, 3-6 days, with 6 days having the smallest chances to go in.
Specialized tours? The ones without a sprint, or only sprints? A sprint heavy tour has chances in November parallel to the Andes. The one we had this year was a bit extreme, less extreme works too, 5 days only 3 sprints and GC to somebody else still is ok. Rabat for example would have been ok there too IMO.
Pure classic tours: People seem to want them at times, like to be bored to death, we can have it occasionally, but none planned this year.

So design: Varied/general/non specialized, hopefully you know what I mean.
And since the number of off season tours is limited, the chances that your tour won't be chosen is there... but maybe next year, maybe in 2. With the messy Tour database no guarantee that I will find it but a) post it in your fantasy thread. b) remind me at the start of the off season about unraced tours. Or maybe the database will be debugged someday.

One day races:

Design whatever you like to design. Everywhere! Any type. Offseason races for the moment are mostly raced in the offseason, even if races in Sri Lanka for example could be raced year round. But saving them to be sure to have enough races in winter. If there's an overflow of races for traditional "off season racing" regions, then might start using the usable ones in the season too, no problem. Otherwise you might have to wait a while for the races to appear. For those usually a reminder is not necessary. Unless... read somewhere above, those that move from new to not new.... And "in season" races of course can be designed too, in Europe, North America, northern Asia etc etc. Won't be on in the next 2 months... but later.

Type? Again, whatever you like, easiest is probably that if you design a batch of 4 races, you make 2 each of hilly and sprint, that's the 2 that are used most often.
Try not to cluster the database with countless tests...

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:30 pm

Shouldn't this be pinned? lol.

Anyway I read what you said and couldn't find an answer to a question. Where should the one day races during the season be?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:34 pm

In season races should be wherever it's not too cold to ride at that time of the year.

I'll get in trouble with this with all-knowing-OL again, but geography counts.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:41 am

We're in South America and basically out of races there.... Ideally we would stay another week or so. But... mountain races, yep (1 will be used, no problem, maybe 2, but most likely 1), pavé in Brazil, yep, seems there's no decent road there almost, it's all pavé. But otherwise... basically nothing. So South American 1 day races are needed, no guarantee will be programmed this year of course, not that many needed, but for next winter as well.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:17 pm

Designs needed:

For this offseason actually everything seems ok. Lots of races in Africa, an inordinate amount of sprints for once, usually that's what runs out first. No need to design Africa at this point, I think we might even have enough for next year...
Next we go to Oceania and South America for 2 weeks each. Reading my last post above it seems we had some problem in South America, probably didn't change? Oceania probably could use some safety designs too.

But otherwise what is definitely needed is: In season races, Europe, North America, anything that isn't too cold to race from march to October basically. Especially when it comes to sprint races it's pretty empty there. But other races always welcome too.

Ah, off season flat pavé is pretty dire too actually, something there for next year at some point would be helpful too

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:52 pm

Oceania is basically dead... if anybody designs a race or 2 it's almost assured to be ridden this year...
Otherwise we're going to have a RKL one day race festival, right now I'm in emergency designing mode during my races... :lol:

Edit: Assured to be ridden next year... for this year all for Oceania is in, but for offseason 22/23 it's.......

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:20 pm

We're still very short on flat races for summer... often just design one when one is needed. There might be some useful old ones hidden between all the unrideable "training designs" or not sure what in some cases, but basically we are at 0 for flat races for summer.

Gala designed 2, nice.

I realize flat stages are not that fascinating to design... but still, more would be welcome. And while we have enough hilly stages those of course are welcome too, some reserves never hurt. But flat needed too!! Doesn't have to be all flat like the Donkey's latest creations... (no risk, often end up with a stupid 6 close to the finish when trying hillier stuff)

TTT in very short supply too.

TT a bit more, but running out sooner or later as well.

So motivated fantasy races designers are welcome to show their mastery and make some great races!!!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:56 pm

Wow, we have designers! We have designers! We have designers!!!

Very nice! So time for another post here...

Everybody designing lots of flat races, good, we still need more of them. Can't guarantee that all will be programmed fast or immediately or this year, but it would be nice to have a little reserve for 2023 anyway, not like this year where for a while I ended up designing flat races when I needed them because there basically were none left (for the summer season at least) So continue with flat!

