Faun Drome Classic >>> OL
Le Samyn >>> Gip
Trofeo Laigueglia >>> Gip
Trofej Umag >>> Gip

Legend
BLUE = Designer found
GREEN = DONE
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Gipfelstuermer

Re: February 2024

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:33 pm

Some comments:

Valenciana || Besseges: Starts on 31 Jan, so it's fixed. Maybe I was a bit optimistic with 5 editions. Let's see how it goes, but for the rest of the month I do not plan 5 editions for stage races, rather 4 or 3, not only because of participation, but also because there are classics in parallel.

Provence: Was cancelled by the organisers last year, now back in the calendar. Prefer it alone, not parallel to Antalya or Colombia, because those have less prestige/history in C4F and would be just more stage races to be designed. (If there is strong demand and a designer for Antalya or Colombia, can be changed). I also prefer Provence over Oman, although Oman is higher UCI category and has a long C4F history (ridden since 2010 with exception of covid years where it didn't take place). Reason is that this year Oman overlaps with Algarve & Ruta del Sol. If there is high demand for Oman, it can be fitted in. Sometimes those overlaps are actually nice, because it helps one day race participation, but it would mean we need to cut heavily on Provence, Algarve & Ruta del Sol editions. All down to 0-2 editions then. Other solution would be to let Oman start one day earlier, but as a purist I cannot propose that from the start.

Ruta Del Sol || Algarve: 2 editions each, most likely both in, but to some extent subject to what we decide with Provence & Oman. Switched times compared to last year, so teams have a chance to ride their favorite tour at their favorite time. But if there is specific demand for one tour at a specific, can be changed. For example, personally I'd prefer Algarve in the afternoon.

Times / Editions: In general, this month is a month to test unusual times. Lots of short tours, so we can try something like had been suggested in January. 8 o clock for the early morning guys ? 11 or 12 for the late morning guys, and perhaps good for those short tours which have 2 of 4/5 days on the weekend? I wasn't creative in the Preview, but if there is demand, tell me. But it needs to be specific, something like: "I would ride tour
A at time X", otherwise it will just be a disappointment if it's just an idea and noone shows up in the end.

NCs: Tuesday, 6th February. Idea is to have them each year in Feb-Jun-Oct. Feb and Oct are perfect as start/end of off-season - so there is usually space for NCs - and June is the month with the real NCs.
GIP MASTERPLAN

drei.zehn

Post by drei.zehn » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:23 pm

General starting times I would like to even try a 8-12 combination, just to see how it works out.

And the way I noticed most of us got a bit older, have families and most important…familytime at the weekends. These shorter tours are perfect to have them finished from Monday-Friday

Don’t think we need to be that precise with the UCI calendar

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:59 pm

drei.zehn wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:23 pm
General starting times I would like to even try a 8-12 combination, just to see how it works out.
Something more precise would be helpful. Which tour(s) at 8 or 12? Who would ride them? If you can say which tour you will ride at 8 or at 12 - and you cannot ride on the times suggested - that would be a starting point for a discussion perhaps.

The idea to avoid weekends in general... I am not in favor and can give several reasons... but don't want to get lost in that discussion now. Maybe later.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:10 pm

Weekends are usually difficult for me too. It can't be avoided, but I would also welcome tours lasting 5 days during the week. At least maybe just 1 day on the weekend.

I'm generally open at 8 a.m. or 12 p.m. Difficult to say specifically this or that tour. Couldn't we test this in day races (ideally not parallel to a tour), as is supposed to be the case? For example, if there are always 10 teams starting at 12 p.m., you can test the time on a tour.
Giro d´Italia 2016 - James Müller
La Vuelta 2015 - Mark McCann
La Doyenne - Helge Thomsen

Schartner Bombe

Post by Schartner Bombe » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:05 pm

And don't forget the first race of EROICA-SERIES will be in FEB.
EROICA CUBA

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9530&p=119332#p118851

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:13 am

Schartner Bombe wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:05 pm
EROICA CUBA

It is scheduled in the calendar preview, no need to panic :D
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Schartner Bombe

Post by Schartner Bombe » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:00 pm

flockmastoR wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:13 am
Schartner Bombe wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:05 pm
EROICA CUBA

It is scheduled in the calendar preview, no need to panic :D

ah thx, I see :)
only didnt read something about here ;)

Tukhtahuaev

Post by Tukhtahuaev » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:00 pm

Would need to see the profiles to see which times I prefer.

If no one else has already started, I'll design Algarve during the next week or so

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:15 pm

Tukhtahuaev wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:00 pm
Would need to see the profiles to see which times I prefer.

If no one else has already started, I'll design Algarve during the next week or so
i asked in calendar chat about it with intentions to design it last weekend, but looks like i will be pretty busy this week, so feel free to design it with the gpx and other info from official website :)
Spelling mistakes are Special functions Like bugs that are functions of the game

olmania

Post by olmania » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:49 am

I will try to design Provence this Sunday if I have time ;)
Maybe design another tour, if I really have time.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:06 pm

Started with one day races chronologically.

All * based on the course video. All grass/mud, no sand, no asphalt.

(Same as 2023)

(Same as 2023)
GIP MASTERPLAN

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:17 am

New Route for 2024 with a finish in Murcia.

Alto Collado Bermejo and Alto Cresta del Gallo have been used quite often before, at different points of the race and with various percentages in-game. If anyone has strong views, can be adjusted.

