Insane Designs by Gip

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Gipfelstuermer

Insane Designs by Gip

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:07 pm

Ok, the Roby demanded and will get some insane designs here.

Btw, it is an serious issue! Let's keep quality of fantasy races high! :)

Oh, found out I can cheat and use some ideas from 2009, that I still have left on my PC. For these I don't care if you do not use them, because they are somewhat "old". But actually still think these were fine ideas :D

GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Gipfelstuermer

Re: Gipfel - The insane designer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:53 pm

GIP MASTERPLAN

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:06 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:33 pm
A varied, general, non-specialized, still don't find the right word, yes, words fail the donkey too sometimes, not as much as others happens.
Balanced, Roby, balanced tours is what you are searching for!

So I designed two of them: Bahama Mama and further down Wagon Wheel. The first very flat, the second more hilly. Both with TT and sprints.

Bahama Mama
(8-riders 4-days flat tour with an ITT and tiny hills)

http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... bahamas01a
Type: ITT
Min-Tact: km2

http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... bahamas01b
Type: Flat
Min-Tact: km114

http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... =bahamas02
Min-Tact: km166

http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... =bahamas03
Type: Hilly
Min-Tact: km120

http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... =bahamas04
Type: Mountain
Min-Tact: km80
GIP MASTERPLAN

olmania

Post by olmania » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:48 pm

Min-Tact: km8
:roll:
km80 maybe :?:

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:50 pm

olmania wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:48 pm
:roll:
km80 maybe :?:

Hahaha, yes, typo.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:50 pm

Wagon Wheel
(9-rider 4-day hilly tour with ITT & TTT, named after the infamous song Wagon Wheel)

http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... onwheel01a
Type: TTT

http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... onwheel01b
Min-Tact: km120

http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... gonwheel02
Min-Tact: km172

http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... gonwheel03
Min-Tact: km186

http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... gonwheel04
Type: ITT
GIP MASTERPLAN

Gipfelstuermer

Re: Insane designs by Gip

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:37 pm

So I started designing some historical races.

http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... 96olympics
Type: Flat/Pavé
Min-Tact: km60 (out of 87km)
Duration: 57min (+10min Sprint)

To begin with, here is the 1896 Olympic Road Race, which was the first Olympic Road Race in history. The route was the same as the 1896 Olympic Marathon, except that the riders had to go from Athens to Marathon first and then return back to Athens, where after 80km (40k was the Marathon) they had to ride an additional 7km to the Neo Phaliron Velodrome which today is the Karaiskakis Stadium.

Given the road conditions back at the time, the whole race is gravel, so * for the whole race, except for the final km in the velodrome.

Back in the days, cycling was not so popular and only 7 riders took part. The Greek Aristidis Konstantinidis won the race ahead of German August von Gödrich and British Edward Battell. Therefore, here I made it 7 riders per team.

GIP MASTERPLAN

Robyklebt

Re: Insane Designs by Gip

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:59 am

Nice, but -3 with pavé.... doesn't work, bug, until -2 is ok. Unless the bug has been corrected but not publicized... which I don't assume. So while it would be a nice race to put in (even on April 12, Tuesday in 22, no big race there I think), with the bug.... either make it -2 or put some asphalt in there for those km.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:10 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:59 am
Nice, but -3 with pavé.... doesn't work, bug, until -2 is ok. Unless the bug has been corrected but not publicized... which I don't assume. So while it would be a nice race to put in (even on April 12, Tuesday in 22, no big race there I think), with the bug.... either make it -2 or put some asphalt in there for those km.
Uuups, my bad, of course I should be aware of the bug... changed to asphalt for the -3's.

More one day races to follow! I just need to find the ideas & time to design...
GIP MASTERPLAN

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:55 pm

ImageLe Tour de France 1903Image

La première édition du Tour de France

This summer, the first TDF was discussed in the German cycling podcast Besenwagen and so I had this idea to design the race from 1903. I found very precise reports using the French Wikipedia and French newspaper archives, on Memoire du Cyclisme and Archives de Nantes.

The Tour was very different from today's Grand Tours:

- 6 stages only
- Length of stages was between 268km and 471km per stage
- There were very few mountain passes
- The few mountains came early on the route rather than at the end of the race
- As there was hardly any asphalt back then, the race mainly happened on gravel roads
- There was no GPS or TV... so the organizers around Henri Desgrange put control fixe (CF) where riders had to pass and also control volant (CV) which were spontaneous checks during the stage to ensure riders do not take a shortcut.

