Page 1 of 1

December Tour 2026 - Rules & Discussion

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 4:33 pm
by flockmastoR
Hello to all designers! Here is the discussion thread to this year's December Tour design competition.

Rules
I will keep the rules from last year, no exclusion of designers.

-Length: 10-14 days: Maximum 13 days riding. (That means you can do a 13 day tour without rest day or a 14 day tour with 1 rest day)
-No extreme tour, extreme as in unbalanced towards one speciality, flat, pavé, mountains TT etc.
-1 tour per designer
-Maximum 1 day with half stages.
-Tours are posted from October 1st to October 31st.

Presentation of tours
A thread to post your tours will be opened on the 1st of October, you can post your tours until 31st of October 24:00 CEST (or until I wake up on the 1st of November).

Voting procedure
First round of voting will be started on 1st of November and open for exactly 7 days.

The number of votes a manager has depends on the number of tours submitted:
Number of submissions/2, then rounded down. That means:
1-3 tours=1 vote
4-5 tours=2 votes
6-7 tours=3 votes
8-9 tours=4 votes.
But capped at 4 votes, even if we get more than 9 tours the number of votes per manager won't increase.

Second voting round will start from the 10th and last 7 days. Normally the first 2 teams will advance to the second round. If there are ties, more designs can be added.

If there is a draw in the second round, the tour that got more votes in the first round wins. If there's still a draw we ride Calexico again.

Post your design here: December Tour 2026 - Presentation

Re: December Tour 2026 - Rules & Discussion

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:10 am
by Tukhtahuaev
Since my current design includes a TTT, I'll have to ask about the current TTT situation. At the moment we still seem to have the new version since the old one does not seem to be working, but is there any priority to fix that in the near future or should I expect it to still be the new version by the time this tour starts?

Re: December Tour 2026 - Rules & Discussion

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:49 am
by flockmastoR
Tukhtahuaev wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:10 am
Since my current design includes a TTT, I'll have to ask about the current TTT situation. At the moment we still seem to have the new version since the old one does not seem to be working, but is there any priority to fix that in the near future or should I expect it to still be the new version by the time this tour starts?
Thats a question towards Gip and Alk, who are somehow conflicting themselves about the change. IMO it shouldn't be a big deal to get the system back to how it was before. Maybe a test race before.

It's still time, so from a designer perspective, I would plan with TTT back in place in December. But as I am not the person working on it, you cannot get a warranty from me.

Re: December Tour 2026 - Rules & Discussion

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:07 pm
by flockmastoR
Posting of tours is now possible here: December Tour 2026 - Presentation

Re: December Tour 2026 - Rules & Discussion

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:45 pm
by Alkworld
Feel free to use the in-game voting system. You might reach more voters, but maybe a little less comfy with linking the forum posts.

Re: December Tour 2026 - Rules & Discussion

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:46 pm
by Alkworld
flockmastoR wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:49 am
Tukhtahuaev wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:10 am
Since my current design includes a TTT, I'll have to ask about the current TTT situation. At the moment we still seem to have the new version since the old one does not seem to be working, but is there any priority to fix that in the near future or should I expect it to still be the new version by the time this tour starts?
Thats a question towards Gip and Alk, who are somehow conflicting themselves about the change. IMO it shouldn't be a big deal to get the system back to how it was before. Maybe a test race before.

It's still time, so from a designer perspective, I would plan with TTT back in place in December. But as I am not the person working on it, you cannot get a warranty from me.
Within two months, I should be able to have a look and make sure it's whatever you need it to be.

Re: December Tour 2026 - Rules & Discussion

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 10:26 pm
by flockmastoR
Alkworld wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:45 pm
Feel free to use the in-game voting system. You might reach more voters, but maybe a little less comfy with linking the forum posts.
Is what I plan to do actually