December Tour 2015, rules, discussions, criticisms!

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Pokemon Club

December Tour 2015, rules, discussions, criticisms!

Post by Pokemon Club » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:20 pm

Always the same rules

Tour limits:
10-14 days with max. 1 rest day and max. 1 day with 2 half-stages.

No extrem tour:
No extrem mountainous tour like Anden or an extrem cobbles-tour like sachsen or an extrem flat tour like Vuelta a Bolivia 2013

Design Time :
until 31.October.

Presentation in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4684

Here we can discuss, praise, criticize etc all the presented tours!

cataracs

Re: December Tour 2015, rules, discussions, criticisms!

Post by cataracs » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:05 pm

I want Brazil :lol:

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:53 am

cataracs wrote:I want Brazil :lol:
Don't worry for Brazil, my tour is ready :)

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:39 am

When's the deadline for the tour presentation?
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:06 am

Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:47 pm

I like the sm tour.. Would be better with 1 less sprint and 1 little ITT
----------------------------------------------
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:03 am

I don't like SM tour, I have the bad impression to see each years the same countries (Australia/New Zeland)and the same stages for his Dec Tour, not enough originality, Jean Francois Pescheux probably doesn't like it if he see this tour

NoMoreIdols

Post by NoMoreIdols » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:15 pm

Pokemon Club wrote:I don't like SM tour, I have the bad impression to see each years the same countries (Australia/New Zeland)and the same stages for his Dec Tour, not enough originality, Jean Francois Pescheux probably doesn't like it if he see this tour
Really really bad reason, I can't think of 5 countries with street view and good weather for an original december tour, it's just what you get when you want hot weather.

luques

Post by luques » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:32 pm

I like RKL Tour, actually would be better with 21 stages but there are rules :(

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:44 pm

NoMoreIdols wrote:
Pokemon Club wrote:I don't like SM tour, I have the bad impression to see each years the same countries (Australia/New Zeland)and the same stages for his Dec Tour, not enough originality, Jean Francois Pescheux probably doesn't like it if he see this tour
Really really bad reason, I can't think of 5 countries with street view and good weather for an original december tour, it's just what you get when you want hot weather.
Then you lack imagination. Or knowledge.
Plus you don't actually need street view to design.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

NoMoreIdols

Post by NoMoreIdols » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:59 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
NoMoreIdols wrote:
Don't think you can deliver decent work without street view, but that's just my opinion.
Let's see how much imagination you got with you tour. ;)

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:51 pm

NoMoreIdols wrote:
Robyklebt wrote:
NoMoreIdols wrote:
Don't think you can deliver decent work without street view, but that's just my opinion.
Let's see how much imagination you got with you tour. ;)
Street view is a really recent tools, it is a bonus to design but it isn't a tools we need absolutely. Anyway, I already know that SM is able to design races where he wants, it is why I am disappointing to see him in Australia this year 2 years after New Zealand with a similar profil.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:36 am

Yeah, yeah, donkey posted! Or RKL. Not all that convinced by his own entry either actually, but at least it's an entry.
Now let's hope some more guys are a bit late... only 4 Tours would be kind of sad!

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:07 pm

yeah 4 Dec Tour !!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:17 am

leso in too, good! One or 2 more would be nice...

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:28 pm

Sorry Roby, I wrote in the wrong topic.

So I said that, Brasil and India are for me the most interesting tours, Brasil for the originality, and India for his mountainous stages

Lao is nice too, but just a bit behind the 2 firsts ones

Indochine is a bit too flat I think to be really good, and Mexico is very well sponsorized !

I let the others comment mine, but I would like to see Brasil and India (or Lao) in :)
Team : SM Team
Victoires d'étape : 374 ; dont les 5 monuments et les 3 GTs !
Hall of Fame : Katrasnik: 26724 pts

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:27 pm

Well with my innocent eyes let's note the 6 contenders. My global evaluation take into account several requirements : the general oraganisation of the tour, the diversity of stages, the jerseys fights

