November 2023

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

drei.zehn

Re: November 2023

Post by drei.zehn » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:06 pm

When will we have the final calendar for november?

Shorter time means the possibility that I forget to do my form settings is getting bigger and bigger😂

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:29 pm

drei.zehn wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:06 pm
When will we have the final calendar for november?

Shorter time means the possibility that I forget to do my form settings is getting bigger and bigger😂
There is already a final pdf. Races are already to be found in the editor page. Will put as many online as possible today
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:30 pm

Does the andes come today too?
I think most important are the Tour s and big stageraces.
Giro d´Italia 2016 - James Müller
La Vuelta 2015 - Mark McCann
La Doyenne - Helge Thomsen

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:40 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:30 pm
Does the andes come today too?
I think most important are the Tour s and big stageraces.
Should already be in the preview
"More", "Editor", "Calendar Preview"
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:20 pm

Criticism!

October: Apart from the real races with dirt, we had quite a few races with dirt/dirty road (sic)/gravel/pavé races.
The waffle (somebody seems to have one of the waffle about these races :lol: ) which I don't mind, gravel races, why not.
Then Nicosia Famagusta, Cyprus Hill Race, Zadar-Split, Alexandriette-Antioche. Zadar Split pretty irrelevant since it was max * on flat far from the goal.

But with Paris-Tours and Veneto, the Waffle as gravel races, plus the Pavé tour for pavé, were the others really necessary? Alexandriette was useful to see how minus downhill works (it doesn't too well) but otherwise? I wouldn't even mind so much if these races with pavé didn't seemingly replace actual pavé races. But they don't. Instead of 2 pavé races per month now we have x races with pavé. And continues into November. I realize we don't have many or at this point any pavé races but write something in that thread you have to ask designers to design things you need.
For me 2 pavé races a month (October with the pavétour 0 or 1 ok), the Waffle... and then if we get races with pavé/gravel ok ok, it's not like they make the race more interesting but ok. Preferably not in the mass we had in the end of October, more spread out, but if that's what people design, ok. But not at the expense of actual pavé races!
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:01 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:20 pm
Criticism!

October: Apart from the real races with dirt, we had quite a few races with dirt/dirty road (sic)/gravel/pavé races.
The waffle (somebody seems to have one of the waffle about these races :lol: ) which I don't mind, gravel races, why not.
Then Nicosia Famagusta, Cyprus Hill Race, Zadar-Split, Alexandriette-Antioche. Zadar Split pretty irrelevant since it was max * on flat far from the goal.

But with Paris-Tours and Veneto, the Waffle as gravel races, plus the Pavé tour for pavé, were the others really necessary? Alexandriette was useful to see how minus downhill works (it doesn't too well) but otherwise? I wouldn't even mind so much if these races with pavé didn't seemingly replace actual pavé races. But they don't. Instead of 2 pavé races per month now we have x races with pavé. And continues into November. I realize we don't have many or at this point any pavé races but write something in that thread you have to ask designers to design things you need.
For me 2 pavé races a month (October with the pavétour 0 or 1 ok), the Waffle... and then if we get races with pavé/gravel ok ok, it's not like they make the race more interesting but ok. Preferably not in the mass we had in the end of October, more spread out, but if that's what people design, ok. But not at the expense of actual pavé races!
Hm November (current planned races)

02.11. Alexandria-El Alamein, race with gravel
06.11. - 10.11 Tour de Namibia, 2 stages with gravel
07.11. The Magnificant 7, pave race (or is this a race you would still call race with pavé?)
26.11. Belgian Waffle Ride Mexiko, gravel race
28.11. Itabirito-Ouro Preto, hilly pave race (or is this a race you would still call race with pavé?)

For me that would be 2 pave races. In October I didn't feel the necessity to add more pave races, the reasons you mentioned yourself.

Probably we really don't have enough pave races right now in the regions that are covered in the offsean (probably, I don't know and it is also not easy to keep track of that, when I scan the next region and find pave races, they are the first ones selected for the calendar). The reason I didn't ask yet to design "real" pave races is simple because I dont know if they are needed in the South-East Asia region or not. And I didn't ask for them in the CAMCar region is because I thought with those 2 races it is ok.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:38 pm

I also noticed a bit of inflation in gravel/pavé (and I say that as one of the gravel/pavé enthusiasts). But I think it doesn't have much to do with the calendar planning here.

It has more to do with an increase in fantasy fantasy races, i.e. fantasy races on fantasy roads instead of fantasy races on real roads. Just a trend recently... dont really know why but it's a design trend somehow. Even the Andes seem to suffer a bit from this trend, which wasn't the idea originally. I can accept it for one year in which the calendar planner resigned and we had lots of changes in the teams designing. But in the long run I'd prefer to have more fantasy races on real roads. But just my personal taste and we don't have an indicator for that yet in the Editor. Could be an idea to track that in the database. Designers would then have to make a conscious choice about it.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:04 am

Magnificent 7: Remake of the 7 Samurai, the original is a superb movie. The remake, never saw it. As a race I would have classified as race with pavé. It's this kind of races that always made FL complain if they were planned as pavé de noël... And made him coin the useful term "races with pavé" as opposed to pavé races)
The other one, ok as hill pavé.(Except it's the MPR of the year(most predictable race).
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:10 am

Ah, now finally remembered my second criticism, that I forgot temporarily, so didn't include it in the first post.

Starting the parallel Tour on Sunday maybe not ideal. Now we still got 6 teams in the 1 day race, but was fearing much less. IMO Monday start would have been better here.

The third criticism that I didn't forget, but didn't include because I realized it was a bit wrong... parallel to Namibia a bit much sprint (originally had seen San Jose with an easier mountain) 2 sprints, race with pavé, hill sprint, mountain. IMO something for classics would have been nice.

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:00 pm

The final part is a little different than the usual race.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:21 pm

I planned the fantasy races until the end of the month now, added a pave race in Mexico on the 30th (not strictly following by region plan). Reason mainly is that there are complaints about providing not enough "real" paves races (in comparison to races with paves). Asia will not really provide paves races, so I decided to include one more now. Still free to change it/shift it into December if you feel it fits better there?!
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:11 pm

flockmastoR wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:21 pm
I planned the fantasy races until the end of the month now, added a pave race in Mexico on the 30th (not strictly following by region plan).
Good choice because Belgian Waffle Ride Mexiko seems like it does not take place. No route, no road book on their website. Maybe you have something to replace it on the 26th ? Could be that Mexican pavé race but could also be something completely different if that one should stay on the 30th.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:53 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:11 pm
flockmastoR wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:21 pm
I planned the fantasy races until the end of the month now, added a pave race in Mexico on the 30th (not strictly following by region plan).
Good choice because Belgian Waffle Ride Mexiko seems like it does not take place. No route, no road book on their website. Maybe you have something to replace it on the 26th ? Could be that Mexican pavé race but could also be something completely different if that one should stay on the 30th.
I will take a look later today.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points