Gengis

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

GengisKhan

Re: Gengis

Post by GengisKhan » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:50 pm

Yeah I've hesitated but I prefer when all the stages have the same scale in a same Tour, because here for example, you can quickly see that the 2nd stage isn't the same kind of difficulty than 3rd and 4th.

lesossies
Site Admin

Post by lesossies » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:27 am

I like India too, but it seems very hard.

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:17 pm

Well, the 3rd stage HC is 26kms with 4.5% average, 10% in hardest part.
The 4th stage HC is a bit harder yeah, 38kms with an average of 4.9% and also 10% in hardest part.
So they are very long, that's true, but not soooo hard. Also, there is no arrival at the top of these two mountains.

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:45 pm

The Tour of Hhohho

A tour I think good for January or February like "pre-season" in the South Hemisphere. Four stages, short and very nervous, taking place in the region of Hhohho, in the North West of Swaziland.

The 1st stage is probably the easier, starting from Luve and going the capital of the country Mbabane. Two climbs, but enough far from finish, maybe a hill sprinter can win, or a group.

The 2nd stage is 100kms loop around the capital. Flat stage but with a hill just before the finish line to make some differences.

The 3rd stage is the shorter, but with climbing finish. Anyway, it's probably not the queen stage.

The 4th and last stage, the longest (124 km), with a lot hard kms in the first part, then 55 kms in South Africa, and return to Swaziland with a last hard climb. Finish in Ngwenya. I think a bit hard even for punchers.

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:46 pm

Long time without creation (either running races ^^), so I'm back, with a steep race in Albania.

Probably too hard for sprinters.

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:42 pm

Ah, I feel I was missing race designing, as I just achieved a 4-days Tour whereas I'm supposed to study. So, there is this new race "Tôkyô - Kyôto", a 4-days competition between the new and the old capital of Rising Sun Empire. It was designed for TV, since the road passes a lot of beautiful race, but I tried to not forget the sportive interest.

So, first day, a hard stage starting to Tôkyô and going to the highest station of Mount Fuji. I'm actually not very keen on this kind of arrivals for a 1st stage, but it was the only opportunity to arrive there and, you know, Mount Fuji is just essential for this race :P

After such a first day, racers will maybe be quite stiff. So, they'll have an easy 2nd day, from Shizuoka to Nagoya, when they'll pass most of their journey longing the Pacific Coast. Hope they'll enjoy the blue of the sea and the iode odor before an eventual sprint.

3rd stage, between Nagoya and Ôsaka, is a relatively flat stage, but with some really hard hills.

And finally, the last stage: Ôsaka - Kyôto. The race enters very quickly in Kyôto (about 50 kms) and then begins a nice loop on this city, which is one of the most beautiful in the world. So, they'll have 5 loops to enjoy the wonderful monuments (well, at least TV spectators whill have it) before the arrival. Climbings are easier than the day before, but more numerous, so if the rankings are closed, it can still be played on this day.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:29 pm

Take out the ^ is better I think. Not sure if ^ has the same effect as ' etc, but think so. Creates bugs in the finance page.

And Kyoto sucks anyway, only the station is great! (ok maybe one temple, the one there, forgot the name, kyomizudera or something? After 2 you want to go shoot some people though, so rather look at the great station)
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:04 pm

I've corrected the accents. Unicode must be the only existing encoding, in texts as in code. Others encondings suck :evil:
Robyklebt wrote: And Kyoto sucks anyway)
:shock:
Are you that implied in Kantô vs Kansai rivality ?

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:50 pm

A race in Norway now. Two parts: the first half is a loop passing by the villages around Stavanger, the second is the climbing to the Valevatn Lake. I indicated it as middle mountain race, because it's a hill arrival. Nonetheless, last climbing is very easy (less than 4% average, hardest km in 5%), so a climbing-skilled sprinter might be able to pass it, but would need a very strong team to control the peloton.

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:02 pm

Another 4-days Tour (yeah, I think coming winter is the right moment to design some tours ^^) in Morroco. The "Tour de Marrakech".