Volta a Brasil Sudeste :
Global organisation : 7/10
A good presentation. An excellent balance. The first week stages aren't complicate to control for stages sprinters. The winner of the first stages will keep is jersey until stage 5 and the hilly TT. Then 2 mountain stages before the restday. After a last occasion to shine for sprinters, Cobbles and hilly cobbles arrive and advantage more classicmen, else if it isn't hopeless for climbers to get 1 or 2 other stages. With the 55 lasts stages decisive for GK, some interesting move can happen and GK win will be interesting till the end. But maybe too much paves at the end.
Stages diversity : 9/10
Sprinters, hilly and classics sprinters, classics, punchers, climbers, tt-rider, but also flat paveriders and hilly paverider...All can win a stage, I think miss only a TTT to get a 10/10
Jerseys fights : 7/10
If yellow and green will be interesting, I think mountain fight is a bit light. Except stages 9 and stages 13.
Note : 23/30

Lao Tour :
Global organisation : 5/10
Light presentation. 2 flat stages to let a cdhance for sprinters to take yellow is nice. Then a TTT and 5 stages for classics/hillsprinters the rest of the week. Mountain/TT/Mountain, and 2 flat stages the last week end to finish the tour, I am not really fan of this peaceful ending.
Stages diversity : : 8/10
Maybe a bit too much classics finish, but TT/TTT/classics/sprinters/hillsprinters/climbers have their chances
Yellow fight end a bit early. A climber, a huber or a leupold will take it. Green fight can be funny. Red Too.
Note : 20/30

EAC Tour :
Global organisation : 7/10
Correct presentation.The tour starts slowly and become harder each day. without restday, looks complicate to manage the energy of his team, so we risk to see a lot of escape win after 5-6 days imo. But it is an interesting GK fight.
Stages diversity : 6/10
No timetrial. After the 3 first day, I think that there is too much classics stage -else if the same scenario won't repeat 2 times in a row-, and if they don't want it, escapes will take it. Climbers chance aren't big too.
Jerseys fights : 9/10
Without any TTs, we will have a yellow fight till the end. In the same time looks hard to control for stage win so the red fight will take a big place in that tour too. And green I don't really know if an escaper can't take it.
Note : 22/30

Tour of Northeast India :
Global organisation :9/10
The best presentation for me. Sprinters have 3 chances to win at the start, 4-6 during the whole tour. Maybe 1 or 2 of this flatstage could be harder. The TTT and TT are okay for me. And the decisive week-end as I like.
Stages diversity : 8/10
5 easy flat stages are maybe a bit too much. The TTT could be a bit longer. 4 stages with 210+ km is a lot. But I think that all type of rider can be happy. Offensive teams too.
If there is a Huber, looks hard if he had a good team to control, but big moves seems possible. Green should be for a sprinter, and mountain jersey for an offensive rider who will escape in all middle mountain/mountain stages.
Note : 24/30

Tour d'Indochine :
Global organisation : 5/10
Light presentation. Flat at the start, some gk stage in the middle, flat at the end. TTT and TT both are short.
Stages diversity : 5/10
A tour for sprinters. But even for sprinterteams it can be very boring if a teams with a too strong train or a too strong sprinters is in the field. 9 MS looks too much and classics riders can just stay at home.
Jerseys fights : 6/10
Yellow fight won't be very long. Green fight if there isn't a dominant sprint team can be cool. And mountain fight I don't know really what to think
Note : 16/30

Vuelta Norte de Mexico :
Global organisation : 3/10
Light presentation. Looks a money tour, each time I look I think that some drugs cartel sponsor the event. Plus a Dec Tour at Mexico in 2015 after rasta's Mexico's Dec Tour in 2014 doesn't really help me to like it. The 37km TTT can give a too big option for the GK win. And 2 of the 4 sprintstage are the last week, I really don't like it again.
Stages diversity : 7/10
Climbers tour already finish after stage 3. sprinters have 4 chances, classics 6. 1 ttt and 1 tt sounds ok. But this -11 downhill finish...
Jerseys fights : 4/10
Yellow fight looks boring, green and red with so much cartel-sprint points and cartel-GPM, I don't know, but too much cartel-points and cartel-money anyway.
Note : 14/30
Last edited by Pokemon Club on Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:49 pm

Whoaw, nice summary :)
Team : SM Team
Victoires d'étape : 374 ; dont les 5 monuments et les 3 GTs !
Hall of Fame : Katrasnik: 26724 pts

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:38 pm

Nice work by Poke, yep.
Donkey will refrain from an analysis this year.. would come out too negative, since I don't really think much of any of the tours :lol:
But thanks for the good overview!

Ah, can't refrain. While I'm not really a big fan of North Mexico either, I think you're way too harsh with it. It's not that horrible!

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:48 am

I don't think I was too harsh, I thought I was kind in my analysis (for all tours) !