The map from 1903

Some rules we have to change:

There were stages >300km but in C4F that is not possible... For these stages, based on historical race reports, I try to keep all the parts that were relevant to how the race unfolded. However, I cut the beginning of the stage or take a shortcut on the route where it does not affect the type of the stage to arrive at "only" 300km on these stages.

There were no IS, but I use the "controle fixe" (CF) and "controle volant" (CV), which were official time checks. At these points, the time was taken for the riders and these were also the basis for any newspaper reports about the race. So it was a bit a like an IS these days, because riders could receive some fame, attention and publicity in the newspaper if they made it to the CF or CV as the first rider. This is also nice to make the 300km stages entertaining and distribute a bit of money to the participating teams (as they go through the pain of 300km gravel stages).

There were no KOM, but I use those mountain passes which have been described in historical race reports. If there was race action on the mountain, such that made it into the newspaper, it seems more than justified to put a KOM there.

Gravel and Pavé are difficult to judge as there was no Google Street View in 1903... So it is fair to assume that most of it was just gravel (so *) and I only use a higher category on selected km if there was any information about that in historical race reports. Again, there are some references in historical newspaper reports, which point to particularly dangerous parts of the road. They write about crashes, punctures and some other dramatic incidents. So if something like that happened, it seems justified to put something slightly higher than *. However, I describe all the km with a higher difficulty in the below roadbook. Also, the downhill of -3 and steeper will have no pavé to avoid the pavé bug.

There were 12 rest days for 6 stages, so sometimes 2 or 3 or even 4 rest days between stages but in C4F makes no sense to put more than one rest day, because with one rest day, most riders are fully recharged anyway. In total, we will have 4 rest days: One rest day between each stage, but not between stages 4 and 5, which in reality also had no rest day I mean stage 4 was only 268km, so who would need a rest day after such a super short stage???

The stages

Et. 1: Paris - Lyon (Hilly, 300km)
Rest day
Et. 2: Lyon - Marseille (Mountain, 300km)
Rest day
Et. 3: Marseille - Toulouse (Flat, 300km)
Rest day
Et. 4: Toulouse - Bordeaux (Flat, 268km)
Et. 5: Bordeaux - Nantes (Flat, 300km)
Rest day
Et. 6: Nantes - Paris (Hilly, 300km)

The stages in detail

Et. 1: Paris - Lyon (Hilly, 300km)
http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... df_1903_01
Last 10km: +4* +1* +1* -1** -1** -2*** -2*** -2*** -2*** -1***
Min-Tact: km284
Duration: 158min

Roadbook:
ImageImage km26: 0** ("The road was so bad, that Hippolyte Aucouturier, Maurice Garin's rival for the final victory, became victim of a broken saddle at the exit of Cosne-sur-Loire")
ImageImage km63: 0** ("Leon Georget was the victim of a puncture before Nevers.")
Image km70: -2 (CF in Nevers)
Image km126: -1 (CF in Moulins)
Image km226: +1 (CF in Roanne)
Image km243-249: +5* +3* +3* +3* +6* +3* +3 ("Maurice Garin and Émile Pagie are the first to cross the first mountain pass in the history of the Tour de France: the Col du Pin-Bouchain")
ImageImageImage km294-300: -1** -1** -2*** -2*** -2*** -2*** -1*** ("The finale goes slightly downhill towards the Saone river in Lyon with the finish line on the Quai de Vaise including the dangers of rails and cobblestones. The road was so dangerous, that in a sprint of two riders, Emile Pagie crashed 200m before the finish line, giving the win to Maurice Garin who would later win the overall GC as well. The bad roads are reported not only in pictures, but also by the fact that in the following stages, the organizers around Henri Desgrange changed the finish line not to be in the city centre in order to avoid the dangers of rails and cobblestones.")

A picture from the finish in Lyon on the Quai de Vaise.