Of course other races are ok too, for middle mountain we still have quite a lot of SM stuff, some good Pokemon stuff but it's so well hidden among all his endless "tests" that I usually find them once I'm finished uploading... Will try to put new ones up faster than old ones (but might use old ones too)

Mountain is not really needed, lots left over, but of course that's ok too, will try to put new mountain races up first most likely.

What is needed though is: TTT. Since it seems that we need to have a TTT one day race every month now.... time to design some. Ideally boring ones that aren't all that hilly, the one for training for the Vuelta really is too hilly for that, but wasn't in the mood to do another emergeny design (now that I finally could stop with that stuff) to have a flat one. Not all of them need to be completely flat of course, but at least some.

TT if I remember correctly still ok.

Off season:

Some of the designs done lately are in the south, I keep them for the off-season, sometimes put one in in-season as well, if I think it fits. Off season basically everything needed too, plan is to have 2 weeks each in Central America, (southern)Asia, Africa, South America and Oceania, the one and only sensible innovation we got under my predecessor, so maybe not design exclusively in one continent. Or if you see somebody else designs lots in Oceania, (which was virtually empty at one point) maybe go somewhere else...

Designs needed for the off season, a bit of everything. Flat isn't as urgently needed as during the season, so for off season more fun while designing, no special focus on flat stages needed just a bit of everything. TTT though needed too.

Fantasy Tours: Not checking now, but while there are probably still some left, not that many, and since the calendar tool for tours is a huge mess, even worse than the 1 day race tool, hard to find old stuff. If you know an old stage race for the off season that hasn't been ridden and you think might be useful, yell. Meaning repost it in your thread. But new designs of course welcome too.
The following type has the best chance to get into the calendar
-3-5 days. 6 days is not impossible either, but with the weak weekends and the still rather low number of players, 5 most likely will be the maximum programmed (excluding Andes and Dec-tour of course)
-Non specialized, in the sense that not all days with the same profile. For example a 5 day tour, you want a classic winner: 3 sprints, 2 hilly stages, no problem. 3 hilly stages 2 sprints already smaller chances. 5 hilly stages almost sure to be ignored (until I'm fired). 4 sprints 1 hilly stage unlikely too. Same for TT winner, 4 sprints 1 TT not ideal, 1 TT 2 sprints 2 hilly stages, ok. Think you get the point, Chances for different rider types on the stages is better than all for the same type.
- Tours in the right place, a tour in Norway will never be programmed. We haven't had a fantasy tour during the season since forever, since Buhmann, since early early Buhmann probably. That won't change that fast. So winter tours in places where the temperature is kind of ok....
- Tours by active designers. and not always by the same ones.. No, somebody that hasn't designed anything the whole year and now designs a fantasy tour is not chanceless to get in, but if I like another tour by somebody who has designed during the season almost as much, it will be the tour by the active designer that will be chosen. So if FL makes a superb 5 day tour, best ever, but Gipfel makes a very good one, normally the Gipfel one will be in. But if Gipfel designs 5 tours, most likely only 1 will be programmed, so that Lenny and all the others now active get a chance too, if their tour is up to my high standards of course. Dec tour completely different topic of course.

Anyway, nice to have designers back.

Anyway, always post the races in your thread.
If I forget somebody, many races done, none programmed, yell.
If a race you like very much hasn't been programmed yet, yell. (But in your thread)

Laugenspitze

Post by Laugenspitze » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:29 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:11 am
Good good! But
1) You can link directly! Right click on profile in editor, save picture link, paste here, make it an image

2) no need to post the file name here

Do you mean, you do not need the ".c4f" file?
> Formerly known as ogopogo-racing < > ... doesn`t matter <

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:06 pm

Yep, no need to post the link/name of the c4f in the post.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:54 pm

Very happy Donkey with having found designers,

One thing, maybe design some short off season tours too? 3-5 days with the best chances to be ridden. But no guarantees they will be ridden this offseason, no guarantees they will ever be ridden. Plus the tool to put stage races on is a pretty big mess, "new races" means designed in the last 2 years, so stage races designed before but never ridden are kind of hard to find.... So, if anybody remembers a stage race he designed that never was ridden, reminder in your own thread. And other designers, don't be afraid to design short tours, even if there's no guarantees that they will be ridden soon or ever. Best chances for tours that give stage win chances to different type of riders!