The first stage is a sprinter stage, quite short and without any difficulty, around Marrakech.

Second day is harder, with mountain, but nerver really hard kilometers. The climbing are long, but quite easy.

Third stage is mountain too, quite easy too, but the last summit has some hard slopes.

Anyway, things can still happen on last day. It's composed of two half-stages. The first, returning to Marrakech, has nervous start, and as it's very short, surprises can happen.

Finally, on the afternoon, a short ITT, 10 kms, from the airport to the center of Marrakech.

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:32 am

GP Iaşi, a 26 kms loop around the city of Iaşi, in Romania. The hardest slope is a 7% km. Ask for 6-riders teams, to make the race more dynamic.

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:39 am

Maybe not the kind of race which please for the calendar, but I thought it was nice to do it, so there is la Volta a Fogo, in the island of Fogo, in Cape Verde. Race goes all around the island before climbing the inside volcanoe. Quite short (135 kms), but slopes are hard (until 15%) and weather is tropical. Mountain AND downhill skills are requisited for applying to victory.

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:56 am

Trka kros Crna Gora (Tour of Montenegro), a little 3 days race in Montenegro. No very hard stage, but some hills and middle mountain to make the difference. I guess it would be a tour for classic riders.

1st stage, starting in Ulcinj, near the sea, and going to Nikšić, the 2nd biggest of the country. It passes by the capital, Podgorica.

2nd stage goes by the Northern mountains. It starts on Nikšić and ends on Rožaje.

Last stage starts on Rožaje and returns to the capital, Podgorica.

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:28 pm

In order to develop tourism in the Island of Vis, Croatia, its representants are working on a cycling project, the GP Vis. 6 loops around the island with hilly slopes.

Probably the last circuit race I'll do before a while, because I think it's boring when there is too much, but I thought it was nice to do one on that island.

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:52 am

A short 2-days Tour in the island of Jeju, island where Korean and Japanese people enjoy taking some holidays.
The first stage, sponsorised by the tourism office, makes the tour of the coast, with view on the sea all day long.

Then, after a nice night on one of the hotels of the island, the morning stage goes through the inside region, where there is a mountain to climb, before downing again to the coast.

On the afternoon, after a nice bibimbap, there is a last 7 kms to run, in order to finalize the general ranking.

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:53 pm

As I had free time this afternoon, I decided to design another race in one of the new countries. So, a very flat race with 4%/7% sieb in the 10 last.

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:34 am

Seems I am in an African mood. So a race quite similar to the last one, in a neighbour country, Zambia, but with a middle mountain finish. No chance for sprinters I think, in this one.

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:58 pm

A race in Djibouti for punchers with good downhill skills. Don't understand why it appears black, as I didn't put any pavé. A bug ?

olmania

Post by olmania » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:16 pm

weird black stuff. Why good downhill skills are needed ?

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:00 am

Actually no, there is a double -16%, but as I added some kms to finish in a city, it's too far from finish line to be important. But what is this black, seems that Hunsrueck had the same problem...

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:52 pm

Trophée de la Grille. A very short and nervous race around the volcanoe of La Grille, in Comoros. This race was designed to be a kind of big show, with hard slopes (+/-) on a short distance (103 km). A very offensive race is expected ;)

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:54 pm

I wanted to design a race around Miyazaki, but as I'm a bit fed up by all the hilly races I do these times, I did an ITT. One sometimes isn't that bad, no ? ^^

So there it is, 46 kms:

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:32 am

A flat race in Cambodge designed to be a fight between sprinters and punchers teams, because of a 11% slope 30 kms before the finish line.

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:32 pm

A little 4-days going from South to North of Taiwan.

1st stage is very flat, probably for sprinters, if there are enough teams who want to work like this.

2nd stage with a big irregular mountain to make some selection, but still far from finish line, and a little hill before arriving. I think better for punchers.

3rd stage very flat, except on the arrive with very nervous slopes. Probably the most important kms of this tour.

End with a short punchers race going to Taipei.

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:19 am

A very flat race for sprinters, with only a 6%/6% slot on the 4th cat to make some difference.