Fantasy designing information, advice, whatever.

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Robyklebt

Re: Fantasy designing information, advice, whatever.

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:03 pm

One thing to keep in mind:
In December with Christmas and special Christmas races, Pavé de Noël, Christmas Island, Herne, then in January with Mallorca challenge the "classic season opener" Cadel Evans ( :lol: ) some other possible low cat real races in New Zealand the offseason tour gets a bit interrupted... so probably better to shorten each stop a little bit? Now the plan says until 18.02. you'll lose close to 2 weeks due to those things I guess, and then in middle FEbruary there's this and that already as well.
I always ended up later than ideal with South America as well, no reason to do the same mistake!
Better shorter and then fill up possible remaining time just with stuff that is there from wherever maybe.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

flockmastoR

Re: Fantasy designing information, advice, whatever.

Post by flockmastoR » Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:10 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:03 pm
One thing to keep in mind:
In December with Christmas and special Christmas races, Pavé de Noël, Christmas Island, Herne, then in January with Mallorca challenge the "classic season opener" Cadel Evans ( :lol: ) some other possible low cat real races in New Zealand the offseason tour gets a bit interrupted... so probably better to shorten each stop a little bit? Now the plan says until 18.02. you'll lose close to 2 weeks due to those things I guess, and then in middle FEbruary there's this and that already as well.
I always ended up later than ideal with South America as well, no reason to do the same mistake!
Better shorter and then fill up possible remaining time just with stuff that is there from wherever maybe.
Yeah good points. I would see this time spans more as a proposal than fixed dates. It helps me to keep track of races. I will scan the available FantasyOneDay races and check for the region, then I will already shift it to the starting date as described. So I don't always have to recheck the region or keep track of it in parallel. I guess the Mediterranean can already start in between the real races still available in October. If a region gets not too many spots (can be due to real races/ offseason classics / not enough available races) I might promote them more in the following offseason. In the long run, having offseason classics for each region would be very nice, but I wouldn't see that as a forced goal, more like a recommondation to look at the regions closer that currently lack offseason classics.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points