Laugenspitze

Post by Laugenspitze » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:12 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 9:48 am

I started my Dec. - Tour. I cannot find the Stages with this link. I started to save them with my correct Name (Laugenspitze). I can only see the races that I have saved under Lenny.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:31 am

Laugenspitze wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:12 pm
Robyklebt wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 9:48 am

I started my Dec. - Tour. I cannot find the Stages with this link. I started to save them with my correct Name (Laugenspitze). I can only see the races that I have saved under Lenny.
Was there a error when you tried to save them? You received a pw from Gip for your account? Worked fine for me, but I cannot see any race saved under "Laugenspitze".

PS, just recognized that this "tool" to see races doesn't work for tours, probably Roby can watch if he sees your races...
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:46 am

That's the 1 day race viewing tool!

I don't know if there's one for tours, should be. But since I load the upload tool...don't know, will search if I find a link.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:20 am

Viewing for tours doesn't seem to exist?

Anyway, 6 stages bei Laugenspitze found in the upload tool, so everything ok except that now I know where the tour will be and have been cheated of the surprise.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:39 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:20 am

Anyway, 6 stages bei Laugenspitze found in the upload tool, so everything ok except that now I know where the tour will be and have been cheated of the surprise.
Ähm, I have a question. I saved one of my great stages under a wrong filename and now I think there is a duplicate of that one stage? I think this could cause troubles later on (after my tour will get 94% of the votes). Is there some way to check this/delete the duplicate?

Another question, do we have to chose the "right" clima? Or isn't that done automatically nowadays? I now chose "Standard", is this the correct way of doing it?
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:51 am

No way to delete, unfortunately, imagine how much easier it would be if I could delete all the race marked with "please delete", "test" and so on....

I'm not going to check if there is a duplicate, want to look forward to the next postings in the thread too, but normally no problems.

I put in weather "standard" for all my races nowadays, when the weather was working, I put in nothing at all, not sure if it is actually working or not nowadays... So I just put standard. If that's the correct way or not, I don't know.

Laugenspitze

Post by Laugenspitze » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:49 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:20 am

I am sorry for that. But now I know, that all is fine. I asked because I wanted to post the link to the site with the kms, like you did. But I can post the important kms in the description.

flockmastoR wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:31 am

PS, just recognized that this "tool" to see races doesn't work for tours, probably Roby can watch if he sees your races...
... must be so, yes.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:07 pm

More advice, request and whatever. Plus some info.

Info: European races are mostly over until February, so newly designed ones won't be in the calendar until February

Advice/Request: Don't stop designing in Europe, we will need races there too from February on!

Advice/Request: Flat races... don't only design short 7 rider sprint races. For some reason now we have lots of them, but some more variation would be nice, a 180 km flat race with 9 riders isn't wrong either. And a flat race doesn't have to be completely flat, it can have some hills, somewhere, the closer to the finish the softer of course, but a 10 10 10 10 at 130 km from the finish for example doesn't normally make it a medium mountain stage. A bit more variation!

Info: Maybe better in the offseason thread, maybe I'll write it there too later...

Our program based on Pokes only good idea when he was calendar assistant will be:
Starting from November;
-2 weeks southern north America, Caribbean, Central America.
-2 weeks Asia, southern part obviously
-2 weeks Africa
-2 weeks Oceania
-2 weeks South America

Should cover November to January, usually takes longer due to interruptions around christmas with offseason classics, bad counting by RKL who does some regions a bit longer (or sometimes there's so much there that a few more seem a good idea)

Here too, designs welcome, but again, can't guarantee all in this offseason. The long term goal really is to have a reserve for at least half a year in the vault again, as it used to be, so some races might take a few years to get in sometimes.... (that's why I probably won't take only newly designed races in the off season either, but old ones that weren't used in the last years yet too.) So

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:08 pm

Same situation as when I last posted here:

We still need more fantasy races. Now Europe is back in play, and there too we start to lack races.