***** REST DAY *****

Et. 2: Lyon - Marseille (Mountain, 300km)
http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... df_1903_02
Last 10km: +3* +1* +4* +1* -1* 0* -2* -3 -2* -1*
Min-Tact: km290
Duration: 155min

Roadbook:
Image km23: -2 (CF in Saint-Etienne)
ImageImage km27: -1** ("After Saint-Etienne, Garin fell, fortunately not very serious, but which made him lose contact with the leading group, led in a frenzied manner by Aucouturier, Georget, Wattelier and a few others.")
Image km30-42: +5* +5* +7* +7* +5* +5* +6* +5* +2* +2* 0* +4* +6 ("The highest point of the first Tour de France is reached with the Col de la Republique")
ImageImage km108: +3** ("In Valence, another incident: In the front group, Wattelier breaks his chain, is dropped by his companions.")
Image km112: 0 (CF in Valance)
Image km154: -1 (CV in Montelimar)
Image km159-162: +7* +5* +7* +4 ("Aucouturier and Georget took advantage of a climb in Donzère to take the lead." It is not really reported which climb it was, but I assume it was the "Navon". This one looks reasonable as some sieb-km should be in there if these two guys dropped everyone else.)
Image km220: +1 (CF in Avignon)
Image km280: -1 (CF in Aix-en-Provence)

"The arrival is judged at Saint-Antoine, 13 kilometers from the center of Marseille, in order to avoid the dangers of the rails and cobblestones which abound in the city center." (By the way, those dogs on the street will later have a more negative impact on the race... read more about that in the stage 4 roadbook...)

***** REST DAY *****

Et. 3: Marseille - Toulouse (Flat, 300km)
http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... df_1903_03
Last 10km: 0* -1* 0* +2* +1* +1* 0* 0* -1* -1* 0*

Roadbook:
Image km14: +2* +7* (Climb after the city of Pennes-Mirabeau and before "La descente dite d l'Assassin")
ImageImageImage km15-17: -2*** -7 -2*** ("As soon as they leave Pennes-Mirabeau , about ten kilometers after the start, many runners are let loose in "La descente dite d l'Assassin")
Image km41: 0 (CF in Salon-de-Provence)
Image km82: +1 (CV in Arles)
Image km115: 0 (CF in Nimes)
Image km163: 0 (CV in Montpellier)
Image km226: 0 (CF in Beziers)
Image km253: 0 (CV in Narbonne)
ImageImage km260: +1** ("Fernand Augereau is the victim of a puncture between Narbonne and Carcassone and falls behind the lead group of and the leading group is reduced to four men. Lucien Pothier , Eugène Brange and the Belgian Julien Lootens meet around Maurice Garin.")
ImageImage km270: +1** ("Fernand Augereau tries to get back into the leading group but is the victim of another puncture and does not get back into it.")
Image km288: 0 (CV in Carcassone)

"On the road, a controller shows the direction"

***** REST DAY *****

Et. 4: Toulouse - Bordeaux (Flat, 268km)
http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... df_1903_04
Last 10km: 0* 0* 0* -1* 0* 1* -1* 1* 0* -1*
Min-Tact: km258
Duration: 139min

Roadbook:
Image km54: 0 (CF in Montauban)
ImageImageImage km65: 0*** ("In the crossing of Montech , a dog causes a heavy fall in the leading group, sending to the ground most of the runners, who can nevertheless resume the race.")
Image km85: -1 (CV in Moussac)
ImageImageImage km107: 0*** ("Hippolyte Aucouturier sets his pace and has already taken three minutes from the Garin group, which allows him to consider another stage victory. But at the entrance to the village of Golfech , shortly before the fixed control of Agen, he is again knocked down by the crossing of a dog. Injured in the leg, he tried to continue but finally gave up some kilometers further.")
Image km130: +1 (CF in Agen)
ImageImage km153: 0** ("Aucouturier, victim of the fall from Agen, gave up permanently.")
ImageImage km190: 0** ("The Swiss Charles Laeser, also present in the second group, joins the Belgian Marcel Kerff, victim of a puncture.")
Image km228: 0 (CV in Langon)

"Arrival of the 4th stage at the Maye bridge, near Bordeaux."

