Re: March 2024

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:50 am

flockmastoR wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:27 pm
Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:18 pm
Final PDF
March 2024
Rhodes GP is published for the 08. but pdf says 09. what is the correct date?
Changed to 9th! I did it in the db.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:01 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:08 pm
1)The circuit on stage 7 in Catalunya! x times the same lap, should be the same percentages each time around!
Not sure if Schartner disagrees or just didnt have the time so far. For consistency, someone could just copy and paste last year's circuit.
Robyklebt wrote:
2)Strade Bianche: We're probably a few years late anyway, but think that from 2025 on we should upgrade it to category 5? Its prestige already surpasses that of all other cat 4s anyway, and of quite a few cat 5.
The only counterargument to that is UCI also has not yet upgraded the race. It is in the same category as Cadel Evans or Frankfurt-Eschborn for example. However, I have no problem with us deviating from UCI cateogries. In fact, I like that we value prestige / history / popularity and not only the official classification, which to some extent is money-driven like in many sports associations.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:08 pm

Just 4km extra between Waregem and Hellestraat compared to 2023.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:00 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:01 pm
Robyklebt wrote:
1)The circuit on stage 7 in Catalunya! x times the same lap, should be the same percentages each time around!
Not sure if Schartner disagrees or just didnt have the time so far. For consistency, someone could just copy and paste last year's circuit.
Robyklebt wrote:
2)Strade Bianche: We're probably a few years late anyway, but think that from 2025 on we should upgrade it to category 5? Its prestige already surpasses that of all other cat 4s anyway, and of quite a few cat 5.
The only counterargument to that is UCI also has not yet upgraded the race. It is in the same category as Cadel Evans or Frankfurt-Eschborn for example. However, I have no problem with us deviating from UCI cateogries. In fact, I like that we value prestige / history / popularity and not only the official classification, which to some extent is money-driven like in many sports associations.

On the first point. Doesn't have to be the same as last year, it's one of these annoying circuits that can be interpreted in different ways...

2) Lessossies, LCB and me all agreed that just taking the UCI classification wasn't the best solution for the categories. Talking about 2006 and 2007 now :lol: We took the ratings of a now long disappeared site whose name I've forgotten too.
Of course it has big similarities with the UCI ratings too, but is not exactly the same:
Monuments cat 6
UCI PRoTour cat 5
UCI pseudo ProTour and UCI 1.HC cat 4

Here the relevant part is UCI PseudoProTour, not the official name, just what I use. A bunch of races that were added to the proTour or World Tour it's called I think actually all of the sudden in 2017 it seems. Like the director of Frankfurt said at the time, they didn't apply for it, were asked, just said yes, that was it. Tour of Qatar got the status too and wasn't ridden a single time anymore since then...
I call it pseudo World Tour because unlike in "real" World Tour events the World Tour teams don't have the obligation to start. All WT Teams have to ride Milano Sanremo, the Flèche Wallonne, etc. etc. Not those 5 or 6 new WT races. Cadel Evans we still have at category 3. And actually if anything that's almost too high, it has 0 prestige, the startlist is bad. Too long after Down Under (where teams send a lot of there neos and helpers since they are obliged to start, few riders are there for more than just training), so they don't even get the full Down Under participation, just some of the WT teams stay on. 24 10 of them. 11 in 23. This really shouldn't be cat 4, and it isn't. Good. Frankfurt at 4, actually doubtful too, but as German race with some history, I don't mind it having cat 4, classic status.
Strade Bianche now of course has all the WT teams starting (this year for sure, in the past years most likely too) and despite its short history already has lots of prestige. Cat 5 IMO consistent with our general rating.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:19 pm

Nokere Koerse: This year we ride it with 9 riders... was like that in the preview as well. Of course as category 3 race it should be 8 riders.

The rules: Since a few years now we ride cat 4+ races, with 9 riders, cat 2+3 real races with 8. Cat 1 real was with 7 usually, but don't think we actually had a formal rule for that. Fantasy decided by the designer. So Nokere Koerse should have been 8 riders as well.

Not sure if that's the reason, but:
In the old system, in the upload tool, number of riders was one of the categories you had to fill in. In the end didn't matter what was put in in the editor, decision was taken in the upload tool. If I remember correctly it showed you what the designer had put in in the editor, but you still had to fill out the box asking for the number of riders. Possible that the previous Nokere Koerse design still showed 9 riders and that's why it ended up as 9 riders?
What I'm saying: Number of old riders in designs from the old editor are not reliable, always control and adapt according to the category.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:43 pm

Mountains from km97 are the same. Route before has changed vs 2023.

In the meantime... Volta Limburg changed parts of their route, too. It is on the website and on flamme rouge, but it is quite hard to design it in a good way with all the little Bergs and the various circuits. I wont have time for it this week unfortunately. So options are

A) Someone else designs it.
B) Cancel it.
C) Ride last years version.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Schartner Bombe

Post by Schartner Bombe » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:51 pm

VOLTA LIMBURG CLASSIC

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:06 pm

Schartner Bombe wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:51 pm
VOLTA LIMBURG CLASSIC
Thanks Schartner!

One thing I noticed in the profile, the second time Berghuizen, Gulperberg and Mheerelindje seem to be higher? Some 50m or so? This is the stuff that's really difficult to design with multiple circuits in one race... you miss one km somewhere or you duplicate one km too much, suddenly you are 50m too high... even with the new "circuit" functionality in the Editor it can happen.

If you want to check it, thanks, if not, I will use this version.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Schartner Bombe

Post by Schartner Bombe » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:22 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:06 pm
Schartner Bombe wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:51 pm
VOLTA LIMBURG CLASSIC
Thanks Schartner!

One thing I noticed in the profile, the second time Berghuizen, Gulperberg and Mheerelindje seem to be higher? Some 50m or so? This is the stuff that's really difficult to design with multiple circuits in one race... you miss one km somewhere or you duplicate one km too much, suddenly you are 50m too high... even with the new "circuit" functionality in the Editor it can happen.

If you want to check it, thanks, if not, I will use this version.

ok. done - faked some kms in between first time climbs and second