More general question: Given Muscat, Almeria & Murcia parallel to Provence, should Provence go down to 3 editions like we only give 3 editions to UAE parallel to Omloop and KBK ?

Also for UAE, is 9-14-20 a good combination? 20 will be huge, the other two maybe small? Last year we had 9-18-21 with relatively equal participation (9-12-12 teams) but afternoon seemed stronger than early evening when I did the preview (in Jan Tour, Christmas Tour). But now 19h actually very popular for Down Under.... Think, 19 is just way more popular than 18...

... so maybe switch UAE to 9-19-22 and then Provence, if only 3 editions, becomes 10-15-20 ? Just a thought. Opinions helpful :)
GIP MASTERPLAN

Tukhtahuaev

Post by Tukhtahuaev » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:53 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:17 am
... so maybe switch UAE to 9-19-22 and then Provence, if only 3 editions, becomes 10-15-20 ? Just a thought. Opinions helpful :)
I would be in favor of that. Provence is not that important to necessarily need 4 times and higher participation for the one day races would be nice

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:02 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:17 am

Think, 19 is just way more popular than 18...
quite a few probably aren't home from work, club sports or other late afternoon activities at 18h, if it is 18 or 21 I often choose 21, but if it is 18 or 22, i might skip instead

my prefered times are 19 and 20, so i like the proposal ^^
Spelling mistakes are Special functions Like bugs that are functions of the game

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:56 pm

New Route 2024

Same design gravel rule as Strade Bianche. In any sector, first 3 km *, then **.

Same route as 2023 (not ridden in c4f), but one lap more in 2024.

New race in France.
GIP MASTERPLAN

olmania

Post by olmania » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:51 pm

Not a detailed roadbook yet, so I did my best.
The last stage with laps around Arles are maybe a bit wrong, but as it's all flat, I guess that does not make much of a difference.

olmania

Post by olmania » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:58 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:56 pm

New Route 2024

Same design gravel rule as Strade Bianche. In any sector, first 3 km *, then **.

Same route as 2023 (not ridden in c4f), but one lap more in 2024.

New race in France.
About Classic Var, where did you find info ?
I don't see much online yet.
Only data I found says it will be 183kms, and I think they put the finish line near the first parking, which means before the flatish section on top. Last km would be a 7% then. full climb smthg like : 8/8/9/7 and the km at the bottom is unseasy because of the transition from downhill to the climb, so whatever you put should be ok I guess :)

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:11 pm

olmania wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:58 pm
Only data I found says it will be 183kms, and I think they put the finish line near the first parking, which means before the flatish section on top. Last km would be a 7% then. full climb smthg like : 8/8/9/7 and the km at the bottom is unseasy because of the transition from downhill to the climb, so whatever you put should be ok I guess :)
The best info I could find was this:

https://www.directvelo.com/actualite/10 ... lassic-var

Hard to say where exactly the finish line is, but you might be correct ! I also don't know how they arrive at 183km but I thought 177 is not too far away. If they provide more info later we can adjust.
GIP MASTERPLAN

olmania

Post by olmania » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:15 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:11 pm
olmania wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:58 pm
The best info I could find was this:

https://www.directvelo.com/actualite/10 ... lassic-var

Hard to say where exactly the finish line is, but you might be correct ! I also don't know how they arrive at 183km but I thought 177 is not too far away. If they provide more info later we can adjust.
If you check posts from December on the FB page of the event, you will see the video of the route and it stops at the first parking (but it's difficult to see it :D).
if the last 40kms are somehow correct, I agree, 177/183kms, not a big difference for that profile :)

About Ardèche and Drôme Classics, still no info online about 2024 races. Let's assume the route is the same if still no info available by the end of the month (and update later the profile if needed).

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:53 pm

Figueira Champions Classic should be category 2 and 8 riders. cat 1 and 7 riders is really only for real races that are UCI 1.2 (in Europe, in Asia etc some 1.1. definitely might qualify as cat 1 at c4f) This year it will even be 1.Pro, but I'd think cat 2 still fits better than cat 3.
And IMO could be done on the real date, 10.02., then have 2 one day races with 2 editions each that day.

Classic Var the same for the category. Cat 2 and 8 riders.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:46 am

Final PDF online.

Changes:
- Provence 10-15-20 and UAE 9-19-22 to support one-day race participation (which looks great for Mallorca challenge btw :) )
- Category changes as proposed by Roby (even though date-wise I kept Figueira following Murcia, Almeria, Jaen. Think it fits in nicely in this row of Iberian races and with nothing else on 13 Feb no need to force people to decide between Jaen and Figueira, which Jaen might lose because it has no Intermediates and that seems counter-productive to me because Jaen is the more popular race (not by UCI category) but by its (super short) history, yet with some of the best riders in the world participating (and winning) whereas Figueira does not yet have that status.

Real races online until 13 Feb. For races after that, any help designing is appreciated :)
GIP MASTERPLAN

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:46 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:46 am
Real races online until 13 Feb. For races after that, any help designing is appreciated :)
this weekend i can do UAE

olmania

Post by olmania » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:16 pm

Still can't find more info that start/arrival towns for Ruta del Sol :? no idea when details about the route will be on.
Not much info about Umag and Lagueglia, probably the same as last year. Like Ardèche/Drôme, can be added with same profile, and check later if any info about route change has emerged.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:21 pm

Sounds like a dumb idea.

Add something, then change it? Possibly? So people might put form on it, and then it turns out to be something different? Put stuff on when it's fix.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!