Races by Radunion

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Radunion

Races by Radunion

Post by Radunion » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:32 am

Tried to create races myself. Hope you find the results interesting. I am quite proud of the results.
wienerwald.png
wienerwald.png (25.89 KiB) Viewed 6336 times
saved as wienerwald
a race in the west on Vienna with start and finish within the borders of the city
op_op.png
op_op.png (24.17 KiB) Viewed 6336 times
saved as op_op
race in the very east of Austria

Luna

Re: Races by Radunion

Post by Luna » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:45 am

good work ;)

Radunion

Post by Radunion » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:15 pm

Some more races, again quite difficult
guens.png
guens.png (24.15 KiB) Viewed 6313 times
saved as guens
short race in the border region between Austria and Hungary featuring the highest mountain of the Burgenland
pack.png
pack.png (22.44 KiB) Viewed 6313 times
saved as pack
race in the south of Austria and Slovenia, major difficulties are far from the finish

Radunion

Post by Radunion » Sat May 01, 2010 9:01 pm

One more race in Austria - again nothing for sprinters
wien_graz.png
wien_graz.png (19.48 KiB) Viewed 6290 times
saved as wien_graz

Radunion

Post by Radunion » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:48 pm

After a very long time I decided to draw some fantasy races again. This time in the south for all manager that want to ride in the warmth even in European winter.

a race on the shores of the Indian Ocean - keep your sprinters at home.
file name: reunion_mountain

and a mountain top finish. The flat before the final climb could be interesting.
file name: reunion_maintain_top

Originally I planned this as a 4 day tour with 2 flat stages on Mauritius, but I think one day races are more needed. The climbers will be happy to have some one day races that suit them.

Radunion

Post by Radunion » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:46 pm

And as promised 2 rather flat stages on Mauritius. I found some mountains to make it a little challenging for the sprinter teams.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:22 pm

You like short races for long winter evenings, eh?
But ok ok, good that someone designs winter stuff, plus I don't dislike the profiles actually (that's praise btw)
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Radunion

Post by Radunion » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:57 pm

Yes I like them short and intense, but it is difficult to design long races an rather small islands. The mountain race have a quite long min tact anyway (over 50 and over 60 km if i remember correctly). And I decided that 6 riders are enough for a race under 150 km :twisted:

I found another unfinished race in my old files, but this time it is not ideal for winter time. Iran sounds quite warm, but snow is not unseen in Tehran and I do not talk about over 2600 m.

This time a little bit longer, but again a short race as there in no reason for a long min tact. I hope there will be interesting races and do not know what kind of rider can win on such a profile. You can gain much time on the mountain, but how to race the remaining 120 km?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:05 am

Ah, that's almost a RKL profile! Like those, but yeah, nothing for winter at all, but who cares.
How to ride this? On the bike 8-) Or, chase the classic guys with your sprinterteam my favorite option on races like that, always lose, but it's fun!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Radunion

Post by Radunion » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:47 pm

I was thinking about controlling 120 km with 3 helpers for a hillsprinter/classics sprinter. Just hope for some help and that the other teams do not know when the have to attack to leave me helpless.

Anyway, I found another tropical island for a hilly race. This time on Santiago, one of the Cape Verde Islands, expect tropical weather all year round.

Again good opportunities to get rid of sprinters, but somebody has to ride in front. Beginning to ride at the last +10 directly before the last sprint will be too late against a strong sprinter team, so enjoy a 70 km fight if strong sprinter teams takes the risk to start here, or will the cat 2 the ideal point to attack if the race is slow?

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:09 pm

As I designed a similar race before (you can review it in my threat if you want), I have to state your race is not very realistic. The profile yes, but on this island, nearly all roads are cobblestones, and only few asphaltic km's you can find there (mostly in Praia). Just to note...

Radunion

Post by Radunion » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:47 pm

Thanks for the advice, I should have thought about it. In a developing country I cannot take for granted that the roads are tarmacked, especially with tropical weather. I will try to figure out the road surface before I draw races in the future (hope this is possible from the satellite pictures). Are you sure it all pave and not dirt road? I will not check it as it makes little difference for the race.

For this race it is clear that I cannot change it. Nobody in his right mind would race this race if all the roads are pave (maybe some mountain-bikers would but this is a different sport). I think I keep the race as it is (we have ridden absurder races in the past), and be more careful in the future. Maybe the government decided to tarmac all road just to have a bike race on the island. Or do you think I should delete it and find something better instead?

PS: Is it possible to delete my races?