Et. 5: Bordeaux - Nantes (Flat, 300km)
http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... df_1903_05
Last 10km: 0* 0* +1* 0* -2* -1* -1* 1* 0* 0

Roadbook:
Image km29: +2 (CV in Barbezieux)
Image km50: +1 (CF in Cognac)
Image km81: 0 (CV in Saintes)
Image km120: 0 (CF in Rochefort)
ImageImage km154-156: -1** +1** 0** ("I rush into Augereau's cabin after the race and I find the unfortunate boy crying hot tears: I was, he says, in the leading pack to La Rochelle, when, a few kilometers before the control I puncture a tire. Having no spare, I roll on the rim, rage in the heart, seeing the others spinning in front of me, being unable to join them. Suddenly, Laeser, who was on the road, noting my distress, offered to lend me his machine.")
Image km159: 0 (CV in La Rochelle)
ImageImage km183: 0**
ImageImage km194: 0**
ImageImage km202: -1**
ImageImage km207: +1**
ImageImage km216: +2**
ImageImage km224: +1** (In La Roche-sur-Yon, Samson passed 1h26minutes after the leaders. He had six punctures.)
Image km230: +1 (CF La Roche-sur-Yon)
ImageImageImageImage km236: 0**** (This is where the darkest chapter of Tour de France history happened. Augereau describes it like this: At La Roche-sur-Yon, I heard Garin offer me the following combination: "I want to win alone, and neither you nor anyone else should beat me. I will give you cash in exchange." I had not yet been able to place at the top of a stage and, feeling in better condition, I responded to the offer with an energetic refusal. It was then that Garin said to Pothier: "Go ahead and swing it!" Immediately said immediately done; Pothier takes a few meters, goes down and throws his machine on mine. I tumble down and fall back on my legs. Garin took my machine, trampled it and put the rear wheel out of order. To the few cyclists who were with us, Garin promised a hundred francs if they did not come to my aid. I mourn my defeat and am disgusted by the conduct of my competitors. Here I am without a machine, but I will do what is necessary to get one and prove, in the last stage, that I have quality." The stewards of the event, seized of this serious incident, will make the necessary investigation to clarify this dark case. Garin and Pasquier claim that Augereau is the victim of a hallucination and that, from the beginning, he has had the delirium of persecution. In truth, however, he does not seem to be and seems to be very lucid.)

"Arrival at the Longchamp velodrome in Nantes."

***** REST DAY *****

Et. 6: Nantes - Paris (Flat, 300km)
http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... df_1903_06
Last 10km: -3 -2* 0* 0* +1* +1* -1* +5* -5 0*

Roadbook:
Image km16: +8* (Up to the Cote de la Seilleraye, located 16 kilometers from here, the 21 starter peloton with a speed of at least 32 kilometers per hour! Needless to say, in this place the many cyclists who followed them were reduced to half a dozen. Payan led the train, having behind him Garin, Augereau, then Samson and Dargassies, the others a little further. On the climb, Augereau starts and appears at the top 50 meters ahead of the whole peloton. In the famous descent, some hold back, a little, frightened)
Image km24: +4* ("Monsieur Terrien gave the riders a brief overview of the dangerous passages before Ancenis: the Cote de la Seilleraye, straight but very steep, well known to all cyclists; and the Cote d'Oudon.")
ImageImage km32: 0** (Desvages arrives in Angers; but he fell on a pile of stones and has a slightly skinned face.)
Image km35: 0 (CV in Angers)
Image km55: 0 (CF in Tours)
ImageImageImage km86: 0*** (Photographs show riders on cobblestones ahead of Blois)
Image km95: 0 (CF in Blois)
Image km147: -1 (CF in Orleans)
Image km225: 0 (CV in Chartres)
Image km294: 0 (CV in Versailles)
Image km298: +5* (The last three km of the race are a real drama: In the last stage, organisers were forbidden to lead the race to the Parc de Prince in the city of Paris so the times are taken on arrival at the restaurant of the "Père Auto" in Ville-d'Avray, shortly after the Cote de Picardie. But the riders will have to go immediately to the Velodrome of the Parc de Prince carrying a card indicating the time of their arrival. In the last difficulty of the Tour, the Cote de Picardie, Jean Fischer places an acceleration that only Fernand Augereau can follow. But in the descent, Fischer is hit by a spectator crossing the road: he falls heavily and abandons all hope of victory. Fernand Augereau remains alone in the lead, but he suffers a puncture on the rear tire. Maurice Garin overtook him and finally won the stage, his third in the Tour de France.)

"Arrival control in Ville-d'Avray, terminus of the event in front of 5000 people."
GIP MASTERPLAN