Especially, but not only, sprint races. And for sprint races some variation nice too of course. Different number of riders, different difficulties, from no difficulty to early hills to a lateish 6, to a series of 5% towards the end, whatever, some variation. Ideally no great downhill finishes after a flat race, see Groenewegen-Jakobsen in Poland, it's dangerous! (That was a minus 2 in reality I think... ) Ok ok, it's a game, but still....

No guarantee that races come into the calendar fast, immediately but I did an effort to put in races by new/comeback/active designers like Schappy, Lauge, Lenny, RfM, Taka (probably forgot some people) fast, (while using some of the older ones too), but of course there is not guarantee that that always happens. Ideally we would have a big reserve of unraced fantasy races at all times, so of course some races end up in the reserves for a while.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:37 am

As you might have noticed, the designing of races has also changed and was integrated into the game.

I (Alive And Dead) will now coordinate the fantasy calendar, at least during the season. Just a small overview on the workflow how I would like it to be.

Profile Editor
1) Design your race and tag it as OneDayFantasy, as long as it has the Design status, it is seen as not finished
2) Change the status to Review if you are finished designing. It is now in the review process, which on one day fantasy races is just a quick look at the profile (check for pave bug and appearance of climbs etc). The profil can just be ridden if it is approved by one of the Calendar admins. Real races can be discussed in the corresponding Calendar Coordination topic, see viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9433&p=116453#p116453 for the new Paris-Camembert, Brabant design.
Race Editor
3) Don't wait for the admin to approve it, create the race when you are ready with creating the profile. Here you can select the real name of the race as it appears in the Profile title and also Palmares. You can give a description, specify the number of riders and chose category 1 for fantasy one day races. At Bonification you can select if it is a flat, hilly, mountain race or an individual or team time trial. Now copy the ProfileCode from the Profile Editor and select a min tact (Please use an even number). Ignore the Race Editions (and date) and save the race.

Once the race appears in the Race Editor, I will review it, approve the profile and select a date when it is ridden.

Status Quo
With the switch to the in-game editor, there is a transition time, where not a lot of new profiles are available, and the workflow is not known by every designer. I see many profiles by Tukhtahuaev, Schnuggeritos, Schappy, r TAKA, Laugenspitze, FSG Sattelpuper that are still in the Design stage and some that are in the Review stage but not appear in the Race Editor. It is planned that you create the races yourself, because of the specifications to be made there (number of riders, min tact) but in the transition phase, I will create races myself with your designs that are in the Review stage.

I am a designer and already designed some races, what should I do now?
1) If you have finished profiles in the Design status, open it, recheck and hit the green Start Review button.
2) Go to the Race Editor and create a race with your profil that is in the Review stage
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

flockmastoR

Fantasy Races Needed for the Offseason

Post by flockmastoR » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:19 pm

Dear designers,

The real season is coming to an end. So it's time to start the planning of the offseason. I already saw a lot of races that are planned for the offseason in the editor. That is nice. To give you a better overview on what is needed, I want to continue what was done in the last years already and what I would call the RSF Offseason Tour. This means 6 regions of the world that can be used for cycling races in the winter period, we stay at each region for 3 weeks. The plan is like that:

16.10.2023 - 05.11.2023: Mediterranean (South Europe, North Afrika, Arabic Region)
06.11.2023 - 26.11.2023: Central America, Mexico & Caribbean
27.11.2023 - 17.12.2023: Asia(India, South-East Asia, Indonasia)
18.12.2023 - 07.01.2024: Africa (Sub-Saharan Africa)
08.01.2024 - 28.01.2024: Oceania (Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, ...)
29.01.2024 - 18.02.2024: South America

So keep that in mind when designing races. There are also some spots for Fantasy Tours (3-5 days) in the offseason plan (see viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5342&p=118361#p118361). For those, you can select any of those regions. If you want me to find your tours easier you can 1) post it in your thread and 2) create a race already with the proposed date from the calendar. If there are more available, I will select the tours and probably shift the other one to another spot (or into the following year).
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points