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:08 pm

Well, second thought, we have a lot of races where we assume another road quality, especially in countries like that. Think it's ok.

Radunion

Post by Radunion » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:58 pm

I was thinking about designing a longer tour, maybe for the dec-tour competition. After experimenting with some more exotic locations like India, or Central Africa, I tried Middle America. It proved difficult to create the profiles I desire without making many unreasonable transfers. So I offer the more interesting profiles as 1 day events. Beginning with 2 stages in Mexiko.

A long but not very steep climb, as you can expect it on a main road, and a rather flat finish after they reach the top. And the race is for 7 riders. As many races on lower level are for less than 8 riders in reality I think it is a good idea to offer some variation in the game. For some shorter races even 6 or 5 riders are possible.

This one looks again difficult, but the climb is 61 km long with an average just 3,3 %, and a Maximum of 8. This should be wide open, and it is very difficult to decide where to make the move.

I now decided to design a tour in the East Mediterranean including Gaza, Israel, Lebanon, Turkey, Cyprus and Crete so far, so it should get long enough for the dec-tour competition. The outline so far is 1 30 km time trial (the Gaza Strip is just big enough), no real mountain finish, but difficult to control and some opportunities for the bold rider. It will take me some more time to finish the tour but I am already curious what you will think about it.

Radunion

Post by Radunion » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:16 pm

Two more races in Mexico, both are quite long and the first one is very boring.

I was tempted to award mountain points for the two +1 in the course. To make it a little bit interesting I decided to race it with 6 riders per team. At least some sprinter teams have to collaborate to get the expected outcome.

Should be more interesting. Again far to go from the last mountain to the finish, but just one real opportunity to decide the race.

Radunion

Post by Radunion » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:38 pm

I am happy to present a real climbers tour. 4 days on 4 different islands in the Atlantic ocean.

The first stage is on the small island of Hierro, hence it is short, but that will not make it easy.

Second stage in La Palma, with very high mountains, considering the the start and finish are at see level.

Third stage in Tenarife, and the stages gets longer, but not easier. And a short but steep climb as the last test.

Last but not least a very hard and long test for the remaining riders. This is the opportunity for one last try to win the tour.

Radunion

Post by Radunion » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:09 pm

I decided to do something useful with my Dec-tour candidate. I can offer a chellenging 7 days tour. Likely I will offer most of the other stages as 1 day races.

Basically the more difficult part of my Dec-tour candidate. Difficult but no mountain top finishes. Plenty of chances for the daring to make up time lost in the time trial, but no stages guaranties a time gain.

Radunion

Post by Radunion » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Some more 1 day races from the dec-tour canditate

A very long race in with some difficulties near the end. Should be good for hillsprinters.

The mountains are not very steep, but it could be difficult to control.

This race is quite simple, the the 6,6 at the beginning of the last 10 km will bring the decision.

It will be a huge effort to prevent a sprint, but it should be possible if some teams ride together or the sprint teams do not show up.

Radunion

Post by Radunion » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:11 am

Just one for the time after the snow. 12 laps in the "Lainzer Tiergarten" in Vienna. There is no Sieb-km, but it will be very difficult do control. And yes, just 6 riders per team in the narrow streets.

Radunion

Post by Radunion » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:04 pm

As the winter seems to end some races for climbers in Austria again. It would also make an interesting tour, but I do not think we need a fantasy tour for real season. The climbers will be happy to have some difficult one-day-races. The races are all rather short. I will draw longer races again next time.

A short race with a steep finish. This should be a race for climbers, but a move before the last climb is possible. This short race is for 7 riders.

Another short race, difficult right from the start. This time for 8 riders, you will need them when you ride for the best climbers.

I do not know what you think about very short races, but I give it a try. Just 80 km and difficult right from the start. This should give you the opportunity to make a dangerous move right at the start line. Therefor the hole race is raced in 1 min/km tact. Just 6 riders for the race due to the short distance. You will not need cheap flat helpers anyway.

Something longer and flatter again. The last 15 km are +1 with some +2 in it, so nothing serous. The last hill at 173 is a single +6, so there is enough time for the sprinters come back after a split. 9 riders per team could make it even easier.

Radunion

Post by Radunion » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:11 pm

If the Kirchberg - Kirchberg race is too short I also offer the 2 lap version for 8 riders.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:33 pm

Ehm, the profile shows both races at the same length.... :D

Radunion

Post by Radunion » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:10 pm

I corrected the graphic. Just an unwanted editor feature. The link always shows the last preview created in the editor. I created a preview before saving the 2 lap version, so you saw the new profile for the old race. :(