Esto Studios

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

iBanesto

Esto Studios

Post by iBanesto » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:00 pm

Esto Studios opens with part III of the defunct races series, part I+II were Classic Haribo and Trofeo Luis Puig. Here comes the Classique des Alpes, last held in 2004 and won by someone named Oscar Pereiro. He outsprinted Iban Mayo and Jose Enrique "Quique" "El Buffalo" Gutierrez in a group of eight.

The race should be held in early June before Dauphine Libere.

iBanesto

Re: Esto Studios

Post by iBanesto » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:23 pm

This is a "remix" of the Ronde van Vlaanderen U23, which was held today. 60-70% are taken from there, I made some changes for the rest. The race includes none of the mythical climbs - no Muur, Bosberg, Koppenberg, Kwaremont or Kemmelberg - instead there are many lesser known climbs in it, Kruisberg, Wolvenberg, Pottelberg. I also made some changes to increase the cobbled Kms, which were rather low in the original U23 race, no cobbles before the Molenberg there. Steenbeekdries-Taaienberg-Eikenberg makes a nice finale in my opinion.

iBanesto

Post by iBanesto » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:08 pm

Just read the mountain race discussion over at Krawallagen's thread. I have some ideas for great climbers races, but no time to do them. So I will just put the ideas out there and whoever feels like they are cool can design them.

1: Susa - Col du Mont Cenis - St Michel de Maurienne - Telegraphe - Galibier - La Salle les Alpes - Col de Granon - Bardonecchia - Monte Jafferau

Monte Jafferau was the finish of a giro stage once in the 70ies, Merckx won back then. I stumbled over that climb last year. Sterrato.

2: Barcelonnette - Col de la Bonette - St Etienne de Tinee - St Sauveur sur Tinee - Col de la Couillole - Croix du Sapet - St Martin d' Entraunes
a: Col des Champs - Colmars - Col d'Allos - Barcelonnette
b: Col de la Cayolle - Barcelonnette

3: Cuneo - Valdieri - Madonna del Coletto - Demonte - Colle dei Morti - Stroppo - Colle di Sampeyre - Sampeyre - Colle dell'Agnello - Chateau Queyras - Sommet Bucher

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:33 pm

I have got another idea:

I just loved that stage and was very sad as it was kicked out of the Giro 09 just so close before the start. Then you used it for Centoanni, that lost by just one or 2 votes. I know, normally, those stages should not be talen out of a tour to be a one-day-race, but i think this is a different situation here. It was stolen from us by Giro organisators, we couldn't ride it in Centoanni, but that great stage really deserves to be ridden. So why not as a one-day-race?
Last edited by Cerro Torre RT on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iBanesto

Post by iBanesto » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:25 pm

I certainly wouldn't mind, but it's not for me to decide.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:05 pm

Certainly for you to decide.

Mr Leso always asks us, ups, sorry, not us anymore, since I'm a winner now, not a loser like you and OL etc, SPIH, yeah, winner roby, ok ok, back to the point, Mr Ossies always asked us (shit, again... see above) if we want to shorten our tour to a 4 or so day tour, or if we want some of the stages as 1 day race. I always refused when I was like you, somebody that doesn't win the great december vote.... but it would always have been possible to tell leso: Put that great ethiopian stage in as a 1 day race. Don't think that has changed... he offered it in 07 for sure, 08 as well I think.. maybe no explicit mention in 09... but would be surprised if he changed his policy. But YOU have to tell him that you want it in.... I for example would be unhappy if he put in one of my SPIH stages (if the impossible had happened and SPIH hadn't won I mean..) without me telling him to put it in.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

lesossies
Site Admin

Post by lesossies » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:24 pm

I think too, Centoanni is too good to put it in the trash.
I wanted to do something with it but I don´t remember what, maybe I remember :roll:

iBanesto

Post by iBanesto » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:25 pm

Yes leso, I remember the message you sent me. It said you want to do "something" with it. :D

Regarding the race, I don't mind using it as a one-day-race. If people want to use it, ok, put it in the calender, I'm fine with that. But we're opening the december tour flood gates here, other people might come around and want their races in the calender and then we have a situation that nobody wanted when we started this december tour competition. It's not my problem then, because I'm not pushing leso to have my race in the calender. If you (and by you I mean the people) want to have it, I'm ok with it. That's what I mean by "It's not my decision, but I don't mind".

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:47 pm

Well, i think the situation is different to all other december tour stages. The big difference is it was kicked out from Giro 09 by no reason. I don't think there is any other December Tour Stage which fits into that. So let's say: Take it out of the Giro, who missed it out that culpably, and not from the december tour.

iBanesto

Post by iBanesto » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:02 pm

Tough Bulgarian one day race, designed in the style of the Italian autumn classics: long initial lap - short laps - finale. Namuresque finish.

iBanesto

Post by iBanesto » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:03 pm

Tour de Random. 180 random numbers ranging from -10 to +10. I had to try a couple of times until a nice race was "created". Added some cat 3 for the money lovers, done.

iBanesto

Post by iBanesto » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:01 pm

I call it "Winter Sanremo".

iBanesto

Post by iBanesto » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:51 pm

iBanesto wrote:Just read the mountain race discussion over at Krawallagen's thread. I have some ideas for great climbers races, but no time to do them. So I will just put the ideas out there and whoever feels like they are cool can design them.

1: Susa - Col du Mont Cenis - St Michel de Maurienne - Telegraphe - Galibier - La Salle les Alpes - Col de Granon - Bardonecchia - Monte Jafferau

Monte Jafferau was the finish of a giro stage once in the 70ies, Merckx won back then. I stumbled over that climb last year. Sterrato.

2: Barcelonnette - Col de la Bonette - St Etienne de Tinee - St Sauveur sur Tinee - Col de la Couillole - Croix du Sapet - St Martin d' Entraunes
a: Col des Champs - Colmars - Col d'Allos - Barcelonnette
b: Col de la Cayolle - Barcelonnette

3: Cuneo - Valdieri - Madonna del Coletto - Demonte - Colle dei Morti - Stroppo - Colle di Sampeyre - Sampeyre - Colle dell'Agnello - Chateau Queyras - Sommet Bucher
Did those three now finally since I did not see someone else do them.

Some sterrato here.

Chose option b here.

Cut it short because the other two are longish and the race is hard enough without the full Agnello. Sampeyre+Chianale is a bit like Mortirolo+Aprica.

olmania

Post by olmania » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:15 pm

Downhill of the granon offroad is not possible with a road bike. Even people who want to die are affraid of that idea :lol:

iBanesto

Post by iBanesto » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:05 am

Well, ok then. :lol: